Demon Heart, Demon Throne

"No matter what, ill just focus on having a good time. But for now, all that is forgotten. Let us focus on the here and now." Iridessa said

"No matter what, ill just focus on having a good time. But for now, all that is forgotten. Let us focus on the here and now." Iridessa said

He smiles, "All is forgotten..." as he leans kissing her once more.

((Here is a question, do you just want to skip to the ball? Or is there something in the following days you want to happen?))
Iridessa pulled him closer. She felt very, very happy.

Soon, it was the night of the ball. Iridessa and five other servants, along with four peasant girls, were allowed to attend the ball. Iridessa was with her mother, who was helping her get ready. She idly wondered how Damon was.

Prince Damon stands in his room carefully tying a ribbon around his hair back into a lowly tied ponytail, in a dark colored outfit, a red undershirt, black vest trimmed with silver, and a black jacket, a ruffled accessory around his neck and black pants. He carefully puts on a simple black red and silver mask turning leaving the room, silent. He heads down to the ballroom to meet with his parents early.

Iridessa's dress was a rich green, strapless and floor length. Her hair was straight, as always, and her mask was gold in color.

Damon's parents were waiting for him in the ballroom. "There's my boy." His father yelled upon seeing Damon.

Damon scowls inwardly, "Hello, your majesty." Careful not to return the familiar term "Dad" or "Father".

His father slung an arm around his shoulders. "Tonight you pick your bride. Exciting isnt it?" his father boomed in his loud voice, grinning

"I don't want a bride." eyebrow twitching slightly. At least, he thought, Not one of the prissy royals. But I can't drop my normal attitude all of a sudden.

The queen smiled at her son. "Not yet. But once you see some of these girls you won't be able to wait." She said. The king laughed. "I was just like you Son. That is, until I met your mother. Most beautiful thing to grace this earth she is."

He can't help it: he shrugs off his fathers hand slightly scowling. "Perhaps but it may not be a girl of nobility mind you, your majesty."

The king quickly hid his scowl. "Well, your grandmother was a commoner. But the kingdom had much different values back then." The king said absently. "Anyways, the ball starts in fifteen minutes."

He walks over to a seat sitting down resting the side of his head against his head crossing his legs, muttering "This is ridiculously unneccessary.

Soon enough, guests started to arrive. Once Iridessa made it, she started to discreetly look around for Damon. Once she spotted him, she almost laughed. He looked absolutely adorable and awkward, trying to fend off the hordes of women that were throwing themselves his way.

Damon stands silently, interacting ly when it was completely necessary looking around faintly. He sighs, "This was ridiculous.

Iridessa slowly and discreetly made her way over to the prince when the crowd of people ebbed away. "Good day, Prince Damon." Iri said very formally. She had not yet sung, so she did not expect him to recognize her yet.

He blinks slightly and recognizes her voice faintly, but he could be mistaken so he'd wait for her singing. "hello, my lady." turning to her.

"May I have this dance?" Iridessa asked, her lips turned up in a smile. The prince looked simply dashing tonight. It took all of Iridessa's will power to not just grab him by the shirt and kiss him.