DedtooxEsthalia

Status
Not open for further replies.
"He damn well better be!" Rogdush said with a chuckle. "But, you know how he is. He gets distracted by shiny things. I bet he's got a bunch of shiny rocks when he gets back here." He took a few more spoonfuls of the delicious stew. "Maybe I should become shiny somehow... Then he'd probably do what I told him... Well, more so than usual." Another small chuckle escaped him. "So, how's business? Lots of people getting drunk, or just a few?"

"well, technically since this isn't MY tavern and I only work here..." She teased him, having been trying to get him to admit she deserved to have a share of the place. She finished her stew and set it down on the table, pointing out the door to the common area, which was completely empty. "It's been like this, though we get a crowd of six or seven mill workers who come in for dinner after their shifts....still not enough though...." Her mouth scrunched in defeat.

Rogdush grinned at her first comment. To him, ever since they had gotten together, she owned the tavern just as much as him. And not just his tavern, but everything he owned. He'd never told her though, as he though she thought in the same way. His grin turned into a frown at the mention of the customer status. "I'm not the only one having been recruited to the war, so that's probably the reason. It's sure as the void not the food, the service nor the hostess that is the problem." He smiled a bit at her. "But hey, we won't have much trouble because of it. I get paid to be in the army, you know. When the war ends, there'll be more people than ever here, celebrating the victory or drinking in memory of the fallen. And you and I will be happy and well off." He gave her another smile, before he finished his helmet and put it on the counter.

Annrielle smiled at the idea of having more customers, looking out into the main room and imagining the chairs all filled with farmers and soldiers alike. "That would be wonderfull" She couldn't help the dimples pressing into her cheeks with the happiness that radiated off the thought of the war ending. All she wanted was for Rogdush to come home for good, instead of only being able to visit for a few days here and there.

"I can't wait for that day to come" She turned to look at her Orc, standing up and quickly taking a seat back in his lap, never wanting him to leave. "It aches my heart too much to see you go"

Rogdush put his large arms around the elf on his lap. "It's not easy for me either. Especially not since I have to see your kin every day on the battlefield. I mean... Sure, they're in armor and armed, which makes them quite different from you. But dammit, they're the same size and color as you!" His arms separated, one stroking across her behind and the other grazing the side of her chest. "Well, not completely the same size. I've yet to see one of them with the beautiful curves you've got." He grinned, before he placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

Annrielle nodded sadly. "Unfortunately Rog, I don't see them as kin anylonger. You and Z'Greel are my Kin, as well as the townspeople...I could never see my own kind in the same light." She sighed and rest her head against his chest. "This war was pointless and my people should have known better." She blushed as Rog followed up his statement commenting on her breasts and hips.

"Hey! Those elves are warriors! Not spouces!" She stuck her tongue out. "My body hasn't seen battle, if it had, I would look just like them!"

Rogdush chuckled. "Yes, the war is pointless. Yet, in a way, I'm happy that it happened. Or else, you wouldn't have your lovely curves, and I would never get to enjoy them." He kissed her forehead again, and kept stroking his little elf. "If it hadn't, I would probably have the life of a Goblin lady on my hands, or at least many more visits to the Lizardkin's home. Well, maybe not my hands, but you get my point." He chuckled slightly again.

Annrielle sighed, rolling her eyes at the orc and wiggling off his lap. Her body still hurt from the night before and her heat throbbed with a dull, drawn out pain that made all she wanted to do was get rest.
"I'm going to go take a nap- my head is feeling strange" She rubbed her temples, assuming it was simply from the lack of sleep from the night prior. "Try to behave without me for an hour?" She laughed and kissed his forehead, feeling a bit dizzy as she walked up the stairs back to their room to lay down.

"Of course I will. It's not really that many ways I can misbehave without you, now is there? But you sleep well dearest. I hope it's nothing serious wrong with you." He called after her as she climbed the stairs. He walked out to the front of the inn and poured himself an ale, as there weren't any customers to serve.

a couple hours had past before Annrielle felt well enough to come back downstairs, feeling rested and without the headache that plagued her earlier. She walked down the stairs, flattening her dress over her body as she greeted the few customers that had come in for dinner and to welcome Rogdush back. They had crowded around the Orc while he told battle stories, smiling at her as she joined them on the floor. She smiled, letting him continue his story of glory and walked behind the bar, fixing herself a glass of water and taking a swig. Her mouth was dry and she swished the water around as she listened to Rogdush, tucking her long blonde hair behind her pointed ear as she leaned against the bar.

Rogdush smiled and waved quickly at Annrielle, before finishing the story. "...And when the elven commander turned back towards her army, saying something about how we Orcs had no chance to sneak up on her, only for her to see nothing but dead Elves and bloody Orcs!" The group roared with laughter. Rogdush finished his drink as the laughter died down and walked behind the bar and looked at Annrielle with a slight face of worry. "Feeling better love?"

"oh yes!" She cooed at him, smiling wide. "just a bit of dry mouth, it's nothing, really" She laughed, shaking her hands at him as if to scurry away his concern. "Have you been entertaining or guests? Has Z'Greel returned yet?" She looked around, not noticing the scaley thing.

"Yeah, I've been keeping them entertained with my little war-stories. And no, I haven't seen the scaly bugger, nor his huge spider. But one of the customers said he had seen something that could have been Ziggy. Or it could have been something completely different." Rogdush shrugged. "We can just hope that he'll get back here soon."

Annrielle nodded her head, feeling her stomach growl with hunger. She gave him a quick peck on the cheek as she moved around him right as a customer came up with partular demanding request. some sort of special brew that needed Rogdush's attention. Annrielle smiled at the customer and ducked into the back room, getting some soup for herself out of the pot and sitting down to eat. She ate only a small amount before she found herself suddenly running to the window, heaving and throwing up the contents of her stomach out into the shrubs in the back.

"Ugh" she held her head, wiping some sweat from her forehead and wiping the sides of her mouth. "I must be getting sick..." She said with a hint of worry, feeling dizzy again. She wiped her hands on a cloth, feeling disgusted with herself.

Rogdush put the large glass filled with a rainbow-colored drink on the bar, adding a slice of lemon to the edge and put in a straw, before looking at the customer. "That's two gold." The man gave him the money and turned back towards the rest of the customers in a rather feminine way, before Rogdush heard some unpleasant sounds from the back. He stuck his head through the back door, seeing Annrielle wiping her mouth. "Ann? Everything alright?"

Annrielle was a bit shocked when Rog suddenly popped his head in the door, but she simply smiled and nodded her pretty little head.
"yeah, I just forgot to add salt to the soup, it's bland..." She quickly lied, wiping her hands on the cloth and moving around to get the containers of left over bread she had made the day before. Annrielle kept her back turned from Rogdush, wrinkling her blonde brow in confusion. what is wrong with me?

"...if you say so honey." Rogdush said, before turning his attention back to the bar to refill some drinks, including one for himself. He had to take advantage of the fact that he had a near-endless supply of ale when he was home after all. And it didn't help that he wasn't reassured by Annrielle's words either. Why would she wipe her mouth just for a soup missing salt, after all?

The day had gone by in a flurry of dizzy spells and cotton mouth, making Annrielle seriously worried about what was happening. What seemed like a sickness had her completely run down, though she felt inclined to hide it from Rogdush; for a reason unknown even to herself.

The moon was high in the air by the time Rog had closed up the bar, locking the door as Annrielle watched him lift the heavy wood block and set it down across the door. She sat in on of the hardwoof chairs, nibbling on a peice of left over bread as she followed him with her big, bright green eyes.

Like Annrielle had said, there weren't a whole lot of customers during the day, so the day went slowly. Yet the evening came, and Rogdush closed down the inn. And before he had tome to walk over to Annrielle, there was suddenly a whole lot of knocking on the door. And Rogdush would have ignored it, had it not been for something the one outside shouted.

"HEY! LEMME IN, YA BIG GREEN IDIOT!"

Rogdush hurried back to the door, and almost threw the wooden block out of the way. And almost before he could open the door, a streak of green flashed through the opening door, and on top of the Orc's back. It was Z'Greel, who had finally returned, and was now clinging to the large neck between his arms. "ROGGY!" He shouted into his ear. "ZIGGY!" Rogdush shouted back, putting his hands back onto the Lizardkin. "Where have you been ya scaled goof?!" "Getting foods, jackass!" Rogdush stumbled backwards and landed onto his chair. "I've been here all day! What took you so long?!" "I was far away! And I didn't hear anything about it until a few hours ago!" "I told you to help Annrielle here at the inn!" "She's been fine! Haven't you?" Both men turned towards the Elf.

Annrielles eyes had gone wide when she noticed the scaly beasy of a man jump onto Rog's back. The two of them acted more like lovers than best friends, which made the little elf raise a blonde brow in their direction.

When the conversation suddenly shifted in her direction, all she could do was smile and nod, enjoying the happiness that played out in front of her with Z'Greel's return.

"He was very helpful up until he left, but even then...It's not like there was much to do other than sit around. I almost wish the Lizard had taken me with him!" She laughed, standing up from her seat and instantly feeling dizzy. Annrielle grabbed onto the chair to steady herself, placing the back of her hand to her head.

"I think i'm coming down with something, no doubt something you brought home from the battle field Rogdush!" She teased, bowing her head to Z'Greel and making her way to the stairs. "I'm happy you're home Lizard"

Status
Not open for further replies.