Death to Agasaria!

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Rashid rolls her eyes,n Agasarians she swears, "it is never a time to be trusting strangers Agasarian. It is always a poor plan to trust on you do not know. I am Rashid of the Doe clan and this is Yorik." She narrows her eyes not about to tell them their destination as he is a stranger. Her eyes look over them both and she truly doesn't care too much so long as they don''t get in her way who they are and what they are doing. Besides the Agasarian looked shifty to her.

Calanthe tilted her head a fraction as he described the steam-powered machine that they were intended to find, her focus already on the pair that they were approaching. She kept her seat, back straight in a regal pose that would command the attention of an entire room if the circumstances were different. Eying Rokku for a moment as he seamlessly changed his accent and hid his face from view, she understood perfectly what he was doing. However, she didn't agree and did not really have time to tell him so. Instead, she looked toward the pair that was now within speaking distance and watched the male dismount. The female, like herself, had chosen to stay upon her horse.

She watched the female with a calm expression, taking in the complete lack of respect the woman was displaying with an absurd carelessness. It was obvious that the woman had no idea who she was addressing, other than an Agasarian 'peasant' and a female who he had called darling. Still, she introduced herself and her silent partner without hesitation. Doe Clan - not a threat. She didn't move a single inch, but small cracks formed in the ground beneath the female's horse silently. It wouldn't do much other than leave her ride stuck until Calanthe so chose otherwise.

"Trusting strangers used to be common practice, child," she said calmly, not bothering to disguise her accent as she gazed at Rashid.

So the woman was indeed a foreigner, that meant that most likely the man was as well. The Doe clan...it did not ring any bells, but there were a number of nomadic barbarian tribes that wandered the world, and like their homes, their alliances shifted. "So then you be one of them wanderers...well, what ye be doin here? Agasaria does no like to have wanderers in its borders." I said, looking at them, the hood at just the right angle to hide me, but also to let me see them. The man seemed...calm, but had an aura of danger to him. He was no stranger to death, and likely not to fighting either. The woman was a bit harder to read, but she was certainly not coming off to be the friendly type. I had no idea what they were doing here, but they were likely not suppose to be in the area.

She arches a brow, "I am welcome where ever I choose to go, I do not quarrel with your politics. However, I was not planning on being so near your country. I was captured by your enemy and brought through your countryside. Yorik and I are headed to your capital to give your people some warning and then I am gonna leave your country, mabe visit the dwarves. Somewhere quiet where I do not have to deal with your wars." Her clan was snot known for fighting.

A heavy sigh escaped Yorik's lips, listening to Rashid and the two 'Agasarians' guessing that's what they were. Most of what they were saying didn't phase or he couldn't understand it and only wished that were able to move along in their journey to the capital. Maybe it's time to just keep going and let them all continue bickering? No, he couldn't...Not with no clue of where anything is is located in the lands. So what options were left? Suddenly, a temptation, a rising urge drove him to dig..For no real reason, just to satisfy himself..Taking a tight hold on the handle and shoving the head into the dirt, placing his foot atop the head and forcing it even deeper. The pace of the digging slowly picking up, hoping that by the time his task was finished..everyone would be done with their arguing.

War.

Jartis stared contemplatively over the expansive, lush plains, productive farmlands and pastures of Agarsarian's western region as his caravan rolled along the main thoroughfare connecting the Agasarian Empire to the Republic of the Dwarves. The rumors had reached the Republic, whispered on the mouths of dwarven merchants – the Kingdom of Tarvanna had made a declaration of war. Jartis' frown deepened as he recalled the conversation he had had with his mother, Senator Adana, before embarking on a mission to Musari via Arimasnu. According to emissaries sent by Emperor Kilvan, the Tarvannian king Hrothulf had declared open war under an Agasarian diplomatic flag of peace. Jartis knew King Hrothulf did what he wanted, but he also knew such disregard for decorum was not easily forgotten – especially by the Republic of the Dwarves, a major supplier of weapons to the Kingdom.

Jartis stroked his beard solemnly. He knew that the appointment by the Dwarven Senate to oversee a shipment of weapons to Musari was not by chance or lottery. His eyes flicked to the other passenger in his steam-powered carriage – the Dwarven diplomat to Agasaria. Not since the previous Tarvanna/Agasarian war 150 years ago had a dwarven diplomat visited the capitol of Musari. The Republic tried to stay out of the politics of the two major nations in Arras as much as possible. Now, however, the Senate had voted to reach out to the Agasarian Empire to broker a weapons treaty. Jartis audibly snorted in disgust (causing the diplomat to startle and glare at Jartis) because he knew that other factions in the Republic were setting up arms deals with Tarvanna. 'We may stay out of their politics, but we sure love getting involved in their wars,' Jartis thought.

Besides being the foremost engineer of the Musari Passage, the underground mech transport between Musari and Arimasnu, Jartis was tasked with assessing the armaments of the Agasarians. Also, although no one else was privy to this information besides his mother, Jartis was personal bodyguard of the diplomat – not because there weren't more qualified applicants, but because she wanted an account of the diplomatic meeting from someone she trusted.

Suddenly, the carriage's mech motors slowed to a whir and the carriage began to slow. An envoy guard strode up to the carriage door, saluting Jartis and then in a gruff voice said, "There appears to have been a marauder ambush up ahead, sir. Four figures are mounted on horses -- one appears Agasarian, one a hill folk, and the others I have never seen before. How shall we proceed?"

Jartis eyed the diplomat. "Proceed with caution. When we draw close we will hail them. Maybe they need aid if recently attacked my marauders." The solider nodded then strode off. Abruptly the carriage began rolling again and Jartis mulled over the information. 'Strangers in Agasaria? Things are becoming more complicated already."

Shortly the carriage slowed to a stop again, and Jartis disembarked, hoisting his hammer just in case. He dropped down from the mech, iron-clad boots thudding and sending up puffs of dust, and surveyed the four figures in front of him. His eyebrows rose slightly then returned to normal as he took in the tall woman on the black stallion. 'A Daimun in Agasaria? Things definitely have become complicated.'

Addressing the strangers he said gruffly, "Hail strangers. It appears you have been in a recent battle. Have you need of aid?"

Glancing at Rokku as he continued on with his charade, Calanthe soon shifted her gaze back to the Doe female as she claimed to be welcome anywhere that she chose to go. Such a bold proclamation caused a fraction of a raised brow, but she said nothing to betray her amusement. She was curious as to whether the woman meant Imperia or not when she said 'your capital', but supposed it didn't matter what the woman assumed.

She was about to speak up but stopped herself, instead looking off to the side and watching as the man - who had been silent so far - started digging a hole in the ground. Odd. Tilting her head a fraction, she watched him curiously, wondering if he had lost his mind or if he could sense some sort of treasure underground. There was no way of knowing, but wondering was faintly entertaining.

[Short but I have to go. At least it's something until I get back xD]

"Agasaria does no like nomads in her borders, you should know that." I said, looking at the woman. My focus then flickered to the man, as he began...to dig. It was clear that we were boring him, or something of that nature. I opened my mouth to speak to the woman, and then saw the dwarven caravan. The steam powered steel machine stopped, and one of its passengers called out to us. I shook my head. This was becoming more and more complicated by the second. "So dwarves be coming here too..." I said, moving so that my hood fell lower. The Dwarf was a very important dignitary, and it was vastly likely he would recognize me. "There be no trouble. We be on our way to our farm near Arimasnu..." I said, maintaining the accent of a peasant and trying to make sure he wouldn't recognize my voice.

She quickly grew bored bored of this bickering, "Yorik let us finish our errand so that we can be on our way, I want to get out of this war bound area as soon as possible. I also do not like to be harassed by liars." She narrows his eyes knowing he is no peasant.

Jartis eyed the Agasarian as he lowered his hood, revealing his full features. He didn't recognize the man, but he suspected the accent faked because he noted the small pin adorning the man's cloak, denoting him a diplomat of the Agasarian Empire. Also, the man's smooth complexion did not for a minute convince Jartis that he was a peasant farmer. But whatever front this man was putting up, Jartis dismissed it as cause of the recent declaration of war.

Jartis did take note of their destination, though. "Ah, how fortunate we stopped. My convoy is also headed to Arimasnu, then onto Musari via the Passage. You are welcome to join us. Before leaving the Republic we were warned of possible roving bands of marauders in these parts," Jartis motioned to the riderless horses now grazing nearby, "and even possible Tarvannian scouting parties. In these uncertain times, I find it wise to travel in numbers." Jartis turned to walk back to the mech carriage, then stopped, eyeing each stranger in turn with his steely green eyes. "Even if such company each has their own suspicions of the other."

She shifts, she trusted the dwarf... the Agasarian annoyed her, she disliked his lies and felt insulted by the thought that he thought she would buy them. "We do not require traveling companions... but dwarf I do have something that perhaps you could show the Agasarians? Proof that they have been invaded, 8she digs out the flag and the map of the area she and Yorik took from the camp she was imprisoned in* as I am frequently reminded I am not welcome in this area, Agasarians are self righteous but they do not deserve to die. Yorik you are welcome to travel with them if you should like, my plans are too migrate as far away from these countries as possible as I am not welcome in either."

In the blink of an eye I had the map and the flag from the woman, my cloak falling to the ground, revealing my identity as Head Diplomat of Agasaria. "So its true...they've begun already..." I said, remounting the horse. I threw the cloak aside, and held out my hand, as an emerald green naginata like spear formed itself in my hand, slowly growing like a crystal from one end to the other. It was Yari, the dimension cutter, an ancient, magical weapon developed by the long dead founders of the Northern city of Salvean. "Calanthe, it is more urgent than ever that we make it to Arimasnu. I will not allow Tarvanna to claim any more land or lives than it already has." I looked at the dwarves as they offered to ride alongside us. I nodded at the proposal. "I would appreciate all the aid you can offer. The situation has just become far more dire than I thought. I trust your steam powered carriage can go as fast as a horse?" I said, having full faith in the technology of the dwarves. I then looked at the woman. "Go about your business, and forgive me, I did know if you were Tarvannan or a servent of them. Feel free to stay, if you like, but I think your current idea is best."

Rashid shrugs, "do not let this war spread to the border lands, its hard enough for me to make it by as it is as cities begin to reject my people more and more as the years go by, many of my people are merely traders and farmers. They are not warriors. It would be most unfortunate for us. However if you are in need of supplies I have a grudge against Tarvanna, I will help supply you. We lay at the border between you and Tarvanna. We have noticed the winds shifting for awhile, a few of us tried to warn your people, we were thrown from your cities and a few of us were arrested. Perhaps you should consider listening to the Hill people more often instead of writing us off as stupid because we don't live in cities or use your technology." She glances at Yorik, "and I owe you a blood debt, you are free to collect whenever you desire" she nods honorably.

Yorik continued digging, not really listening to anyone else or paying any mind. When he doing something, even if it was the most simplest of tasks, Yorik wouldn't rest until it was done to his satisfaction. However, hearing no one talking slowed down his work significantly. Halting once the shovel head was in the ground, Yorik walked forward making sure to grab his prized possession and slowly walked over to the dwarf and the Agasarians. Nodding towards Rashid as he was closing in distance, he looked up at all of the members and took his place at the back line.

Jartis' face didn't register surprise at all when the Agasarian snatched the flag and map, revealing his true identity at the same time. In fact, he wondered if this same diplomat had been the one present when King Hrothulf declared war on Agasaria.
</SPAN>
Setting his hammer top down on the road, Jartis leaned on the heavy shaft, listening to the slightly heated exchange between the Agsarian and the hill country woman. As his ears took in the conversation, his eyes slid over to the odd hulking man digging in the dirt. Jartis, although well-versed in the races and nationalities of Arras, could not discern the man's origin. It appeared that this person was indeed a complete stranger, an alien, if you would, to Arras. This deduction intrigued Jartis and he hoped the man would travel with them to Animasnu so he could observe how the man fared in this environment.
</SPAN>

Addressed by the Agasarian, Jartis turned his attention back to the conversation. He nodded once and affirmed, "This carriage will have no difficulty keeping up with even the swiftest of horses. I shall, however, exchange places with one of my guards as to ride horseback alongside you." He motioned to one of his guards, who dismounted, then headed to the carriage to guard the diplomat as Jartis commanded. With a little difficulty – Jartis had never mastered the skill of horseback riding -- he climbed onto the sturdy mountain horse used by the dwarfs. He slid his hammer into the harness on his back, balanced perfectly so there was limited discomfort or awkwardness in the added weight. Touching his heels to the horse, he drew closer to the others, waiting for them to proceed.
</SPAN></SPAN>

Calanthe had barely looked at the Dwarf as he approached and spoke to them, though it wasn't out of any dislike. She knew that the past had not been kind to the Dwarf/Daimun relationships, but she was not the prejudiced sort. The only reason she had overlooked him was because she was focused on current company and felt no need to answer him. She didn't require aid, after all, and had barely felt the strain of her earlier 'battle'. As her companion spoke, she remained silent, but her gaze immediately flicked yet again to the Doe woman as she spoke of being harassed by liars. She had not yet felt true harassment. Calanthe was suddenly restraining an urge to thwack the female with a very large stick across the back of the head.

"Fortunate.." she murmured absently as the Dwarf spoke of their coincidental destination. How ironic that he was also seeking use of the Passage. Amusement touched her expression after a moment before she smoothed it out to an innocent calm. "Oh, I am certain nobody in this company suspects the others of anything. Only the guilty carry suspicions," she said, looking over at the Doe woman with a small, polite smile.

For the entire exchange of map and such between Rashid and Rokku, she was silent, observing and looking around. Something was off, other than the obvious. She tilted her head a fraction and examined the horizon intently, looking at her companion only as he said her name and spoke of urgency. That was the trouble with humans, they were always in such a hurry. She nodded slightly and listened for a few moments as Rashid defended her people, but her attention was soon on the surrounding lands again. Her stallion was starting to shift, and she scanned the thoughts of the animal absently. She glanced over at the Dwarf as he mounted his own horse, nudging her stallion over to the pair.

"Relax your legs, keep a firm seat, and go with the rhythm of the horse," she instructed kindly, then moved over to Rokku. "Let us stop wasting time and ride. We're about to be attacked by more bandits and we can't afford more wild horses running around without riders."

I nodded at the woman. I remounted the horse and kicked it to a full gallop. "According to this map, there are professional Tarvannan troops in the area, and most of the Southern Provinces are now under their control. All who are with me, we ride!" I said, kicking the horse to a full gallop and speeding ahead. Musari would be well defended. In its five thousand year history, only two of its seven walls had been breached, and as the saying went, only a fool tried to lay seige to Musari. The city held over two hundred million souls, and covered a valley several thousand miles wide. So the capital was always ready, but the rest of the nation was another matter entirely. I glanced back to see the dwarf mounting a stocky horse, and Calanthe would not be far behind. The man appeared to be coming along as well, however, the woman I was not sure about. At any rate, one way or another, we were getting to Arimasnu.

Rashid glanced at Yorik her ears perking at bandits, she owed him a blood debt. She knew she was not welcome with the group, she never was welcome in groups. She would repay her debt to this man by keeping the bandits at bay and then she would travel as far away from civilization as possible. She pulled her bow out and rubbed her stags neck as she slowly began to ride in the opposite direction. She was not concerned and she did not think the Agasarian would care to take her up on her offer, although should he she would stand true and deliver. The people of the doe prided themselves on their word. They could hear the whirr of her bow as they left

Yorik followed behind the Agasarians, not entirely sure if there was a horse for him to ride. But if he had to walk, he had no problem with that. His view turned back to face Rashid one last time. She was the first person he met in these lands, and guided him to where he is now, he was thankful for that..And hopefully from here Yorik would have more friends he could count on. Turning back to quickly join up with the rest of the group, he wondered what Arimasnu was like..What sort of people inhabited the place..Guess he just had to wait and see.

Jartis nodded curtly at the tall woman's instruction, sitting stiffly in his saddle until she turned and moved back towards the Agasarian. With her attention off him, he shifted slightly, adjusting the way she had mentioned. When he felt like he had a handle on the horse, he touched the horses sides with his heels, giving it rein to trot and catch up to the others. The motion felt fairly smooth and Jartis knew it was because he had adhered to the woman's advice, but he definitely wasn't going to admit that. Behind him, the steam carriage picked up speed, catching up to the riders, the dwarf soldiers providing the rearguard. </SPAN>

Jartis mused on the thought of possibly running into Tarvannan patrols, but knew that he and his men were more than capable of repelling an attack. But they were still few, and swift haste to Arimasnu was in order. The diplomat's cry matched Jartis' thoughts and the party surged forward, horses and carriage churning up dust as they sped towards Arimasnu.
</SPAN>