CROSSED - Nowhere To Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... how many of you do I have to kill horribly to produce some posts? :D

Reactions: Fluffy
Post is in progress, Grumps. Lots of bad shit happened that foiled my traveling plans, so I've got time to work on it this weekend. Think I'll drain out my rage through Amelia's desire to kill them all. :I

was working and then celebrating my birthday. ill have a post for you tomorrow. :D

Finally I post. Apologize for the time. I will edit it as I re-read it and pull my hair out.

Sorry for the wait! I was busier with the celebrating than I had thought I would be! Hope my post works out for you Grumps!

Everything is looking awesome so far, guys. Keep up the grand work.

Okay, next GM post from me will send Crossed crashing into the Rig and spilling out inside, thus triggering the main thrust of the drama and violence of Episode One. Lemme know when you guys want the scene to move to this.

Until then, git ready. Shit is about to go down.

I think Hoi is good for the next scene. Don't really know what to do with her aside from following everyone.

I'm waiting on posting a bit, since my character is semi involved in a convo with someone who has yet to post yet. I don't think it matters if she says anything though so if you put up the GM post before I post that's cool by me grumps!

At first I was thinking "Hm, I guess the first few posts are going to be without Chris really saying anything, since he's the strong, silent type."

But now I'm like "Let's see how long I can realistically play this game without Chris saying a single. Fucking. Word."

Does that mean all that cursing was in his head? Cause I was thinking if he's talking like that Jo and him are gonna be such buddies. lol

Oh yes. I should probably have clarified in the OC, everything in italics is in his head.

There's going to be a lot of italics.

Cool, good to know!

Name: Lucy Crux

Nickname: Teddy

Teddy is a nickname given to Lucy by her kindergarten teacher in an attempt to get close to her. As the infection happened soon after, the teacher didn't get to use it very much, but it appealed to Teddy. She's taken to giving it as her name over her birth name.​

Summary: The lucky kid, mascot of the Rig.

Description: Teddy is usually wrapped in clothes a bit too big for her. For safety purposes, she's never allowed to wear anything too big and chunky, but as long as it's safe, she makes do it with. In fact, the too-big boots don't even seem to bother her.

Beneath all the layers is a small and light kid who doesn't smile without reason. Actually, she doesn't talk much either. Although, lately, she's started getting used to pulling on the sleeves of the adults whenever she really needs their attention.

Her sandy hair, rarely brushed, tends to puff up a bit whenever her hood comes up, but at least it's cut short like a boy's. In fact, hairstyle combined with clothing and the generally androgynous look of kids leaves many to mistake Teddy to be a boy. She even walks more like a guy than a girl, for what little difference there is between the two at such a young age.

As for the eyes, they are jaded with violent images unsuitable for children but somehow still remain blank with innocence. Teddy's eyes are the eyes of someone who has experienced it all, yet does not know how to piece it all together.

Strengths:

[Pipsqueak] Being a kid, Teddy is very compact. She can make her way through places most adults would never even think of going through.

[Mini-flash] It's not all that great when compared to an adult's speed, but for a six year old, Teddy can run ridiculously fast. It's not just her feet that are fast, either. If she needs to go fast for one thing, then everything about her goes fast. When excited like this, she just does the first thing that pops into her head and she does it extremely quickly.

[Never Lost] While too young to read a map, Teddy has a knack for finding her way around places. She's good at backtracking and connecting places she's already seen to each other.

[Golden Luck] Teddy is incredibly lucky, to the point that others even might consider her a good luck charm. It's largely because of this incredible luck that Teddy is still alive, particularly since she's too young to actually think over her decisions.

[Quiet as a Mouse] When she wants to be, Teddy can be really quiet. In fact, most of the time she's really quiet. Being quiet is just what she's been taught to do.

Weaknesses:

[Pipsqueak] Teddy has the size, strength, speed, and pretty much every other physical disadvantage when compared to most others, allies and enemies.

[Just a Kid] Being a kid, Teddy is heavily dependent on the other members. There's little she can do beyond basic tasks.

[Sugar Crash] Like most kids her age, Teddy can be wide awake and as far away from falling asleep one moment and then needing a piggy back ride the next.

[Illiterate] Teddy has trouble reading and writing.

Talents:

[Lucky Charm] As mentioned before, Teddy's biggest strength is her astounding luck. It's hardly foolproof, but it's brought him all the way to the rig against all odds. Even during her relatively safe stay on the rig, Teddy's luck has displayed itself with consistently correct guesses on what the weather would be like and card games.

[Little Helper] Teddy runs around doing whatever odd jobs a six year old can do. As a result, she's gained a sparse knowledge about a little bit of everything known by the people in the crew.

[Childish Innovation] Children think of the darndest things at times. Teddy, with her luck, thinks of them more often than most. She's apt to notice things others might not and figure out ways to piece everything together in ways not realized by any of the adults.

Inabilities:

[Kindergarten] The Crossed Infection spread when Teddy was still in kindergarten, so kindergarten is about the extent of her formal education. Add on that she hardly had parents who could care enough about her education to make sure she was studying right even when she had school, and she's incredibly lacking in basic formal education.

[Combat?] Teddy is absolutely useless in combat. She doesn't know how to use firearms, and even if she did, she doesn't have the muscle to handle the recoil. For obvious reasons, she wouldn't be able to do anything in a fist fight either.

Fears:

[The Dark] Teddy has spent long enough in the dark to be used to it, but that doesn't mean she isn't scared of it.

[Nightmares] Being only six and having experienced so much already, it's no wonder Teddy has a lot of nightmares, none of which she enjoys.

[Punishment] Punishment is scary. Does any more need to be said?

General Personality: Teddy is a quiet kid, if a little jaded, or at least as jaded as a six year old can be. She doesn't show much reaction to the atrocities committed by the Crossed, and even shutting her in a dark room will elicit little more than the occasional whimper. Quite obedient, she's eager enough to do whatever is asked of her and shows the most adorable smile when praised. When she first arrived at the Rig, she actually had a face of shocked confusion before showing the smile, but a year in the company of strangers has gotten her accustomed to the praise. She doesn't whine or complain, trusts her new guardians, and seems content with playing on the designated safe areas of the rig whenever she's allowed to.

Inner Personality: Teddy may not say a single word or shed a single tear, but in truth, she's very, very scared of everything. The grotesque actions of the Crossed are like the dark to her: something she's grown used to but never something that she would ever be able to experience without a cold chill of fear. Fear can even be said to rule Teddy's life. Her obedience and silence largely stems from fear of punishment. She does trust the adults surrounding her, but she doesn't have any reason to besides the fact that they're adults.

What You Did: Teddy was the only child to a drunken mother who abused her at least once a week. She didn't get to go to preschool and was having to meet with her kindergarten teachers because she wasn't bringing back the forms she was supposed to give her parent. She had given the forms to her mom, only to be burned with cigarette butts whenever they were mentioned. Punishments her mom doled out included everything from beating to being locked in a dark room without light or food. Wary of the punishment, she got used to spending most of her time outside, where running from the bullies honed her escaping skills.

What You Do Now: Since arriving at the rig, Teddy has been helping out wherever she can. She's always on dish duty, cleaning duty, and food preparation duty; although, she's never left to do the work herself. In addition to that, she runs errands from one part of the rig to the other and is generally the person to turn to if something needs to be done in a small space. There's several other minor tasks she does, but they're too many and too situational to list.

How You Survived: Luck played a large role in Teddy's survival. At the very beginning, though, it was her history with abuse that saved her. Teddy knew nothing about any infection, but when she saw her infected mother approaching her with a knife, she ran away as fast as she could. It wasn't the first time Teddy ran from her mother's more extreme fits of violence. Not long after Teddy had gone out the door, though, she met others wanting to do her harm. Her body and mind still excited by the recent spurt of violence from her mother, Teddy did what she remembered doing whenever her mother's abuse became too painful and ran some more. A few lucky turns later and Teddy had gone through enough small crawl-spaces to lose her pursuers. From there, everything was luck. By avoiding places with the most scary people, Teddy found herself going north. During her adventures, she was joined by adults, who would leave one by one for various reasons: disease, the Crossed, death, disagreements. Finally, Teddy found herself alone and cold in an abandoned house. The people she had been traveling with at the time had apparently decided to leave her behind as an unneeded burden. It was in this state that the survivors from the Rig found the girl and took her back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone, sorry for the long delay with me updating this shenanigans. Getting geared up to buy and move into my new place next month, so shit has been hectic.

@HeadlessKoko I'll be messaging you about your character as soon as possible. Sorry to keep you waiting. Everyone else, we ready to move the scene on?

I'll just have my character pop in, alive and wholly intact, when the story's moved on, having swiftly followed in Christopher's footsteps (or something).

I am ready =D

Far as I know, I'm waiting on Peter. :I Otherwise: ready.

hehe on peter >=3

yeah, I was sort of waiting on Peter as well, but mt character doesn't really need to have Rigor speak to her, unlike Fluffy. So I'm good to go, I'll just have an extra longer post if you post before Peter does, no biggie~ 8D

Status
Not open for further replies.