Dragon Age: The Sixth Blight [OCC]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

How would you like posting to be handled during main quests?

• Posting Order

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • A Courtesy System (i.e. one person posts, waits for three others, and can post again)

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dwarven Crow is probably more than a little weird, but I hope the bio works well enough for it.

Name: Vamaro d'Evaliste (born Vamaro Gavorn)
Sex: Male
Race: Dwarf
Origin: Antiva (Surface Dwarf), (Former) Antivan Crow

Appearance:

O8UQaLr.jpg

Biography:

They say surfacers lose the 'stone sense', their sweet, sensitive embrace with stone that allows them to find their way in the Deep. Born to the merchant surface dwarf Hogun Gavorn, Vamaro would say that he may have never even known this fabled stone sense. Hogun himself would confess that the stone sense had long been lost to him, and all he knew was the scent of gold, the aphrodisiac aroma of materialism.

The young Vamaro, unfortunately, never quite managed to acquire that one. And unfortunately, in Antiva, the gold sense seemingly because lost to Hogun as well. A plutocracy of merchant princes, unfortunately was a bit tricky an environment for an unfamiliar merchant to navigate. Hogun had quality goods, and he had the glib tongue to haggle with, but politics was not a strong suit. He was a Kalna, a surfacer who insisted on being treated with the respect due his former rank, which did not sit well with the other merchants.

So for all the silver his tongue was forged from, and all the delightful sheen of his wares, Hogun would come to know the bitter taste of famished failure. Such failure riled him, which in turn made him all the more abrasive. This would lead to his undoing when Hogun engaged in an underhanded bout of price warfare – setting his owns prices at such a low level that it would essentially force the rest of the market to follow suit. This would immediately elevate him from annoyance to potential disaster. An abrasive dwarf could be handled with the cold shoulder – an abrasive dwarf that was bad for business?

Well, that could be handled by the House of Crows.

Vamaro had been terribly young when Hogun met his end at the blade of a Talon. Still, he recalled how quickly he had ran. To him, his steps were as if thunder and lightning, stocky legs that had found the dexterity of wolves. The assassin admitted that he felt shame at how long it took for him to catch the young dwarf. Vamaro would blithely recall that mixture of shame and wonder as what ultimately decided the next chapter of his life.

As a Talon, the assassin had some degree of influence with the Antivan Crows. Remarkably amused, the assassin decided to take in the 'fastest dwarf in the known world'. Thusly, he thrust Vamaro into the nightmarish process of becoming a Crow. A jest, surely, as the Antivans historically utilized humans and elves. This jest, however, would become something else entirely, as Vamaro carved his way through every obstacle, even his peers.

Vamaro Gavorn became Vamaro d'Evaliste, Crow of Antiva.

Elves were often thought to have an advantage as Crows because of their appeal to humans. Vamaro had his own advantages. As a surface dwarf, humans oft assumed that Vamaro was a travelling merchant or smith – guises that he played to perfection. Perhaps even more importantly, was that Vamaro was impossibly fast for his race. Combined with the more readily expected Dwarven strength, he was formidable.

Still, a Crow had killed his father, and Vamaro simply could not abide by that. As such, he marked his departure from the organization with the hasty slaughter of two partners he had been assigned. This, of course, made him a man marked for death. Death which, now that Vamaro was utterly deprived of purpose, he was only too ready to accept.

Unfortunately, it would elude him for decades.

Thusly, we come to the tragedy of Vamaro d'Evaliste. A dwarf who was never graced by his birthright of the stone-sense, who lost his father, who found his only skills and purpose bestowed unto him by his father's murderers, and who betrayed them in turn. For all his prowess, he was without purpose, without esteem, without identity. An existence utterly without value.

Now far past his prime, Vamaro joins the expedition, hoping to find what he's lacked his entire life, or die trying.

Class and Specialization: Rogue – Tempest

Defining Strength: Whirling Dervish – uncommonly for an old dwarf, Vamaro is blessed with remarkable agility. Factor that alongside his facility with daggers, and doubtlessly suicidal reckless abandon, Vamaro is a force of nature unto himself.

Other Strengths:

Tempest – While dwarves are commonly known to have no aptitude for magic, Vamaro makes full use of the brews associated with the way of the Tempest. Frost or flame, Vamaro is as unpredictable as he is reckless, and a walking mass of collateral damage.

(Ex)Antivan Crow – having spent much of his life as either an assassin or a runaway from assassins, Vamaro can call upon professionally honed subtlety when reckless combat should be avoided. Particularly talented at playing the role of genial wandering merchant.

Greatest Weakness: Past his Prime – For all his training and innate talents, Vamaro's best years are behind him. He is no longer as fast or as strong as he used to be, and his vitality has been sapped twofold. Much of his life has been wasted for essentially no purpose at all, and this reflects on him both physically and mentally.

Other Weaknesses:

Suicidal – Extraordinarily reckless, he often chooses to engage in bouts that his diminished physical qualities can no longer hold up to.

Lone Wolf – Unused to working in groups, Vamaro is unskilled at interpersonal interactions, much less coordinating upon the fields of battle.

Last edited:
Reactions: BearEnthusiast
I won't be able to get a CS up for a couple more days, but it looks like you've already got a good crew. Do you even need anyone else now?

@Creatress

Hmm. Since you were one of the first who showed interest you're free to send me your c.sheet whenever you get the chance to make it, even if a seventh writer joins before then. In that case we'll start the RP but your character will join during a later time in the story (the details on how exactly we can discuss over the PM). ^^

Okay, sounds good. I'll get to work on it then.

"The blight was thirty years ago. The destruction of the Kirkwall chantry nearly twenty years ago. The end of the first mage/templar war just nine years ago. The age of the Dragon has brought on drastic change to the continent already but I fear that those three events were just the beginning..."

First off, there are some new goodies in the OOC post. I know there are a lot of things that are changing and shifting in the RP but the end goal is still the same. Find the wardens and defeat the blight. None of the following changes should warrant any extensive editing or rewriting of characters already apart of the cast. Everything that is being added currently is to expand on the universe in which all this is happening -- time has changed Thedas and I felt like the RP should be doing a better job at reflecting that. :-)

Also note that if everything goes accordingly, all the changes should be done and finalized by the time the 6th rolls around and we will begin the IC.

Changelist:
  • NEW - added a People of Importance section including descriptions and appearances of some of the more important people in Thedas.
  • NEW - added a Writers section that show who is currently apart of the roleplay.
  • CHANGED - Anyone who's character was already accepted is free to make a second character if they wish. If created, these character's do not exactly have to start at the same time as the initial cast and will be accepted only if they are well written and/or contribute more to the story.
  • CHANGED - Fergus now does not look like an exact carbon copy of his father. -w-

Changes still to come:
  • Revised "Faction" section that will feature how the years have treated each group rather than simply introduce them.
  • Revised "Location" section that will feature how the years treated each nation rather than simply introduce them.
  • A TIMELINE for quick and easy reading/understanding.
  • Description tabs for the current cast.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Artorias
Second character!

Name: The Famished
Sex: Female
Race: Qunari
Origin: Par Vollen (Beresaad)

Appearance:

EknXkKd.jpg

Biography:
The Qunari have always been paragons of efficiency, milking every resource to its last drop. Each member of their society was a resource, and The Famished had been no exception, but was exceptional in her own right. She was intellectual, enough to be considered for the Ben-Hassrath, or to learn from the Arigena. Yet she was spirited, strong of constitution and immaculate in form; an ideal soldier.

In the end, it was her calling to be Beresaad, to serve as the vanguard of the Qunari, heading expeditions into faraway lands – the intelligence to commune with the bas, and the strength to slaughter all who stood in her path. Held in high esteem for her talents, she was considered an ideal choice to captain her own Dreadnought. Upon the seas, from port to port, she did her utmost to serve the Qunari, negotiating with basalit-an, and capturing Tal-Vashoth.

She lived day to day in a fashion akin to clockwork, a quality that the nature of fate abhors.

She would arrive in Thedas off the shores near Ferelden, having received word of a rogue group of Saarebas. She would come across their first mark upon Ferelden in the form of a destroyed hut, a single body that had long since smoldered within. Unbeknownst to her, the deceased was a retired Templar. Further investigation uncovered the lyrium stipend. A substance unknown to her, she was nonetheless compelled to take the substance for herself.

Qunari have more similarities with humans, elves and dwarves they would care to admit. This Qunari was no stranger to emotions that sprung from seemingly nowhere, and the lyrium incited curiosity. Thus, she took the substance into herself, until eventually it became habit. Until the habit became an addiction. Until the source of the addiction ran dry.

Uncharacteristically for such an esteemed Beresaad, she had not completed her task. The lyrium withdrawals had come upon her, filling her with feelings of paranoia and delusion. The rest of her group could not understand the frantic urgency in her voice as she demanded they return to the abode of late Templar. They would not go with her, considering it an abandonment of their duty. In consideration of her talents, she was given a week for her journey – if she did not return by week's end, she would be Tal-Vashoth.

When she found her way to the Templar's abode once more, she found that someone else had absconded with the rest of the lyrium. Barely functional at this point, she fell into madness, raving and weeping. Eventually, she gathered the strength to overcome, and yet still the hunger within her raged evermore.

She embarks on the expedition for the Grey Wardens, seeking enough pay to sustain her hunger for lyrium.

Class and Specialization: Rogue – Artificer

Defining Strength: Of Mechanical Obscura – an exceptionally skilled Artificer, the usage of traps and elemental mines (and her trusty crossbow!) are as if second nature for The Famished. Her craftsmanship involves her skill in developing explosive powder ("gaatlok") to power her contraptions.

Secondary Strength:

A Sea of Madness – stark mad, The Famished is a difficult foe to prepare for; an Artificer who is either adept at the art of improvisation, or whose insanity makes it appear so.

Nautical Nonsense – the former captain of a Qunari Dreadnought, sailing, traveling upon the seas, and naval warfare are all second nature to The Famished.

Greatest Weakness: It Hungers – a lyrium addict, The Famished will do things against her better nature (and the wellbeing of her companions) if it means the acquisition of lyrium.

Secondary Weaknesses:

Pariah – she is decidedly not well-liked, and generally tolerated specifically for her talents. Negative opinions of her typically derive from her well-known status as an addict, unpredictability while handling explosives of all things, and her apparent madness in social interactions. Of course, the fact that she's Qunari helps matters little.

Paranoia – an aspect of her madness and lyrium withdrawal, The Famished sees enemies where they are not, is distrustful of allies in the most inopportune times, and imagines Ben-Hassrath in the shadows.

Last edited:
c70d3ec23086821ad08614c1a1b679ba.jpg

Name: Asaara Imekari
"My parents are all for that Qunlat babble. But you can just call me Asa or Asaar."

Qunlat Translation: "Wind Child"

Sex: Male

Race: Qunari.
"Could you guess; the horns give it away don't they?"

Origin: Kirkwall, Lowtown
Appearance:
Standing at 6'10, Asaara is a bit shorter and slimmer than the average Qunari. But if this fact bothers him, he doesn't show it (most likely since he dwarfs everyone else). Always seen exuding an air of easy confidence and joviality with his patented cheeky cock-sure grin. Although not overly bulging with muscle, Asaara is very lean, complimented by his smokey gray skin. His eyes are what stand out the most, bright teal orbs with an almost mystic quality.

Biography: Asaar's birth in his own words at least, was 'cliche'd'. His parent's back when they had first met were frequent, *ahem*, recreational partners. Nothing too strange in the Qun. As relations for the sake of stress relief are common. However after some time, and many visits later, they found out something strange; they loved each other. Love. An emotion punishable by re-education, caused them to flee their community in Par Vollen, becoming Tal-Vashoth.

They didn't stop running until they hit the Free Marches. Eventually they found themselves in Lowtown, where Asaara was originally born as Hissera, meaning hope in the Qunlat. Growing up in Lowtown was difficult without saying, with swindlers galore, and neighborhood thugs willing to bash your head in for a quick sovereign. But Asaara was big enough and tough enough to stay out of trouble -- more or less.

A strong young man, he was almost never left wanting for work. There was always a penny to be made, whether in a fighting ring, or as a bodyguard, etc. But overtime Asaara simply grew . . . bored. Since a young age he'd shown aspiration's to travel, earning him his current name, "Wind Child" for his wanderlust. Asaara yearned for something greater than just being a body guard or heavy lifter for some merchant. So when the royals called for the bravest and dumbest champions to help Thedas through this dark time, Asaara hopped at the chance.

Class and Specalization: Warrior (Two Handed) -- Berserker

Defining Strength:
Brick Shit-House: Tough, both physically and mentally. Asaara has a high tolerance for pain, and is confident he can outlast anyone in a drawn out fight. A small blessing granted by Qunari physiology, making him stronger and more enduring than your average Freemarcher.

Other Strengths:
Button-Pusher:
In a fight, Asaara's first instinct is to talk. What was originally a defense mechanism, quickly became it's own tool to throw off his opponents. Asaara seems to know exactly what to say to tick someone off. Whether it be a stinging verbal jab, childish nickname, rude gesture, or dirty look.

Lowtown Boxing: Nearly unmatched in a one on one duel, Asaara has picked up a few tricks back in his street boxing days. An excellent fist fighter, even when disarmed he's never without a pair of deadly weapons.

Sixth Sense: As an extension of his natural talent for name calling, Asaara has picked up on the minutia of body language. Able to read a person's body to better discern their next course of action in a fight, allowing him to act preemptively, almost as if he's reading their mind.

Greatest Weakness:
Loner:
Has difficulty asking for help, even for simple things, preferring to keep everything to himself. Even things like physical injuries he'll try to treat or heal on his own, refusing to rely on anyone.

Other Weaknesses:
Inexperienced:
Asaara is young, and knows little of actual combat stratagems, preferring to act on instinct instead of thinking ahead.

Insubordinate: A very free individual, Asaara doesn't take orders well. In fact he doesn't really take them at all, seeing them as more of a suggestion than fact.

Overconfidence: Asaara unwavering belief in his own abilities will often times dwarf his common sense or reasoning. Putting himself into dangerous situations on the presumption that his skills will see him through it without fail.

Well uh . . . this is a tad . . . awkward. >.<

Don't worry I'll change my name. edit: context - had same name as Asaar

Last edited:
Holy shit we got us some qunari. I really enjoy the lyrium addiction line with Famished and I can't wait to see the interactions Asaara will have with his fellow horned person (as different as they are as individuals). They are both accepted and will be added to the main cast section shortly. :-)

I'll admit that together they bring our count of rogues relatively high but not enough to warrant me forcing you to change. It's up to you. EDIT: Thank you for changing Inka. ^^

With the arrival of InkaDinkaDoo, I'll also be closing signups for the time being. I'd like to thank everyone who showed interest and made characters for the story I hope you'll enjoy what's to come! I'll finish up the OCC in the coming days and the IC is still on schedule to start on the 6th. Expect more information on how we will start soon~

Here are some statistics so far:
  • Out of the current eight characters we have there are FIVE GUYS and THREE GIRLS
  • Out of the current eight characters there are THREE WARRIORS, THREE ROGUES, and TWO MAGES.
  • Out of the current eight characters there are THREE HUMANS, TWO ELVES, TWO QUNARI, and ONE DWARF.
Note: These numbers will be altered slightly whenever Kitti finishes her sheet.

I've got no issue changing my class so . . . Bam! Qunari Berserker.

-CO-GM MESSAGE-

Before I forget, I'll need to know how willing your characters are to become Grey Wardens, or if you'd like to have it in their personal storylines. There will be multiple opportunities and it will have an important impact on the story.

-CO-GM MESSAGE-

Before I forget, I'll need to know how willing your characters are to become Grey Wardens, or if you'd like to have it in their personal storylines. There will be multiple opportunities and it will have an important impact on the story.
Vamaro: likely.
The Famished: mixed bag, mostly in that the Wardens might not want someone quite as unstable. The primary hook would likely be the Calling counteracting the lyrium addiction.

Vamaro: likely.
The Famished: mixed bag, mostly in that the Wardens might not want someone quite as unstable. The primary hook would likely be the Calling counteracting the lyrium addiction.
For the Famished, it'd most likely be better for her health since the Joining usually remedies mental ailments. And I highly doubt Arrahel will be too picky as to who undergoes the Joining.

We should just start now >.>

Can't wait for this to actually start again.

Reactions: BearEnthusiast
If I finish the OCC changes earlier than the 6th it's very likely that we'll start earlier as well. ^~^

-CO-GM MESSAGE-

Imryll will probably be more than eager to join. Seems that the fact that she's not the most honest nor reliable being out there might not even matter to the Grey Wardens. So, yeah. Will join if given the chance.

Sorry, for the holdup end of the month is usually a flurry of stuff.

rpms3zJ.png
Name: Solavir Da'hanin
Sex: Female
Race: Elf
Class and Specialization: Mage, Fade Mage (Rift Mage sans Rift)
Origin: Dalish, the clan is typically found near the Emerald Graves and the Dales.
Biography:
The occurrence of magic amongst the Dalish can be sporadic, which is, at times, difficult. There are tales of clans who, having too many gifted children, would send them into the wilds on their own at a young age and leave them to their fate. Other times, as in the case of Solavir, a clan can find itself with none at all and in the position to receive gifted children from another with an abundance.

The memories from the time before are faint to Solavir, hardly more than shadows at the back of her mind when she strains to remember her birth home. If she had a family in her old clan, there are no traces of it left to her. She was, after all, very young when she was given to the keeper of this clan to become the First. Her first memories of the keeper are fond to her still, however, and it is the earliest thing she can clearly recall.

They knelt down to look her in the face and asked her to show him the trick that she had learned. She had been nervous at first, shy, but through his gentle encouragement had been persuaded to show off. Focusing as hard as she could, she grasped the threads of energy swirling around her and willed them to freeze the ground as she had before. Unlike the last time, when everyone seemed to become upset, this man had praised her endlessly and told her how talented she was to do such a thing. From then on, she had lived with his clan instead and began instruction as his first.

Lately, something has been stirring. Some of the reports from their scouts tell of a worrying number of encounters with Darkspawn of late. The final straw came when the Darkspawn managed to ambush and kill Paivel, a young scout that Solavir had befriended. With the keeper's blessing, Solavir had ventured out into the wider world to speak about the rising Darkspawn threat.

Defining Strength:
Fade Touched -
The bond that Solavir feels with the fade has been her source of strength in life. She does not see herself as separate from the fade but rather part of both worlds at once. She is confident and calm in her magic.

Other Strengths:
Lorekeeper - The clan and keeper that Solavir studied under have taken painstaking care to preserve as much of their past as possible. While things are lost to time inevitably, she is still among one of the most versed in the history and language.

Brave - Darkspawn, giants, gurgut, the list of enemies that Solavir has faced only grows longer with every adventure. She is fiercely determined in the face of danger and new challenges is only an opportunity for new strategy.

Greatest Weakness:
Hubris
- A tendency to be a little reckless. Reasonable restrictions seem to fly right past her and she can be hotheaded. Boldness is not always the best strategy but she is more likely to bite off more than she can chew before anyone can convince her that she cannot do everything, fix every situation, vanquish any enemy.

Other Weaknesses:
Sheltered - A life cloistered in her clan has been kind to her studies but she can be naive about many aspects of the real world. Her clan had no need to fear stealing from one another and doors are meant to be opened.

Part of the team - It was always just Solavir and the keeper, working together to study new magic and solve the problems of the clan. At times, Solavir partnered with the warriors and scouts to clear the path of particularly dangerous enemies but for the most part, she has remained at arm's length and worked more alongside than with others. The team mentality is foreign to her and she has little idea of how to harmonise her abilities with others.

@Kitti it's no problem. I'm still working on the OOC anyhow.

But now that we have everything aside from the updated info, I'll hurry up. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.