Dragon Ball: Super Survivors! (OOC & Sign-ups)

Do we want a discord to collaborate on posts and hang out, or will we stick to OOC threads and PMs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am leaning towards female for the Majin. Actually, now that I think about it, how much would you hate me if I wanted to make the Namekian feminine?

Last edited:
I am leaning towards female for the Majin. Actually, now that I think about it, how much would you hate me if I wanted to make the Namekian feminine?
I wouldn't hate you at all, you can do what you like! Though, I think Namekians are genderless and pretty much all look male, right? If you wanted a reference image it'd probably be easier to find ones online for majins if you wanted a female. Entirely up to you, though!

Lol Yeah, canonically they appear to all be masculine presenting but have no legitimate gender. But I happened upon some great art and thought it may be cool. I figured it would bend the canon rules a but much, but hey, can't hurt to ask.

Okie dokie, let me go ahead and get these two written up and we can decide. Lol

I'm considering a Frieza Clansman for now.

Lol Yeah, canonically they appear to all be masculine presenting but have no legitimate gender. But I happened upon some great art and thought it may be cool. I figured it would bend the canon rules a but much, but hey, can't hurt to ask.

Okie dokie, let me go ahead and get these two written up and we can decide. Lol
They're genderless according to canon, so that's all the license I need to say it's cool to have a female, or female presenting namekian. I mean, we've never seen a canon female majin either, but that hasn't stopped them from popping up in games. Female freeza race too. You can do what you like!

If you so chose, you could even use both characters! I haven't written anywhere that players are limited to one character.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Xenotrix Metamorph
I'm considering a Frieza Clansman for now.
We're missing Frieza race representation, so I'd be more than happy with you filling the gap!

Name: Mandolin

Race: Namekian (Dragon clan)

Appearance:

5c6d5ffd63ffc761e8a965366b986f68.jpg
tinywow_remove_bg_1568671.png
History:

Mandolin is unsure of her origins, with her earliest memories being in what she would consider early childhood, already living in what she identifies as her home village. From her elders, she was told of her discovery in the wilderness. Travelers picked her up as a tiny child, not concerned with her differences. It became obvious very early on that she was in fact very different from her peers. She had green skin with a slightly different musculature, antennae, didn't eat food, and survived entirely on water. Even with these differences, she grew close to the poor residents of her village, and came to care for them.

As she grew older, the problems plaguing her village and her people became far more obvious. They were not only living in extreme poverty, but they frequently suffered from famine and drought. The wealthy members of the city nearby were only worsening the situation, and crime was becoming a constant problem through desperation. One of her closest friends was a young man that she grew up with. He had a strong sense of right and a desire to help his people. She admired this, and trained alongside him in hopes of being able to help him. Mandolin's friend always proved to be steps ahead of her. While her focus and natural affinity for controlling her body's energy were great, her physicality never seemed to match his.

One day, her friend announced he was leaving the village to enter a worldwide competition in hopes of winning the prize money so he could provide food for his people. Mandolin, of course, wanted to not only support him, but to put her effort in as well. Unfortunately for her, she lost in the preliminary rounds to a tricky opponent who seemed to outclass her in every regard, obviously drawing on his long life of experience. Her friend made it far into the competition, but was beaten by a surprisingly powerful boy. Fortunately for the both of them, however, the boy was generous, and with his help, they, or more accurately, her friend, was able to provide the relief their village needed.

In a twist of fate, Mandolin wouldn't make it back to their village, having gone missing in mysterious circumstances during the journey back.

Techniques:

Ki Control
Ki Sensing
Flight
Regeneration - Unaware
Telepathy
Telekinesis
Creation Beam
Healing Technique
Four Witches Technique
Explosive Wave
Explosive Breath Cannon
Mystic Attack - Unaware
Gigantification - Unaware

Last edited:
@The Dapper Mog sorry for the delay, your character is approved! I'll add it to the list of approved characters shortly!

• Thank You
Hey, Flame. Is there anything I can do help you out?
Currently driving 18 hours across the states (I'm on a pitstop) so I can't give you a definitive answer to that right now. I will be able to tomorrow! For now I'm just waiting on more players to post approvable characters!

I'm still currently waiting to approve 2 more characters to really get the ball rolling, @dark do you still need help with the history, buddy? Just tell me what we need so we can get your sheet finished up and have you approved.

To those of you who have voiced interest, you're still welcome to join even after we start, if it's taking you time to come up with a character. ^^

I'm just glad that I didn't take TOO MANY liberties with that character's backstory. Lol

Also, still pondering a majin, but for now, I'll leave it at thiis. I hope those people get their edits or posts up soon. :)

Likewise, I'm very much excited to get this ball rolling!

Thanks for answering my questions. I have a lot to do, and I'm going to be having words with my ISP soon over the frequent outages. I'm backing out. Have fun, you all!

Let's see where this goes.

Name: Beignet and Kachuu

Age: Beignet appears to be Thirty-something; Kachuu doesn't really appear at all so far

Race: Human Host to a minor sealed Majin

Appearance: I'll be back with an edited image and some description.

History:
A mysterious strong-willed young woman who likes toying with opponents and her bickering bodyless companion. Her power is mostly her own, though Kachuu grants her access to some magical abilities. She can allow him to take over her body, but she generally feels no desire to. She hates when people try to destroy the Earth because that's where she keeps her stuff and takes all her vacations. She hates when other people try to take over the world because it usually infringes horribly on her plans.

Can and does fight like your typical Z-Warrior but also likes to wield a whip from time to time, channeling her ki to animate it with sufficient strength and speed to be useful.

Techniques: (

Flight
Afterimage Technique
Ki_Blast
Ki Sense
Multi-Form Technique
Regeneration - Kachuu can boost her healing ability great cost to her stamina
Magic Materialization - Beignet can ask Kachuu to create and repair clothing and small simple items.
Telekinesis
Tactile Telepathy-Beignet can send and recieve thoughts between herself and allies through physical contact as a time-saving measure to get caught up on missed events and preventing enemies from overhearing discussion of plans.
Transfiguration Beam - A weakened version. Beignet and Kachuu can agree to transform enemies into food in order to recover energy. Unfortunately due to how long it takes them to ready the technique and inability to transform enemies of similar strength, this is strictly a finishing move used on exhausted opponents.
Explosive Wave
Other: Beignet can allow Kachuu to take over her. When this happens her skin takes on a purplish hue and her sclera darken. When Kachuu is in control, her regeneration is boosted and her body becomes more elastic. This rarely happens as she finds the process both physically exhausting and humiliating.

Edit: Decided to add Transfiguration Beam back with some conditions.

Last edited:
A shame you've got to go, but I wish you well! Good luck to you!

No, no. Peep the edits. I decided to stick it out and see how far I get. Character approved?

No, no. Peep the edits. I decided to stick it out and see how far I get. Character approved?
Oh, apologies for that, yeah, approved then! You can upgrade the telepathy if you wish, too, hell, Goku somehow speaks to krillin telepathically to tell him not to kill Vegeta in the saiyan saga, so physical touch is definitely not necessary to speak to someone, though, touching would be for things like reading minds or what have you ^^