Dependent

"I've been good," Lennox smiled, wrapping his arms around his sister as best as he could with his bags over his shoulders, "I actually have something to tell you all--let's go inside."

He noticed the fact that she was only using one arm and he had been also been aware of the face that she had been the one driving. Was her other arm hurt or something? That would be the most logical answer, after all. He hoped it wasn't too bad. He knew that she was into sports and stuff. She would need that arm.

((it's ok, Neko :) ))

Theo let go of him finally and let him inside. "Kuro and Lysander are upstairs, you just saw Lexi go past, and Ari's in the kitchen..." She shut the door once he was in and took one of his bags for him. "Kuro! Lysander! Lenny's home!!" She called happily. She'd yell at Ari later, but she was pretty much at the end of her rope with the girl. It was easier to just...ignore her and let her do what she wanted than start up an argument that always turned into a huge, outrageous fight between the two girls...

Lennox set his bags down in the front hall, heading into the kitchen and waving at Ari once he saw her. He was pretty glad to be home. It was nice to be around his family again. Family was always important to him. They meant a lot.

-

"Lennox?" Lysander murmured to himself, knowing that he needed to get down there to see his twin, "Kuro? Can you please help me get downstairs?"

He didn't really want to ask for help but he figured he couldn't get there himself and Kuro was. . . nice. He would probably help.

Lexi closed her door room and started to use the computer again. This time, she was on the computer to check if her crush was online. Nope. Disheartened, she plugged out the main plug for the computer and went to her small round table in the center of the room, where she dumped the cheese and bread there. She sat down and crossed her legs, eating the bread and cheese, daydreaming about her crush. His dreamy baby blue eyes, his jet black hair, blacker than hers, they were all so perfect. She sighed, knowing she's out of his league and stuff. She swallowed her food and plomped on her bed.

"You know... I watch you on that thing every day and can't believe you have remained sane." Ari replied as she within her window. She had opened it and used the trash can to reach the second floor and walk the roof to reach it. She remembered when her and Lexi were once close and they used to jump into each other's windows all the time. She was happy that she still remembered how to do this. She glanced as she began to look at the table. "You aren't out of his league." Ari replied sheepishly. "Stop downplaying yourself like you always did and stop hiding away. I always remembered you were the shy one but you were also the cool one. I remember when you saved a bunch of little kids from some bullies. You still have that heart. It definitely is worth a lot today. Where people hardly even care about emotions anymore." She replied as she jumped in and sat opposite of Lexi. She took a piece of bread and began to eat slowly. "I know you talk rarely but we have always talked, even when you hadn't wanted to."

---

"When I told you to bring a guy home I didn't mean your brother." Kuro replied as he wrapped an arm around his neck and pulled him in close teasingly. "Let's go." He smiled as he helped him slowly down the stairs making sure not to let go of him.

As he saw Theo and Lex he smiled. "I heard Ari was here... Hope you two don't cause trouble with guests around."

Theo looked back towards the kitchen, then shrugged. "Well, she was here..." She smiled and watched the twins, then looked over at Kuro.

She narrowed her eyes at her older, adopted brother. "I need to talk to you later." She said sternly, like he was in trouble. He wasn't. She wanted to talk to him about what Ari had told her. She looked back at the twins and smiled. "How was your trip, Lennox? You look pretty tired."

"I'm going to die. Lys, I leave the house to you. I trust it will be in good hands." He replied as he heard Theo's scolding. He hated when people were mad at him and felt on edge as she stared at him. "I'll get my things and move out. Len can take my room. Don't have enough room in this house for that many people." He replied as he smiled at Lennox and gave him a wave.

"Great to see you though! Hope thing have been going well." Kuro replied as he reached to grab a backpack from the nearby closet.

"Damn it, Kuro..." She sighed and walked over, grabbing him by the elbow. "You two have creepy twin time!" She said as she dragged Kuro upstairs and into her room.

Once they were in her room, she shut the door, folded her arms, and glared at him. "What's this I hear about you feeling like everything's your fault? Mom and dad leaving and the car accident...?"

"Geez... Gonna kick me out before I retrieve my things?" He teased as he felt her drag him upstairs. "If I don't come back you can take my left leg. I leave that to you." He said to Lysander as he felt himself being taken to her room.

Once she stopped and stared at him he tried to crack a joke to lighten the mood. "I think we can't do what you might be thinking with your brother downstairs but if that is what you wish." He pretended to take off his shirt as he listened to her talk. He froze for a few seconds and just shook his head sheepishly. "Nothing you should worry about. You should be fine. Just what anybody would think if their family was in a wreck." He replied as he seemed to be telling himself these things.

Lexi glanced at Ari and managed a small smile. She sat up and looked at Ari. They were once close, but after she finished middle school, something made them get more distant towards each other. Lexi didn't know what made them become further away from each other.

"I missed talking to you.." She whispered softly. She got down from her bed and sat next to Ari, knees brought up to her chest.

"I..don't think he knows I exist," Lexi started softly. "I think..he's dating a girl, one of the cheerleader people...she's so pretty. And I'm not. I look like a mismatched girl who has black hair and green eyes. Who likes these kind of girl anyway?" Her eyes welled up in tears, an she brought her head down.

When she turned around from her door to see him taking his shirt off, plus what he was saying...her entire face flushed bright red and her eyes widened. She swallowed hard and looked away. "That isn't wh...I...ugh!" She rubbed her numb arm, wishing her blush would go away. She could feel it burning her cheeks and all the way back to her ears.

"Look...the car accident can't have been your fault. Ok? You weren't even in the car. I was driving. I shoulda seen the guy, and..." She took a slow breath. "And you help me out so much with everything. You really do. I'd go crazy if it wasn't for you and Ari helping out." She looked down at her arm, lacing her fingers together to pull her injured arm up and kinda look at her hand. "I really appreciate everything you've done for us."

"I still consider you a good friend." Ari smiled at Lexi as she sat closer to her. "You were always fun to talk to and I always told you that you could climb in my window. I remember that one day I tried to jump on top of your trash can but instead fell into it." She replied as she laughed softly. "Luckily, Kuro makes good food so I didn't smell that bad." She then listened to Lexi's story and looked up at the ceiling.

"I missed you to... And I am here now." She poked Lexi's shoulder. "And never forget my offer to bother me in my bedroom. I can't afford a computer like you so I mostly watch t.v. but man that is addictive." She replied.

Ari tilted her head as Lexi talked about the boy. "He is dating people for looks? Tsk, you are a very pretty person! You beat me when we had that class beauty pageant in middle school. I even still remember voting for you." She frowned as Lexi began crying and began to stroke her head softly. "Also, that is a very beautiful and rare match. You just haven't found the right boy. I can tell you a secret if you want. I always remembered that I wanted to be like you when we were younger. We were the same age and like sisters back then. I just always thought you were the better one." She replied as she tried to cheer Lexi up. "Plenty of guys though, I know that may be a broken record but if he is taken you should keep looking if he isn't though I say give it a shot. You probably have much better chances than most people." She hugged Lexi softly and grinned.

"What did you do last night by the way?" Ari asked.

---

He laughed lightly as he saw her cheeks redden. "Don't worry, just trying to give you a heart attack." He smiled as he straightened his clothes. As he saw her reaction he blushed slightly. 'Wait... Does she think of me as something more...?' He was a bit surprised as he thought but shook the idea from his head.

He quieted as he listened to her words. "I should have driven you all. I shouldn't have let you go that day. I should have done something. It just goes through my head every day." Kuro replied as he continued to listen. "I should have done more. You guys didn't deserve that and I didn't do much." He replied as he looked at her arm and looked away angrily. "You shouldn't appreciate it unless that gets better." He looked at her arm. "I could never appreciate myself with your brother being blind and for you being injured. I just can't." He replied simply as he looked at her. "Just isn't what I should do."

Theo stood there as he talked, and even for a moment after he was done. She reached up and slapped him suddenly, right across the face. "I drove to school, I drove home. It's what we did every day! You couldn't have known it was going to happen! I should have been paying better attention! Instead, I was arguing with Lysander and...I mean, our light was green, but it...he just...I...th..." She sniffed suddenly and turned her back to him, wiping her eyes.

"None of this is your fault, ok?" She asked, hugging herself with her good arm and trying not to cry. "You're not doing anything but helping to make it better. And you're making it better. You're helping so much..." She sniffed.

Being hugged by Ari was the nicest thing she had received in a while. The last time she was hugged was when, exactly? Ari really knew how to make her feel better, every single time she felt sad. Lexi hugged her friend back, tightly.

She released her, cleared up her tears and when Ari asked her what she did last night, she froze a little.

"Don't tell to anyone else.." She whispered softly, looked around, making sure nobody was around them, before continuing.

"Last night, I was asked to go out with my friends, you know? Then, we had supper, and...I ordered for some water, and I went to the toilet. After I came back I drank my water and...." She drifted off for awhile, trying to recall what happened.

"After that..all I remembered is that I was on a street with a little headache. And I realised it was the next day already..."

Ari rubbed Lexi's head softly. "I won't tell anyone but... You need to be careful. What place was this?" Ari replied as she looked at her softly. Her fist clenched as she continued to listen to the story. "Those aren't friends Lexi... I need to know what place this was. Do you remember anything else that happened?" She whispered as her hand rubbed her shoulder.

---

He stood there a bit shocked as her hand swiped across his face. He froze there for a second before touching his cheek. "I should have been the one to be blind, to lose an arm or to suffer that. Do you think it would make me feel better if I saw all of you become injured as I lived off your kindness this entire time...?" He replied as he looked down at the floor.

He listened to the last of her words and nodded. "I'll just keep my opinions to myself." He replied as he closed his eyes and tooka deep breath.

"You're not...you're not listening." She sniffed again, reaching up to wipe her eyes. She was still kinda trying to hide the fact she was crying, but she wasn't doing a very good job. "Stop feeling guilty. It isn't like you were the drunk in the other car...they said that guy died..and if it had been you...Kuro, I don't know what I'd do if you left us!"

She finally turned around but kept her head down. She stepped up and just leaned against his chest, sniffing more and hugging herself with her one good arm. "I j...just...I wanted to thank you for how much of a help you've been and...and to tell you to stop feeling guilty because I love you." She buried her face in his chest. "We all do." She added quickly. "You're...you..." She hiccuped and just started crying.

"Just calm down. You do enough and more than you realize. I'm not going anywhere." He reassured her as he stood still. He could feel her against his chest and hugged her softly. "I just don't want any of you guys to be hurt and I love you all back I just wished I could have done more." He replied as he seemed to talk to himself. He seemed a bit taken aback at what she said but just nodded in affection. "I will be here for all of you. Especially if you guys need me." He scooped her up and placed her on her bed as she cried. He remembered doing so once a long time ago when she had injured herself. He carefully placed her on her sheets as he made sure she was comfortable. "You still have some time before you fo to the doctor so you should rest till then." He replied before poking her head to try and cheer her up. He touched her injured arm softly to make sure it was alright.

So many years ago she had still blushed a little at having him so close and on her bed, just like she was doing now. She sighed and put her head back onto her pillow. "Ari said she'd drive me, if you're busy with the twins or Lexi or whatever." She looked over at her arm as he touched it. "I don't feel anything from like..." She brought her other arm around and took his hand, putting it halfway up her upper arm. "There down." She let go of his hand, blushing. God, the thoughts running through her head were wrong...

She sighed and brought her good arm up and draped it over her face, half to hide the blush, half to cover her eyes. "Can't move my elbow, can't move my wrist or fingers...I can kinda move my shoulder though..." She wiggled her bad arm a little bit via her shoulder.

"It is fine. If you want her to take her I am fine with that." He replied as he noticed her blush. "Why do you always remain as red as a tomato when I touch you?" He asked as he poked her side. He frowned as he realized she couldn't feel much of her arm. As he reached the bottom of her injured arm he grabbed her hand. "Why is running through your mind?" He asked.

"You will have feeling in this hand someday I promise." He replied smiling as she tried to move her arm. He moved her hand for her and settled it within his fingers. "I promise."

"N-nothing!" She moved to sit up, but let him keep playing with her hand. "Nothing's going through my mind!" She looked down at their hands. He was holding her hand. Like..fingers-laced holding her hand. And he was holding the hand she had no feeling in. She sighed and flopped back down so she was sitting, putting her good arm back up over her eyes.

"I can still play soccer with one arm...don't need arms for that...so...even if they have to cut it off or something...I can still play soccer...just...not volleyball and softball...I'unno, I could probably manage volleyball still..."