Demons {With Sen}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akio waited for the teacher, wincing in pain as some of his bruises hit the ground. God they hurt. Quite suddenly, Akio grabbed the dagger that had popped out of Tigers chest and knocked the gun away hoping it was too quick for him to shoot.

Akio knocked back his right hand, but he had forgotten about his left hand. Grinning, he pulled the left pistol's trigger, multiplying the bullet to make sure it would go straight into his skull.

Akio's eyes went blank instantly, and he fell still. The dagger dropped from his hand, and actually pierced his stomach. But of course he didn't feel it.

Tiger sighed, lowering his left hand. He walked slowly to his fallen right pistol, glittering on the ground. Picking it up, he looks at the teacher, waiting for the signal, his back to Akio.

The bullets popped out of Akio's head and his eyes opened. With a small groan, he rolled onto his side and got up painfully. He looked up to the teacher.

"Good job! That was an intense short battle. Akio 8/10, Tiger 9/10. I expected you to get full marks, I'm disappointed." The teached clapped his hands and wrote down the marks.

"Sorry, sir." Looking behind him, he held out his hand for Akio.

Akko smiled slightly and took his hand, pulling himself up. "Thanks," he mumbled. "Well that's a better score than usual."

Tiger laughed, "What do you normally get?" He felt a bit guilty, shooting Akio like a madman, but he was also proud that he could put up a fight. Akio had a lot of potential. Behind them, the teacher called out more names and directed Tiger and Akio back to their seats.

"If you want, go take a short break. We'll be doing team fights next, focusing on sword techniques."

Tiger decided to stay, he wasn't really tired or thirsty. He was out of breath, but by the time the next few fights finished he was sure he would be back to normal. He was annoyed at this week's weapon focus though, he was used to fighting ranged, not melee like swords. He was better off with a gun, but he knew he needed practise on how to fight with a sword. The table containing all the weapons was pushed out from the floor, and the teacher taped a rather large piece of paper on it which listed the team fights that would start after the one on one fights. Pact partners often fought together, and from afar Tiger could see he was paired up with Dragon. He breathed a sigh of relief, at least she knew how to handle a sword, that fact made him relax a bit. Looking across the sheet, he spotted a single name, Akio. "Oh god, why."

Last edited:
"Fives and sixes," Akio mumbled. He didn't need a break either, not too tired. He sat down, then groaned when he heard what the weeks weapon of choice was. He didn't want to do it. Not that he wasn't good at it though. When the teacher taped up the names for the team fights, his eyes went wide. What was with this teacher? Putting him against Tiger, again? He almost wanted to go up to the teacher and say that he was feeling sick and couldn't fight. He knew that the teacher only knew about five percent of what he could do. And of course he was against Dragon as well. Dear god. He was just going to have to go on the defensive. But he wasn't scared of being hurt, oh no. He was scared of hurting them. Akio put his head in his hands. I suppose I could teach them while I'm at it, he thought. But he didn't want to hurt their pride at the same time. I guess, he thought, I'll say something if they're truly terrible.

An hour past slowly, one paired called up every 5 to 10 minutes. It was fascinating watching everyone use their own style of fighting. Some prefered surprise attacks, ambushing their target. Others rushed head on, and others confused their opponents with lightning speed, weaving in and out of attacks. Halfway through, Dragon left the room to get her own personal weapon, he knew she didn't like the weapons offered to all the students before battles. After a short break, Dragon returned as the teacher called up Akio, Dragon and Tiger to the stage. From the table, Tiger picked up a simple silver Western long sword with a silver cross-guard and a black wakizashi, a thirty centimeter traditional Japanese sword usually accompanied with a longer sword. Since he was used to using dual weapons, he decided it would be a good idea to use two swords as well. He secured the wakizashi on the left side of his belt.

Dragon brought her own sword, a gift from her mother - Lady Otohime. It was a beautiful cream and black colour themed uchigatana, a sixty centimetre blade with a triangular guard. Concealed in a black sheath wrapped in decorative pearls, the sword was appropriately named 'Mother Pearl'. Unsheathing it, she swung it about menacingly, getting a good grip and feel of it. She grinned at Akio, "Don't hold back, a dragon can be just a deadly as a tiger."

The teacher looked at Akio, eyebrows raised. "And what kind of sword will you use?"

Akio sighed softly, and looked to the teacher. "I'll use my own." He quickly left the room, coming back with a simple katana. It didn't have many decorations, besides an etching along the hilt. However, the blade seemed to disappear if viewed at the wrong angle. It was hard to tell what it was made of. The sword was a gift from a friend, and it was actually made of diamond. But he had whispered softly to the sword and the cutting edge had dulled slightly so he wouldn't cut through their swords. Sword in hand, he walked up to the teacher. "Do you want me to hold back?" He asked quietly, making sure the other two couldn't hear. He wasn't sure what the answer was going to be.

Dragon placed her coral staff near the teacher's podium, followed by Tiger's pistols. The teacher looked at Akio oddly, "Hold back? Don't do that. Fight with all your might if you want a good mark." The holographic trees disappeared with a zap, and rocks that towered over the combatants appeared in their place. The teacher took his place at the podium and clapped, trying to get Tiger and Dragon's attention. "Alright, the battle starts in a minute, we have some special rules in place. Magic will be allowed, Dragon, you can't use your wings for defence. Remember we're meant to be focusing on swords today, I don't want to see you throwing bullets and multiplying them, Tiger."

"Yes, sir." Dragon and Tiger said in unison. Turning to Akio, they clasp their hands and bowed, like their kind always did before battle. "No underhand moves, Akio~" said Dragon, singsong like. She took up a defensive stance, holding her sword horizontally in front of her. She always focused on the defensive when it came to sword fighting, she rarely went offensive. Being a dancer, she treated sword fighting like a dance, correct form over power. She had a habit of dancing around the enemy deflecting strikes, confusing enemies and setting up magic circles at the same time.

Tiger sighed, he wasn't a very good swordsman. At least he blocked more than he normally did fighting ranged. His form was adequate, and he prefered to push hard. He was going to have to use some magic to help him in this battle. Nodding to Dragon to make sure she will back him up, he took up an offensive stance, bringing his sword to the front - facing Akio with two hands on the grip.

Akio sighed again. "Alright," he muttered. "No holding back."
Akio didn't worry too much about the magic part. His sword was specially designed for cutting through and deflecting magic. His friend had thought of everything.
He stood facing them, his sword loosely by his side. He brought it up, the point facing then and bowed his head. His face went blank, as he calmed himself before looking at them. Two hands on his sword, he waited for it to begin.

Tiger rushed at Akio, drawing his wakizashi with his other hand, he stopped in front of him to deal a perpendicular blow, swinging forward to either cut him, or force him back. Behind him Dragon danced around, keeping a close eye on Akio.

Last edited:
There was a blur of light, and both of Tigers swords were knocked away. It was impossible to be so fast. Akio was still standing in the same position, and it appeared that he hadnt moved. He kept an eye on Dragon as well.

"Aah," he said, gasping. Putting up a fight, eh? I like that. He uttered a sentence of foreign language to his long sword. Looking at Dragon, dark rolling thunderclouds rolled up his arm and surrounded the sword, almost like a twisting snake. Stepping in, he thrusted his sword arm forward, forks of lightning lashing out. Dragon, being his backup magician and defence, tumbled in and swung her sword upwards, channeling her elemental magic through. The magical circle she drew on her sword with her fingers earlier glowed blue, and a mass of air and water vapours flew out of her sword, merging with the forks of lighting and creating spears of solidified thunderclouds that would probably sting.

Akio's sword flashed multiple times. He deflected all of the lightning strikes, rolling to the side and stood. He pointed his sword at Tiger, the tip of it touching his neck. Now he was going to get cocky. "Come on, give me a challenge," he smirked. "This is way too easy."

Tiger gulped. Damn, he's good. There's no way I can fight this guy with a sword. And Dragon isn't...with a growl and a flash of lightning, he reappears next to Dragon. Giving each other a look, Tiger dashes forward and disappears, reappearing behind Akio and attempting to grab him from behind and keep him in a headlock choke hold. Dragon, on the other side, furiously drew circles onto her sword, her hand snaking down the blade writing complex runes.

Akio was waiting for him. He rolled once again, looking at Dragon. He glanced to the runes, then to Tiger. Knowing he was the weaker one, Akio dashed towards Dragon. His sword blurred out of sight for a second as he slashed for her hand.

Dragon shrieked, not even her brother, general of the Sky Dragons, was this fast. Her hand was still halfway through her fifth circle, breaking her spell, she instinctively brought up her sword hoping to block Akio's. Combat was harder without her wings, her wings were her second hands, her metal fans were her third. She was meant to be the impenetrable wall protecting Tiger - and look at her now. Her sword glowed blue, and a writhing mass of tiny golden dragons poured out of her incomplete runes, swirling and wrapping around Akio. Their tails were flailing around, claws reaching out for flesh and jaws wide open. Tiger, seeing his partner in trouble, flung his wakizashi like a dart towards the golden, ugly mass of dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.