Destiny RP

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shalashaska

Edgenoble
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Modern, Action, Adventure.
7TWFBZi.png

O6SdSsW.png

"You're not the first one to achieve something great, you know. Every time I'm reset, I forget a lot. But, no matter how many times, there's something I can't forget. When the skies bled."

25lSRN7.jpg

"It was supposed to be simple; travel to Jupiter, find Icarus. But what they found? What they woke up? What they started? Man, it made me wish my Ghost woke me up a few centuries later."

This RP would be based around the game [Destiny]. Extensive knowledge of the game wouldn't necessarily be required as the RP would play off of sparse bits of lore and 'creative' liberties would be taken to create a more enjoyable and coherent narrative. So, even if you're not actually knowledgeable of the game, but you're a fan of the sci-fi genre, feel free to show interest and my bitch friend and I will do our best to accommodate you.

More information would be provided if this actually gains traction. Because I can't be fucked to spend 3 hours on this just to have no one show any interest.[/hr][/hr]

3, 4, you whore.

Yes! Definitely. I haven't really looked a lot into the lore, but I love Destiny. I've already got a character in mind, in fact.

Nice. That means 4/9.

I imagine we'd only need 2 more before we can actually start.

Should we go ahead and start discussing how we're going to translate game elements into an RP? Just so that when this thing actually starts, no one is confused about how things work.

Sure.

I think the biggest part of the RP would be whether or not we'd actually just leave it completely narrative based, or implement gameplay elements such as Light levels and etc. I'm fine with either one, though leaving it as a solely narrative experience would make the entire RP more 'casual' imo.

Unless we're instituting some kind of PVP system, I'd prefer it to be narrative based. I feel like instituting a level based system will be counter-intuitive.

Since we'd be going with Destiny's weapons I think only that should really be sort of 'level based.' Like completing missions gives you better gear and shit so we don't spawn with Gjallarhorns and Hawkmoons, y'know? Same goes for abilities.

It'd kinda be like you can just do more stuff the more you RP. That doesn't necessarily mean you're stronger, per se. You'd just have a wider repertoire of shit to do.

>Gjallarhorn

Get out of here you filthy casual; Sleeper Simulant or bust.

The reason I think we ought not have Light levels is just that it'd be really tedious to keep up with as we get more and better gear. Though, I also think we could have a vague power progression - as the Guardians fight the Darkness, they temper their Light and grow more powerful.

And as for abilities, I don't really object to starting out with a subclass maxed out. The lore seems to support that most Guardians stick to one subclass, and if any of our Guardians are experienced then it stands to reason they should have all of their subclass's abilities unlocked. Then again, who's to say that all Guardians necessarily wield their powers in such similar ways? Maybe not all Guardians fall strictly within one subclass or another. Maybe there's a Hunter who uses their Solar Light to produce flaming knives that he throws with pinpoint accuracy, or a Striker Titan who lobs thunderbolts at his enemies?

I think it'd also be good to consider how gameplay mechanics themselves translate into an RP. I think maybe using abilities might tucker Guardians out some, and that's why they have to wait to recharge their super, melee, and grenades. And ammo probably wouldn't just drop enemies. It's more plausible that Guardians just stock up on lots of synths and shoot much more carefully and precisely than we would in-game.

Reactions: Dauwz
>Sleeper Simulant

I'm talking about Heavies tho
Sleeper Simulant is a heavy you dunce.

The reason I think we ought not have Light levels is just that it'd be really tedious to keep up with as we get more and better gear. Though, I also think we could have a vague power progression - as the Guardians fight the Darkness, they temper their Light and grow more powerful.

And as for abilities, I don't really object to starting out with a subclass maxed out. The lore seems to support that most Guardians stick to one subclass, and if any of our Guardians are experienced then it stands to reason they should have all of their subclass's abilities unlocked. Then again, who's to say that all Guardians necessarily wield their powers in such similar ways? Maybe not all Guardians fall strictly within one subclass or another. Maybe there's a Hunter who uses their Solar Light to produce flaming knives that he throws with pinpoint accuracy, or a Striker Titan who lobs thunderbolts at his enemies?

I think it'd also be good to consider how gameplay mechanics themselves translate into an RP. I think maybe using abilities might tucker Guardians out some, and that's why they have to wait to recharge their super, melee, and grenades. And ammo probably wouldn't just drop enemies. It's more plausible that Guardians just stock up on lots of synths and shoot much more carefully and precisely than we would in-game.
I can agree to this.

Thirded.
Ugh, that thing and the Universal Remote confuse me so much
Even I know that, come on now.

That's 5/9. Need at least one more.

Status
Not open for further replies.