Dragons' World

Status
Not open for further replies.
( Sorry guys, I didn't get any alerts....)

The red dragon let loose a mighty roar, a few hours after picking up the hatchlings. An answering roar met his own and the gang of dragons began to loose altitude. "Another fine catch, eh, Naref?" A green dragon called out, pulling up next to his leader, "You're gonna have the biggest hoard in all of the western lands!" Zaref let loose a fountain of flames from his jaws. "Of course I am!" He boasted, "No dragon alive won't fear Zaref the slaver!" His followers roaring their approval, all of them breathing flames, water, and ice into the sky.

Jae glared back at the leader, starting to tremble again. They're spitting fire and water..how are we gonna escape?!?? She thought to herself, glancing at her trapped friends. She let out a small whimper, but it ended in a low growl.

"Sl-slaver?" Taxxy stumbled, swinging his tail back and forth.

Jae whimpered again. "Taxxyyy...I'm scared..." she said, her voice barely carrying on the wind.

The dragons had long since left the mountains behind, their destination somewhere amongst the endless badlands that stretched out before them. As they aproached the camp, the sun began it's descent out of the sky. Sentries bellowed out roars and recieved answering ones from Zaref's party. The camp was small compared to his main camp, but it would do. It sprawled across the dried, cracked ground and was occupied by four other lackeys of his. They had been searching for a good long while to find more items for his next auction and Zaref was pleased with the sharp increase of inventory. These new hatchlings, plus the one he already had, would be plenty enough to satisfy the murderous Bleach Bone tribe. They were his best customers.

Jae whimpered again. "Let me go..I want Sien and Taxxy and Iceheart.." she was shivering again from fear, her thoughts of escaping vanished, and so did her courage.

As Iceheart awoke she saw the endless expanse before her. With no mountains present she became antsy and received an answering squeeze from the dragon holding her. With a yelp she laid still, until she heard the word 'slave'. "What? Slaves! We can't be slaves we're only hatchlings!" Her struggles started up once more and no amount of squeezing was stopping her. Seeing Jaes panic Iceheart steeled herself. "Jae don't worry we won't be separated I promise! I would never let that happen and neither would Sien!" There was courage in Icehearts voice that she didn't feel at the moment, especially after seeing all of the other attributes that the older dragons possessed. Those were supposed to be rare!

Jae looked over at Iceheart and whimpered, pulling herself as small as she could. She looked around at the big dragons feeling empty and scared, fearful and worried. We're going to all go away..they'll hurt us.. she thought to herself. Iceheart's words helped her a little, she had stopped shaking, but she did not think they would grow up.

Taxxy noticed everyone's fear and decided it was enough. It got all his courage to roar the loudest he could, distracting the older dragons. He ripped apart the bag he was in and climbed onto the head of the dragon who was holding him. "LET. US. GO!" Taxxy yelled, clawing at the dragon's eyes. However, the dragon simply swiped a claw onto Taxxy, marking a massive cut on his cheek. He stumbled off the dragon's back, falling into the abyss. The dragon caught him, unzipped Jae's bag, plopped him in, zipped it up, and left Taxxy with that massive scar.

Jae heard Taxxy and moved a little, listening. When her bag was opened, she scrambled to the other side, thinking they wanted to take her out, but instead, Taxxy came in. "T-taxxy!" She moved over towards him and frowned. "B-bleeding?"

Taxxy was passed out in the bag, blood dripping from his cheek. The pain was too much for him; his brain needed to work things out.

Jae licked the blood from his cheek, trying to clean the wound. She stopped after it seemed clean to her and she laid down. "Hmph.." she said sadly, staring into the darkness of the bag.

The rogue dragons dumped the hatchlings into a cage of bones, circling the camp in an uproar. Zaref dropped the black hatchling unceremoniously into the big cage, immediately taking off towards the center of the camp to be showered with praises of his genius. Sien coughed at the dusty ground, the parched land unfamilar to her. Subdued, she quietly ripped the bags open using her teeth and claws. It was hard to tell what she was thinking.

Taxxy landed with a loud oopmh. His eyes soon opened and looked around. "Are . . . we home?" He coughed. "Probably. I . . . think I beat he living out of . . . an adult dragon." He coughed once again.

Jae rolled out of the bag and stared upwards before she rolled onto her feet and stumbled over to Taxxy. She shook her head as he asked about home and she laid down beside him, burying her snout in her little paws, closing her eyes so she could think of anything other than the fact they were captured. She was curled into a small, tight ball as if she could just disappear, but she made no noise other than her rhythmic breathing.

As they were thrown to the ground Iceheart let out a yelp. The ground was so dusty that it filled her lungs causing a coughing fit. "Wh-where are we?!" She cried as she tried to clear her lungs. The sun was beating down on her cold scales and immediately minute cracks began. "This air hurts my throat!" Tears were in Icehearts eyes from coughing. Covering her snout she growled.

Jae rolled over and stood up, padding slowly over to Iceheart and nuzzling her. She thought maybe this would help soothe her, since Jae was a water dragon, she was usually cold-ish. She whimpered a little.

"Somewhere over the mountains," Sien said quietly, "Far away from home." She blamed herself for this mess. These adults dragons weren't playing around. They weren't like the weak, petty bad guys in Elder's stories. They seemed like they enjoyed hurting them.

Jae whimpered slightly. "S-Seyn..I want to go home..Where is Elder T-Tahoa?" she asked quietly. She felt insecure and open..dead almost, figuring they wouldn't be alive too much longer.

"Pr-probably looking for us." A cough. "But we d-don't need his help."

Status
Not open for further replies.