CROSSED - Nowhere To Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has indeeds. Been re-writing the bastard introduction several times, but I think I've (almost/potentially/maybe) cracked it.

Expect IC droppage soon.

XXSSqDG_zpsa08fdc42.gif

Fixed that for you.

You are such a helpful Scot, Grumps.

Rigor Coltrane.jpg
Name:
Rigor Coltrane
Summary: Strong silent type with a love of knives.
Description: Rigor stands at 6'8" and weighs approximately 220 lbs. He appears lean, but solid with a dark complexion and deep brown eyes. Rigor is the quiet type, so much so that he is often overlooked or ignored. He prefers to act only when he feels necessary. This trait has only been encouraged in the new world. In the old world he had an inclination toward plain clothing of simple cut, in the new world he wears anything he can
find that isn't too obstructive of movement. Having been an active youth and an avid hiker in his later years, Rigor enjoyed an good abundance of stamina and strength. Throughout his life he has been a dedicated fan to knives and has some practice with them. Despite this he is only self taught and had no experience until the Crossed event.

Particulars: Rigor tends to smile very seldom and often has frown or blank look. His brow furrows when in deep thought. He is right handed but has practiced wielding two blades, though this, like all of his combat knowledge, has only been tested after the Crossed event.

Strengths: Able runner and hiker. Fair amount of strength as welder, but no more than you average person who works out regularly. Avid reader.

Weaknesses: Flat footed, as such he gets blisters and cramps more often than most. Weakened wrists from improper lifting of material and equipment as a welder. Mostly reads things pertaining to his profession and rarely beyond that.

Talents: Rigor is a welder through and through. He's worked long enough as one that he can fix and maintain equipment used in welding to such a high degree that the only limit is creating said equipment from scratch without some guidance. He is capable of reading or drawing up blue prints and being able to produce most things presented to him given the right tools and material. His limit is reached in this when asked to make things outside of the mechanical realm (I.E. electronics, plumbing, etc). As a hiker he is familiar with reading maps and generally not getting lost, as well as able to carry heavy packs that may tire your average person.

Inabilities: Rigor has spent his life devoted to welding and knives. Because of this he lacks the common knowledge of cleaning and even cooking, for the most part. Before the event he relied on either his gracious sister or any girlfriend he had at the time. Though good with tools, he never had interest in cars and therefore knows no more about them than your average person.

Fears: Rigor has a fear of guns and will try his best to avoid using them. He tends to treat them as live animals waiting to harm, and as such, will often handle them gingerly if at all. Since the beginning of the event he has begun to develop a slight fear of the dark and being alone. The latter fear often forces him to seek out the company of others.

General Personality: Stoic and stolid, Rigor's face gives seemingly nothing to the outside world. Even before the Crossed event, he tended to be very emotionally flat. Honest, and open when asked, Rigor typically gains trust quickly. While not against guile or trickery, he tends to avoid such actions and instead opts to ignore what he sees or hears, only acting if he feels the need is great enough.

Inner Personality: While Rigor is outwardly a brick wall, inwardly he feels and experiences the full spectrum of emotions any normal person has. He will often "adopt" people whom he trusts or sees safety in. Much of his actions stem from violence suffered as a child.

What You Did: Coming from a home that was more broken than not, Rigor grew up with strife and pain from an early age. He developed his quiet demeanor as a defense mechanism and chose to simply keep his head down, work, and mind his own business. Rigor was introduce to welding in his teens and has been a welder for the past 20 years of his life. He never thought to move outside his profession and genuinely loved his work. He moved all along the coast, going where the work was. His whole life fit in the back of his truck and didn't mind going from place to place, having few friends and family.

What You Do Now: Rigor now works maintaining and repairing the Rig and just about anything else he can. He is often seen in the company of Wall doing heavy repairs, or with Frank taking orders for anything outside his day to day duties.

How You Survived: Rigor was found early during the initial onslaught of the infected. Having already been near Juno for work he was spirited off with some other early survivors and saw very little the actual violence. It was only after being on the rig for some time that he experienced the full horror of what he missed when out on occasional supply runs.

Last edited:
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...

...THE HAPPENING IS NOW.

Crossed is officially underway: we have now entered into our INTRODUCTION WEEK. Take this week to introduce your character, establish them a little, maybe interact with some of the other characters and NPCs. I've created two opportunities for some potential character interaction; Josh is in need of relieving from the Crow's Nest (though that's really only one character needed, so first come first served I guess), and down on the lower walkway we've got Dominika trying and failing to learn the art of fishing. Of course, feel free to make your own opportunities. I'm leaving the precise interior of the Rig a little more open so feel free to have your characters in different places. Just exercise some common sense, is all. Mess halls, medical bays, tiny little bedroom compartments designed to minimise the space used, that sort of thing.

On THURSDAY 10TH THE PLOT WILL DROP AND SHIT WILL OCCUR. I enjoy a nice early hook for these sort of games to get everybody's heart going after all, so please try and have your character introduced then.

Any questions and comments, fire away.

Looking forward to this one, chums.

LET'S DO IT.

Reactions: Fluffy
Beware of the sewage pluming.

Got it.

YESSSSSS!!!!

Will be posting shortly tonight after I've scrambled my brain. =P

I posted. Holy fuck, that got a little carried away. Sorry anyone who willingly reads it.

Dunno what you're apologising for mate. It's a good post, and nice to see someone jumping in right off the bat.

Oddly enough, the old man is the first guy to move.

Post coming up. >=]

Reactions: 2 people
I've been reading the webcomic since the rp officially started; I'm close to finishing up volume 2 already.

This has got to be my favorite page so far, and Street Fighter fans would know exactly why:

crossed-wywh-vol-2-chapter-7-6-a.jpg

Reading the comic too, now.

And my only comment is, *ahem*, "Oh God, Oh God, What have I gotten myself into?"

Addendum:
My favorite page so far:
crossed_03_03-a.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
The animal kingdom sure as shit gets a rough treatment in Wish You Were Here.

Hurr hurr durr.

Reactions: RiverNotch
Er... I'll be reading the webcomic soon? O.o

Yay for practicing first person. Don't get to do that enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.