Cybernetics and Stuffing (LunaValentine x Cinnamon)

"Very well then. I should clean up the dishes from dinner. You are welcome to turn on the radio or television if you'd like." she said warmly as she began to get up.

"Thanks, Luna," Aiden said appreciatively. He hopped off the chair and pushed it in. Entering the living area, the toy ascended the sofa, snuggling into the comfy cushions. Spotting the remote on a side table, he crawled over, reached across, then stopped turning back to Luna with a sheepish grin. "Uh...do you mind? I can't reach...or does this thing turn by itself?"

Luna stopped and looked at him with a smile. "Ah, let me get that for you." She set aside her book and walked over to the couch. She grabbed the remote and turned on the television before setting the remote next to him. "Here you go. I will just be in the kitchen." she said before heading to the aforementioned room.

"Thanks."
Aiden switched to a pop music, quietly humming along to the song with a voice like cinnamon and honey.

Luna smiled as she started to wash the dishes. She could just barely hear him over her scrubbing the dishes. It was nice to have something else that wasn't too noisy there. She'd considered a pet but she worried she wouldn't do well with one. She tended to be more straight laced and found it hard to be affectionate with anything.

When the song concluded, Aiden switched to a cartoon channel.

Luna worked on the dishes quietly. It was nice to hear something other than the doctor talking. It was a lot more enjoyable to hear about anything but the military. Once the dishes were washed, dried, and placed in their proper places she came out.

"So...what next, lovey dove?" Aiden asked in a mock British accent once Luna emerged from the kitchen.

Luna tilted her head slightly before walking to the table and picking her book up again. "I normally read until I feel the need to power down," She answered. "I'm afraid I don't do much."

"Oh, that's fine," Aiden replied. He was more than happy to just kick back and relax, especially after the last couple days.

Luna sat down near him on the couch and began reading once more. She didn't seem bothered by the tv or anything. It was easy enough for her to focus on her reading.

Not want to disturb Luna, Aiden continued watched the TV, which cut to a commercial break.

Luna was very quiet as she sat and read. She wasn't used to having company and while reading was also researching some ways to entertain and find things for him to do.

"What's it like for other robots and humans? I mean, if rich people can live in apartments like this, what about those less fortunate. Do robots get the same luxuries?" Aiden piped up.

"There are those who cannot get a job and end up living on the streets. I would assume there are other apartments that are more average, perhaps with different security or different layouts. Smaller than this. There are houses, it depends on where you are and what you can afford I would assume," Luna answered looking up from her book.

"That makes sense...but it's just a shame people who are in the low ranks end up being left in the dust. I'm very passionate about equality, so it ticks me off when people are mistreated because of something beyond their control," Aiden sighed.

"Some people simply have no skills. Some people simply can't be trusted. There are always outliers to the norm." She said, "There is only so much you can do. If you provide everything for everyone people will stop being productive."

"That's true...and why I want to go with you to work tomorrow. I figure if people see me walking and talking and hopefully aren't weirded out by me...maybe they'll get used to me," Aiden admitted.

"You can try but people will likely always be startled by what appears to be an animated toy. Though in this day and age they may accept you for the novelty of it." Luna said as she closed her book for the time being.

"I could understand why they wouldn't, especially since being around when people watched those demonic doll movies," he grunted. "I know it's all fake, but I think they're the reason some people are afraid of people like me, same with shark movies."