Dependent

He laughed as he pressed her back down so she could rest on her pillow. "You are lying to me." He replied as he teased her. He saw as she looked down at her hand within his palm. As she moved he snatched her other hand from her face and held it. "If you wanted to feel my hand you just had to say so..." He said blatantly as he looked at her. "Plus, I want you to do whatever you want. Whether that be a pirate, astronaut or whatever you wanted to be." He smiled. "Still good at soccer though?" He raised an eyebrow.

She blushed and smirked. "What if I want to be an astronaut pirate? A space pirate?" She looked at their hands again, chewing on her lip. Yeah. She was totally lying to him. There was a lot going through her head right then.

She looked up and narrowed her eyes at him at the comment about soccer. "Of course I'm still good at soccer! I'm the best on the team! I'm so fast on my feet the other girls don't know what to do!" She smiled. He just had this way of calming her down and making her so happy...and blushing like the teenager she was...

Lexi tried to recall where she went. "I think....it was some kind of family restaurant in the city," she looked at Ari with tears, and spoke again, her voice shaky.

"Why do all my friends backstab me with all this shit?" She looked down, her eyes watery. "Why can't anyone be trusted? After all these years, the only realiable friend," Lexi looked back at Ari again, "is you."

"Now, now... You don't have to steal my dream." Kuro replied as he stuck his tongue out and rubbed her hair. "And sheesh... If my food is that horrible that you will commit to cannibalism then all you have to tell me is to order takeout." He replied as he saw her nibble her lip. "If you need to tell me something you can do it. I am not as big and scary as you might think." He teased.

He tickled her side as he heard her enthusiasm. "That is at least great and if you can't do that you can at least compete for the reddest tomato contest." He replied as he mentioned her cheeks.

---

"I'm gonna kick their ass!" She replied as she growled. "They won't hurt you again! I promise." She pouted as she tried to cheer Lexi up. Then she saw tears begin to form in the corner of her friends eyes as her heart began to sink. "I... It is because they are idiots and aren't worth your friendship." She breathed as she gave her a reassuring hug. She was kind of bad in situations like these but she genuinely wanted to help. As she heard the final words she looked down at her legs. She was the only reliable friend Lexi had ever had and she left her for all those years. Lexi had tried to fill that hole in her heart with the internet but as she looked at her childhood friend she knew that hadn't worked. Ari suffered the same situation. Her house was lonely and she rarely did anything else. She at times just made messes just for the heck of it to try and cure herself of feeling alone. She knew what Lexi was going through but she didn't know how to help. She was still entrapped in the same cycle everyday but she needed to break it. Maybe for her and Lexi's sake. "Let's start hanging out." Ari replied as she rubbed Lexi's shoulder. "I promise I will take care of you."

She laughed and squirmed at the tickling. She tried to push his hand away, but he was still holding her good one. "It's nothing. I'm fine." She stuck her tongue out. "And you could compete in the biggest jerk competition! I don't look like a tomato!" She rubbed her cheek against her shoulder and looked down. "And your food's good...that macaroni and cheese was delicious, thank you." She looked up at him and just gave him a soft smile. She gave his hand a squeeze with her good one and sighed. She really didn't want him to leave her room. It was so nice having him just sitting there with her. It was like she had nothing to worry about...

"It's okay, you don't have to.." She replied her. She felt comforted when Ari hugged her. It was warm and full of sincerity.
Lexi smiled gently. "I know you will." and nodded her head, "Sure, lets hang out. I'm free anytime. The Internet can wait for me, cuz you're more important." She laughed softly. Lexi wished she could become less addicted to the Internet now, since she's going to spend more time with Ari. She needed to break her bad habit of being on the Internet everyday.

"I don't believe you." He replied as she denied to tell him the truth. He grinned. "I will just have to tickle it out of you." He replied as he continued to tickle her side as he held her hand. "Biggest jerk competition?" He tilted his head curiously. "I don't know what you are talking about and your head is big and red like a tomato." He teased. "If I didn't learned how to cook I believe we would have starved to death." He replied as he squeezed her hand back.

---

"I have to. I always had your back." Ari replied as she rubbed Lexi's shoulder. "I was going to recommend bumper cars but I realized how bad of a suggestion that was." She replied sheepishly. "What do you do besides the internet anyways? Ready yaoi? Watch anime? Eat cake?" She replied jokingly. "We can do whatever you want. I don't mind." She smiled as she saw her friend cheer up.

Lexi laughed softly. "It's okay," she replied. She started thinking of what she actually do, other than spending massive amounts of time on the Internet.
"Hmm...I guess I pretend to be a spy or assassin or something when I'm hungry..and yes I love cake, especially jam cake!" Her eyes glittered when she said cake. She loved cake, and it's a wonder why she isn't obese.
"I guess.. I go out sometimes, just walking around..and oh! I do read manga. I order them online.." She continued.
"What about you?" Lexi asked, "what else do you do?"

She laughed loudly, squirming around to try and get away from the tickling. "Not fair! I'm defenseless! You're tickling a cripple you ass!" She laughed as she yelled at him, trying to pull her good arm away to get some sort of defense against him. "And I'm not a tomato!!" She kept laughing hysterically. She was really, really ticklish.

"I say we bake a cake!" Ari replied as she poked Lexi's nose. "And a ninja or assassin huh? Well, after we bake the cake lets invite Kuro, his friend 'ruba and we can also get Theo and I know you guys have it rough but this will be for fun." She smiled as she glanced at her. "We will make the cake and hide it and whoever finds it eats it and gets to decide where we go on vacation. I haved saved up enough to go somewhere for a week so how do you say?" She smirked.

---

"I know. I have to take advantage of it while it lasts." He smiled as she continued. "Your head is big and red. Can't prove it isn't a tomato." He laughed as he let go of her hand to give her some form of a chance.

Once her hand was free, it immediately shot out to try and tickle him back. The best defense is a good offense, right? It was a little hard, from how hard she was laughing and the fact she only had one arm to use, but it was fun. It was actually the first time laughter filled the house since the car accident...It was the first time she laughed, the first time she reallytruelysmiled and was happy.

"Sure.." Lexi managed a smile. She knew Ari is trying really hard to cheer her up, and she too, want to do something other than computers.

"Let's go get the ingredients and make a cake!" She said, her voice full of excitement. She took Ari's hand and went downstairs to the kitchen.

He chuckled and used her pillow as cover. "No." He stuck his tongue out teasingly. "The rule of this household is that only the females that live here are allowed to be tickled." He laughed as he patted her head softly.

"Gah!" Ari replied as she realized she cheered her friend up. "I don't know how to make cakes!" She replied as she was dragged downstairs. She caught her breath as she gave Lexi a glance. "Even though you never move from one spot you somehow have retained the speed of a cheetah." She joked as she stuck a tongue out. "But I don't know how to make a cake. I usually order Kuro to make one for me or steal some when he makes one for you guys." She smiled.

Theodosia took a deep breath and let it out laced with more giggles. She grinned at him and sat up. "You're horrible, you know that?" She blushed as she looked at his face, then looked down, deciding to poke at her arm some. She was smiling though. "And I'm glad you're here, Kuro...you make everything seem like it isn't so bad..."

Lexi stopped in her tracks when she heard Ari said she could run like a cheetah. "N-no I can't.." She replied. She widened her eyes when her friend said she couldn't bake a cake, and laughed.

"Sure, lets get kuro to bake a cake. Then we're going to steal it from him!" She mocked a maniacal laugh before running downstairs again.

"I'm glad I make horrible things look good by comparison." He teased as he ruffled her hair. "I think your what really holds the family together."

---

Ari gave her a look. "Faster than a Cheetah then? Geez, I thought you were modest." She stuck out her tongue. "And I wouldn't mind stealing the food he makes." She smiled as she watched her friend dash throughout the house. "Even though you simply stare at a computer screen you are as athletic as ever... I have to be jealous of that."

Theo smiled and shrugged. "I try...it's hard though, I mean...I'm 18 and it's like I've got three kids of my own running around...'cause mom and dad are suddenly too busy with themselves or whatever...I mean, I understand reconciling after a near-divorce, but it's been three years...they need to get over it or just fully abandon us already..." She leaned against his side and closed her eyes. "That was all out loud, wasn't it..?...That was supposed to just be in my head..."

"It is fine. It isn't your guys fault. Trust me, this is much better than what I had. I don't know if I added to their strain but still thank you for inviting me into your family. I think you still are the leader regardless. I view you as all kids though you just have the most threatening bark. They will work things out when they do." He smiled as he poked her. "Just feel free to speak your mind. I don't think hiding secrets will help this family any."

Once Lennox had finally gotten Lysander to eat he took a seat at the kitchen table with a sigh. He still had to tell his siblings about the money but he wasn't sure where they were at. Maybe he could help pay for a surgery so that Lysander could see again. He wasn't sure if such a thing existed for whatever Lysander had but he would offer. He had plenty of money, now. He didn't need to use it on clothes or other selfish items when his family was in such a state.

"I think hiding some secrets are good for this family." Theo muttered, getting up. She stretched, sighed, and smiled at him. "Come on. I'm fine. Lets go back downstairs." Before I get horrible ideas. She thought to herself. She smiled though, and walked downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Hey, Lenny." She walked up behind him and gave him a one-armed hug.