Crystalley Academy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Necromancy and blood magic eh? Show us what you got lady!" Roger stood up and ate the last bit of a cracker. He then jumped to Naomi's lap and pointed at her. "This girl uses the air element! Loki over there uses the fire element! They're both element users! Pretty cool eh?"

He climbed up Naomi's arm and whispered to her.
"Say...got anymore crackers?"

Naomi's skin crawled as soon as Maggie mentioned she did necromancy and blood magic. She didn't think it was evil either, but she was scared of it. Her family, the Hales, hardly ever got along with those who did blood or necromancy magic, and she was teased by the children whose parents did that. They used their powers to scare her, and it unfortunately worked, leaving Naomi terrified of that kind of magic to this day. She of course knew that not all who did blood or necromancy magic were like that, and Maggie seemed nice, so she tried to keep herself calm.

"T-t-that's... cool." Naomi said in a weak and feeble voice. As Roger suggested she shown them what she could do, her eyes widened. "N-n-no no, you... Don't have to do that. I'm sure you're quite good at what you do!"

Roger asked for some more crackers, and she gave him some, not taking her eyes of Maggie, afraid she might decide to suddenly use her powers on her.

Roger grabbed the crackers and hopped back down onto the table in betwen them. He sat down and laid the crackers in front of him. "So? What's your powers lady? Show us what you goooooot"

(Sorry about joining in so late!)

"We've got to leave earlier next year," Breanne heard her cat, Oliver, say as they climbed onto the train. It seemed they were the last to arrive, because as soon at the doors closed behind them the train lurched forward.

"Agreed," Breanne said, looking down at her Familiar, who was riding on her cart full of personal items. Oliver was indeed a Familiar, and her best friend. Most people at Crystalley Academy preferred familiars to actual animals, because familiars could talk and normal animals could not. But, Breanne had the ability to speak to animals, so it made no difference to her. The only reason Brea had a familiar is because her mother's familiar had kittens, and she got to keep one. This meant, she had Oliver since the day he was born, so they were practically inseparable.

She pushed her cart down the isle, looking for an empty compartment. "You know you're not going to find an empty one," Oliver said, looking around. "Just see if you can find someone you know."

"Yeah, yeah," Brea said, with a slight roll of her eyes. "Don't you think I know that? Geez Oliver, I'm not helples-"

"Stop!" Oliver said, interrupting her. He jumped down from the cart, and walked over to one of the doors. After sniffing around for a bit he turned to her and said, "Smells like Dylan and Princess in there." A smile stretched across her lips, and she backed up so she was next to the door. Dylan was also a year three, so Brea had known her since her first day ta the academy. She liked to consider the other female, as well as her familiar, a friend.

After knocking three times, Breanne slid open the doors to the compartment. Sure enough, Dylan and Princess were inside. And, to Breanne's great surprise, they were accompanied by another female and owl. "Hey Dylan," Breanne greeted, smiling brightly. "Mind if Oliver and I sit with you? We got here last of all, so I imagine every other compartment is full."

( @Kitsune @Serpentine )

Allen jumped on the train just as it was getting ready to leave. He hadn't exactly gotten on at the door and was instead at the end balcony. He set his bags down carefully and heard a sigh from the cat carrier "You almost missed the train! What would you of done then?" He heard his cat, Matt say. He rolled his eyes and opened the door, "I got on the train didn't I?" He said with a smile. He picked up all his bags and took them to one of the storage areas. He figured he was one of the last people to get on board so there probably wasn't a whole lot of room left. He put his suitcases down and let Matt out, holding him as he walked out of the storage room.

Allen was looking for a place to sit when he hear Matt talk "Heyyy, i smell Naomi over there. Let's go to her!" Allen smiled softly and followed Matt's directions. He had met Naomi last year when they had both been new and they had become somewhat friends, not super close but he still considered her a friend. He saw her sitting with a guy who looked vaguely familiar, probably an upperclassman. He wondered over "Hey Naomi, any chance there's room over here? I kinda slept in and had to jump on the train a little late"

@ClaireRae

Naomi's attention was directed to a familiar voice. It was Allen!

"Allen!" She jumped up, figuring this was here chance to get out of there before Maggie started to use her powers. She liked her and all... she was just too scared to watch. "I think there's room for another, but... Walk with me Allen, will you? I'd like to go get some fresh air on the balcony." Naomi left her stuff on the seat, and told Maggie and Loki, "We'll be back in a little while!"

And with that, she grabbed Allen by the arm and gently ushered him out of the compartment with her. She started to walk the length of the train, properly addressing both him and his cat, Matt. She didn't like most cats, but Matt had proven himself to be a very kind and gentle cat. He had never scratched at her, and she never saw him hurt a bird or mouse. He also always seemed to know where she was, which forced her to get used to him. "Hello Matt! How was your summer? I trust you were good to Allen? Kept him company?" She bent down, and scratched him behind the ears. "How 'bout you Allen? Are you parents getting used to your powers yet?" She looked up at him and hoped so, hearing him say how his parents sent him away last year made her awfully worried about the boy.

@Sashakiki

Roger watched as Naomi quickly rushed out of the room and he continued munching on his cracker. "Hm wonder what that was all about" he said. Loki opened his eyes and noticed that Naomi had left the room. Roger looked at him and raised his eyebrows at him continually while glancing at the girl sitting next to him. He winked at Loki and laughed as it was obvious what Roger was trying to say.

"Ahem" Loki cleared his throat and got up, switching to the seat across from him so that Roger will shut up. He closed his eyes again and crossed his arms remaining quiet. Roger facepalmed and sat there continuing to eat his cracker.

Maggie watched as Naomi moved off with Allen. It was rather obvious that her abilities creeped Naomi out, so Maggie was okay with her going. It also meant she could show off her powers without disturbing anyone.

Maggie turned off the overhead light, explaining "This spell works better in darkness. You'll feel something on your wrist, but don't worry. It's perfectly normal." In the darkness, Maggie took out a pocketknife, cut her palm, and whispered, "Nox animus." Then, she turned the lights back on. When she did so, Loki would be able to see that although Maggie wasn't touching him, her shadow had come to life and was gently holding his wrist.

Loki's eyes widened and he coughed as he saw the shadow. He swallowed and looked at her. "Interesting...power. Would you mind letting go now?" said Loki in a quiet tone. Roger's jaw had dropped and wasn't moving. Suddenly, he shook his head and grabbed a few crackers with him. "Oh heck no. Loki, i'll be staying in your jacket the rest of this ride" he said quickly. He climbed onto Loki and jumped into his leather jacket.

He popped out his head at the top of where it was zippered and stayed there.

Arial smiled brightly when Dylan expressed her dislike for girly girls. "Finally, somebody who thinks like me!" she said in slight relief. When Princess turned an intense stare at Louie before turning away, Louie scoffed and ruffled his feathers, somewhat irritated. "Stop taunting her." Arial scolded Louie, although she couldn't keep a small smile off of her face. Of course, Louie was being Louie. They had been together for as long as Arial could remember, so arguing was something that often brought them closer together, as well as being there for each other. Arial turned her eyes to Dylan and Princess, noticing that there was an unbreakable bond between them, like her's and Louie's. When the train lurched forward, Arial was shot forward a little, so she grabbed the bottom of the seat with her free hand. Louie flapped his wings a little, trying to keep balance on Arial's other arm. "Hey, hey! I'm delicate you know! I'm sitting right here!" Louie said in an arrogant tone. Arial groaned at his self-centered behavior and rolled her eyes, grinning at Dylan. "So, do you have any powers? Like, any magic that you do? I control nature and Earth elements." Arial asked, her eyes slightly sparkling with curiosity. Maybe she had found a new friend.

Maggie's shadow let go of Loki's arm and returned to normal. "There's a few other things I know how to do, but I wanted to show off the big magic first. Can you do anything interesting with your fire magic?"

"I can do whatever I want with my magic" he responded to her. He barely lifted up his hand and an entire flame surrounded it and slowly began turning into a blue flame. He lowered his hand and the flame went down. "I'm afraid I can't use my full power. I'll end up burning the entire train down."

Luna's left ear twitched again,and this time she woke up."Okay,that's it" Without hesitation,Melody got up and walked out her compartment.Luna caught up and hopped on Melody's shoulder,hiding underneath her long hazel hair that was swaying behind her.It didn't take her long to find which compartment was and had been the source of the noise for the past minutes.With a sigh,she stood in front of the compartment,her expression showing coldness and annoyance.

"Hey-" Melody paused for a moment,but maintained the expression.Right now,there were only two people in the compartment.On one side sat a guy who she had seen around campus from last year,but never really made any contact with.On the other side was a completely unfamiliar lass she assumed was a new student.No,she was sure she was because if she wasn't,she would remember her face at least.She flicked back some strands of her hair that gathered and waterfalled down her shoulder,then put the same hand on her hip.The hair eventually fell back down.

Melody then went on,still maintaining the same tone and expression she had."Would you guys mind piping things down here?Geez,I can hear everything from down there at the end.." She knew there was more of them at first,but she pretended that she didn't know and left it be.

Roger popped his head up from inside Loki's jacket and looked at the girl. "Hey, lady! We're as quiet as can be! You must be mistaking us with someone else!"

Melody narrowed her eyes at the mouse."Oh of course,I probably mistaken you guys for another compartment that has a closed door like all the other ones except for this one" she replied rather sarcastically.

Roger clenched his teeth and pointed at the girl. "HEY. LADY. YOU BETTER STOP IT OR" "Roger" says Loki in a quiet tone. Roger looks up at Loki and remains quiet. "Our apologies." says Loki. He remains with his arms crossed and eyes closed while Roger goes back into his jacket.

Allen smiled when Naomi took him away. He didn't bother asking questions as he figured that whatever had happened or was about to happen, Naomi had wanted to get away from there. Matt purred when Naomi started petting him, he loved to be pet and stroked "You bet i did! The summer beach house was awesome and Allen took me everywhere! even to the beach! I loved it" He said excitdly.

Allen looked away when she asked and opened the door to the balcony and walked over to it. Leaning against it, he let the wind rush through his hair before he turned back around to face her. "My parents didn't even come to see me. They sent a letter at the end of school last year saying i would be staying at the beach house all summer. So.." He trailed off and shrugged. It's not like he blamed his parents for being afraid of him, but that didn't make it hurt less.

@ClaireRae

"Well, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it Matt!" She stopped petting him and stood up, going outside to stand next to Allen. She took a deep breath, filling her lungs with the fresh air. Allen turned to her and told her about his summer, and it seemed to her that he didn't enjoy it as much as his cat did. He shrugged it off, but his eyes still held his sadness and disappointment. Naomi felt the wind blow through her hair as she looked up at the sky, letting a moment of silence pass between the two.

"People are afraid of things they don't understand. They don't know how to relate. It threatens their security, their existence, their career, and their image." Naomi placed a hand on Allen's shoulder, trying to comfort him. "I read that quote somewhere. Although I don't remember where, or who said it. Guess that's just me, being an airhead as usual." She laughed, trying to lighten the mood. "I think your parents will come around eventually. Just give them some time. They don't understand your powers, that's all. Hopefully one day they will." She took her hand off his shoulder and smiled. "In the meantime, just remember all of your friends at school. We're your family too!" She took one last deep breath, then turned and opened the door back into the train. "Come on, let's head back. I'll introduce you to Loki and Maggie."

@Sashakiki

Allen nodded and glanced up " Yeah, i guess your right" he said and followed her. Matt followed him, gleefully looking around. "so how was your summer Naomi, You never said" He asked while walking. His summer at the beach hadn't be horrible, he had met some hot guys and some hot girls. He had been at the beach a lot so his skin was slightly tan but most of his time had been directed at catching up on the tv shows that he had missed or had wanted to start during school. And then there had been that life guard, that had been what made his summer great.

Allen followed Naomi walk through the train and looked around. He waved at the few people he knew that where in his grade and waved too any upperclassman that he knew. He loved being back on his way to the school, the school felt like home to him and he couldn't wait to get there and get settled. Max meowed and so Allen stopped to pick him up before catching up Naomi.

"My summer? It wasn't that eventful. I climbed a mountain though!" Naomi beamed, recalling the feeling of being so high up in the sky. "That was great. Other then that though I just stayed at home and read."

As they made their way back to the compartment, she noticed a girl standing in the doorway. It was Melody. Naomi had mixed feelings about Melody. They had met last year, and Naomi knew from their first encounter that they wouldn't get along too well. Melody's blunt and sarcastic personality clashed with Naomi's soft-spoken and sensitive one. When the two were in a room together, an invisible storm seemed to develop overhead. Which made sense, considering Melody was an electric elemental, and Naomi an air elemental. Naomi knew that Melody wasn't really a bad person, and she had helped her a few times in class last year, but Naomi felt still felt a bit of hostility from Melody. On bad days they were rivals, and on good days they were, at best, 'frenemies'.

"Melody." Naomi acknowledged her as she approached the doorway. "Would you mind moving? I'd like to sit down."

@Haruka

Status
Not open for further replies.