Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't saying that the Awoken couldn't be guardians, I was just saying that Awoken from the REEF aren't guardians. Or, at least, the lore or in-game story hasn't really hinted at that possibility at all. I suppose a Ghost could meander on over to the Reef to revive some fallen Awoken, but the Ghosts can only resurrect someone who has enough Light, I'm pretty sure. Otherwise I'm sure we could have revived Praedyth. Of course, an Awoken Guardian deciding to side with the Reef is also totally possible, but the Reef tends to shun outsider Awoken.

Also, I might make my Bladedancer into another character of mine instead of the dude I was planning.

maxresdefault.jpg
Hunter.png
Name: Artemisia Akedon

Height: 6'5"

Weight: 160 lbs

Occupation: Belt Guardswoman (aka. Rogue Law-Woman of the Asteroid Frontier, Deputized Enforcer of City Justice, otherwise known to her boss as the Senile Six-Shooter)

Race: Human (Guardian)

Class: Gunslinger Hunter

Features:
  • Witty
  • Experienced
  • Dedicated
  • Blunt
  • Wise
Flaws:
  • Untrusting
  • Weary
  • Bitter
  • Ruthless
  • Lonely
Hobbies:
  • Asteroid Golf - More spectating than participating, involves predicting the collision courses of asteroids based on sight alone. Tends to be rather boring without a group.
  • Knife Throwing - Tends to involve wild creatures trapped on various asteroids.
  • Blackjack - An ages-old game of chance and mystery... which tends to be rather boring when played solo.
Skills:
  • Sharpshooting
  • Knife Throwing
  • Basic CQC Knowledge
  • Stealth
  • Tracking
Born in the earliest days of the Guardians themselves, Artemisia Akedon is an old soul, however little her body shows it. Resurrected in the final days of the Warlords and the Iron Lords, forged in the conflict of the Faction Wars, and once-immortalized as a hero of various conflicts afterwards, Artemisia has long been forgotten by all but the oldest of the City, and keeps in touch with few outside of the Vanguard leadership.

Awakened outside of the City, Artemisia was forced to fight to survive in a hostile world of competing Warlords and the conquering Iron Lords. Eventually, after encountering the then-unknown Saladin Forge and his compatriots, Artemisia journeyed to the City itself, which was at the time ruled by warring Factions. After participating on various sides during the Faction Wars as a hired gun, she settled in the City and contributed to its defense over the centuries. During her lifetime, Artemisia has met many living legends, shaking hands with Lord Shaxx at the Twilight Gap and trading philosophies with Osiris himself, but herself has made little impression upon the tomes of history. If her skills are ever doubted, she replies quite calmly "Maybe there's just no one left to write about me." However, after the Battle of the Twilight Gap and the revelation of the Reef as a power in the Solar System, Artemisia's particular skill set became significantly more valuable. Then-Hunter Vanguard Andal Brask assigned Artemisia and a few other Guardians to patrol the inner asteroid belt, just beyond the influence of the Queen and beneath the radar of the Cabal on Mars.

This fireteam became invaluable to predicting the movements of the Awoken and monitoring the forces of the Darkness beyond Earth's reach, as well as covertly intercepting communications between the Jovian Nine and the Queen. However, their mission was not without its risks. Fallen raiding parties and Cabal strike teams randomly fell upon the fireteam, which numbered only a handful. In the present, Artemisia is the only Guardian of her fireteam who remains, the others felled by enemy gunfire and their Ghosts destroyed in the line of duty. She, however, refused to return to the City with her tail between her legs, and instead held her ground around the Reef. Cayde-6, present Hunter Vanguard, is her closest compatriot, being as old if not older than herself, and frequently checks in with her to make sure her mind hasn't broken.

Tragically, however, Artemisia and her Ghost were recently caught by the Awoken of the Reef. Per her mission parameters, she is not allowed to disclose the purpose of her mission, nor is she likely to receive help from the City. Despite this, a Hunter's skills are always in demand, and freedom is but a gunshot away for anyone willing to work for it...

Loadout:
  • Primary: Maverick Mk. 32 (Hand Cannon)
  • Secondary: Silver Dollar Mk. 35 (Shotgun)
  • Heavy: Darius-B (Machine Gun)

Occupation: Belt Guardswoman (aka. Rogue Law-Woman of the Asteroid Frontier, Deputized Enforcer of City Justice, otherwise known to her boss as the Senile Six-Shooter)

Features:
  • Witty
  • Experienced
  • Dedicated
  • Blunt
  • Wise
Flaws:
  • Untrusting
  • Weary
  • Bitter
  • Ruthless
  • Lonely
Hobbies:
  • Asteroid Golf - More spectating than participating, involves predicting the collision courses of asteroids based on sight alone. Tends to be rather boring without a group.
  • Knife Throwing - Tends to involve wild creatures trapped on various asteroids.
  • Blackjack - An ages-old game of chance and mystery... which tends to be rather boring when played solo.
Skills:
  • Sharpshooting
  • Knife Throwing
  • Basic CQC Knowledge
  • Stealth
  • Tracking
Born in the earliest days of the Guardians themselves, Artemisia Akedon is an old soul, however little her body shows it. Resurrected in the final days of the Warlords and the Iron Lords, forged in the conflict of the Faction Wars, and once-immortalized as a hero of various conflicts afterwards, Artemisia has long been forgotten by all but the oldest of the City, and keeps in touch with few outside of the Vanguard leadership.

Awakened outside of the City, Artemisia was forced to fight to survive in a hostile world of competing Warlords and the conquering Iron Lords. Eventually, after encountering the then-unknown Saladin Forge and his compatriots, Artemisia journeyed to the City itself, which was at the time ruled by warring Factions. After participating on various sides during the Faction Wars as a hired gun, she settled in the City and contributed to its defense over the centuries. During her lifetime, Artemisia has met many living legends, shaking hands with Lord Shaxx at the Twilight Gap and trading philosophies with Osiris himself, but herself has made little impression upon the tomes of history. If her skills are ever doubted, she replies quite calmly "Maybe there's just no one left to write about me." However, after the Battle of the Twilight Gap and the revelation of the Reef as a power in the Solar System, Artemisia's particular skill set became significantly more valuable. Then-Hunter Vanguard Andal Brask assigned Artemisia and a few other Guardians to patrol the inner asteroid belt, just beyond the influence of the Queen and beneath the radar of the Cabal on Mars.

This fireteam became invaluable to predicting the movements of the Awoken and monitoring the forces of the Darkness beyond Earth's reach, as well as covertly intercepting communications between the Jovian Nine and the Queen. However, their mission was not without its risks. Fallen raiding parties and Cabal strike teams randomly fell upon the fireteam, which numbered only a handful. In the present, Artemisia is the only Guardian of her fireteam who remains, the others felled by enemy gunfire and their Ghosts destroyed in the line of duty. She, however, refused to return to the City with her tail between her legs, and instead held her ground around the Reef. Cayde-6, present Hunter Vanguard, is her closest compatriot, being as old if not older than herself, and frequently checks in with her to make sure her mind hasn't broken.

Tragically, however, Artemisia and her Ghost were recently caught by the Awoken of the Reef. Per her mission parameters, she is not allowed to disclose the purpose of her mission, nor is she likely to receive help from the City. Despite this, a Hunter's skills are always in demand, and freedom is but a gunshot away for anyone willing to work for it...

Loadout:
Remember game events have not happened like they did in this RP. Andal Brask is still alive and the Cabal have not surged on Mars yet. Just something to keep in mind.

Remember game events have not happened like they did in this RP. Andal Brask is still alive and the Cabal have not surged on Mars yet. Just something to keep in mind.

Is Andal Brask still in the Vanguard, or did he pull a Saladin Forge and retire?

Furthermore, are the Cabal going to be an event IC, and prior to their arrival, is there any occupying force on Mars?

At the start of destiny the Cabal allready had a foothold on Mars, and had so for a decent amount of time.

At the start of destiny the Cabal allready had a foothold on Mars, and had so for a decent amount of time.

It seems like we're in a moderately different alternate reality version of the game. If Andal Brask is still alive, then for one, Taniks the Scarred may not even exist, or may have died, or may not have come for the Hunter Vanguard yet. The ripple effect on the House of Wolves could be radical.

The fact is, we don't have a lore post. The biggest obstacle in making characters and then being able to understand them within the confines of the RP is a lack of knowledge about the world of this RP, which is apparently different from the world of Destiny as we know it.

Well, anything that happened directly prior to Vanilla should be applicable here, shouldn't it? Since we're essentially replacing Vanilla with House of Wolves on the timeline. Which would mean that Andal Brask should already be dead, right? Because Cayde-6 took on the Vanguard Dare following Brask's death at the hand(s) of Taniks, and I would assume that the Vanguard would remain the same as in the game.

Also, question: are we allowed to have legendary gear at the start, if not exotic? We're all going to play very experienced Guardians, so it would only make sense for them to have gear to match their experience.

Last edited:
It seems like we're in a moderately different alternate reality version of the game. If Andal Brask is still alive, then for one, Taniks the Scarred may not even exist, or may have died, or may not have come for the Hunter Vanguard yet. The ripple effect on the House of Wolves could be radical.

The fact is, we don't have a lore post. The biggest obstacle in making characters and then being able to understand them within the confines of the RP is a lack of knowledge about the world of this RP, which is apparently different from the world of Destiny as we know it.
Well, anything that happened directly prior to Vanilla should be applicable here, shouldn't it? Since we're essentially replacing Vanilla with House of Wolves on the timeline. Which would mean that Andal Brask should already be dead, right? Because Cayde-6 took on the Vanguard Dare following Brask's death at the hand(s) of Taniks, and I would assume that the Vanguard would remain the same as in the game.

Also, question: are we allowed to have legendary gear at the start, if not exotic? We're all going to play very experienced Guardians, so it would only make sense for them to have gear to match their experience.
No exotics. They will be rare to come by, and we're not replacing the lore, just the chronology of the events. Andal Brask is with the Vanguard, and Tankis does exist. Please do not assume and say what's what just ask me. If you feel like this will be a problem, then you don't have to RP this I just wanted to do something fun and creative for people that like Destiny and/or sci-fi. I have a plan obviously if HoW is first then things will be adhered to instead of ignored. The mythology and history is still the same, it will just be a different timeset. And yes Cabal is on Mars, but the Cabal won't really be a large factor to start off.

There was a reason I wanted Brask alive, I'm going to kill him IC.

I never asked if we could have exotics. I just asked if we could have legendaries, since we don't have exotics.

As for the other stuff, no one has a problem as far as I know. It just seemed like you were implying that everything pre-Vanilla had happened as they did in the game's universe, which would mean that Andal Brask was dead. It's the same as assuming that the Collapse happened in the universe of this RP, or that Ikora Rey is the Warlock Vanguard. You saying Brask is alive threw a wrench in the information we had been given until you told us you were moving things pre-Vanilla around.

Like The Philosoraptor said, it's hard to know what's stayed and the same and what's been moved around without you telling us, which conversely makes it more difficult to have a comprehensive idea of our character's place within this world. Is Andal Brask being alive the only change to pre-Vanilla continuity, or is there more?

Didn't think it really mattered unless you wanted to name drop, or be part of those huge historical events. I assumed wed be learning all that history in the course of the rp as farily "green" characters.

Again. I know little to nothing about back story details for destiny. Lol. I'm excited to get going :)

I never asked if we could have exotics. I just asked if we could have legendaries, since we don't have exotics.

As for the other stuff, no one has a problem as far as I know. It just seemed like you were implying that everything pre-Vanilla had happened as they did in the game's universe, which would mean that Andal Brask was dead. It's the same as assuming that the Collapse happened in the universe of this RP, or that Ikora Rey is the Warlock Vanguard. You saying Brask is alive threw a wrench in the information we had been given until you told us you were moving things pre-Vanilla around.

Like The Philosoraptor said, it's hard to know what's stayed and the same and what's been moved around without you telling us, which conversely makes it more difficult to have a comprehensive idea of our character's place within this world. Is Andal Brask being alive the only change to pre-Vanilla continuity, or is there more?
I literally already told everyone what was the same and different in the RP in the InCheck. It's all there. So it was answered before asked, which is why it's expected to be known maybe since none of the present day game arcs hasn't happened yet, there would be cause to actually adapt them IC. I understand your curiosity about Brask that makes sense for you to do so than saying the entire RP isn't a lore post anymore just because one pre-game thing is being adapted.

I really don't want to confuse you all just because I had a unique idea about how I was going to set up the new plots in this new RP order, and since you guys have a certain set idea and stories for your characters I won't touch pre-game history. So it's fine about Brask being dead I can use someone else for the idea I had.

Features:
  • Witty
  • Experienced
  • Dedicated
  • Blunt
  • Wise
Flaws:
  • Untrusting
  • Weary
  • Bitter
  • Ruthless
  • Lonely
Hobbies:
Skills:
  • Sharpshooting
  • Knife Throwing
  • Basic CQC Knowledge
  • Stealth
  • Tracking

Loadout:
Accepted.

Not to try and shit on characters or anything, but a person can only utilize the power of the Light only by being granted that power by the Traveller. That's why you don't see any Guardians from the Reef in the game; the Awoken living there - or, at least, their ancestors - abandoned the Traveller and thus are not blessed with its powers. the different energy types, however, are distinct from Light; they're just specific elements that Light can take the form of. That's why enemies of the darkness have elemental shields and weapons, and why our normal weapons have elemental energy. As Mara Sov and her Techeun Witches, and even the Hive Wizards demonstrate, you can manipulate elemental energy without being a warrior of the Light. The different elements are merely ways for Guardians to MANIFEST their Light.

That being said, I'll have a CS for my Bladedancer up today. I only realized you had the OOC up when you tagged me.

CS in progress:
Name:
Kayt Lynn

I dunno how long ago, exactly, the Battle of Twilight Gap occurred, but she was resurrected immediately after it finished.

Height:
6'3"

Weight:
200 lbs
Crucible Champion
Kayt is one of the greatest Hunters to ever grace Shaxx's Crucible, clawing her way to the top of the leaderboards. She is feared within the Crucible as a ruthless warrior, and if she's on your team you're almost guaranteed to win.
Race:
Human

Class:
Bladedancer Hunter
  1. Skip Grenade - This grenade seeks its enemies relentlessly, much like Kayt.​
  2. Blink - This is a short-range teleport that confuses enemies and allows her to get the jump on them.​
  3. Razor's Edge - While using her super, Arc Blade, she can send a wave of arc energy along the ground to damage or kill enemies.​
  4. Fast Twitch - Kayt regenerates her Blink Strike significantly faster, allowing her to use it more often.​
  5. Path Forbidden - Kayt has chosen the path that emphasizes battle recovery and speed.​
  6. Fleet Footed - Kayt can run faster and slide further than normal.​
  7. Way of the Drifter - This path puts focus on toughness, battle recovery, and speed.​
  8. Encore - Every kill Kayt gains with her Arc Blade increases its duration.​
Features(5):
Cunning, resourceful, perseverant, strong-willed, confident.
Flaws(5):
Cold, stubborn, rude, unforgiving, reclusive.

Appearance: [Find a Destiny related pic online, or for humans just use a photo/realistic picture]

Skills/Hobbies:

Bio:
I like how you went in depth in the subclass bubble slots lol. Nice.

Name: Gaius Long
Height: 6'1
Weight: 207lb
Race: Human
Class (If Applicable): Titan Defender

Features(5): Determined/Noble/Cunning/Optimistic/Curious
Flaws(5): Prideful/Vengeful/Solitary/Secretive/Untrusting

Appearance
Face:
Destiny_20151003194635.jpg

Armor:
Destiny-Jovian-Guard-Titan-Armor.jpg

Skills/Hobbies: Novice Gunsmith, knowledgeable in history, lore, and the Towers enemies, superb in CQC. Enjoys cooking, reading, physical fitness.

Weapons: Proxima Centauri II Scout Rifle/ Hard Luck Charm Shotgun/ Against All Odds Heavy Machine Gun

Bio: Gaius, like all other Guardians, was resurrected with little memory of who he was. His name was all that remained of his old self. He was first awoken by his ghost in the ruins of a city in the far south of the European Dead Zone. His memories of the events that follow are foggy, but consist of wandering through the remnants of Europe while avoiding pack of Fallen. He was eventually found by the a group of the Pilgrim Guard outside of Old Russia and then taken back to the Tower to defend the last City as a Guardian.
Only a few short months after, the city was thrust into a massive battle at the Twilight Gap, and being a Guardian, Gaius was thrust with the rest. He was part of Lord Shaxx's counter-attack that broke the Fallen's line and was ultimately chewed out for his part in disobeying orders along with all others that participated. Following the Battle of the Twilight Gap and proving himself, he was quickly accepted into the Firebreak Order. He has spent the last 21 years fighting the cities foes on the front-lines, preferring action to waiting.

Extra: Collects trinkets from everywhere he has been. Spends free time in the tower among the cryptarchs. Takes the name Long, from his long march North East out of Europe.
Accepted.

• Thank You
Reactions: TheGDeer
No exotics. They will be rare to come by, and we're not replacing the lore, just the chronology of the events. Andal Brask is with the Vanguard, and Tankis does exist. Please do not assume and say what's what just ask me. If you feel like this will be a problem, then you don't have to RP this I just wanted to do something fun and creative for people that like Destiny and/or sci-fi. I have a plan obviously if HoW is first then things will be adhered to instead of ignored. The mythology and history is still the same, it will just be a different timeset. And yes Cabal is on Mars, but the Cabal won't really be a large factor to start off.

Thank you for at least clarifying where we begin, and I'm sorry if I came across as rude. However, while I'm certainly not one to step on a creator's ideas, there is something to be said for clarifying the exact nature of the roleplay beforehand. Your initial post on both the Interest Check and this thread laid down the rules, the most basic idea of the RP, and an idea of what Destiny is for the uninitiated, and your later posts laid out what equipment can be possessed based on the idea that the raids and events of both Vanilla, the Dark Below, The Taken King, and Rise of Iron have yet to occur, which gave a vague-er understanding of when we are in-character. However, what confuses me is, as you say, the changed order of events. Andal Brask is alive, so his assassination has yet to occur, which does alter the Vanguard and the order of the Hunters quite a bit, as would any other details that did not occur in the canon timeline.

As politely as possible, and separate from the questions of others, I'd like to ask again: Is there anything else we should know going in so that we don't interrupt the flow of posting or clash with your vision of the RP? For example, is anyone dead that in the game would be alive, like Tevis the Nightstalker, or are some conflicts that happened long ago about to happen in the RP, like the House of Wolves attempting to cross the Asteroid Belt?

Thank you for at least clarifying where we begin, and I'm sorry if I came across as rude. However, while I'm certainly not one to step on a creator's ideas, there is something to be said for clarifying the exact nature of the roleplay beforehand. Your initial post on both the Interest Check and this thread laid down the rules, the most basic idea of the RP, and an idea of what Destiny is for the uninitiated, and your later posts laid out what equipment can be possessed based on the idea that the raids and events of both Vanilla, the Dark Below, The Taken King, and Rise of Iron have yet to occur, which gave a vague-er understanding of when we are in-character. However, what confuses me is, as you say, the changed order of events. Andal Brask is alive, so his assassination has yet to occur, which does alter the Vanguard and the order of the Hunters quite a bit, as would any other details that did not occur in the canon timeline.

As politely as possible, and separate from the questions of others, I'd like to ask again: Is there anything else we should know going in so that we don't interrupt the flow of posting or clash with your vision of the RP? For example, is anyone dead that in the game would be alive, like Tevis the Nightstalker, or are some conflicts that happened long ago about to happen in the RP, like the House of Wolves attempting to cross the Asteroid Belt?
Refer to my last message, I'm leaving Brask's death unchanged as to not touch pre-game elements. Anthing pre-game is still the same. All current time plot arcs will be subject to change. Since Wolves if first, The Vex are inactive and The Cabal very under the radar.

• Thank You
Reactions: The Philosoraptor
Status
Not open for further replies.