Cybernetics and Stuffing (LunaValentine x Cinnamon)

Luna nodded a bit. "I suppose. But what would a little stuffed creature like you need a job for? I understand you would need a shelter of some kind but why a job?" She couldn't help but ask. It seemed strange. "You don't eat do you?"

"I don't eat, but I'd like to live like the rest of you do. You know, have a job, a home, and a car. What I am and what I'm made of doesn't matter," he said the last sentence with a hint of irritability.

"You cannot drive a car. You are much too small," Luna said rather bluntly, "But if you are a conscious mind I suppose a job would keep you busy. You don't need to worry about a home, you may stay with me for as long as you would like. I get the feeling you would not want to be alone." She didn't seem to pick up on his irritability. She had nothing other than his voice to go off of.

"Maybe I could have the car modified. Don't know with what, but I think it could work. And, no offense, but I can do fine on my own," Aiden countered. He was not allowing his size or species to get in the way of him living a productive life. "If you can do it, then I'm certain I can too."

"I was built to drive vehicles made for humans. In the event you have not noticed I have a humanoid physique." Luna said as they got to her floor. She stepped out and started to walk towards her door, the floor was well lit but was very stark and sterile looking with white walls and marble floors. "You are made of stuffing, your abilities would be somewhat limited. I did not doubt that you could work, simply that there is no way you could pilot any vehicle. Your strength alone would not overcome the resistance of a steering wheel."

"Yeah, I've noticed," Aiden nodded. He took a deep breath, trying to keep his composure. He was very passionate about equality, so someone telling him he couldn't do something because of his small, squishy physique agitated him. "Again, modifications."

Luna let out a sigh and shook her head. "You are stubborn." She said as she merely waved her hand over the doorknob. A click was heard and the door swung open on its own. The whole apartment was very large but very cold feeling. It was sparsely decorated with neutral colored furniture and schematics on the walls for artwork. She set Aiden down once inside and shut the door.

"I must begin the doctor's dinner. Feel free to use the facilities to your own content." She said before patting his head. She walked into the dining room space, across from the large, somewhat empty living room. There was a TV there but that seemed to be the only entertainment. The android set the mail on the white table and adjusted the cream colored chairs. She then went into the kitchen which was more blocked off. Everything was mostly stainless steel in the kitchen. Everything in the open living area seemed completely devoid of personality.

Aiden couldn't help letting out a little chuckle at her comment. Yes, he could be stubborn, but in this instance, he felt it was beneficial.
Nodding, the stuffed creature scampered down the coridor to the left. After peaking in a few rooms, he found the bathroom. Entering, the light and exhaust fan automatically came on...and he had to blink a few times. Everything was white: the vanity, toilet, bathtub, even the towel! Did these apartments have no style at all?
Dismissing it, he gently closed the door and moved to the bathtub. Reaching up, he grasped its plastic edge and tried pulling himself up, only to slip and fall on the floor. Grunting, he tried again, lunging forward, legs flailing. With one final push, he landed head first in the tub. Moaning again, he pushed himself upright and rubbed his head. Closing the curtain, he scooted to the faucet and turned on the warm water. He ducked under it and wetted his furry head and hands. Next, he splashed it on himself, scrubbing his body and legs. Turning around, Aiden let the water run down his back.
After rolling about in the tub for a few more minutes, the toy turned off the water and squeezed as much water out of himself. Opening the curtain, he pulled himself up and out the tub, once again landing prone on the floor. Aiden pulled the towel off the wrack and tried himself.
Exiting the bathroom, patches of fur sticking up in places, Aiden headed into the kitchen and held out the towel. "Uh...do you have a laundry room?"

Luna looked over her shoulder, hearing him speak. She was slicing up some vegetables as some meat cooked on a pan. "Yes. Please set the towel down out of the doorway and I will take care of it." She answered as she looked at him, still chopping the vegetables. "There is a hair dryer if that will help you at all."

The android returned her gaze to her task and quickly finished up chopping the vegetables. She set those aside and turned her attention to the steak she was cooking. She was working quietly and had barely made a sound since returning home.

"Okay," Aiden left the kitchen and dropped the towel by one of the doors in the hall. Reentering, he pulled a chair and climbed, hands folded on the table. "And, I think I'll just let nature take care of the drying, but thanks."

Luna nodded. "Very well then." She said as she continued to cook. She let the meat rest while she made a salad and gilled some of the vegetables. After what seemed like only a few minutes the front door opened and an older man with gray hair and a slightly stern expression walked in.

"00794, did you get the mail?" The man asked as he turned to a coat hanger and removed his navy coat and removed his loafers.

"Yes Doctor. It is on the table." She answered.

"Good. Did you remember I prefer my steak-" he started.

"Yes Doctor. Medium well." the android interrupted.

He smiled slightly, seeming to suddenly break from his stern appearance. "Good." He walked to the dining room table and raised an eyebrow at the little stuffed creature sitting there. "00794.....are you lonely here?" He asked as a look of concern crossed his face. There was no answer from the kitchen aside from the clinking of a plate as she prepared the finishing touches of his meal.

Aiden turned his attention to the man who just entered. As he watched the brief interaction between him and Luna, he assumed he was the doctor she mentioned earlier. What rubbed the toy the wrong way was the doctor calling Luna by a number, rather by her name, however it eased slightly when he asked the android if she was lonely.
'Okay...at least he's trying to be nice,' Aiden thought with a small sigh.
Nevertheless, he wasn't allowing the former to slide. Not wanting to get into a serious altercation right off the bat, Aiden offered the doctor a small smile. "Um...her name's Luna, mine's Aiden."

The doctor was a bit surprised as the small seemingly stuffed creature spoke. His eyebrows raised a bit. He stared at Aiden as he sat down. "Interesting...." he muttered before turning his attention to the mail. He assumed the lack of response was a yes at this point and simply waited for dinner.

After a few minutes Luna brought out a professionally plated meal. A steak, vegetables, and a side salad. She carefully set them down and the doctor looked up from the mail. He set it aside. "Thank you ze- I mean Luna." He said realizing that Aiden would likely say something at this point.

He assumed this little thing was a companion android of some kind. Luna returned to the kitchen and brought out a glass of water for him before sitting down with a book. "So.....Aiden was it?" He said between bites, "Are you some sort of comfort android?"

When the doctor addressed Luna by her name this time, Aiden visibly relaxed. He leaned back in his chair, smile broadening with a shake of his head. "No, I'm a doll Luna found on the street. Long story short, people want robots, not things like me, so I'm trying to find something to do with myself."

"A doll? That's ridiculous," He chuckled. "You must have some circuitry. There's no way a stuffed animal can get up and move without some sort of mechanism." The doctor shook his head as he ate. She didn't really believe Aiden's claim at all. Meanwhile Luna seemed to be paying more attention to her book instead of the conversation.

"You want proof?" Aiden asked. He could understand the doctor's skepticism, considering the circumstances. He extended a plush arm. "Here, feel free...but don't be rough."

Dr. Garlond raised an eyebrow and set down his utensils. He reached out and started to feel his arm, gently squeezing it as if checking for wires or something giving him structure. His face when from surprise, to concern, to slight amusement. "How very interesting," He said as he pulled away and picked up his utensils to start eating again. "perhaps an electromagnetic stuffing could work? absolutely fascinating." He seemed to start thinking a bit as he ate his meal once more.

"Thanks," Aiden retracted his arm. "And, I'm sure electromagnetic stuffing would feel weird and wouldn't allow me to move around easily. I'm filled with regular stuffing."

The doctor looked even more surprised. He wasn't sure he believed Aiden. He finished up his meal and seemed to think. After several moments he spoke again. "Do you know how you came to be?" He asked Aiden.

"Doctor, you haven't introduced yourself and you are asking personal questions again." Luna reminded him without looking up.

"Ah!" He seemed caught off guard and started to laugh, "Right right! Sorry about that. I just assume people know who I am. Dr. Thomas Garlond. Just call me Dr. Garlond."

"Nice to meet you, Dr. Garland," Aiden held out a hand again. "And, to answer your question, I was made like any other toy: stuffed and stitched. I have no idea how I'm alive."