Colony Galileo

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, will in the future detail it a bit better, but am happy with the result (I'm not useless, yaaay!) .
Hope that my current post is all good/better.
75nsmwY.gif

Sorry, will in the future detail it a bit better, but am happy with the result (I'm not useless, yaaay!) .
Hope that my current post is all good/better.
It's all good. The whole purpose of those question marks is to let you know when I was confused by something, not that you were necessarily in the wrong. :ferret:

This new layout confuses me, as well as the motivation behind it.

I know.... I'm scared and confused. I want to know who felt the need for a change. The old format was simple, and it worked. This new system just seems finicky and confusing. I'm especially confused as to where to make what threads. Where do I put my OOC? What about the IC? Is that really the right spot? I don't know!

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
Shit.... I just realized that Prosper might just die here... Leonie is the only one here he is going to obey, well until she dies or a higher ranking INEF personnel shows up, and I can see her forgetting that Prosper needs to be told to get the hell out of there. XD

Shit.... I just realized that Prosper might just die here... Leonie is the only one here he is going to obey, well until she dies or a higher ranking INEF personnel shows up, and I can see her forgetting that Prosper needs to be told to get the hell out of there. XD
When the retreat order is given, it'll be by a member of the local planetary forces who have jurisdiction over the fight. Failing that, it can be assumed that Prosper would understand what a general retreat looks like, and unless otherwise ordered, would fall in line. Especially since his overriding directive right now would be "protect command staff", and a rear admiral is on his way over. :ferret:

Alright. That will work perfectly. I guess I was forgetting that the poor thing is near godly levels of intelligence. XD

High courage scores are overrated.

Look below action log for additional notes--your name may be pinged there, as well as in the action log!

Just a list of acronyms and the like. Will be updated as more appear.
Universal Terms

NAT: No Action Taken this round. For the round that a new player is introduced, this is normal. Failing to act in the story repeatedly will get you warned and eventually removed from the RP. I don't like being that guy though, so please don't force me to do so. :sunglasses:
Pinned: Character is pinned. They generally will have to struggle free, or else be knocked out or killed by the target pinning them. Strength is the prevailing trait here, though agility can play a factor.

NPC Terms

Independent: NPC is acting of their own accord.
Under Orders: NPC is doing what a player has told them to do, overriding what they would normally do. (If confronted with multiple orders, they'll generally execute the ones that make the most sense to them at the time, unless they value loyalty over common sense.)
Leader: NPC is the leader of a larger group. (Ex: Militia Sergeant.)
P-NPC: Party NPC. These characters generally have no overriding reason to leave you and will stay with you. Other NPC's may come and go, but these guys are here to stay with you.
Elite: NPC is highly trained and will present a very sincere threat to the group. NPC has flat bonuses against death checks and will instead ordinarily take injuries. Be very wary engaging one unless you have a good defensive position or you can ambush it. Will ordinarily apply only to enemies.
Boss: NPC is absurdly powerful in some way. Only engage if you have no other choice, and expect to see PC's die trying to kill it. Retreat should be your normal strategy against these characters, as they generally won't pursue and will instead send their underlings after you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

North Bellsford, Super-Centre: Currently in a high-tension area, engaged.
Standing Orders (Admiral): Himself, Bao, and Morgan first. Libero and Phillipe second. William and Sergeant Max last.

Sergeant Max (A-1205) (NPC): Is going to be sacrificed for the greater good, as the player is no longer participating. A good death is its own reward.

William McCormick (@Helios ): Opens fire on one of the incoming stealth-scouts.

4 Stealth-Scouts: Taking cover, preparing to move up.

North Bellsford, Zinc Road: Holding position. EVAC HAS ARRIVED!
Prosper (@Potatocat ): Aims for the soldiers down the street, opens fire. (Which street? Assuming: Wraiths.)

Norb Chi'Surn (@Jorick ): Flings his shit plasma grenade at the enemy.

Ariel Abraham (@Expllo ): Maintains psychic shield on Leonie, attempts psychic volleys against wraiths.

Leonie Valkrich (@Aliceee ): Issues order to Norb. "In a rather vulgar briefing, Leonie makes a hologram that runs towards another cover position to attract enemy attention/fire. Hopefully to buy the others a shot or two."

Ariston Tychon (@Azathoth ): NAT.

Phillipe Mordante (@Kadaeux ): Moving to the rappel system.

Libero (@PCSutfin ): NAT. (Assumed to have taken the rappel system--it was the next logical course of action for him.)

Nikolai (P-NPC): Ready to provide covering fire for everyone else to escape on the VTOL.

14 Civilian Militia (Leader is Martello): Weak, but ready to help in any way they can. Armed with standard rifles and side arms. They will listen to orders from Leonie or Nikolai, but may question them from others. Four + Prosper in the right building, try to draw attention first; everyone else amongst the abandoned vehicles. Seven on the ground. Three from the left building, escaping onto the street.

Morgan (P-NPC): Takes cover and waits, ordering everyone to proceed to the VTOL while she covers and waits for two more people.

Bao: Small child. Unarmed. Her favourite colour is turquoise?... Don't expect her to help much.

1 Stealth-Scout (Right Road): Is unconscious.

6 Wraiths (Left Road): Personal shield carrying, front line troops in medium armour. They carry plasma rifles, and are slightly larger than the average human.

1 Wraith Commander (Elite) (Left Building): A skilled enemy combatant, who seems to prefer fighting on the front line rather than in the back. He's a very fast opponent... He may be retreating from this building.

1 Plasma Tank (Artillery Configuration) (Right Road--long distance): Sentient biological tank, charge and spews plasma at enemies by cannibalizing nearby materials to deconstruct into ammunition. Cannot fire while moving and has to deploy to fire. When deployed, tendrils move through the ground like roots, supplying it with the resources necessary to fire.

East Bellsford, Red Line/Convoy #4: Subway station online. EVAC HAS ARRIVED!
Kephart (@Goldmarble ): Uses rail gun on shield enemies, then coaxial machine gun blast.

Laura Shima (@Herzinth ): Taking cover!

Gilan Thorne (@ChromeHound ): Tells the engineer to take cover and not come out unless called for. Aiming to flank attack. (Shield soldiers assumed.)

Marcus De'Leveyan (@Kadaeux ): Opens fire on Hunter-Killer, orders gun drone to attack shielded Chrysalids.
  • Gun-Drone: More dakka!
Finnergen Henndrix (@Honorific ): NAT.

Tharvax-8071 (@Jorick ): Agrees to Ralph's plan, plans ahead.

Captain Caitlin Atten, MD (@Seba ): Ready to go with Ralph's plan, uses service animal.

Quentin Brant (@Snakey ): Tags along with Ralph's plan.
  • Drones Deployed (3): Scouting local area...
Gwen Argalla (@Holmishire ): Pulls out plasma cutter, ushers civilians to move for the subway, tells armed civilians to stay on the "edges."

Berry Wilson Jones (P-NPC): Getting civilians onto the subway train, ordered everyone into the subway train.

7 Vet. Civilian Militia (Leader is Keran): Fighting as best as they can. 1 Is severely wounded with facial burns, and unable to fight.

Ralph (P-NPC): Attempting to keep the nanites on their due task of locking down the tank.

3 Medium Tank Crew ("Sabre" class): 3 tank crew. (Driver, primary gunner, commander.) Tank is made for 4, but the secondary gunner is dead. The tank has been abandoned, and the crew are on foot.

43 Civilians: Only eight are armed, but all are scared shitless. The ten armed could be inspired to fight, given the right words.

1 Plasma Tank (Artillery Configuration): It's set up and ready to fight. Nanites have it locked down, for now.

Unknown Sniper: Unknown sniper of unknown origin, possibly in the building behind the tank. He may be retreating, or re-positioning.

Additional NPC information here. Don't be afraid to ask more info on them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

After this tutorial section is finished, I'm going to likely drop the action logs and offer to speed up posting rounds to one week instead of two weeks! Let me know what y'all think below.

As you can see, East Bellsford has united into one area. The tutorial phase is coming to a close soon. The only thing stopping North Bellsford from the same now is @Helios which is fine because Ascendant leaving the RP gives him an easy window to escape with. Once Helios takes the rappel line, North Bellsford will become one group as well. Once this tutorial phase is over, I can stop with the obtuse railroading, and leave all of you in the hub world (central city). From there, y'all can decide for yourselves how you'll survive.

Seriously, just get aboard the VTOL/Subway, and the tutorial railroading can end. We're one step away from getting all of you the freedom to make your own decisions on how to survive this situation. :ferret:

Next GM IC Post will go up Sunday 11th, October.

@Aleksandar has failed to post for the previous two rounds. Since there was no intro post, that makes dropping him easy as can be at least.
@Ascendant has informed me via Steam that he's leaving the RP. Best of luck in future endeavours, mate. Thanks for the time you spent here.
@Azathoth no post from you. What's up?
@PCSutfin no post from you. This isn't the first time you've done this in one of my RP's either. :ferret:
@Honorific no post from you either! Shamefur dispray!

If there are any questions, as always, just ask. :ferret:

Last edited:
@Brovo This format has got me questioning whether I want to stick around on Iwaku, particularly since this is my last RP on the site. As interested as I am in the Tychon's potential as a character, I might just stop RPing altogether with the way things have been going.

Sorry for not mentioning that before the post deadline, but I'll definitely give you a heads up on what I decide to do in the coming week rather than just disappear.

• Thank You
Reactions: Brovo
Sorry About not posting! I'm back from an announced dissapearance lol. Ill read up on everything tomorrow and I will not be missing a post again. No more shamefur dispray plz!!!!!!

• Thank You
Reactions: Brovo
Sorry About not posting! I'm back from an announced dissapearance lol. Ill read up on everything tomorrow and I will not be missing a post again. No more shamefur dispray plz!!!!!!
Announced? :o Where'd ya go?

Un-announced* My internet was turned off for awhile which is nothing anyone needs to worry about everything is getting fixed. I am back now!

More Critical Role fans?
tumblr_inline_nve6m58dEW1qhk4m9_500.gif

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.