Dragon Ball: Super Survivors! (OOC & Sign-ups)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Do we want a discord to collaborate on posts and hang out, or will we stick to OOC threads and PMs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flame

Chilly birb
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
Online Availability
Anytime after 5pm, my time, most days.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Futanari
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Medieval, Fantasy, Mechs, Magical Girls, Romance, Action, Fandoms, basically anything fantastic.
ljkunx0gobv31.jpg

(The IC for this RP can be found here!)

You've seen it before! A Dragon Ball story set in an altered timeline! To those of you who are Dragon Ball fans, welcome! And to those that aren't so familiar... that's OK too! You won't need to know the long story of Dragon Ball from beginning to end. Basically, this RP takes place... sort of at the start of the Dragon Ball Z series, beginning with some major alterations to the first arc that set the tone for the rest of our story.

However, before addressing the timeline changes, our characters will have to escape and survive a facility whose secrets would have never been uncovered were it not for the alterations to the timeline. Our characters are the result of experimentations and research into creating the world's most powerful warrior, but for what purpose?

As for the timeline changes, During the fight between Piccolo, Goku, and Raditz, Raditz managed to break away just in time, resulting in the only one getting killed by Piccolo's Special Beam Canon being our hero, Goku. With his energy mostly depleted, and Goku gone, Piccolo barely managed to land a mortal blow on the weakened Raditz before perishing himself, taking Kami, and the Dragon Balls with him. The fierce fight between Piccolo and Raditz destroyed the emergency power source and exposed the lab that our story starts place in, releasing our characters (and some monsters and other NPCs) from stasis deep underground.

Our story starts in the time between Raditz's defeat and the arrival of Nappa and Vegeta (They'll still come despite the disappearance of the dragon balls) The arc will be called the "Super Survivors" arc and the escaped experimental warriors will face off against other escaped experiments in a struggle to protect the earth! From then, we'll go forward following an altered timeline of the DBZ story lead by our group's input! Faces both old and new will rise to challenge and support our super survivors!

Rules!
  1. No god modding, powerplaying, etc. I know it's a Dragon Ball RP and having powerful characters is par for the course, but no one character will be so powerful that they'll outshine the others. Players are expected to share the stage with each other in this RP!
  2. When it comes to posting expectations, I expect all players to post at least a paragraph per post, and at least once a week! Failure to do so may result in you being removed from the RP. We will post in cycles, where active players have a week from whatever my last plot progressing post was to make a post themselves. If they do not, I'll post at the end of the week regardless and your character will be moved to the inactive list.
  3. Be kind to one another! We're all here to have fun! I want everybody to feel cool and enjoy writing! I don't mind if people aren't all that familiar with DBZ's rather long and confusing story, because we'll probably be taking liberties with it anyway.
  4. Power must be earned! I'm sure some of you may want to make a saiyan character! That's absolutely fine, even if everybody does, that's A-OK, but power will be earned! It'll be trained for, worked for through emotional buildup in the story, etc. We're going to take things slow, and scale up with the enemies in the story naturally. This rule sort of goes hand-in-hand with rule 1.

Character Guidelines/Template
  1. The Scientist who created our characters had, for whatever reason, access to plenty of material from which to create their experiments. Thus these races are allowed for player use: Human, Saiyan, Android, Namekian, Majin, Frieza races. Don't worry about a Human character not being as powerful as those other races in canon, these experiments were created to be the worlds' strongest warriors, after all! A human wouldn't have been considered if it weren't possible for them to be as powerful as any other race! We'll be sure to give each playable race it's due diligence.​
  2. Being that our characters are experiments, and have been in stasis for some indeterminate period of time, their histories are muddied... humans and androids might remember normal human life, a saiyan character might even remember their home world somehow, but it's hard to know if those memories are even true, or if they were created from scratch in a lab. How that affects your character is up to you!​
  3. Feel free to copy whatever techniques you like from canon for your character... even if they were never traditionally taught something like the Kamehameha, the experimentation may have ingrained knowledge of such techniques innately. That doesn't mean you can't come up with your own techniques and name them either!​
Here's the basic template for your character, you can spice it up however you please!

Name:
Appearance: (feel free to give a written description if you can't find a fitting image!)
History: (you can be as vague as you like, and can even consult me if you wish! Just use this as a way to give me a little sample of your writing style, by telling me about your character!)
Techniques: (Power-Up type techniques are limited at first. No saiyan characters will have access to "Super Saiyan" for example, and no Frieza races will have advanced forms, etc. Basic stuff like "Kaioken (x2)" or the Saiyan Race's innate "Great Ape" form are available, but controlling "Great Ape" may be an impossibility, and a gamble that just puts your allies at risk.)
Other:

Last edited:
Player Characters
Android Emmett by @Flame
Android/Majin Suisei by @ThePotatoGod
Android Yumi by @ThePotatoGod
Frieza Race Coldess by @ThePotatoGod
Namekian Mandolin by @The Dapper Mog
Core Person Chika by @The Dapper Mog
Saiyan Parse by @The Dapper Mog
Saiyan Morathol by @88 Fingers Edward
Majin Zoey by @88 Fingers Edward
Human Moira by @88 Fingers Edward
Human Adalind by @Glass

Inactive Characters
Human/Majin Beignet/Kachuu by @CoffeeCake
Saiyan Kanniu by @Andy
Saiyan Bruss by @Custodiet Teh
Saiyan Marrik by @The Baron
Android Sallot by @Enigmatic_Entity

NPC Characters

Android Sybl
Human Amethyst
Saiyan Matoh
Human Sasha
Hybrid ZERO
Namekian Sangen
Saiyan/Android Exe

Last edited:
Reactions: Custodiet Teh
super interested in this and super excited! Can't wait to get my Saiyan character built and to get this started!

super interested in this and super excited! Can't wait to get my Saiyan character built and to get this started!
Looking forward to seeing what you post!

• Thank You
Reactions: Andy
Can I be a Broly like char?

Can I be a Broly like char?
Sure, everybody could! Just keep in mind that access to super saiyan and similar forms won't be available for a while. I also intend for player's power levels to stay within a similar range for the most part so that nobody feels left behind. Of course, eventually someone will get super saiyan, and that power multiplication will of course make them stronger than the others for a while, but everybody will catch up.

I assume you mean you'd want to use a sort of "legendary super saiyan form" that's like broly and kale, right? You could surely get that after a while, and it could get more powerful over time, scaling with others' more advanced forms!

Before super saiyan you could achieve "wrath" form too, which is what DBS broly did in the movie, sort of having that great ape power in normal saiyan form.

Neat!

Just to let you know though - the Great Ape form can be controlled. Most Saiyans that have proven themselves, already have. Vegeta for example when he first fought Goku, was in complete control of his Ape form. Golden Apes are much harder to learn to harness, but they tap into the primal instincts of what a Saiyan is!

Neat!

Just to let you know though - the Great Ape form can be controlled. Most Saiyans that have proven themselves, already have. Vegeta for example when he first fought Goku, was in complete control of his Ape form. Golden Apes are much harder to learn to harness, but they tap into the primal instincts of what a Saiyan is!
Of course, I knew that! I'm pretty knowledgable about the series and some spin-off stuff. Goku only couldn't control it because he never trained to, Vegeta trained to control Great Ape for when he fought to control planets, like many saiyans did! I'm just saying OUR saiyans wouldn't be able to control it at first. They could train to, of course, but at first that power wouldn't be accessible. Namely because after the first arc, we'll still be facing Vegeta and Nappa, and with multiple players to boot. Wouldn't want to throw the balancing out of whack with our saiyan characters being fully capable of using and controlling that form (or advanced forms)

I still want the threats that we'll face over time to scale properly and still be a threat.

N/A

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing what you post!
Question would you be alright if my character was meant to be like a clone of Goku? Like he won't be exactly the same as Goku but just that as his history that's more or less his backstory. Kind of like Superboy is to Superman

@Andy
Sure! They could even have some fragmented memories of Goku's experiences. The clone would probably be from a time significantly before Goku fought Raditz, given our story starts after Raditz's defeat, but I don't see why not!

• Thank You
@Andy Oh, you could also go another route. Could have been a human or saiyan base spliced with Goku's DNA or whatnot, if you wanted to make the character a little different than Goku :>

• Thank You
yo, just some dude passing by and was considering interest. Most of my Dragon Ball Z knowledge comes from the abridged series but that's irrelevant. Am I allowed to mix 2 races?

Like say, making an Android based off of a Majin kinda deal--like Android 21

Name: Emmett
Race: Android
Appearance:
85c28c4f976a6c30d30bdc5e8bcbab02.jpg

"We'll figure this all out somehow, I'm sure..."​
History:
While most test subjects that wake up in the lab have some snippets of memory from their past lives, no matter how hazy, Emmet is without any memory at all. Not a single scrap from before he woke up in the lab. He's fully capable of communicating, learning, and has his own morals and reasons... he even knows things about this world like any person who has lived in it would, but nothing from what you would call "personal" experience. All his knowledge is abstract, basically just data. Whether he was anything at all before he woke up is something he is incapable of knowing. It can be presumed that he might've been a person before his creation, as some androids are built on a human base, but... without access to the data regarding his creation, it'd be impossible to find out. When it comes down to it, history is simply the present for him, and he has more important things to deal with than worrying about who he was.
Techniques:
Flight, Instant Transmission, Energy Absorption (not yet activated), Absorption (he only needs to take small samples), Mimicry, Scanner (A power akin to "Ki sense or a Scouter, mainly used to detect the location and power level of beings, but can also scan for details, and add other functions when copied, such as a dragon radar) Regeneration, Barrier, Explosive Wave, Energy Wave

More techniques to come, once they've been "copied".

Forms:
N/A

Other:
Due to being a bio-android, Emmet has an "Unlimited Energy" reactor, as well as a function to take samples of other beings and scan them when they use abilities to copy their powers (even ones exclusive to a race, such as "super saiyan") However, at the start, Emmet is a sort of blank-slate, with few abilities of his own, and while he does have the "Unlimited Energy" reactor, he will still tire if energy-based attacks are overused.

yo, just some dude passing by and was considering interest. Most of my Dragon Ball Z knowledge comes from the abridged series but that's irrelevant. Am I allowed to mix 2 races?

Like say, making an Android based off of a Majin kinda deal--like Android 21
Absolutely! I mean, I literally just finished a character who is just like that! Though, not a majin, he'd be able to copy majin abilities, and in effect be sorta like android 21. Mine is more like... Cell? But not a freakish bug thing.

If you need any more info about the series or this rp, just lemme know!

d5qnxxt-f1258697-c6a4-43e0-a16c-da6677ba87c3.png

Name: Kanniu
Race: Saiyan
History: Kanniu's memories felt..hazy to put it best. The first thing he could briefly remember was being placed in a pod as a child..then falling asleep..the next thing he could remember was waking up to an old man holding him..Grandpa Gohan..the name rang through his head mulitple times and brought a sense of safety from his heart..a sense of belonging and warmth..but no sooner did that memory fade did another take it's place..and now he could hear a new name ringing through his head..Goku. Over and over again he heard that name..but it wasn't his name..his name was Kanniu..but whenever he heard the name he could see people looking right at him..it didn't make any sense..he was Kanniu..but he was also Goku? Or was he Goku..but also Kanniu? He didn't understand. Every emotion..every memory..they all felt like his own..but they also felt foreign..and he couldn't understand what to make of it. However he knew in his heart that while he may not understand the memories he was seeing..he knew that he had to do everything he could to protect those memories..and to go out into the world and truly make his own real memories to protect.
Techniques: Kamehameha, Solar Flare, Kaioken, Flight, Ki Sense, More to come as his training continues.
Other:

Last edited:

Name: "Suisei" Nagare
Race: Android/Majin Hybrid.
History:
A sword created out of a DNA sample of a Majin who once wandered Earth, created as a scientific test to see if a Majin's physiology would affect metal. In case the blade was to be used as a weapon, they made it so that the blade has a water tank within the blade in order to create daggers of ice that can be flung as a ranged option out of a tiny slit-like opening on the side of the blade itself--which is kept frozen by a thin layer of liquid nitrogen supplied from the blade's guard.

The sword, however, ended up gaining consciousness and started talking to testers despite not implanting an AI system into the sword, forcing the scientists to pretty much research the blade and attempt to replicate its effects using bits and pieces of its metallic body. However, they found that they are unable to break the blade normally like when they were constructing the weapon.

The sword ended up manifesting a physical body of its own, resembling that of a teenaged girl. They only discovered this when one of the researchers found a girl sleeping in the room where the sword was--security records revealing that there was no one entering and leaving the facility at that time. She was given a hospital gown and was promptly interrogated. The girl remembers everything the sword does, including conversations of one researcher who was an avid fan of super heroes. Despite already being designated the name Nagare, this researcher decided to name this physical form Suisei.

The next few years of testing now revolved around how the sword, Nagare, is connected to Suisei. Each test more exhausting than the last. Suisei found herself growing more and more lonelier despite the presence of the researchers who, in her perspective, gave her life.

One weekend, when the researchers are not in the lab, the researcher who named Suisei came to work and took her out to town, giving her a blue trench coat that he knitted for her. For the first time, she met other humans besides the researchers--and excitement washed over her. She ate human food, drank human drinks, and even brought souvenirs from the local festival. The researcher even took her to the 16th World Martial Arts Tournament that was happening in town, there, Suisei learnt about Martial Arts by watching the contestants, including those that seem alien of origin--and she was thrilled by it.

Suisei requested to enter the tournament at one point, wanting to test her skills in combat on another active combatant. The Researcher allowed her to partake in a sparring match with a contestant who was still there, but was asked to leave the sword behind due to it being against tournament rules. She initially fought in her normal form, playing along with the martial artists of the time. However, as the fighting became intense, she accidentally went into Combat Mode, as well as unlocking an Enhanced variant of Combat Mode which gave her arm floating cannons and a lion shaped gauntlet, which dealt the final blow.

After this, Suisei fainted--her physical body disappearing in front of the left behind contestant, and was brought back to the lab. Bearing a rather satisfied smile as she went through another week's worth of testing and training due to her new form. Now looking forward to whenever the kind researcher would take her out to town. Eventually, she manifested another Enhanced Mode during the 17th Martial Arts Tournament while facing off against a flying opponent, however, months after that, the kind Researcher stopped coming, which made her increasingly lonely until she was suddenly put into stasis.

Suisei slept for a long time, dreaming of a life where she is free to roam the world as she pleased.

Techniques:

• As the sword Nagare as well as her physical form, Suisei can perform the following.

Rapid Sword Stream ~ Due to Suisei being a part of the sword Nagare, Suisei is able to pull off a swift sword combo like this with relative ease.
    Sword Blast - When Suisei learnt how to use her Ki, this was one of the first moves she learnt how to use. Sends a wave of concentrated ki energy forward.
    Sword Blast Freeze - A version of Sword Blast where she integrates her weapon's mechanism to freeze water, sending a wave of concentrated ki that freezes whatever it cuts.
    Sword Blast Wet ~ A version of Sword Blast where she turns off Nagare's freezing blade and sends a concentrated ki slash, causing a splash of water upon impact. Great for those who can combo with electricity or ice--usually paired with its Freeze variant.
    Sword Ray ~ channeling ki throughout Nagare's blade, Suisei is able to fire off a piercing beam of ki similar to that of a Special Beam Cannon. Nagare considers this the basis of her special move.
    Frozen Drill Screw ~ Suisei's special move--she fires a Sword Ray using the water inside her blade and freezing it once it pierces the target. She would then lunge towards the enemy, pushing the frozen beam through the pierced hole and following it with a Rapid Sword Stream when close enough.
    Freeze Blade - Due to the nature of Nagare, Suisei is able to freeze anything her blade touches.
    Physical Body Manifestation ~ Her Physical Body is Nagare mustering enough ki to manifest a body, disappearing when the ki is exhausted. While this means Suisei is practically immortal because of this, Suisei will truly die when the emblem on her sword's guard, Nagare, is fully destroyed. If only the blade breaks, she will shriek in pain and be immobilized for a good while due to the sword being her main body. While in physical form, Suisei's body is like melting ice; constantly producing water. If you touch her, you'll find that she's incredibly moist while not visibly sweaty.
    Flight ~ if conscious, Nagare can lift itself off of the ground and move as though someone was wielding it--albeit not as lethal and effective than when someone was using the sword. Suisei cannot learn traditional ki flying due to her physical body being a manifestation of the sword's ki.

• Enhanced Mode is more akin to Kaioken rather than a super form. In this mode, Suisei's Ki consumption is increased. While she is granted immense strength, she cannot use it for long as it would tire her out and temporarily lose her physical body after 5 to 10 posts.

In both of her enhanced modes, Suisei can sense Ki when she normally can't.

Command: Rush - A technique implemented by Suisei that redirects her physical body's ki to temporarily enhance her speed. While she can use this in her normal form, Suisei mostly uses it in her enhanced forms.

Command: Break - A technique implemented by Suisei that redirects her physical body's ki to temporarily enhance her strength. Mostly used in Enhanced Forms.

Each Enhanced Mode is different than the other. One focuses on speed and flight, while the other focuses on brute strength and ki beams.

• Flight ~ due to Enhanced Sky Mode's wings, this is the only one of Suisei's physical forms that is capable of flight.
      Flying Kick ~ she's a flyin' and a kickin'
      Afterimage Technique - Fast enough to leave an afterimage--what about that.
      Bomb Strike ~ Suisei flares up her ki before divebombing towards the ground in the direction of her enemy--preferably if they're on the ground or in her path.
      Aqua Cyclone ~ Suisei takes control of the water in her sword spins them into a miniature tornado which deals freezing cuts as she is the one swinging inside the tornado
      Freezing Bombing Hawk ~ Suisei combines Bomb Strike and her blade's freezing capabilities.
      Wild Sense
      Chain Hook - Nobody knows how this manifested onto Suisei, but she now has an arm mounted weapon that allows her to hook someone from far away. Maximum distance is about a 500 meters. She can will it to have more length, but who needs it if you can fly.
      Rush: Hyakushuken(in a literal sense) ~ a technique that allows Suisei to perform a thrusting variant of Rapid Sword Stream fast enough that it looks like she's stabbing with 100 swords instead of just one. Without her sword, she just punches with one hand really really fast. Can be used whenever Command Rush is active.
      Rush: Frozen Chain ~ a technique where Suisei would use her chain hook and bind the opponent surround them with the chain while zipping around the battle field. After which, she freezes the chain with her sword, freezing whoever touches the chain. Can only be used in Sky Pegasus Enhancement
      Break: Drill Screw Bomber ~ a technique that calls upon Frozen Drill Screw combined with the flared up ki of Bomb Strike. She flies up and fires a Sword Ray--freezes it, and dive bombs towards it with flared ki. Can be used whenever Command Rush is active.

..with more to come.

• Enhanced Mode Leo is a more physical based enhancement more akin to the standard Kaio-Ken. This mode, she sacrifices speed and flight for more devastating strikes, slashes, and even Ki Blasts and beams
      Mountain Splitter ~ simple swings deals strong shockwaves in the air--strong enough to break a large boulder.
      Twin Beam Cannons ~ thanks to the twin shoulder cannons that manifest in this enhanced form, Suisei is capable of dealing beam attacks using them.
      Rush: Hasshu-Ken(in a literal sense) ~ a technique that temporarily boosts Suisei's speed in Leo mode, allowing her to perform Rapid Sword Stream so fast that it looks like she has 8 swords instead of just one. Can be used whenever Command Rush is active.
      Rush: Scatter Shot ~ using her Twin Beam Cannons, Suisei fires off a barrage of ki spheres
      Break: Hydro Pump ~ using her Twin Beam Cannons, Suisei focuses her ki and fires of two streams of Ki beams, which, like her physical body, has water-like properties. Think of it as being shot with a continuous stream of intense boiling hot water. Can only be used in Rumbling Leo Enhancement
      Break: Lion's Roar ~ a technique that arouses airwaves greatly, causing a shockwave whenever she lets out a bellowing roar. Can be used whenever Command Break is active.

Other:
The artist of the face claims is Otokami1117--they're on Twitter so give em' a good ol follow.

Her unlockable forms affect the sword directly and would be more suitable as actual Power-Up forms rather than Kaio-ken style enhancements. These forms would either be based on fire, lightning, ice and eventually, cosmic--what she'll unlock first depends on what happens in the story

Last edited:
Reactions: Flame
  • Thank You
Reactions: ThePotatoGod
@ThePotatoGod

No need to edit your character, since you couldn't have known anyway, and it still fits for the plot of this rp, but the 20th World Martial Arts tournament happens around 5 years before the beginning of dragonball, so the 16th naturally comes even before that. (the 16th probably takes place maybe 20 years before dragonball, given the gaps between tournaments) It stands to reason then, that if Suisei participated in any fashion in the 16th or 17th, she'd be quite old. But given that she's an android/majin, and also that she'd have been put into a stasis pod some indeterminate amount of time before the events of DBZ, those memories of hers could still be accurate.

All that to say, her appearance need not change, but she'd probably be much older than a good chunk of the the people in stasis.

Reactions: ThePotatoGod
Updated the second post to add a character list, with mine and ThePotatoGod's characters. @Onslaught and @Andy I take it your characters are still WIP? Let me know when you finish them so I can approve them!

Oh, and as a general note, if you all know anybody who would be interested in this, let them know! I still want a couple more players for this RP. Maybe 6-10 players total (who aren't me) would be a good number to start with, but we'll continue to accept interested parties even after that, most likely.

And to those of you who may be seeing this post just from browsing or lurking... Don't be afraid to throw your hat in the ring! You don't even need to know all that much in dragon ball, just have an interest in it! As far as this goes, I'm pretty easygoing, and this is intended to be a lot of fun for everybody, so everyone is welcome!