Dream/Life

Despite the insult not being directed at her, Iliya still felt the force of it... She was used to being almost an accessory to her father's reputation, and he WAS still her father, terrible king or not, still though, she didn't defend him, mostly because she couldn't think of any way to make him seem good...
"Thank you... So much..."
Iliya showed Agni one of her rare, true smiles, she actually couldn't remember her last real smile herself...
"I uhh... Prepared this in advance..."
She handed over a letter with the royal seal.
"An umm... Royal magic license... I can at least make those..."

Lycan's continued refusal to help made the princess more than a little sad, but she didn't know what to do...
Rheya decided it was about time to step in before Iliya started bawling again... She cried so much, even for the strange people in her dreams!
"I had heard wolves were strong and dangerous... It looks like I was mistaken! Even when offered gold or Royal favor, you refuse to aid those in need... Even when faced by a crying woman on her knees you still turn away... I'm glad we won't have to rely on a coward like you..."
She got right up in his face as she spoke, only to be called out by Iliya.
"Dame Rheya! What has come over you?! That is not speech befitting a royal knight... I am so sorry Lycan... I understand if you want to leave now... It's okay, I'll... Learn to use a sword or something..."

Taking the rolled parchment, she gave a small nod in understanding and then watched to commotion of Rheya yelling at Lycan. Though the wolf seemed unmoving as she got in his face and spat words of hurt at him. Then Lycan laughed. The wolf tilted back in his chair before catching his breath amused, "Oof, got a spicy one here huh? Sorry, dear 'Rheya', but you can count a 'coward like me' out. I have no reason to fight alongside a pathetic knight like your nor for a kingdom who has never done any good for its' people," The wolf stood up and gave a small shrug, "Good luck on learning, and enjoy your battle. I'm out of this shithole," With that Lycan turned and promptly left the garden, having no ill guilt about his decision and now returned his focus onto his own life. It was a struggle enough on his own in the forest, let alone adding injury and bloodshed to that. The kingdom never defended him when he needed it most, so why the fuck should he defend it instead?

With the wolf gone, the red-head paused for a moment to let things settle down before speaking, "I shall gather some much needed supplies and let you know how the potions reign,"

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
"Disgusting coward... We're better off without him..."
Rheya mumbled as he left, it was of course bravado, she knew she wasn't enough by herself to protect the princess... And felt a little guilt, as if she had chased Lycan off...
Still though, what's done is done, they'd just need to find someone else.

"Ahh... I had hoped I could rely on his tracking, but... I suppose mist people wouldn't want to aid me..."
Though she hid it well, Lycan's refusal had hurt Iliya, and she was only snapped out of it by Agni.
"Right... Anything you need that is... Hard to find... Send me a letter and I'll authorise it... I should also be able to handle any expenses... But for now... There is a feast soon and my father needs his second favourite accessory... So I must leave...".

The red-head knew that Lycan left because he felt cornered and forced. Werewolves where strange creatures when they grow up without a pack around them, and having him hanging around a lot allowed her to see his behavior. Agni was sure that Lycan might return or even join them on their first day of training. For now he probably was hiding away in his trees to calm down and beat himself up about how the words actually hurt. Yet never say they did. So, it was best for them to just move forward with their needs of preparation, and wait for Lycan to decide. "Of course, let me know when we begin training and I'll start on some of my ideas," Agni has had an idea for weaponized potions for a while, like bombs, but never could make them due to the magic restriction, "I'll you all tomorrow?"

"Ahh... Yes, tomorrow was when I planned to start training... I will have to acquire a sword, though that shouldn't be too hard... I hope..."
Iliya declared, brushing her stained dress off again as she prepared to leave, she'd have to change of course...
"Now I really must be going..."
She ran off, Rheya following behind as her bodyguard.

The next day was bright and cheery, a far cry from the gloom that seemed to cling to the last few days... Of course that might have just been the excision that was happening... A large chunk of students including many of the bullies were attending, Mike however had 'lost' his forms and never shown his parents... There were many, many reasons he wanted to avoid a water park... Not least being his inability to swim.
Emma simply couldn't afford it... Her father had tried, but the last time her chair was damaged it had left a large hole in the budget, besides, it want like she could actually do anything there.

Right a fun time swimming. Not. Mason didnt have a parent to give the permission sheet to nor had even the slightest of money. So he hung back as the mass of students chattered about this trip to a water park. The dark boy leaned up against the schools wall and gave a small huff. Hopefully this means they can just go home or have an easy day of homework and listening to music.
Connie on the other hand didnt go just because swimming wasnt fun. Being blind and water was not a mixture that was desired. She liked to live for a while yet and not have a day filled with bitches. So she sat on a bench with Red to wait for further instruction.

Immediately after the bell that would usually start classes, the Vice Principal's voice came over the old, barley understandable PA system, telling all remaining students to head to the library for self study, early leavers would be considered truant and wandering the halls would be considered out of bounds other than the toilets directly across the hall.
About two dozen students ended up in the library, ranging from the poor to one somewhat rich girl who was allergic to chlorine apparently, everyone was mostly ignoring them with their cliques gone.

Mike intended initially to go to his usual spot and read his favourite book... But found it occupied by two students having a hidden make out session... Of all the kids to stay behind why was it the gross couple?...
Not sure what to do at having his usual spot Mike walked around the library in a semi daze.

Emma meanwhile simply went to a table that was unoccupied and claimed it for herself, relying on people's awkwardness to keep them from bothering her.
Of course by some twist of luck she had sat right by the school's supply of Brail books, perhaps influenced by recent memory.
Though once sitting down she was lost in thought about the dream she had... Rheya was hiding herself too in a way... Well either that or she just had a temper.

If course the library. Mason stood from his spot along the schools walls, and headed inside. At least today would be quiet with little to no students in the school. 24 of them to be exact, and it was the usual crowd of the poor girl and people who have allergies. As far as he knew at least. Though being the hermit he was, Mason headed for the back of the library. Back where a lot of the towns history and older books where stores, and it had a singular table there with two chairs and side table by the window. Dropping his bag by the side table, he sat in one of the more antique chairs. Putting his legs over the side of the chair and took out his book to start reading as usual. Though it was a different book on fighting styles of mythical creatures known as werewolves or lycans.

The library wasnt exactly the best place for Connie as the librarian disliked that Red was allowed in the school, but she went in regardless. Listening the students speak amongst themselves and she found it was a little hard to navigate. The library wasnt a place she knew well and it was often crowded with chairs or students. So she never really learned the layout and had to resort to using her hand to feel along. Running along the backs of wooden chairs with Red at her side now instead of in front of her, as he had no indication of a direction to go. Eventually her hand touched rubber of a handle then metal, still a chair and it took a momemt before Connie realized what it was; a wheelchair. So one person came to mind, "Emma? Sorry I didnt mean to bump into you,"

No one else was back where the old books were, few bothered with them unless for a project, and even then they'd usually look for an audio book or video instead of reading, honestly there was no appreciation for a good book anymore.
Mason would likely have been left alone the whole day back there if not for Mike spotting him enter and following on autopilot, eager for something familiar, of course being the awkward kid that he is, Mike didn't approach at first, instead watching for a minute behind a bookshelf... Before getting embarrassed and walking right over.
"Uhh... Hey... Do you mind if I sit here?... My usual spot's been taken..."
He asked, idly playing with his phone strap.

Despite the fact that it was probably pretty easy to do, no one messed with Connie, it was amazing how well behaved people were without the gangs to back them up, though there was also a fear that they might set off the notoriously short tempered librarian, few knew they might prefer to go after Connie for the presence of Red.

Much to her personal embarrassment Emma was too deeply occupied by the ratty manga she had grabbed from the 'graphic novel' shelf that so few dared approach for anything other than ruining books to notice the blind girl's approach, though at least part of it was due to the higher than usual amount of background noise.
"Oh! Umm, hey Connie, I didn't notice you were there... You don't need to apologize though, you didn't do anything... Though why don't you sit with me? Gotta be better than trying to find your way around all these other people".

The dark boy hadnt really been paying attention, and his paranoia always made it feel like he was being watched. So he just remained curled up on the antique chair with his romance novella, when Mike approached him.
Masons' electric blue hues moved from the book to the nervous boy, "You don't have to ask, you know, I dont mind your company," he responded with a small shrug and turned back to his gay boys. That was a rare statement from Mason as he was someone who hated people. Even his brother bothered the ever loving fuck out of him. So for him to like person was likely a sickness warning or maybe Mason genuinely liked someone.

Connie gave a small chuckle and felt for a chair beside her, then sat down with Red laying under the chair, "It most certainly does help a bit," She responded and tucked her hair behind an ear, "What are you reading? Well if youre reading that is," It was a meek question at her mistake of literally not know anything that happened around her.

Ooc: sorry for short posts ;3; on mobile for a while

"Oh! Umm... Thanks..."
Mike was genuinely surprised, other than his parents it seemed no one usually wanted to spend any time with him, well, unless you counted bullying, a lot of people like having him around for that.
Grabbing his usual book of fairy tales Mike plonked down next to Mason to begin reading, though after a few minutes turned to glance at Mason and blushed, he knew that book! Had read it before! At least... Mike was pretty sure he did... Still though you could never be sure and he wanted to know...
"Umm... So what are you reading?"
He questioned, putting down his own book for a moment.

"Oh! I'm reading Citrus... It's an... Uhh, manga..."
She spoke as if expecting to be made fun of, she was after all reading a 'weeb comic' and about lesbians and pseudo incest as well... She was pretty sure only one other kid read manga in the school but even he usually only read Lovely Complex...
"It's really good but kind of like a guilty pleasure, umm... There's no brail but I'm sure I could find an audio book or read it if you ever want..."

(I love Citrus)

So Mason expected the other to talk or something at some point, just not that soon. He looked away from the book when he asked what he was reading, "Its the Captive Prince series, the first one. Its actually quiet good so far despite the bdsm and all that," he replied quiet casually. Mason was never ashamed of what he read as it ranged. One day he could be reading a science fiction book, then the next a young adult fantasy. Lately he has been more into romance and switched between lesbian or homosexual. There where many more books of gay men than lesbian woman that werent horribly centered.

Citrus? The red-headed girl gave a curious look. Shes always wanted to read manga and sometimes watched anime. Or well listened to it and Citrus had been on her list for a while. It sounded interesting even if the concepts were socially obscure. Though she gave a soft chuckle at Emmas offer, "Thats okay, you don't have to read to me. I can just listen to videos on my phone, ive been watching a lot of reddit stories by different people. Humans are strange," Though the offer was nice, "Also, I heard that is a good manga, and Citrus has been on my anime list for a while. Though I dont think it does the anime justice with certain parts missing,"

"Ahh! I umm... Actually read that myself before... I actually tried to read it in class but the teacher took it and didn't return it... I think I saw her reading it though..."
Mike seemed quite upset, he loved books and loved his own collection of books he carted around, he was just glad he hadn't been reading something like Being Emily at the time.
"Uhh... So umm, I guess you're okay with gay people and stuff?"
Mike questioned, it would be nice to have a friend who wasn't a total bigot, though he himself wasn't entirely sure Mason was a friend rather than just tolerating Mike, though he had to admit, either one was fine...

"Oh! You've umm... Heard of it... I uhh, just like the story..."
She attempted to hide her real interest in it, and decided against mentioning her massive yuri collection, and fan fiction account...
"Aww... I thought reading to you might be fun".
She admitted, before nodding in agreement.
"It makes sense though... Anime has less time to work with".

Mason gave a small smirk to himself and gave a small shrug, "I mean, gay people aren't bad? Like I know some gay people who are total fucking dicks, but straight people can also be huge fucking dicks. Guess to me theyre like the rest of the population? I judge based on if they beat the shit out of me, or other people, or not," They way he spoke seemed to be a bit of a struggle. Instead of a clear, blunt explanation, Mason had a shaky, unsure answer. Trying to explain his thoughts without sounding like a horrible person? It would've been better to explain that he had no problem, but of course never took the easy fucking route. Mason gave a small growl to himself and shook his head before grumbling in annoyance at himself, "I don't have a problem,"

The red-head chuckled in amusement, "It does have a good story, the step-sister seems so cool," She agreed with Emma. Connie liked it for the characters really and the internal conflict of the main girl, her name escaped her, "It would be, but I get weird when read to. I don't know, it was a thing I use to do with my dad when I was homeschooled? Guess i just pair it with him?" Connie gave a small shrug at Emma, "Also I dont think they animate sex scenes unless its a hentai, which I don't think it is,"

Well... That was a better answer than most gave at least... Mike hoped his sigh of relief wasn't too obvious, and tried not to get his hopes up, after all, being okay with gay people didn't mean he would be okay with Mike... Though there was never any chance he would beat up Mason even if he wanted to!
"T..that's cool... Umm, I don't either, there's nothing wrong with it in my mind".
Mike stated, before suddenly picking up his book and practically hiding behind it, face a nice bright red.

"Oh... Umm... I get that, my mom used to read to me before..."
She went quiet for a moment before forcing a smile onto her face more for her own benefit than anything else.
"Yeah... It's a shame... Uhh, I mean they should really show the whole story and sex is part of it, it shows the emotions and body language better than anything else.
Huh, she actually believed her own explanation...

Mason glanced at Mike and just gave this slight smile at the other, "Good, we're on the same page," He struggled with talking about the LGBT community due to his own internalized homophobia. He had been questioning himself since middle school about who he liked. Knowing he liked females to an extent, and then started liking guys as well in 8th grade. Though of course the bullies beat that right the fuck out of him and he just resulted in not liking anyone. So, here we are. "So, why didn't you go on the trip to the water park Mike?" Changing the subject to avoid anymore awkwardness or a forced acceptance of who he was.

The young woman gave a small nod in agreement and smiled slightly before growing quiet. Not sure what else to speak about, and part of her wanted to launch into their dreams. Wanting to know what Emma planned for Rheya and wanting to share her own thoughts about Agni. As she wanted to read more about magic and what not to learn more spells. Create and mold new spells together. Though that didn't seem like a good idea, so instead she pulled out her phone. It spoke like a siri to her with every stroke of the keys, and then she put in headphones to avoid bothering others.

Mason wasn't alone in his struggles... Mike's own issues were deep and distressing, he'd already come to terms with it of course, and his parents were totally supportive, but he'd quickly been taught to hide himself or face worse beatings than usual, though he hadn't actually been beaten the last couple of days... Which rather than being a relief, just caused him to worry about what the bullies might be planning, especially since he fought back! That drove them mad.
Mike froze at that question before answering.
"I umm... Don't like changing in front of people... Or taking my shirt off... But the rules say I have to so... I didn't go".
This subject seemed to bring out a whole new level of awkwardness in Mike, who wondered why he didn't just make up an excuse instead...

In Truth, Emma was desperate to talk about the dreams as well, something big was clearly happening! Not to mention she'd heard the princess talk about dreams similar to the school they were in... And wondered if the dreams went both ways, and what that would mean.
Of course she was then blocked out by a pair of earphones and decided to stay quiet... They could just talk when the canteen opened and most people went to get food... Emma herself had a packed lunch, school lunches were just too expensive...

"Oh thats valid, I think a lot of kids did that too," Mason responded with a small shrug. Being uncomfortable with ones' body wasn't abnormal and hell he had changed in the bathroom in middle school for three years. Though he didn't offer his own reason of not going. How was to just tell someone that he didn't have any parents? That his mother was gone 90% of the time to do drugs and ignore the fact she had kids in a car. Alone. They weren't even allowed in her house anymore, and he didn't want to be thrown in the foster system. Nor his younger brother. Neither deserved it and if people knew then it would go downhill so fast. So, best to continue reading and grow quiet.

Connie was unaware that Emma was about to speak, and was listening to a few youtube videos. She hadn't brought a lunch with her today due to rushing to school today. Though she didn't mind as she wasn't very hungry anyway and was just hoping to go home soon. Though she took out her headphones when Red touched her leg, telling her that people where moving to probably go grab lunch, "Is it lunchtime?"

"Oh! Well that's good... Guess I'm not the odd one out for once!"
Was that a... Smile? How worried had he been that hearing that made him smile? Mike at least was able to change in the bathroom, so there wasn't too much awkwardness, even in dancing when he was made to dance with boys wasn't actually that bad if he ignored the jeers.
Mike of course wasn't going to just stop talking once he got going and was pretty terrible at reading people, so he plowed on.
"What about you? Why are you here?"
He didn't add that having Mason there might have made Him go... Purely for friendship sake and definitely not because Mason would be topless and wet.
When the bell for lunch went Mike wouldn't leave... He had food money... But also had a... Complicated relationship with food.

Emma was already taking her lunch out to eat, it was bento style since the one time she'd had it in Japan she refused to eat 'normal' lunches, the many little snacks were clearly store bought in bulk though, no lunches made with love here!
"Oh, yeah, canteen's open but only has one person working there..."
Emma answered before taking the time to eat a bit of sausage with a plastic fork... Her chopstick skills left Much to be desired.
"Though umm... Now that most people are gone... I wanted to talk about last night..."

Mason froze rigidly and didnt answer at first as he put his bookmark in, closing the book, "I couldnt afford it," His answer was short, crisp and didnt allow for further questioning. Thankful for the bell ringing for lunch in time, but he didnt move. Mason wanted to leave just to avoid exposing his home life, but he had no money. Never did and never ate at school because of it. They use to have free and reduced lunch, but they got rid of it a few years back. Thankful that they kept it in the middle and elementary schools though so his brother would get more than noodles. The black haired boy ran a hand through his hair and gave a small annoyed sigh, finding slight trust in Mike to be able to say, "Michelle doesnt even give the time of day," Mason never called his mom, mom, and only referred to her as Michelle or a sarcastic 'mother'. Then he stood up and left his bag, as he wasnt worried of ot being destroyed. With no bullies it was much safer by far here, "Come on, you need to eat," It wasnt a question, it sounded more authoritative than a comand.

Having put her phone to the side, she gave a small nod in acknowledgement to Emma. Only one person huh? Though she didnt have a chance to give meaningless conversation when Emma brought up last night. Nervousness ran through her body like a cold chill, and she gave a small nod, "Yes I wanted to talk to you about that as well. There is much to prepare for with just us three fighting, and I wanted to do more research on Wicca spells for the potions,"