Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Horror, fantasy, sci-fi.
Through bushes and through briars,
I lately made my way,
So the Green Grave would see me
For I can't love that man...

Life is cruel. You and your family toiled in the fields for the right to live on land claimed by a lord, on behalf of the king. A portion of all harvest given to him, to feed his warriors. Brothers and cousins given to wars in lands beyond the horizon. You and other girls wary of his eye and those of his underlings.

Life is cruel. The priest tells you this is punishment, for the sins of the fathers. He offers dire warnings about the evils of your flesh and weakness of your will. He dismisses your pains and accusations.

Life is cruel. The most powerful woman in the village told you so, and she knows - she is older than anyone else, even the local lord. Her face is lined by laughter and suffering, her back straight and gaze piercing. She knows how to treat ailments the priest ignores. The men at arms fear her. To the village, she is the midwife - she delivered you, and your mother, and perhaps even your mother's mother.

But she has told you stories; the Green Man of the Woods, the Queen Under Hill, the Lurker on the Threshold. Now you hear the call, o human child, from gods & monsters of the wild.

----------------------------------------------------------​
This game of horror, transformation, and rebellion will feature four to six Witches as the player characters. Each Witch has sworn herself to a wild god in exchange for power - what she does with that power is her business, though some patrons expect more service than others.

There are two ways to approach this.
1. A group of Witches sworn to different gods, working together across a large-ish region.
2. A group of Witches where one player is the Hag in charge, each embodying a different aspect of one god.

Characters should be female-identified, though I may allow one exception if someone convinces me with a concept.
Prior experience with dice is appreciated but not mandatory. New players will receive direct assistance from me and will largely learn by doing.

You are required to read at least enough for the system and setting doc to make a Kelene character.

RULEBOOK: CDA Special Edit - revised
Character Index: CHARACTER INDEX - COVENANT - Characters

Questions and comments welcome.

CC @Alexandra @Hair @FuzzMonster @Ragoza @Custodiet Teh @Silvertongued

Last edited:
Are you still accepting sign-ups?

The settings say Open Signups, but from skimming the messages here it seemed like you already have six players signed up.

Are you still accepting sign-ups?

The settings say Open Signups, but from skimming the messages here it seemed like you already have six players signed up.

Someone had to drop due to time constraints, so you're welcome if you'd like to join. Any characters ideas so far? Questions you need answered? Trouble with the rules?

Someone had to drop due to time constraints, so you're welcome if you'd like to join. Any characters ideas so far? Questions you need answered? Trouble with the rules?

I read your plot, but didn't check out the information links yet. I wanted to make sure there was still space to join before I started to design a character. However, now I can! :) I'll let you know as soon as I have a character concept.

This has been quiet for a while. are we ready to start, or are there slowpokes that need prompt swatting?

Just waiting on some slowpokes.

I will have some stuff up soon. Recent history has been a blur of burlesque and painting.

I will have some stuff up soon. Recent history has been a blur of burlesque and painting.
My apologies; I've mostly been offline. My grandfather died on Friday which prompted an emotional conversation with my birth father. I spent the entire weekend curled in my window seat listening to the rain and trying to process, then yesterday putting 60 mods on Skyrim and figuring out their necessary load order in an attempt to disassociate from the real world. Ha. XD

Just gotta stat up and I'll be golden

@Hair
@Alexandra

Get yer witches done and I'll kick this off tomorrow.

Okay, in the meanwhile, let's work out who knows who - who still lives in their home village, and who has been wandering?

I've been wandering for about 3 months or so, I'm happy to have met/know any of the other characters

I'd say still in my village, as she has her senile father to look after.

Wandering around for sure now

Alright, so the Fuzz is on the edge of Gatewood, we'll say - last actual village before passing into the Frontier.
If you want to work out anything about the village, Fuzz, feel free; saves me some work.

Pixel, we'll say your village is on the river a bit south-west. Maybe a day of travel between them.
Likewise, if you want to dream up any details about village people, we can get started a bit quicker because I won't need to write it all up before we start.

@Alexandra will your character have left Mistcloak behind?

We're going to start after you guys have decided a kind of safehouse for those not so welcome in polite society anymore. An old barrow, a magic tree, a cabin in a wood...
I imagine Alexandra's witch will have drawn you all together, given her patron.

Do you guys want to roleplay the first meeting, or shall we see about starting on the assumption you're acquainted?

So, first posts being how we've ended up leaving our villages and heading towards this meeting place? Or just daily lives? I can do both, I have plenty ideas for people and things~
Also, totes wanting the Meeting place to be a cave behind a waterfall. Huehuehue.

So, first posts being how we've ended up leaving our villages and heading towards this meeting place?

Either traveling to and arriving at the meeting place, or daily lives post-meeting. Up to you guys which we start with; the former will require you lot to do most of the posting for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.