Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spectre

Original poster
Interest Check | OOC| IC

Interest Check

cb30049dd5d9c8c85fd680bdc8288855.jpg

Your eyes slowly open. The ground your head lie upon is thick with tall grass and white flowers. You feel a breeze, it is neither cool, nor warm, and you watch as the grass blows about like ripples in the sea. You then hear something- strange, distant, light… Something… like wind chimes?

Your body feels heavy. Much heavier than you remember. You push yourself away from the ground and realize you are beneath a large tree with beautiful, almost shining leaves. As you look, the tree gives off something of a glow… Or is it just reflecting some light from above? You blink your eyes, but everything still seems to look slightly blurry. Taking in your surroundings, the sky is a little gray. Immediately all around you is healthy green grass, and further out is spotted with shining white flowers, and what looks to be many puffy white dandelion spore heads. However just outside of the immediate area, you can sort of discern sharp hills, and maybe a path or two- but it is shrouded in a thick silvery fog.

You hear a voice, younger- but both masculine and feminine- almost as if two people were talking at once,
"Thou hast awoken…"
It spoke quickly- as if excited. It was as if it were nearby, but you can't discern from what direction it came. But- you must be dreaming?

It sends a wash of panic and anxiety over you. Clearly, you are not where you once were, and you have no idea why you are here, or how you got here. What is this? You must go back whence you came! You shouldn't be here! But, oh… where was it you were from? Surely… surely you can remember… where was it?

Hi everyone! This is a roleplay that has been designed with dark fantasy elements (i'm a huge dark souls universe fan. so there will be similar elements from that). The characters you create will have basic stats, but you will not need to do any calculations amidst play. Those are for me, the GM.

Each player post will be short-ish, likely faster 'paced', and those will be followed by a GM post that will describe the outcomes of the actions the player takes.

It's going to feel a little more table-top-y, if that makes sense… because that's kind of how i'm designing it.

This is going to be a dark fantasy world, with lots of exploration, horror, and some action, as well. Undead, demonic forces, forces of nature and chaos, as well as plenty of other shady characters await you as you try to figure out what is going on and how to get out and return home. You character will be in an unfamiliar world, and will have little memory of their identities. Your character can basically be whatever you want it to be. Generally low or dark fantasy creature races are okay- as long as they don't have some ridiculous magic ability or something. Please ask me if you are unsure or curious. I will be using character stats- but don't get too caught up in that. You'll only have a handful of stats to pull from, and a certain number to divide between them. This will allow balance. This also isn't a 100% direct representation of all abilities your character can do, it'll just help me.

I will put in place a magic system. There will be a handful of categories that you can basically do what you will with them- except assume(auto) a damage effect, or make yourself impervious or all-powerful (ie: no spell that straight causes death, revives yourself, makes you impervious, or allows mid-long range teleportation, or long term invisibility). Projectiles, cone/spray effect spells, wide area effect spells, supplemental spells, and healing spells are the general categories. I have plenty of examples of these, so if you just want me to tell you some things i've come up with let me know.

As always if you have questions- and i assume there will be plenty- please ask!

I prefer a post per day- not from EVERYONE, but hopefully someone will be posting each day as you wait for your 'turn'. I'm a flexible dude, though, so let me know if that doesn't seem reasonable. I'm setting up a shorter schedule because it's hard to remain in the moment when weeks go by without revisiting the universe.

Required writing level will be shorter LEGIBLE, GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT, and LITERATE. So think Intermediate writing skill - but shorter post length.

Pacing will be quick, and posts will be shorter- as some interactions will need to be GM vetted. Basically you will be exploring a totally fresh environment, Traps will be present, and things you pick up, or interact with may not always be as they seem...

Looking for 3-4 active players.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello~

I too love the Dark Souls series, and indulge myself in it's lore and world quite often. I am also an avid table-top player, so you have certainly earned my interest.

• Thank You
Reactions: Spectre
Glad to hear it @MaxwellH

This is going to be heavily inspired by the Dark Souls universe, though will encompass some things here and there from several other universes, as well. I'm currently putting together a few documents for when i get the IC set up. A simple character sheet, and a basic list of starting gear for people.

I'm hoping to start soon, that way interest gained isn't lost.

Seems like it'd be an interesting change of pace.

Interested without a doubt. <3 I love what you've got up there.

Thanks @Pale Horse, @CasketCase , and @MaxwellH !

I'm going to create an OOC shortly, then invite everyone to come pick up the Character Sheet, fill 'er out, then post it up for approval.

Looking for one or two more players maybe- but if i don't get interest soon- i'll be tossing people into the IC.

I'll be there shortly. Just got back in and dealing with a feisty little respiratory infection.​

Totally fine. I don't normally post on the weekends. I dropped the character sheet up there to look over. Handle it when you can!

Brainstorming which idea I want to use. Should have something within the next day or so.

• Thank You
Hello :)

I have to admit that I do not have much of experience with table top roleplays, or, to put it in harsher words, you could flat-out say 'none' as well. If there is still a slot left (I've counted three people so far), I'm wondering if this would be an issue or not.

I've a certain character idea in mind, but if I get a green light to go ahead I'd probably PM you about it beforehand to make sure it's okay.

@Spectre

• Thank You
Oddly enough I didn't get an alert. but yeah I'll say if you hop in and drop a character into the OOC I'll take a look.

@Fetzen

Status
Not open for further replies.