Death to Agasaria!

I nodded at the ancient being. "I am grateful for your aid, that much is certain, Lady...?" I said, asking for her name. As I awaited a response, I poked around the corpses of the bandits, only to find them wearing first class armor, and wielding swords of...Dwarven make? Impossible for a group of thugs. I looked closer, and found a tattered cloth with the Tarvannan insignia. This explained it all. Horthulf had been plotting this war for months, possibly since the alliance. He had brought soldiers and mercenaries to our shores...and I was willing to bet that many remained. "With respect, I must make my way to Musari, and quickly. There is little time to explain, but the soldiers of Tarvanna may already be attacking some places, it is hard to tell...I know the horses are by right yours, but may I take one? I shall see that the throne rewards you handsomely."

Rashid sat in the Tarvanna platoons cage bored to tears. She hummed to herself bored knowing that no one would dare touch her again today after what she did to them the last time, her long platnium blonde hair out and loose, her clothes ripped and various bruises covering her body. She was curious as to why they were in the Agasarian territorys... surely those nations were at war again. She was a barbarian of the hills, born of the Doe people, her clan moved around so much she didn't associate any nation as her home, although at the moment she would be willing to take arms against Tarvanna for the ridicule they had put her though. Not that she was going to be able to get out of this cage anytime soon, she sighs again cursing her luck.

Dragging his shovel along the ground. Yorik made his way across the lands. Rolling his shoulders he stopped to observe the land he wandered into. "This place..so very strange." Yorik muttered to himself moving along, he noticed there was a small encampment in the distance, perhaps there was some sort of sign indicating where he landed up. Clutching his shovel tightly he moved to the camp to see thar no one was currently present. "How unfortunate.." Yorik said with disappointment, going to turn back when his eyes caught glimpse of someone locked within a cage. This raised some curiosity to why? who? and where?

No other choice was really given, so he made his way to the cage and took notice of the bruised girl inside. Yorik didn't speak because he wasn't sure what to ask first, but judging by her bruises she didn't ask to be put in the cage, she was probably forced or beaten into it.

View attachment 10672

Rashid notices him at the last second and she looks up at him curious. She doubted greatly that he was Tarvannan because she didn't recognize him from the soldiers, with much luck he is Agasarian. She blinks wondering what he plans to do.... Agasarians don't support slavery.... maybe he would unlock her cage!

Yorik rubbed his chin, she was looking at him strangely, but not in terror or anger..But would she attack him if he opened the cage? Scratching his head for a moment, he decided to take the risk. Pulling on the cage door, realizing it was locked. Yorik grunted in disapproval, turning his sights nearby to see if the key was lying nearby..but of course it wasn't. "My luck." speaking softly to himself, he looked at his shovel and wondered..

Placing the head of the shovel on the lock, Yorik forced as much pressure as he could on the lock hoping it would break, but to no avail. Growing frustrated he began to rapidly whack the lock with the shovel, not even thinking it could possibly dent the lock so bad it breaks. Stopping after a series of whacks remembering that there was someone in the cage and she would feel the vibrations. Yorik rubbed his head and figured he could try once more by using pressure...This time when he did, the lock broke off and the cage door could be opened.

She flinches at the first hit but figures out the purpose and relaxes, when the cage opens she slides out and immediately dashes to the food having not eaten since she was captured, after a few bites she blinks, "thank you... I am in your debt Agasarian. My name is Rashid of the Doe clan, what is your name and how shall I return the favor?" She continues eating.

Watching her dash right out of the cage and to the food caught Yorik off guard. Guess she hasn't eaten in who knows how long. "Agasarian?" He wasn't sure what she meant, was it some sort of tribe or city person? He wanted to know more, obviously she knew her way around these lands and such. "Yorik, I'm Yorik..Um.." With a scratch of his chin. "Could tell me what an Agasarian is?..I do not follow.."

She blinks confused, "you are not Agasarian? From where do you hail? You are in Agasaria... there is a war going on here.... how do you not know these think Yorik(she struggles to pronounce the strange syllables)" She starts drinking down water then digs around for a blanket and new clothes/

Yorik shook his head. "No..I'm not from this land.. I've wandered the Earth for..." He stops for a moment to recall how long he's been traveling or alive for that matter. "For most of my entire life.." He said with some hesitation. "I don't know, I just got here and I came to this camp hoping to get some answers about where I was, and I saw you trapped.." A War? Oh great, just what he needed to be caught in the middle of, another war. He sighed softly knowing he was going to be a part of it. "Tell me, Rashid..What is this war? Who is a part of it?.."

She blinks finding him strange, "Agasaria is in a civil war..... I also think that their neighbors, of whom you just saved me from, are starting a war with them as well... I can think of no other reason as to why they would be here...."

It took him a moment to get that all processed within his head. He looked at the camp then back to Rashid. "I understand now. But we shouldn't stay here, we should probably go to Agasaria, no?"Any place better than anywhere near Tarvanna, Yorik had no intention of being captured today or any day..Also going alone was something he didn't want endure again, perhaps Rashid would kindly accompany him.

" I agree with you entirely. Do you know how to ride? You can steal one of their horses, my stag is around the corner...." She picks up her bags and smiles widely, "we are in Agasaria, I suggest we go to the capital and arn them of the troops here... perhaps they can overcome their differences and ban toghether to fight a common enemy"/

Yorik look at the horse puzzled. "Ride?..I think I do..it's been years.." Slowly climbing atop the horse's back trying to gain balance, holding tightly onto the reins. "Right, the captial..Yes.." Feeling stupid for not remembering that we were IN Agasaria, Yorik covered his face with his palm and sighed. "We will have to see."

She laughs, "attach a rope to my stag, just follow me. My people freely move between all nations." He sees many tattoos a crossed her skin and she attaches her bags to a brown stag who waits for her and he nuzzles her happily. "We will have to have some sort of proof that they were here as well..."

Attaching the rope to the stag, tight enough that it doesn't break loose. Taking notice of her tattoos, Yorik is fascinated by such designs and wished he could have observed them longer. "Proof...Proof.." He scratched his chin looking around the encampment looking for something that would suffice as proof. Seeing something, Yorik dismounts from the horse and walks over to one of the tables and picks up a piece of paper. After reading a bit of it, he hands it to Rashid.

She glances over the paper and a grin spreads a crossed her face. "this will be perfect. It will take us a few days to get to the capital. We have to go through the valley... there have been talk of bandits... we should be very cautious"

"We can travel through the nights, I have a lantern if that's of any help." Yorik said wanting to feel like he was useful somewhere. "Bandits?" Hoping that they wouldn't run into any of them along the way, he just nodded at Rashid. "Let's go then."

"I would not travel at night.... civil war and bandits. We will find a place to hide. And yes, I have heard many tales of bandits... with much luck we will run into some Agasarian soldiers on the way there"

"Hopefully, that's the case and not bandits..It'd be a shame." Yorik saying the last part to himself.

She chuckles, "as long as there are less then 5 we will be fine, I am adept at most weaponry and quite good at combat so do not be worried Yorik"