Dragons' World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jae looked over at Taxxy. "H-how will we get out?" She said timidly, looking for some weak spot in the cage.

"He wouldn't even know where to look for us," Sien said, her black scales warming in the hot place, "We should've stayed home like he told us to." Her usual outgoing, happy self was replaced by a darker, colder one.

Jae bowed her head a little. "Big dragons are mean." She said mostly to herself, putting her paws on her snout and closing her eyes. She didn't like how no one knew how to escape. After a moment or two she stood up, pacing nervously but purposely around the cage. "Maybe we can find a way out.." She said ever so quietly.

Standing, Iceheart moved to examine the cage. "Hey, if we all pushed against this one bone it would probably break, it's already pretty broken up." The bone in question looked like it had been gnawed on for a long time. Teeth marks gouged it surface and it had begun to rot. "What do you think guys? Wanna help me?"

Jae stumbled over and examind it. "Yeah.. You're right, I think so. I-I'll help." She said quietly, still looking at the bone. She prodded it a few times and nodded, as if confirming it in her mind.

"And what are you going to do after that," Sien growled acidly, "Did you forget the one hundred or so dragons flying above us, or maybe the fact that we have no idea what to do even if we did get free? We can't hunt, fly, and we don't even know which part of the Iceback mountains we live in!"

Jae stopped and thought for a moment before laying back down, covering her snout again, thinking. "I-I don't know." She replied in a muffled voice. "I j-just want out.."

Taxxy thought for a second. "I'll distract them. When you find a way out, roar as loud as you can. We can survive on our own. I'm sure of it. But right now ,we need to break this bone."

"You can't keep all of their attention on you, Taxxy, you're too small!" Sien snapped, "We'll only end up hurt for trying to escape! What they kill one of us to keep the rest in line!?" Sien was angry, but she was just scared. Scared of seeing her firends get hurt. She shook her head vigirously. "And what about Jae?" She growled, "She's scared, Taxxy. Her wings haven't even grown out like ours! What if she gets hurt!?"

Jae paused. "What if they hurt you when they see we've escaped?" She asked, ignoring Sien's comment. Yes, she was scared, yes, her wings hadn't grown, but she didn't care about that, she just wanted them to all stay together.

"You're right Sien. I'm sorry I was just trying to get us out of here as quickly as possible, but maybe we should all come up with a plan. Fighting and arguing will only make things worse." Iceheart said as she took a seat. The cracks in her scales from the heat were beginning to ache and no manner of comfort was helping her right now.

Sien sighed deeply, looking back at the parading dragons. Another spike of fear stabbed her heart, but she pushed it aside furiously. "You're right," She said, a fire lighting in her eyes again, "We'll have to be careful. though. If we escape and they catch us again, it won't end well."

Jae nodded. "Right." She said, pawing the ground slightly. She glanced at Iceheart. "Are you okay?" She asked, sitting close to her. Surprisingly, Jae was still cool. Being a water dragon, her scales kept themselves cool.

Typhoon had been traveling for hours upon hours since he last ate. It was surely digested by now, if not beginning to. By then the world was under the blanket of the dark and starry night, guided by only the stars to the open world. The ground quake beneath his feet as he approached the mountains in search of more prey, or at least more land to occupy for the time being. His kind were the types to admire caves, dark and damp areas easy for them to store themselves in. However, something drew this living legend towards the high and snowy mountains. A sound known only by his kind--the cry of infants. In his age, this was a declaration war.

Status
Not open for further replies.