While her main motivation for the suggestion was to satisfy her hunger cravings, another part of Hope wanted to see if Apophis could be that big kid again, like when they first met. If he could just relax and have fun and not let the fact he was King spoil things, then it would definitely prove to Hope that he had learnt his lesson-- so watching him move about the kitchen without complain wasn't just funny. It was the proof she needed to take the plunge and try working things out with him again.

"Mm, not cooking though, is it? It's... assembling-- but you're real good at it. The best. Not as good as my Mom, mind you. She used to make, like, 80 sandwiches a day or something ridiculous like that at her workplace. It was crazy," she snorted, licking her lips appreciatively before hesitatingly moving to sit on his lap. It did feel a little awkward at first to offer up this intimacy after so long, but it only took a second for her to cuddle back into him, like they hadn't separated at all.

"I could... date you again if you still want me. I've sort of realised that I'm never getting over you, and that I want you in my life, so... we could give it another shot? I promise I won't try to murder you this time~"

It was certainly a shock to him when she clambered into his lap, but he instantly melted into her, pressing her close to his body beaming brightly. Long warm fingers went to fiddle with her ear as he chortled softly. "Well, as long as you promise not to try and kill me this time, I think we can give it another go~" Pulled away from their embrace, he looked down at her with a simper still curved on his lips. "It's late Hope. We should get to bed, I've got a busy morning scheduled. So I may not see you and the kids until afternoon, but I know you can hold down the fort while I'm gone."

And so, the next morning, Apophis couldn't join them for breakfast, but he promised to be with his children for lunch. "I wonder what Daddy could possibly be doing that's so important. He never misses breakfast with us. He says breakfast is the most important meal of the day." Stated Ally as he picked at his breakfast.

Anders sat in his high chair, eating dry cereal, and drinking milk from his bottle. He only had few teeth, so that was basically his breakfast. He shoved the cereal into his mouth, his eyes wide as he gurgled.

"I'm sure he has to be dealing with something incredibly important if he's not here for breakfast-- he never misses it, so it's something he can't avoid if he's not here," continued Hope, forcing back her own curiosity. If she spent time thinking too much, she'd just get caught up in the intrigue, and it wasn't worth spending time thinking about when there was no physical way of gaining the answer until Apophis came back. Until then, she was happy to just sit and watch the children eat their breakfast, occasionally leaning across to dab Anders' and Dax's mouths.

"...I wonder if it has anything to do with your wedding," began Avery, subtly glancing at her eldest brother with a growing smirk on her face. "Maybe Incy has decided not to marry you. Maybe he's realised how annoying you are."

"Oh shut up! He loves me, and he still wants to marry me!" Huffed Ally however once his little sister said it, obviously growing paranoia began to sprout in him. "...I'm going to go see." He stood up.

"What? You can't just walk in the meeting room, you'll get in a bunch of trouble!" Azula stated, looking at her older brother like he was an idiot.

"I wasn't going to just walk in their, stupid. I...I'm going to go spy...I can just crawl through the vents."

"But...You're too tall now. You're Mommy's height now." Mumbled Felix as he sipped on his orange juice.

"...Your right...Avery Azula, I need you two to crawl through the vents and tell me whats going on, this is important."

"Why should we?" Huffed the little girl.

"Because...If you do I'll give you half of my allowance for two weeks."

"....Make it a month." Smirked Azula. "There's this canvas that I want to buy, and it's pricey~ It'll be imported from the fairy Kingdom."

"Woah, hold up. I can't just let you two climb in through a vent. Your Dad said I had to keep a handle on you all. What sort of mother would I be if I just let you do a silly thing like that?" Began Hope with a look of seriousness-- though it melted away the moment she realised just how curious she was.

"Right, be quick and be quiet about it, okay? Your sister shouldn't be doing this, really, but they're right when they said you're too big. You're too grown up already, Alfred. Just... slow down, hm? You're getting too big," she sighed, turning to the eldest with a faint frown on her face. Ally already being her height at just 11 was scary. She was immensely proud of him, but... well, it wasn't nice to be the same height as him when he had so many more years ahead of him to grow even taller.

"He's not that tall," challenged Avery in an attempt to ease Hope's concerns, before scrambling off to find her way into the vents. She'd have done it without the allowance - she would have done it simply to hear what the secret meeting was all about. The fact she was getting money to do so was a bonus.

Azula hurried to climb into the vents after her sister. Azula would have done it without the money, but she was sneaky and wanted to see if he would offer something for her help. Soon they hurried echoes of deep voices coming from the meeting room, meaning they were close to the meeting room. Smirking she peeked through the metal bars of the vents listening in on her father's meeting.

"Sire, with all due respect the Princesses are eight years old now. They should have been engaged by now." A man, who was gaunt and had a large pointy nose that looked like a beak stated. He was so pale and had silver spectacles perched on his nose. His eyes were black as coal, and with how skinny he was he looked like a skeleton with a thin layer of skin on him. Azula didn't recognize him, but she decided she hated him. "Now, I know there is an Elven prince maybe two or three years older than they are. He should marry Princess Avery. Princess Avery is mature enough to understand-"

"No. They're only eight, I've already made the mistake of engaging my son off at a young age. Thankfully it turned out fine, but that might not work this time. Besides they're babies, let them just enjoy their childhood, and find love for themselves. Now let's get off of that asinine topic." Apophis waved the topic off, obviously annoyed that it had been brought up. "I'd like to begin sponsoring to Kehsia. Get that Kingdom back on track. And also-"

"Please, sire...The Elven country just might go to war with us. They know you are marrying your son off to the Prince of Escaflowne. They know that we'll be even more powerful. They would want to go to war unless they-"

"Johannes, listen. I'm not allowing my daughter to marry some elf. I'll deal with that country, sign a peace treaty with them. Simple. We don't have to go to war. Now back to more important matters at hand. Kehsia. I'd like to build schools there and homeless shelters. Also, build a few warehouses that make our weapons. That way they'll be more jobs there for them, and we'll have more weapons. It's a win-win." Grinned Apophis. "Then we'll have Kehsia supporting us, and they'll be a good Kingdom again. And set up a meeting with the Elven King, have him come here for a meeting. That way we can sign this peace treaty before a war breaks out."

Avery was perhaps the smartest of all the King's children, despite her tender age. She had read as many books in the library as she possibly could, and she analysed people and situations critically - she had a good mixture of knowledge that meant she already understood far more than she perhaps ought to. However, she hadn't ever anticipated that she would be the subject of the conversation; or at least, part of it.

Before Apophis' decision to be a good father, she had anticipated her and her sister being married off like Alfred was, but Apophis had changed; his feelings had changed. Since then, since she reconnected and began to love her father, marriage wasn't something she even considered or saw herself wanting. She was just a child, after all. Marriage to a boy was an icky idea that she didn't want to think about, so, even if her father refused the idea, everyone else in that room seemed eager for it to happen. She just wished that her name wasn't the one mentioned. She didn't want her sister to go through it either, but... well, Azula was often seen as the happier twin; the one with a smile on her face. Avery wasn't quite as emotional. Why would anyone even consider her for this?

Fortunately, her father didn't seem inclined to agree, so she was safe from the prospect for now. He would sort the problems out with a peace treaty, so there really was no need for a silly marriage. It would be fine!

"Let's go," she whispered to her twin urgently, her golden eyes glancing behind her with a faint frown. "I don't like that man. I want t-to go back to Mom now, tell her the good news about Kehsia."

"Kehsia is where Mommy grew up, right?" She asked in a hushed voice as she crawled back. "She'll be thrilled~! And don't worry, you won't have to marry some icky boy, Daddy is super smart, he'll protect you." Promised the little girl as they made their way back to their mother. Once leaving the vents, Azula dusted herself off and looked up at her brother who had been waiting frantically.

"Well? Was it about Incy? He still wants to get married right?" Asked the boy, obviously nervous.

"It wasn't even about you. So don't get all scared. It was more about Kehsia. Mommy, Daddy is going to sponsor your country and build schools, and warehouses and homeless shelters to make your country good again~!" Grinned Azula, leaving out the war that might happen, since she knew Apophis would handle it.

Cutting the aid to her country was the reason Hope had left in the first place and put herself through months of degradation and suffering. She knew that countless others in her homeland were doing such things as well; doing whatever they could to survive. Apophis deciding to reinstate that help meant more to her than anything else he could have possibly done.

The man had clearly changed for the better, and she hadn't loved him more than she did right now because of it.

"...Well, that's... marvellous news! I... I'm sure we could visit where I'm from when it's all better. It's too dangerous right now, but when the problems have gone away, we could take a trip, I'm sure," she grinned, scooping Dax from his highchair to coo a little to him - anything to try and get a few words out of the little boy. "Oh, it'd be lovely to go there after your marriage, Alfred. Like a little... family holiday, hm? Incy might like it-- but the boy seems to like the finer things in life, so I'm not too sure-- have you send him those letters I told you to send? To keep in touch with him?"

"Yup, I send letters all the time, he actually sent me one too~!" Grinned Ally, as he pulled out a neatly folded piece of paper from his pocket.

"You kept his letter on you? Ugh, you're so lovesick." Azula teased, crossing her arms with a coy smirk.

Ally shot her a glare, before opening it to show his mom. "See, he told me about his day and stuff, said Bexen and Hunter were simpletons~ He's so cute." He giggled, looking down at the letter happily.

"Simpletons? He does not use that word-- oh. He does. He's a charming little thing, isn't he?" Hope smiled, hiding her sarcasm well. She found Incy aesthetically adorable, as did everyone. The boy was the epitome of cute, with his little suits and perfectly styled purple hair, but his attitude was less than inviting. He was spoilt rotten and expected the world to fall at his feet. That said, Hope hadn't seen him for a whole year, so she was sure he must have matured by now. Hopefully.

By the time she saw him again, at Alfred's wedding, she was certain he'd be charming. By then, he'd be 18. He wasn't going to be some spoilt little brat. Or so she hoped.

"You're so in love, aren't you? That's adorable, honey. Just-- try and remember to always be a nice person. Incy might need reminding of that. Didn't he call Felix an annoying pest? That's not very nice. Remember to always defend your brothers and sisters if Incy says something mean about them."

"I defend them, don't worry Mama." Smiled the boy as he giggled happily. "Incy's just a little different from others. But that's why I love him so much. He's so cool and grown up. Isn't that right, Dax?" He cooed, moving to pick up his two-year-old brother, moving to kiss his cheek.

"I still don't like em." Huffed Felix, grimacing from remembering how Incy called him a pest. "I think he's stuck up."

"He isn't, he's just...Well, he's an only child. So he's different."

"He's different, that's fine. Difference is fine. Doesn't' mean he has to be cruel, does it?" Avery challenged, frowning as she tugged on her messy hair a little. Incy had smirked cruelly at her and, while he didn't say anything, he hadn't needed to - she knew he was judging her wild appearance. And it had hurt her. She was grown up and a little cold, but she was still just a sensitive child. Being judged like that by Incy hadn't been great.

----

Hey, I'm not sure if you got my message or not. I did send two, but maybe you're just not receiving them for some reason? Anyway, I asked if you'd want to skip in this RP at all - and that if you're finding it difficult to think up responses for the other RPs, we could just drop them. I don't want to make you feel like you can't think of anything to reply with c:

"He isn't cruel, he's...He just has a different way of expressing himself. Don't be so mean, Avery." Huffed Ally as he crossed his arms. "I love him, and he makes me happy. You should be happy that I'm happy."

Felix grimaced and rolled his eyes before finally finishing his breakfast and stood up. "Fine, we'll forget about him and be nice."

---

Hi! And I'm so sorry, it didn't come through, sorry!!! But we can skip, and I don't want to drop the others!

Regardless what anyone said about Incy, Alfred was clearly besotted with the kitten, however spoilt and righteous he acted. Hope was glad that the boy she had taken in as her son had these pure, loving feelings for someone. She just wasn't sure she particularly liked Incy that much-- but she was hardly going to stand in the way of a marriage Ally wanted. Besides, she only met Incy once or twice - she wasn't going to judge him too harshly based on those brief meetings.

However, she didn't get to see him again until the day of the wedding was to commence. She spent the next five years without any personal contact with the kingdom of Escaflowne, other than a few letters here and there with the Queen, Bella, about wedding arrangements and the colours that the grand hall would be designed with. Letters were the only way the two boys communicated too, with simple words and no pictures attached. Neither knew how one another had changed - in such a short time, they would have grown from children to teenage boys. It was a huge alteration, and one Hope wasn't quite accustomed to yet.

The twins and Felix were still children, 12 and 11 respectively, and Dax and Anders were no longer babies, but still, she was able to pull them in for hugs without them whining about it. Alfred wasn't a child anymore. She couldn't bring him onto her lap and hug him happily. He was 16 and far taller than she was, and had grown into a young man. As she quietly adjusted his hair for him (having to stand on his bed to be able to do so), the rabbit quietly met his gaze in the mirror, happily and proudly smiling at him.

"You look handsome, he'll appreciate it. Don't be nervous. The decorations are perfect, your siblings aren't going to cause a fuss-- I've made sure Apophis won't touch any food until the after party. It's all fine, okay? I... you're too grown up, Ally. I... I'm sure Incy is going to just love you more than ever before, okay?"

It was the day Alfred had been eagerly awaiting. Almost every letter he sent Incy he mentioned one of two things about their wedding, and about how he couldn't wait to see him again. Over the six years, his feelings for Incy hadn't changed. They were still so pure and loving. Looking in the mirror, Alfred looked at himself, happiness radiating off of him. Today was the day. He'd be reunited with his lover, married off, and it would be the start of the rest of their lives.

Ally had stayed true to his lover. He wasn't like how his father used to be. He wasn't weak to beautiful women or men. He only ever thought about Incy, and their day to be married. And now it was here. Looking at himself in the mirror, he turned around looking at his mother with a grin. "...I'm excited, Mama." He whispered happily, moving to hug her tightly. "Me and Incy are going to be married. I bet he's even more beautiful than the last time I saw him. Let's hurry up and go~" Giggled the dragon. IT was like he was a gentle giant. Sure he was tall standing at a striking 6'4, but he wasn't really cruel or mean.732b75ab8ec9e3567d2685f1c024696f.jpg

"Just... one more second, please? I... I want one more second with my son before he... goes off and gets married," she smiled, smoothing down his traditional kimono with a less than subtle anxiousness. Her hands shook slightly and, if it wasn't for the fact she could hear the guests settle themselves down in the hall, she wouldn't let Ally out of the room for as long as she possibly could. When the guests began gasping and gossiping downstairs, she knew that Incy's carriage had arrived, which was the point she rushed her son out - he had to be at the front of the altar before Incy made his appearance.

When the guests from Escaflowne made their appearances, Hope had to physically restrain herself from crying. This was suddenly a great deal more real for her and the fact her son was getting married finally seemed to hit her.

Incy, meanwhile, wasn't quite experiencing any anxiety or stress. Predictably, the boy was taking it all with a casual smile on his face; nothing really ever seemed to bother him that much. As he got out of the carriage and took his mother's arm to walk the aisle with her, he smartly adjusted his tie and gave his hair a final check before wandering into the large hall-- and promptly caused a hell of a lot of mouths to drop in surprise. Incy had been to the kingdom before, so people had seen him. He'd been a small thing, characteristic of his kind. His species weren't that tall and most men were slender and small-framed. Incy, on the other hand, wasn't. He wasn't short; he was easily around the same height as Alfred. Nor was he small-framed or slender; despite wearing a suit, he was quite clearly muscular, with a strong jawline and high cheekbones to accompany it.

Simply, he was nothing like the small thing he'd been when he was 12. He was 18 and quite clearly a strong young man now-- but he wasn't different. He was still the same as he had been back then, personality-wise. The fact he gave Alfred a smug smirk when arriving at the altar supported that.

"...Are you wearing a dress? What are you, a girl?" He murmured slowly, his deep voice slow and rather husky. "Where's your suit, Alfred? I suppose it's always left to me to uphold true fashion, isn't it? Never mind. I'm older than you. You'll learn about fashion when you're my age, little boy~"

lkn.png

He looked at Incy with wide eyes. His little kitten grew up so handsomely. He couldn't help but grin at him, even if he sort of insulted him, but he knew he was only joking. "It's a kimono, asshole~" He whispered. "And it's traditional dragon wear." He held his hands waiting to say his vows. He couldn't believe he'd be spending his life with his kitten. Sure Incy was more muscular than him, and the same height, but he was still his kitten in his eyes

After they both said their vows and put the rings on each other, he happily leaned in and kissed him, purring happily against his lips. They were finally married. They would be spending the rest of their lives together. After the wedding, everyone went to the ballroom, of course for feasting and dancing. Ally was glued to his now husband's hip. "Incy, let me feed you some cake~!" He giggled happily, holding the cake to his lips.

"I don't want cake, Alfred. Honestly, you've always been obsessed trying to feed me, having you? I just want to get a drink, dance a bit and then have sex with you. I assume you know what sex is, don't you? I know you're younger than me, but you're 16. I'm sure you've read about it," he taunted smoothly, his dimples on show as he offered one of his signature smirks. The fact he talked of sex so easily was a clear emphasis of the fact he wasn't that little kitten anymore; he was practically a man with wants and needs. And it wasn't unreasonable to want to have sex with his husband, was it?

"I want to show you who's boss, after all. You were a shit to me as kids. Pushing me around, calling me your little kitten. Now who's the little one, hm? I don't see many muscles on you, Ally-- but I like that. I like you being my little dragon," he murmured slowly, that smirk growing more and more by the second. "You're so cute."

His face ignited up instantly to a deep crimson shade. Sex? He...What? Giggling a bit, he looked away from the handsome face. "You're still my little kitten~ So I'll still call you that, and I've always wanted to feed you, don't you think it's romantic?" He asked pushing his long black hair from his face, his eyes looking at his husband's toned and buff body. This was all his. It was crazy to think that they were married. And sure he knew what sex was, but he was still so nervous, he wanted his kitten to like it, to be pleased, with him.

"Well, I guess we can drink and dance before h-heading to the room." He blushed, looking away with his own dimpled smile, looking down at his wedding ring. He was so happy he was a married man. "Come, let's go dance~"