Dependent

She bumped into her lightly, playfully. "Shut up...I'm so not in love with him...he's like a brother...I mean, technically he is, right?" She looked down at the macaroni and cheese, having quite a bit more respect for it now that she knew the whole story behind it.

"I don't want to think about cars getting hit...I just need to go to my appointment..." She lowered her voice a little. "Ari, I can't feel my arm at all..." She stood up, her left arm just dropping to her side limply. "My appointment is with the surgeon again...I don't even know how we're going to begin to pay for all of this..."

"Sure..." She replied as she stuck out her tongue. "He isn't related to you and with how you act like a mother he could easily be the father within this family." She replied as she poked her curiously.

"I will take you. Do you want to take anyone?" She asked before hearing her arms condition. "You should get that checked..." She replied as she watched her arm go limp. "I can offer some money. I have a bit saved up so you should be fine if you need something just ask." She replied as she looked worriedly. "Just focus on getting better."

Lysander had nearly jumped out of his skin when he grabbed his older brother's arm as opposed to a wall. He had though that everyone was gone and so feeling a body really freaked him out. He listened to his older brother talk, making a face at what he was saying.
"I told you, Kuro, I'm not hungry. And I don't need a boyfriend," He didn't want to date anyone when he was blind. He would feel like they were only dating him for pity and he didn't want that. He heard Kuro talking to their other sister and decide to try snell away, letting to of his brother's arm and searching for a wall once again.

Lexi groaned when she heard Theodosia yelling at her. She couldn't be bothered to reply her. She's old enough to do what she wants anyway, she thought. She undressed to her night clothes and went online to her computer, where she felt more "loved" online.
Lexi tucked her ebony black hair behind her ear and started blogging and tumblr-ing. Who cares if Theo shouted at her? I can't be bothered to reply to her, but I don't care, do I? She thought as she blogged.

"You won't get a boyfriend that way." He replied to the face he made. "And I believe you haven't heard, but I am willing to shove that entire plate down your mouth." He shrugged as he watched as Lexi completely ignored him.

"Why the hell does Lexi always avoid me?? Am I that unattractive!?" He replied as he grabbed at his skull and watched her walk by. He gumbled as he saw Lysander try to get away. "Ah, no you don't... You are going to help get me Lexi down stairs." He smiled as he looked at Lysander. "You are more into stuff she likes so strike a conversation and get her down here. I will try to help but I have no idea whatever the hell these tumbling things are." He whispered into Lysander's ear as if trying to come up with a scheming plan. "Once you do get her out here I will tackle her and take her computer hostage." He joked as he pushed Lysander to the direction of her room.

"If you're trying to get her out of her room, then you won't be able to shove a plate of food down my throat," Lysander pointed out, "So I refuse to help you with that. You get her out yourself-- I'm going to try to find my room and then sleep the rest of the day. And lock my door so you can't come in there and try to get me out to eat or something. Bye."

He started feeling around the wall he had found, trying to get back to his bedroom without falling on his face.

He sighed. What a good influence he was. He nodded and patted Lysander on the shoulder. "I hope you find it then. I won't treat you any less. I am not like your sister but just don't stress yourself out too much." He replied as he watched him move on. "Just don't sleep too much."

He turned and looked at Lexi's door. That girl was something else. While Lysander at least acknowledged him he was completely ignored by her. She was always as quiet as he was whenever he entered his room and he wondered why she was so addicted to the computer. He had noticed she felt much more comfortable there than with the family. He was supposed to be the one not supposed to fit in, not her. He began to move to Lexi's room slowly and knocked on her door.

"They say a swarm of clowns will invade our city soon and we need to get out of the city." He joked as he awaited to see if he would get any response.

Theo rolled her eyes at the comment about Kuro being the father figure of the house. She was right, sure, but that didn't mean she was just going to jump into bed with him. She did blush though, and tried to hide it by taking her empty bowl to the sink to wash it out. Which...was a lot harder with only one functioning arm.

"Well, that's what my appointment's for. My arm. At the hospital, they listed off a huge list of surgeries I need that may not even work..." She sighed. "And...I'm not going to stop you from helping us out with money but you know I don't want to accept it from you...you help us out enough..Though, if you can get Lexi to stop staying out all night and on her computer all day, I'll throw you a damn parade...."

Lysander yelped as he ran into a wall, grumbling under his breath and sliding to the ground. He was giving up. Maybe he would be willing to let his twin brother, Lennox, to help him out a bit when he got home from boarding school. That was supposed to be soon, right? He hadn't seen a calendar in awhile but he had already been counting down the days before he was blinded.

The family might not have a ton of money but Lennox had gone there on a scholarship. It was a model scholarship. The school he was goin to was for models and designers. Well--mostly designers but they needed models for classes, too. Someone had to wear the clothes.

Lennox had always loved clothes so of course he had done it. Plus, it had a great academic program.

Ari chuckled. "I'll give you a ride when you need one. Just need to take care of locking my part of the store first." She whistled as she saw her blush. "You also don't have to hide your feelings or care about me helping you pay. I rob Kuro all the time to help with my store so its the least I could do."

"He's my brother..." She muttered, trying not to get frustrated over cleaning the bowl. "I'm not supposed to be attracted to him...But I do really appreciate how much he helps out around the house...if only everyone else would pitch in like that..." She sighed. "One's blind because of me, one's at boarding school, and the other thinks she's top shit around here and can do whatever the hell she wants...staying out all night and shit...I'm not helping her when she gets knocked up..."

She tossed the sponge down into the sink and walked away. "Thank god for Kuro...and you too, Ari. If it weren't for you two, I'd probably just give up and walk away...not that I have anywhere to go...I was going to go to college on a softball scholarship and a volleyball scholarship, but I've managed to fuck that up like everything else..."

"Well he is at least a good friend." She teased as she listened to her exclamation. "He does a lot because he feels he owes your parents. They did take him in when his home was hell. I remember that he didn't even know what to do when he was with you guys. You had amazing dinners and picnics and he wasn't used to that. Was the opposite of his family but then they went out more and more and they are basically gone. He just took up where they left off. I have listened to him blame himself for the family falling apart." Ari replied.

She began to listen. "It isn't your fault. We have to deal with what happened. Lysander is strong and Lex doesn't do that much wrong. I will help her if anything goes wrong." She assured Theo.

"Also, thanks." She smiled. "You shouldn't walk away from your troubles though. Knowing from what Kuro has said about you. He says you take things head on and exceed at them. You still have many abilities and even with one arm you probably could beat me at those sports still." She tried to cheer her up.

Theo sniffed and wiped her eyes, just quietly listening to what Ari had to say. She sniffed again and gave her a sad sort of smile, then walked over and gave her the best hug she could with one arm. "Thank you..." She said, letting a small sob slip out. She let go and wiped her eyes again, laughing softly. "Sorry...it just...it's all so much...and knowing that Kuro blames himself...he shouldn't...he really shouldn't...he's kept this family together more than he knows and he's taken a lot of weight off my shoulders..." She looked down at her arm, picking it up with her good arm and looking at some of the scars. She looked over at Ari. "Thank you...I'm not going to give up...I promise..."

Lexi heard Lysander speaking to her a while ago, but she couldn't be bothered. She went online an chatted with her "friends", giggling to herself everytime they joked and stuff.

After a while, Lexi felt a little hungry, and wondered if she should go down and grab some food. After much hesitation, she tiptoed down, and sneaked to the opening of the kitchen. Her sea green eyes glimmered when she saw the kitchen was dim and nobody seemed to be there. She did a foward somersault to the fridge, having a feeling she was in some kind of mission impossible. She opened the fridge as quietly as she could and grabbed some Edam cheese and bread before closing it again.

"I don't remember chopping onions." Ari replied as she noticed Theo's tears. She was surprised when she received the hug. "I remember when you used to choke me with that arm." She teased as she smiled happily. "Well, Kuro is Kuro and you know he would try anything for you guys. I remember when he first started helping out around here. He wouldn't stop until he got things perfect. Wheter that was cooking or if it was cleaning but if you don't want him to blame himself than just get better." Ari replied as she poked Theo on the side. "That would be the only thing he would ask for."

As Theo said her last words she noticed Lexi do a somersault to the fridge and eyed her curiously. "I don't think you have to worry about her being knocked up. I think she probably is some sort of ninja or assassin when she goes out at night." Ari replied nonchalantly as she watched Lexi raid the fridge. As Lexi closed the door softly Ari began to wrap her arm around her neck as she poked her head lightly. "I will bribe you with as much Edam cheese and bread that you can think of if you can stop giving your sister heart attacks... Or if you at least stop this crazy mission impossible stuff. I swear the last time I booby trapped your fridge it was to get at Theo but I did't think you would open it." She whispered quietly as she looked into Lexi's green eyes.

"Heh, well, you know how sensitive I am to onions..." Theo said as she wiped her eyes again. "Kuro blames himself for this?" She asked, flopping her bad hand back down to her side. "It isn't his fault...I was the one driving the car...it's my fault.."

She looked over at Lexi and sighed. She rubbed her eyes and ran her fingers through her hair, then looked over at her little sister again. "Where were you last night?"

((Oh damn....never mind >u>))

Lexi didn't reply either Theo or Ari. Instead she kept herself looking in front of the fridge. Why are these people so nosy about her life anyway, she thought to herself, while trying to think if an excuse.

Slowly, she turned to Ari, and mumbled something incoherent, in hopes she would just not disturb her, before turning to Theo. "I was out..having supper I guess.." She replied, slowly, not looking into Theo's eyes.

Lennox walked up to the front door of his house, taking a breath. He was worried about seeing Lysander. . . his twin being blind sounded--pretty bad. He was scared. He had arrived in the state about twenty minutes ago and gotten a taxi home, he hadn't wanted to bother any of his siblings. He actually had pretty good news to tell them, himself but he felt bad having good news when the others didn't seem to.

He knocked on the door, adjusting one of the two bags he had been holding. He had left a lot of his stuff back at his school but he figured he should bring a couple things home. He had some clothes he didn't like so much that he could give to Lysander.

"Having supper? All night? Stop fucking lying to me! I know mom and dad aren't here but..." Lexi got really, really lucky. Theodosia looked up when someone knocked at the door. She sighed. "Ari, please knock some sense into her...please?" She slouched and walked over to the door.

She opened it, looking stressed and horrible and pissed off, but brightened immediately. "Lenny!" She threw her good arm around his neck and hugged him tight. "Hey!! Oh my god we've missed you!" She kept hugging him, with just her right arm, but hugging him tightly all the same. "How've you been??" She asked, still not letting go.

Lexi looked up when she heared the knock from the door. Seeing that as a route of escape, she quickly walked to the door while saying to Theo and Ari "I'm getting it."

Lexi opened the door, where Lennox was standing there. She scanned him from top to bottom like a scanner. Finally, she looked at him and said a quick hi before running back up to her room with her bread and cheese.