Death to Agasaria!

"I'm not worried, I just do not wish.. to have to bu.." He stopped in mid sentence, unsure of how she would take what he was about to say. "to have to buy a repair on my shovel.. I trust in your skills, you seem to posses a great deal of strength.." Yorik twiddled his fingers and softly said. "And I'm glad you're traveling with me.. I was lonely before.."

"Repair your shovel? Is it not... its a shovel" She blinks confused then arches a brow, " you do not like being alone? I find other people usually only drag me down. I don't usually travel with others, however I owe you a debt. Until that is repaid I am your traveling companion."

"Yes, even shovels...dent." Trying to keep off the subject of it. "I've been alone mostly all my of life. It's just nice to have a companion..That's all...I will savor these moments." Yorik said happily, with a grin forming under his mask, too bad it couldn't be seen.

"Well I am glad to help" she smiles humming softly not really understanding the whole hammer schtick but also not caring. Everybody has their own weird things.. she was riding on a deer after all.

Yorik sat atop the horse, just watching the scenery go by. It was also nice not to have to walk and his feet could get some rest.

"Calanthe," she provided as he paused for her name. She watched him look over the few dead bodies that remained of the bandits, her eyes faintly curious as to why he was so interest. The reasoning soon became evident by way of his expressions as he examined the clothing and armor, his gaze roaming the weapons as well as recognition set in. She could nearly see the wheels turning in his head. Whispers of war had been coming for a while, but she did not usually meddle. This time, she had a feeling that she would make an exception.

"Ride one and take two others. No need to rest for hours and take longer to report. I will accompany you so that you don't show up in Musari with empty pockets and a slit throat," she said simply, mounting a large pure black stallion with an elaborate saddle and supplies still tied on.

"Yorik, do you hear that?" the plainswoman glances back at him, to be truthful she smelled it miles ago but didn't want to alarm her new quiet friend, the smell of blood and rotting flesh was always hard to miss. "We may be coming upon trouble soon get your.... shovel ready" she reaches for her bow and checks for her knives, she nods satisfied that they are at the ready.

I nodded at the woman and took two brown mares and a white stallion, that seemed to be the least difficult to ride. I climbed into the saddle, checking that everything was in order, and kicked it to a fast trot down the road. Arminasnu was days away, and time was now of the essence even more than it was a minute ago. I nodded as the Daimun mounted her own horse and stated her intention to keep me alive. "The aid is appreciated, Calanthe." I said simply. As we rode on, I rummaged around in the saddle back, and came across...not much. a bit of cheese, a loaf of moldy bread. and some dried meat. The only other thing of interest was a brown hunter's cloak. I quickly pulled it out, letting the moldy bread fall out as I did so, and tied it around me, lifting the hood up. "Well, at least fortune hasn't completely abandoned me, eh?" I said to the woman, with a fake smile.

Rashid looked at the two of them, strangers. She did not know if it was wise to meet up with them, they could be scouts. She shifts uncertain of her next move, she glances back hoping Yorik would make the decision for her

Yorik took notice too the two strangers , he felt like things were going to get ugly quick. " I see them Rashid." softly responding to her. His eyes closed for a second then reopened as he clutched his shovel tightly in both hands ready to fight if needed. "I think we should wait and see if they're hostile to us..If they aren't we're going to look pretty hostile." Yorik pointed out, but also being true that he didn't want to fight anyone really..But would so if needed.

She nods accepting this knowledge, it was inevitable that the two groups would meet up soon.... very soon. She didn't want a skirmish either, she just wanted a warm cot to sleep on and food in her belly, "I agree Yorik. They appear to be.... less then threatening as it is. I do not think they will pose any difficulty."

"You lead on then, I'll follow behind." Yorik responded, clutching his shovel so tight you could hear his skin churn.

Calanthe ran her hand down the side of the stallion's neck, murmuring softly to it for a moment. There was already a spark of understanding in the mind of the animal, which would prove useful if she didn't want to be bored during this ride. She was curious as to what information such a fine horse could provide about the unit of bandits that had attacked Lord What's-His-Face. The nickname was, of course, due to the fact that he had yet to introduce himself and she was far too amused by it to inquire as to what it was. She thought the name suited him - she just hoped that if she ever had to use it out loud, he would be as amused as she was. Somehow she doubted it.

"A pleasure," she replied easily as he spoke to her, keeping her seat as easily as one might lounge in a cushy chair. It was obvious that she was no stranger to the saddle, though she had removed the reins and tucked them away before taking the bridle off as well. Normally she would have been riding bareback, but taking off a saddle on a moving horse wasn't exactly simple if one wanted to keep supplies intact. "If it had, you would be dead," she agreed with the faint trace of a true smile, glancing at him as he pulled the cloak on. "Are your people prepared for the war?" she added, curious.

She glances back at Yorik and tried to talk loudly so that the elven rider would hear, she was aware of their sensitive ears, "Yorik I don't think you need to clutch it like that, we don't plan on doing them any harm"

I listened to the woman's question, and hesitated to answer. In truth, I was not sure. "We'll deal with what comes." Was all I could manage. I kicked the horse a bit, driving him on a bit faster, as time was now of the essence even more. "The closest major city is Arimasnu. There lies a tunnel leading all the way back to Musari, essentially an underground road, there are even small villages populated by dwarves and humans. There is an iron horse that they operate than can take us to Musari in only a day, a route which would take over a week by horse." I said, hoping that it was not in disrepair, as it often was. It was new technology, only recently developed by the Dwarven engineers, and it was prone to bugs, but it was slowly improving.

Yorik snapped out of the slight trance he was shaking his head then looking back to Rashid. "Erm, yes..right right..I'm terribly sorry."

She smiles and bites her lip plainly visible so the male companion can see them now as well. She hopes they are friendlies and not bandits.

Calanthe nodded once, accepting his answer for what it was - uncertainty tinged by anxiety. When it comes was now, and she knew that he was not too much a fool to not be aware of that. She listened with interest as he described the Musari tunnel. It was something that she had heard of but never personally visited, so it would be nice to see it. Still, the mention of some sort of 'iron horse' had her wary. New technology could be beneficial, of course, but for the most part she disliked it. So many things could go wrong. However, she could not deny that getting to Musari in a day rather than a week would be beneficial to their cause.

"Interesting," was all that she said, musing the prospect as she tapped her fingers against her thigh thoughtfully.

I nodded. 'It is indeed. It's quite an amazing piece, really. It's powered by steam, and made entirely of iron. I must say, its quite im-Who goes there?!" I shouted as two people came into view up ahead. They were foreign, that much was certain, and at the moment, I was not in the business of trusting foreigners, whether they hailed from Tarvanna or not. I pulled the horse to a stop, and dismounted, making sure the cloak hid me well. "these be dark times, and it no be wise to be trustin strangers." I said in a peasant accent that would be impossible to dispute. "Ain't that right, darlin?" I said to Calanthe, hoping she would catch on.

Yorik took notice that the two had stopped and dismounted. He rolled his shoulders, slowly dismounting from the horse and awaiting Rashid and her lead.