Dragon Ball: Super Survivors! (OOC & Sign-ups)

Do we want a discord to collaborate on posts and hang out, or will we stick to OOC threads and PMs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Flame I'm all done with mine!

Reactions: Flame
  • Thank You
Reactions: Andy
With the right people, I tend to regard Dragonball RPs as low-stress fun.

I have a bunch of character ideas I'm trying to narrow down. Anyone who's actually played with me will tell you I might even settle on something not even on this list.
  • Straight-forward heroic type. Probably former law-enforcement. Likely female. Strong protective sense. Driven. Hard working. Rather standards shounen protagonist main character. Against type for me, sometimes its fun being a simple goody-two shoes.
  • Flamboyant Namekian outcast. I don't know why, but the idea of a sort of anti-Piccolo just popped into my head. He used to live among humans. He tells the average non-combatants that he just has a unique condition. He wears wigs and likes tailored suits but hates how they rarely survive city-destroying battles. Sure, Namekians don't need food, but he's a connoisseur of flavored waters and, when he's feeling particularly devious, sugary drinks. He may snark and whine about it, but he comes through when it's time to fight.
  • Amnesiac scientist. Likely Female. Vaguely remembers working on something akin to Gero's android projects. May actually be tied to everyone's origins or possibly a failed rival who got caught trying to steal secrets. Ended up being partially mindwiped and experimented on. Retains some relevant knowledge and tries to self-upgrade from time to time through lab work rather than training. If she is a former saboteur, involuntarily converted, I think it would make sense for her to not necessarily have the best specs on an artificial body and seek to fix that herself. Enthusiastic, curious, and sometimes oddly detached in battle, treating it kind of like field research. Somewhat skewed priorities. Any resemblance to Android 21 is superficial. This character would be more pro-active, decisive, ambitious, and less sweet.
While I lean towards the first and third being androids of some kind(the first being like 17 or 18 while the third idea would be more like Gero or 19 initially then upgrade to something like 16 and then maybe either go bio-engineered after a while).

Curious if any of these would be too incompatible with the GM's plans to consider. That would help narrow it down.

I'll be back later.

Last edited:
Maybe i might be interested

With the right people, I tend to regard Dragonball RPs as low-stress fun.

I have a bunch of character ideas I'm trying to narrow down. Anyone who's actually played with me will tell you I might even settle on something not even on this list.
  • Straight-forward heroic type. Probably former law-enforcement. Likely female. Strong protective sense. Driven. Hard working. Rather standards shounen protagonist main character. Against type for me, sometimes its fun being a simple goody-two shoes.
  • Flamboyant Namekian outcast. I don't know why, but the idea of a sort of anti-Piccolo just popped into my head. He used to live among humans. He tells the average non-combatants that he just has a unique condition. He wears wigs and likes tailored suits but hates how they rarely survive city-destroying battles. Sure, Namekians don't need food, but he's a connoisseur of flavored waters and, when he's feeling particularly devious, sugary drinks. He may snark and whine about it, but he comes through when it's time to fight.
  • Amnesiac scientist. Likely Female. Vaguely remembers working on something akin to Gero's android projects. May actually be tied to everyone's origins or possibly a failed rival who got caught trying to steal secrets. Ended up being partially mindwiped and experimented on. Retains some relevant knowledge and tries to self-upgrade from time to time through lab work rather than training. If she is a former saboteur, involuntarily converted, I think it would make sense for her to not necessarily have the best specs on an artificial body and seek to fix that herself. Enthusiastic, curious, and sometimes oddly detached in battle, treating it kind of like field research. Somewhat skewed priorities. Any resemblance to Android 21 is superficial. This character would be more pro-active, decisive, ambitious, and less sweet.
While I lean towards the first and third being androids of some kind(the first being like 17 or 18 while the third idea would be more like Gero or 19 initially then upgrade to something like 16 and then maybe either go bio-engineered after a while).

Curious if any of these would be too incompatible with the GM's plans to consider. That would help narrow it down.

I'll be back later.
Nope, as I said, this whole thing is pretty open-ended. The only things I'd say are sort of inflexible about character creation are:

-can't have a character that starts out significantly more powerful than the others.

-can't have a character that knows stuff about the plot or concrete details about the history/identity of the scientist(s) who orchestrated the creation of the experiments. That is sort of a big part of the plot to find out! So in that regard you could have your scientist character, but, they couldn't know anything super important. ^^

-Your character should be coming out of stasis with the rest of the experiments. They can be any of the races listed in the starter post, and they need not have had any android modifications or whatever, but they should have the same start-point as the rest of the characters.

Those are basically the only hard limits. We've got a guy who's a clone of Goku in here, so I mean it when I say, as long as you can follow these guidelines, you can basically make whatever pleases you! This really is just supposed to be a lot of fun for the players. You can interact with the plot however you please as well. If your character isn't invested in the mystery or wants to go against the grain, that's fine too. The main goal of this whole thing is to have fun. ^^

• Useful
Reactions: CoffeeCake

• Name: Choron
    Race: Human
    Appearance: Choron has medium length white hair, silver eyes, and is wearing a straight jacket with belts over it and a mask covering the lower part of his face.
    Choron in the straight jacket:
    1648589501153.png
    Choron scar and tattoo:
    1648587191038.png
    History:
    Choron doesn't have memories, only minimal knowledge and information about the planet, and he also knows what his ability is.
    Technique:
    Shapeshifting- Choron can become anything, as long as it's DNA is mixed with his. Choron will only get the common abilities the creature has, and as he trains, fights, and gets a better understanding of the body and abilities, will the power of the abilities will increase, Choron will also get newer abilities as he gets more better trained with the form.
    Other:
    I do not own any of the images above.
    The second image of Choron is Allen Walker from the anime D.Gray-man

• Form: ZERO
    Race: Android/Frieza/Majin/Saiyan/Namekian/Human
    Appearance:
    1652389990127.png
    Current Techniques:
    Flight, Instant transmission, Ki sense, Scanner, Explosive Wave, Mouth energy Wave, Tail Slicer, Energy Blade, Spirit Ball, Body Manipulation, and Barrier
    Future Techniques:
    Super Explosive Wave, Special Beam Cannon, One handed kamehameha, Instant Kamehameha, Weekend, Vacation Delete, Giant Storm, Paralyze Beam, Death Crasher, Death Wave, Death Ball
    Other:
    A Copy of the first body ZERO was introduced as.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ThePotatoGod
Looks like, at the moment, we have only 3 currently accepted players on board for this thing. @dark and @CoffeeCake , sorry to poke you two, but do you still have interest in participating? I'd like to fill at least 3 more slots before I get started, though ideally we'd have closer to 10 players.

If any of you know anyone who would be interested in this sort of thing, send 'em this way! Even if they know hardly anything about dragon ball, that's A-OK, this whole thing is mainly for fun, so knowing all the story front to back is not necessary. We'll probably end up taking liberties with the story as the arcs come our way.

Oh, and, I've added a couple NPCs to the second post, with surely more to come. Left the histories blank, because part of the fun of interacting with these characters will be learning their histories and whatnot. :>

yo @DanGriin this feel like your cup o' tea?

Hey, Flame. I'm working on a character sheet now. I should be able to finish it today!

Name: Rait
Race: Saiyan
Appearance: black spiky medium hair, on the lighter side of tan skin, reddish/ black armor, black boots and one red arm band.
History: (you can be as vague as you like and can even consult me if you wish! Just use this as a way to give me a little sample of your writing style, by telling me about your character!)
Techniques:
Great Ape: The first "true Super Saiyan form" to Super Saiyan. Increases power X10 fold at the sight of a full moon.
Blutz Waves: Able to create a full moon with ki energy when no moon is available.
Flight
Scouter
Saiyan Spirit
Rage of the Saiyans
Merciless Screech
If I'm going to die, you are coming down with Me!

Other:

I'm done with mine! @Flame

@dark Your history was left blank! If you need info to help writing it, just ask, but, I'd like to see that filled out, not only to know a little more about your character, but to get a glimpse of how you write!

Hey, so...I'm absolutely interested if you are still accepting people. I'm pondering on a Namekian, because they're dope (also you don't have one yet.)

But, even if you aren't accepting anyone else, I want to ask out of curiosity, if someone wants to play a Namekian of the Dragon Clan, the ones that can create dragon balls, would it be possible to eventually gain that ability?

Hey, so...I'm absolutely interested if you are still accepting people. I'm pondering on a Namekian, because they're dope (also you don't have one yet.)

But, even if you aren't accepting anyone else, I want to ask out of curiosity, if someone wants to play a Namekian of the Dragon Clan, the ones that can create dragon balls, would it be possible to eventually gain that ability?
He is still looking for more peeps, actually~!

• Thank You
Reactions: Xenotrix Metamorph

He is still looking for more peeps, actually~!
Wonderful! Thank you much. I'll go ahead and get started then. ^_^

• Spicy
Reactions: ThePotatoGod

I am very much looking for more players, and yes, you could eventually gain the ability, but it'd have to be taught to you. Currently, the earth is without dragonballs due to the death of piccolo and kami, so a trip to Namek would be in order to do something about that, but that will come sometime later! :>

Yeah, I figured it'd be a teachable thing. I do enjoy the idea, and thank you for letting me join! I am also pondering on a Majin, as they are rather interesting, and the potential for completely altering plot events by absorbing people is too hilarious to not consider.

I have a basic backstory and concept in mind for both, do you have a preference of the two? I also saw after the fact that one of your players is considering a Namekian, so having this majin idea in mind is a nice potential fallback or just another equally interesting option.

@The Dapper Mog You can do whatever pleases you! Even if this rp was just an entire cast of saiyans, I wouldn't mind. As I've said before, there are only a few limits I want players to follow to keep things fair for everybody/not wreak havoc on the plot. So, whatever pleases you the most, you're absolutely free to pursue!

Reactions: Xenotrix Metamorph