Crystalley Academy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mouse jumped onto the table and stood up. "Nah this is our third year here! Well...for Loki. He found me when I was a baby and you could consider him my best friend! Loki here was recognized as one of the strongest magic users for the last few years. He uses the fire element. What's your ability?" The mouse scratches his face and fixes his glasses.

Naomi realized that they wouldn't have many classes together, him being a third year, unless of course she was ranked a higher magic user... which would never happen. But as soon as Roger mentioned Loki was a fire user, all other thoughts she had went out the door. Her eyes widened as she stared intensely at Loki.

"P-Please! I know this is sudden but..." Naomi practically shouted, "You have to let me try something! Will you summon a flame in your hand?"

She continued to stare at him, not blinking, waiting impatiently for his answer.

Loki opened his eyes and looked at the girl and then down at Roger with a straight face. Roger shurgged his shoulders. Loki sighed and raised his hand in front of him. A small flame formed in it and he remained quiet staring at the girl. "Ehh there's your flame lady! What are you gonna do?" said Roger

Naomi heart sped up as soon as she saw the flame. Now's my chance, she said to herself.

Naomi summoned a large gust of wind, surging it forward and sweeping it underneath and then over his hand. The flame shot upwards, doubling in size. She then used her other hand to split the flame, sending it in two different directions. The ceiling of the compartment then caught on fire, so she immediately stopped, staying calm, and sent her winds to extinguish the flame on the ceiling, leaving a burnt patch filing up the room with smoke. She opened the train window, and sent the smoke flying out with what energy she had left.

It was quiet for a minute after that.

"IT WORKED!" She suddenly shouted, "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT WORKED!"

Naomi rushed to sit down opposite of them, then bowed her head and clasped her hands together. "Please! Let me work with you! I believe if we combine our powers, we can be the strongest at our school!" And I can finally prove myself, she added silently.

Arial smiled brightly as the girl, Dylan, introduced herself. "It's so great to finally meet somebody who's being kind!" she said happily. She went and sat down on a seat, setting Louie down beside her. Arial looked over at the snowy owl, Princess, as Dylan introduced her. "Oh, she's so beautiful and polite." Arial said in awe, smiling at the owl. Louie made a noise and Arial looked at him. "What? You might be beautiful, but you're definitely not polite." she said, narrowing her eyes slightly. Turning back to Dylan, Arial smiled. "This is actually my second year here, believe it or not. I tend to ignore some people because of how mean they can be. Not to mention they ignore me because I'm laid-back instead of girly. That's probably the reason why nobody notices me and thinks I'm a new student." Arial explained, opening Louie's cage. She watched as he climbed out and stood on her arm. Arial lifted her arm and started petting the top of Louie's head. "Ahh, that's the spot. My head's been itching ever since we left home. Thank goodness I'm out of that stuffy cage." Louie said smoothly, his voice naturally deep. He was the exact opposite of Princess, Arial noticed. "Oh, hey." Louie finally said, turning his owl eyes to Dylan and Princess. Arial rolled her eyes and shook her head. "As you probably already know, this is my self-centered, sarcastic and arrogant best friend, Louie." Arial said, her smile widening as Louie turned shocked eyes to her.

Loki's eyes widened and he gulped. "She's one of the element users" he thought to himself. He watched as she separated the flame he made and was able to control it. He looked at Roger and noticed that he too was shocked at the fact that there was another element user in front of them. Listening to her request so they can work together, Loki looked at her and closed his eyes while crossing his arms once again.

"I really don't-" He is quickly cut off by Roger. "YES! Loki would love to! If you two combine powers you'll be...unstoppable! That's outstanding!" Loki opens his eyes and glances at Roger, giving him a slight dirty look. However, he remains quiet and goes along with it.

"YES!" Naomi smiled wide, feeling proud to have convinced them, "This is wonderful! I promise you won't regret working with me!"

Naomi sat back in the chair, relaxing a little, and thought about the situation at hand. "I'd like to show the professors that, but we usually go up one at a time each year to show them are powers... So how can we do that...?" Naomi thought aloud, talking to herself more than to the two of them. She thought they might be able to come up with a plan, so she asked, "Have any ideas?"

"We don't" said Loki in a serious tone. He hasn't looked at the girl ever since she showed her power. He kept his eyes closed and kept to himself the majority of the time. Roger sat down on a table between them and frowned. "Sadly we aren't allowed to show our abilities in group forms. However, when it comes to the high rank magic users nominees...Loki here caaaaaan nominate you as his partner to show what he's capable of! Ofcourse that's IF he gets nominated."

"Hmm. Well I guess that's that then. I suppose all I can do is hope you get nominated."

Naomi noticed how distant Loki seemed. His face was hard to read. Was he sad? Angry? Maybe he just needed some cheering up. Naomi opened up her suitcase, and pulled out a cloth napkin. She unfolded it, revealing various biscuits and cookies. "If you'd like a cookie or biscuit Loki, feel free to take one. I had made some at home before I left so I could share them with friends. If you don't like sweets, I wouldn't recommend the cookies with icing, I put a lot of sugar into those." Naomi glanced and Roger, "And don't think I've forgotten about you little guy!" Naomi dug into her pockets and pulled out some cheese and cracker crumbs. "Would you like some? I always carry some around with me, mice and rats are my favorite animals!" Naomi smiled at them, hoping they would accept her offers of friendship.

Loki looked at the napkin and noticed the biscuits and cookies. Roger quickly snatched the cheese and began munching on it. He put it down and grabbed a cookie, holding it up towards Loki. "Here Loki! I know you're hungry! Take it!" he said towards him. Loki looked at the cookie. "I'm not hungry."

Suddenly a growling noise is heard and it turns out to be Loki's stomach. His cheeks turn slightly red and and he grabs the cookie from Roger, eating it. "There! I knew you'd like it!" Roger sits back down and continues eating his cheese. Loki looks up at Naomi and stares at her for a bit. "Thank You" he said to her in a quiet tone.

"Huh. Look at that. There's still nice in you, Loki." says Roger with a mouth full of cheese.

stepping on to the train he sighed, his luggage all in his bag, which would cause him ot have back pains if he didn't use minor air magic to lessen the force weighing him down. walking to the back of the train he sat in the only empty room left. knowing tht barging in on anyone would just make enemies he sat there and waited for the train to leave.

Maggie noticed that her companion seemed to have mentally checked out, so she decided to move to another railcar before the train got underway. A conversation was going on in the compartment ahead of her, so she quickly headed over there to join the two. "Any room for me and Shadow?"

@DiamondGhosts @ClaireRae

Naomi smiled as Loki accepted the cookie, trying not to giggle when his stomach growled. Roger seemed surprised when he thanked her, and she figured that maybe Loki had a hard time making friends. He seemed like a good person though, and she was excited to get to know him better.

A girl showed up at the door of their compartment, asking if they had any room for her and her... cat. Naomi was generally quite friendly to everyone and everything, but she never really liked cats. Her mom and dad like to joke around and say she must have been a little mouse in her past life, as she was always avoiding them, and munching on crackers and cheese in the corner.

Naomi thought that maybe Loki should be one to decide if she was welcome or not, as he was less people-friendly then she was, and she didn't want to make him uncomfortable. "Um..." She looked at him, hoping he would answer for her.

"No" "Yes! Said Loki and Roger at the same time. Loki glared at Roger and then closed his eyes. "Whatever". he said in a low voice. Roger sat up and waved at the girl. "Come in! We have plenty of room! You should sit next to Loki eh? Eh?" He said giggling. Loki ignored the comment and paid no attention to what was going on.

"Eh... Yeah. Come on in. Hello Shadow." She forced a smile at the cat, trying really hard to be friendly. "So what's your name? Ya new here? I don't think I've seen you around before."

"Maggie, and yes, I'm new here. I take it you're not, so I'd ask you to tell me what I've gone and gotten myself into." She took a seat next to Loki, placing Shadow on her lap. Shadow immediately stretched out, yawned, and quipped, "A whole mess of trouble, that's what."

"Sorry about that. My familiar's a bit of a jerk."

Melody tapped her feet on the floor,her hands now crossed across her chest and her feet still crossed over one over the other.The train ride was feeling longer than it should be,then again it was probably just her being impatient.Luna had fallen asleep besides her,but nobody would notice the kitten's presence if one was to walk in because of her small size.To add to that,there had been a constant sort of noise going on in the nearby compartment."Geez,how many people are in there?" she mumbled to herself in annoyance.She wasn't sure herself,but there was something about that compartment that stood out the most.She noticed Luna's left ear twitch three times after she heard a new voice that she assumed came from that same compartment.The ear twitching always let Melody know when elemental magic was being performed,and then she learned how to determine what kind of element was being used and where the source is from a special private class from last year.

Small particles of electricity started to spark around Melody as she closed her eyes tighter.No Melody,chill.It's none of your business... she repeated to herself in her mind.But her fist was clenching tighter and was saying otherwise."Hold it in.Wait until they use magic again.Yeah..." She let out a sigh that didn't really help much and just sat in silence,half listening to the peculiar compartment's chatter and half listening to Luna's soft purrs.

Dylan giggled at her words. As she complimented Princess, the owl thanked her. "That's so kind of you. Thank you, Arial." Dylan couldn't help the soft smile that graced her features as she watched Arial and Louie bicker. They were a strange bunch, they were. As Arial explained that this was her second year, Dylan was surprised. "Really? Wow. This is my....third? Yeah, third. And I think being laid-back is a lot better than being girly." The brunette scrunched up her nose in disgust at the word. Girly girls were girls that she didn't like to get involved with. Dylan laughed softly as Arial introduced Louie to them. "Nice to meet you, Louie," she said. Princess, on the other hand, gave him an intense stare before letting out a 'hmph' and tearing her gaze away from the other owl. Dylan couldn't help but rolling her eyes at her owl.

Suddenly, the train lurched forward, the familiar rumbling bringing a smile to her face. Finally, we're moving, Dylan thought, looking out the window and waving to all of the people she knew. It wouldn't take long now. Maybe an hour or two. Crystalley Express was pretty quick and would get them to Crystalley before they knew it. The thought of finally getting to the Academy and attending the Opening Ceremony made Dylan bounce in her seat with joy. Princess glanced at her with an amused look, knowing her thoughts and the feelings swimming through her at the moment.

Naomi was suprised to find herself laughing at Shadow's quips.

"Hehe.. I wouldn't say trouble. Just a lot of work I suppose. Learning to control your magic can be difficult at times. It's worth it though. What kind of magic do you use?" She asked directing her question to Maggie.
@daird

"Necromancy, shadow magic, and a little bit of blood magic. I don't see it as evil, though. I just see it as part of who I am, the same as my skin and my eyes. I do wonder if there's more magic that I can learn, like some general spells everybody uses."

Status
Not open for further replies.