Destructed World Cacophony (Steampunk/Urban Fantasy)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Right or Left?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Competition's healthy mang.

Aaand there it is. Have fun, y'all!
As Eroge-kun and I have our... differences in the everlasting waifu wars, plus the fact that I may screw up in explaining my character's backstory, there's still hope for you, tomodachi. :3

Y'all could have just competed for spots, but I guess it's not my problem.

Well I might try making a character since there is less competition at this point (when I came it was already 12 ppl that said they would join with more coming in). Actually I was considering using a "type" of character I used before but let me first try finding good images to fit the image I want to have for it...

bd5556f4da936fbd21b17bd950fce3c9.jpg

Well, I'll fill something out, even if only to say I tried. Wanna flesh out this character anyway. Should be up before the end of the hour.

Well, this is a thing. Not used to bare bone character sheets like this, so tell me if there's anything that could be better.

949420.jpg

"Puppetry is as close to being god as man will ever come."

Marionette Socke

She entertains. The stage is her home.
The heaven that alluded her for another – she compensates for it as her own god.
She manipulates those who listen without resistance.
With her own hands, she hopes to make realized the heaven she has created.

Opening Piece:

Don't forget the PMs.

"I will not run! I will not fail!"

Ann Dora Lünger-Stägge
lIWgsbF.png

She protects.
The honor of her family. The weak that she sees.
With guns in her arms and hope in her heart.
While staying silent no matter what she faces.
And even being silent and cold to the world.
She still touches the souls of all she comes across.

Within Temptation "See Who I Am"

Last edited:
@Weisenhart
@Bob Cut
I need PMs from the both of you. After that, OOC goes up and I'll tag the noteworthy people. Most of you will also be receiving PM-replies.

Here's brief descriptions on different places in Ringrange. I may or may not show favour on you if you found images suitable for them.

• Tall spires and wide streets makes up the Eastside Central Ward, where most professors and post-graduates take their residence. An imposingly quiet place, students rarely find themselves here, and outside of the occasional truck, the roads are empty.

• A mish-mash of apartment complexes make up the Westside Central Ward, where adult labourers who are not a part of the facility live. Factories and warehouses are also found in this district, and many clubs that require larger spaces for their equipment rent this place out. There is a constant din, with towers of smoke rising from chimney stacks.

• A collection of buildings that seems to continually be under construction, the Education District is where most lectures and labs take place. A rather small district, no doubt due to the small student population it was meant to hold in the past, more and more floors were added as time went on, like blocks continually stacked up on each other. For that reason, it is nicknamed 'Blocktown'.

• Homes of varying sizes are lined up in an orderly fashion, separated by various bike lanes. Carriages are forbidden in Scholar Street to minimize noise pollution, and it is close both to the Education District and the Hugo Memorial Library. An optimal studying environment, prepared for prep students. It isn't uncommon for house parties to take place in the larger homes though, especially after exams.

• Buildings of various styles are clustered together in the district that never sleeps. The Student District houses both most of the businesses that clubs run as well as dormitories for the majority of the student population. Though the price of the dorms may be a bit expensive, depending on whether or not you want hot water and soundproof walls, most of the shops are accessible to students, and one can feasibly go through four years in Ringrange without seeing any district other than the Student District and the Education District.

• A popular place for dates and window-shopping, Roaring Surf Street is modelled after Venice, complete with waterways travelled through by gondolas. Small, fashionable shops and restaurants are everywhere, though the clothing and accessories range from 'an overindulgent luxury to your paycheck for three months'. It is also the most pollution-free place in Ringrange, where the water is a dark blue instead of a murky green. Avoided by all lonely basement dwellers, especially during Valentines or Christmas.

• A large plaza with a large arch and the flags of all the major continental powers, Union Arch Plaza was built during the inception of the Offshore Academy City to symbolize world peace. Below the arch hangs a massive, ornate bell forged and inscribed by the Yu Dynasty's craftsmen, while the maple trees that line the roads leading to the Plaza were shipped from the Americas. This Plaza is where most city-wide events take place.

• A library with books of enough variety to rival the Great Library of Alexandria, Hugo Memorial Library was funded by the Roman Empire, who provide the majority of Literature Cards that sit on the shelves. By inserting these Literature Cards into a Film Reader, one will be able to read the contents of an entire textbook just through a single roll of plastic. It is a wonderful place, though the Library Club always jokes about how the more it grows, the more they suffer.

• An underground district that sits below the Student District, the Dropout District is the only hangout for delinquents and failed students, as well as the only place where foreign currency can be used. Black markets and banned indulgences can be found here, from speakeasies to opium dens to massage parlors. Here, the Student Disciplinary Committee works more to quarantine than to store order, and most students aren't aware of this place.

• Is it a luxury resort that pretends to be a controlled experiment, or a controlled experiment pretending to be a luxury resort? The Hanging Gardens is one of the few places in the world that works to restore the environment to its former greenery. Pure water and truly green verdure can both be found in this district at the southern corner of Ringrange, and there are many, many greenhouses all over the place. Most impressive is the artificial beach that is carefully modulated by top-tier students and professors. The Hanging Gardens is also where the residences of the Governing Council are, and tall walls prevent those without authorization from entering. It has another nickname: the Last Eden.

• The skyscraper that truly stands in the center of Ringrange. A mysterious building managed solely by automated maids and clockwork soldiers, it is said that the Governing Council rendezvous at the top level to make life-altering decisions about school policy. Committee heads are occasionally invited as well, but none have yet to describe the interior to the press.

This should accurately represent all but one.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Jakers
Don't know if they'll be useful but this is all I got right now. Oh and this.

Hmm images? I have a few maybe. Will post again, or edit here once I've had a chance to read through.

I'm in, i'd like basicly an ambitious fucker with a knack for technology and looking to conquer a country of his own in the upcomming conflict (whatever it is). SO, what do i do to help you start?

I'm pretty sure politics in this are organised enough that even conquering a third-world country would be nigh-impossible for a university student.

Obviously he's not going to do it in this RP, he'd be preparing weapons and defense systems to use, as he wants to have an edge. And he needs to build a fortune before he can start thinking on that endeavour, and he needs people, and he needs to learn to be a leader... That's a lot of education he needs to get, and no other place can offer that to him but Ringrange

Status
Not open for further replies.