Destiny RP

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to go with Wheatley and a completely cowardice Ghost.

I may need help with Items. I never got that far in the game. I actually recently just picked it up.

Actually that's a good question, will you guys require a faceclaim?
Not really? No?
Hello.

I need some help with sorting put abilities for my character.
Hey there.

Hunter Titan Warlock

Pick one of these, pick a subclass, and there it should have all of its abilities outlined. You can only go with Grenade/Melee/Super at first, but we give you the freedom of editing these on the basis of what you've chosen as your Ability Tree (Offence, Defense, Support). Remember - everything here is based on creativity. You can pretty much do whatever you want as long as it doesn't break the RP.

I'd be happy to oblige if you need any more help or answer any of your questions.

I decided to go with Wheatley and a completely cowardice Ghost.

I may need help with Items. I never got that far in the game. I actually recently just picked it up.
There's an armory link in the character creation sheet. Follow that and you'll be able to choose your stuff easy! Just make sure you don't choose the best gear as that'll make the point of getting Gear rewards moot, alright?

And just like above - happy to answer any questions.

@Jageroux and I are, that is. Teehee.

I'd like help in designing a super ability for my Titan. I have the other two.

Okay, so... the normal Super for the Striker is Fist of Havoc, right? So how about... instead of just smashing your fists against the ground, you can do both that, and 'throw' that Super in the form of a dense ball of electricity in order to make it a ranged attack?

So, she'd grpound-pound and then collect the electricity from that, coaless it into a dense boll, and throw it like a grenade?

I meant you can do either one or the other based on the situation, but I guess both work fine as well. Just that the second blast would have to be a tad weaker, otherwise your character would just end up pulverizing armies, lmao

She already has a lightning grenade, so I think it would be logical to only do the Fist of Havoc.

Also, is History optional, or can I explain it sometime during the RP? I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas for it as I don't know much about Destiny's setting, etc...

There's an armory link in the character creation sheet. Follow that and you'll be able to choose your stuff easy! Just make sure you don't choose the best gear as that'll make the point of getting Gear rewards moot, alright?

And just like above - happy to answer any questions.

So let me put this out there for my character, before I actually do so. I always saw the Void powers working in the way the Biotic powers worked, my personal opinion thus

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ability Tree: Supportive - Actually if you're allowing for further customization, I'd actually like to play a more supportive Voidwalker. Since we will be allowed to make our own custom abilities, I'm thinking of pulling from another sci-fi series Mass Effect, and wielding some of that void power like a Biotic would.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Like I am thinking of using some of the Biotic abilities like Slam, Throw, with the Void powers. For his super I was thinking of creating a Stasis ability to suspend enemies up with the Voidy psychic abilities[/BCOLOR]

She already has a lightning grenade, so I think it would be logical to only do the Fist of Havoc.

Also, is History optional, or can I explain it sometime during the RP? I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas for it as I don't know much about Destiny's setting, etc...
You can keep it as Fist of Havoc for now and advance it later-on when you think you know what you'd like to use. You don't have to make it something 'different' from the start.

As for history, it's purely optional. According to lore, most guardians don't know who or what they were in a past life. As for the setting, I'll give you a rough breakdown of it.

Shit is fucked. There's dead people with space magic (our characters). There's shitty aliens with questionable aim.

Now, on a more serious note.

The setting is 200 years after The Collapse (When the Golden Age of Humanity Ended via The Darkness (I didn't name it)). The Last City has been formed, with various 'settlements' scattered throughout Earth. With this in mind, after you character was revived by their Ghost, one of two things happened:

1. They immediately went to the Last City to join the Vanguard (The Collective of Guardians whose main goal is to fight against The Darkness and anyone/anything that would threaten humanity.) 2. Roamed the Earth/Joined a settlement until they eventually joined The Vanguard.

Either way, you can design a 'backstory' for your Guardian after they were revived, but before or after they joined the Vanguard.

Example:

Following scenario 1: [X] was assigned to the helping patrol the wall as a 'fresh' guardian. Being shown the ropes by a veteran, it wasn't long before a Fallen Ketch got a bit too close and the Vanguard engaged the enemy. With [X] on the frontline, they proved themselves as a true guardian as they stood shoulder to shoulder with their veteran mentor and drove back the Fallen menace, ensuring the City would remain safe.

Following scenario 2: [X] roamed the ruined city of Rio de Janeiro before coming across a small encampment of survivors. Knowing they wouldn't be able the reach the City, the survivors merely struggled and did their best to survive. Slowly becoming part of their 'society', [X] became a valued figure among them as their protector and guardian. Eventually, [X]'s ghost was able to make contact with The Vanguard and ships were sent to not only retrieve the survivors, but also the Guardian as well to bring them to the City.

You have quite a bit of leeway in terms of Guardian backstory that isn't really explored in game for obvious reasons.

So let me put this out there for my character, before I actually do so. I always saw the Void powers working in the way the Biotic powers worked, my personal opinion thus

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ability Tree: Supportive - Actually if you're allowing for further customization, I'd actually like to play a more supportive Voidwalker. Since we will be allowed to make our own custom abilities, I'm thinking of pulling from another sci-fi series Mass Effect, and wielding some of that void power like a Biotic would.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Like I am thinking of using some of the Biotic abilities like Slam, Throw, with the Void powers. For his super I was thinking of creating a Stasis ability to suspend enemies up with the Voidy psychic abilities[/BCOLOR]
I approve this; it seems well thought out and it fits.

I approve this; it seems well thought out and it fits.

Awesome. Its all I was thinking with the VoidWalkers. Destiny has no way of playing the game with a thought in mind of lifting enemies up and picking them or throwing them. I can glide, why the fuck can I not pick things up and stuff. It works about the same

And thus, my character is complete.
Looks good.
Awesome. Its all I was thinking with the VoidWalkers. Destiny has no way of playing the game with a thought in mind of lifting enemies up and picking them or throwing them. I can glide, why the fuck can I not pick things up and stuff. It works about the same
I'm happy someone is willing to go for a supportive class. Not that I want to force anyone into a certain archetype, but it's always nice to see something a little different.

Looks good.

I'm happy someone is willing to go for a supportive class. Not that I want to force anyone into a certain archetype, but it's always nice to see something a little different.

I always play supportive, tbh.

I'm often in shooters and even fantasy games, the janitor. I follow behind the dude with the biggest armor and I clean up and protect their back. I see a Stasis field being very useful and to be honest. I just felt like using the RP to improve in areas I think Bungie could improve Destiny.

Don't get me wrong I like Destiny, it just doesn't come off nearly as fleshed out as the Halo universe does. If that makes any sense.

I actually do have a question; Now While I choose Gear and Weapons from the list.

Can we have our Armor be a bit like Dragon Age Inquisition? If you think about Inquisition characters like Cassandra and Solas, etc. Have their own custom armor, and no matter what armor you chose it looked different for the Inquisitor than it did.

Could my armor look similar to the one I am dropping in appearance just get customizable versions of it over time? Or does it have to look exactly like the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.