Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Horror, fantasy, sci-fi.
Through bushes and through briars,
I lately made my way,
So the Green Grave would see me
For I can't love that man...

Life is cruel. You and your family toiled in the fields for the right to live on land claimed by a lord, on behalf of the king. A portion of all harvest given to him, to feed his warriors. Brothers and cousins given to wars in lands beyond the horizon. You and other girls wary of his eye and those of his underlings.

Life is cruel. The priest tells you this is punishment, for the sins of the fathers. He offers dire warnings about the evils of your flesh and weakness of your will. He dismisses your pains and accusations.

Life is cruel. The most powerful woman in the village told you so, and she knows - she is older than anyone else, even the local lord. Her face is lined by laughter and suffering, her back straight and gaze piercing. She knows how to treat ailments the priest ignores. The men at arms fear her. To the village, she is the midwife - she delivered you, and your mother, and perhaps even your mother's mother.

But she has told you stories; the Green Man of the Woods, the Queen Under Hill, the Lurker on the Threshold. Now you hear the call, o human child, from gods & monsters of the wild.

----------------------------------------------------------​
This game of horror, transformation, and rebellion will feature four to six Witches as the player characters. Each Witch has sworn herself to a wild god in exchange for power - what she does with that power is her business, though some patrons expect more service than others.

There are two ways to approach this.
1. A group of Witches sworn to different gods, working together across a large-ish region.
2. A group of Witches where one player is the Hag in charge, each embodying a different aspect of one god.

Characters should be female-identified, though I may allow one exception if someone convinces me with a concept.
Prior experience with dice is appreciated but not mandatory. New players will receive direct assistance from me and will largely learn by doing.

You are required to read at least enough for the system and setting doc to make a Kelene character.

RULEBOOK: CDA Special Edit - revised
Character Index: CHARACTER INDEX - COVENANT - Characters

Questions and comments welcome.

CC @Alexandra @Hair @FuzzMonster @Ragoza @Custodiet Teh @Silvertongued

Last edited:
I'm pretty new to the system, the setting, and PbP in general, so I'd prefer if we started after we'd met up, but I can make it work if we go the other way.

Met up as in, start in the meeting and have them talk over meeting as in, everyone's gone home?
I would like to have all the players meet and talk with other to find out everyone's personalities and such, and what the plan for us all is.
I also accidentally an entire village, so the either is just as easy.

Okay, after some deliberation I'm going to start with your first meeting.

I'll first give each of you a paragraph detailing what your character knows about the setting, to help you find your feet, starting with Hair.

So are you starting all our threads individually, or all together? Or messaging it and we're putting up our own threads, cos I've seen nothing so far...?

I'm gonna message you with Things Your Character Knows, and I'll put you all in one thread where I'll use tabbed posts to keep it tidy as possible.

• Love
Reactions: Custodiet Teh
Bomb Witches would be pretty neato... Not sure who their patron would be though! XD

Workin' on the thread at the moment.

I hope making up village names doesn't mess with any plans!
Also @Custodiet Teh I responded to the new post in case the bloody tags/alert system is being dumb again.

Apologies for double posting!

Reactions: Excession
Y'all better be posting.

Yes! I don't wanna be alone in this thread anymore. ;A; Come join me aahhhh!
Also, Grey I have all major characters in Osshoven ideas, if you'd like me to PM you, unless you have different ideas.

Reactions: Excession
Yes! I don't wanna be alone in this thread anymore. ;A; Come join me aahhhh!
Also, Grey I have all major characters in Osshoven ideas, if you'd like me to PM you, unless you have different ideas.

Go ahead and shoot me a PM when you have time! You know how I like having my work done for me.

I really hope that's not sarcasm! :P I'll have it to you in a mo~

@Custodiet Teh Btw, Fera replied to Hannus a while back. If it's too difficult a post to reply to, I can alter it if you want. : D

I knew I was missing something, I'll have it today

No lunacy, I'm just smashed by Finals. On it!

Status
Not open for further replies.