Cybernetics and Stuffing (LunaValentine x Cinnamon)

Thomas took his hand and shook it before chuckling a bit. "How strange to be shaking hands with a toy." He said before shaking his head. "Well I suppose I can approve of this." He picked up his plates and took them to the kitchen before returning to the table to look over the mail again. "I'm not sure you'll find much work but I wish you luck nonetheless."

Aiden gave a relieved sigh. So far, Dr. Garlond was the first human who had no problems with his sentience. He just hoped that remained the same for anyone else he interacted with.
"I'm sure I will find something," Aiden said fervently. "Like I told Luna, I'm not allowing what I am to get in the way of that."

Dr. Garlond couldn't stifle himself and started to laugh. "hahaha! good luck little thing! I'd offer you a job as a test subject but I'm sure you don't want that!" He said between fits of laughter. Luna sighed and closed her book.

"Doctor, if you intend to be so noisy perhaps you could go to your own office?" she asked.

Aiden just grumbled, slumping in the chair. He had a feeling people would find a doll trying to seek employment ludicrous, but that wasn't stopping him.

The doctor laughed for several minutes before finally calming down. "Oh dear....that....I am sorry little Aiden but you must admit you are asking for something quite unusual." He said, "But I must go soon. I need to return to the lab."

Perking up, the stuffed doll lightly retorted, "I know it's strange, but I'm still going to try. I mean, look at Luna. She's a robot, but she's working and paying for this place."

The doctor laughed. "Her paying for this place? no no no little one. I pay for this place. She has retired and works for fun." He said shaking his head. "A secretary can't afford to live here. It's a bit too expensive. But someone like me can afford it. Besides, she's my precious creation."

Luna seemed to be ignoring him again as she returned to reading her book, slightly annoyed at how loud he was being.

"Has it always been like this?" a stunned expression crossed his furry face. He faced Luna. "Even before you retired?"

The doctor chuckled a bit and shook his head as he stood up. "I should be off." He said as he gathered the mail, "Thank you as always Luna." He said before leaving.

Once he was out the door she looked up to Aiden. "What do you mean? I didn't live here before I retired. But he's right. With a secretary's salary I would not be able to afford such an apartment, even without the real need for food." She explained, "This is one of the safest and best part of the city so it is quite expensive. This building houses mostly well to do people. The Doctor owns this apartment. I pay the electricity, water, internet, and buy food. The rest of the money I make is mine to do with as I please."

Aiden nodded, relieved. "Oh, thank goodness. I'm glad you're still able to contribute to this place. Speaking of which...tomorrow, can we walk around town, so I can see who's hiring?"

Luna looked thoughtful. "Let me see.....well I do have to work tomorrow, but we can after I am finished for the day." She offered as she looked to him. She didn't understand why he was so concerned with her contributing in any way, she'd done quite a lot of work and was only working to keep herself busy.

"Awesome!" Aiden cried, bouncing in his seat. "Is there anything you'd like me to do while you're at work?"

Luna shook her head. "No. It isn't hard to keep this place clean so I don't really need help with anything." She said.

"Then, would you mind if I came with you? I'll stay out of your way," if there was nothing for him to do in the apartment, Aiden figured he could at least keep her company...and provide himself the opportunity to interact with people.

Luna thought for a moment. "I think that would be okay. I don't think you'll be a bad distraction for anyone. And I'm sure the patients will find you cute." she said with a nod.

"I'm fine with cute," Aiden giggled. "I'll even let them pet me. And...patients? You work at a hospital?"

"I work at a doctor's office. A general practitioner." Luna answered. "The hospital is about a block or two away." She shrugged a bit. "I believe we have several appointments tomorrow and to my knowledge none have canceled."

"Oh, cool," aiden replied. He was honestly he was going to a regular doctor's office, instead of back at the mental hospital. He just hoped none of the patients there didn't recognize him.

Luna raised an eyebrow. "Were you expecting a hospital? they prefer registered nurses for hospitals, at least to help a little. They tend to prefer them doing double duty." She explained a bit.

"Oh, I see. No, I was thinking of something else," Aiden said. Why he thought of a mental hospital...he brushed the thought aside.