• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Colony Galileo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fyi: Type 3 AI's have full human rights in the Terran Confederation--if they reject something, you can't force it on them. There are self-defense laws in the Terran Confederation too, so if you tried to forcibly link up to Kephart, he's well within his rights to blow you away. :ferret:

he's well within his rights to blow you away.

brow.gif

Fyi: Type 3 AI's have full human rights in the Terran Confederation--if they reject something, you can't force it on them. There are self-defense laws in the Terran Confederation too, so if you tried to forcibly link up to Kephart, he's well within his rights to blow you away. :ferret:
Well, seeing as how Kephart is a fully fledged member of the INEF, Prosper cannot refuse him, except in the case when his orders counter something a superior officer has said. Unfortunately, one of the side effects of not having free will, is that you can't mind rape another AI without being told to do so...

Posted for @Aliceee because she's a scrub lord. Still need to post for myself though. I'll do it, I swear! I totally won't wait until last minute again!

Short pretty meh post but I'm sick and there isn't much for Max to do anyway.
It's okay to do short posts! Proper pacing sometimes calls for nothing more than a single paragraph. Length is no indicator of quality: I'd rather read one paragraph describing opening fire than a half a dozen gratuitously foisted and hamfisted paragraphs describing ludicrously over-complicated actions depicting the same end result. So long as the intention is clear, it's a good post. :ferret:

Wait, does Prosper have an angle on the enemies in the main street from the East facing window, or would he have to move to see them?

He has an angle from his position.
Alright. This post should be rather short as all I can reasonably have him do is take a shot and then relocate, but I'll make it as damn good as possible! XD

Look below action log for additional notes--your name may be pinged there, as well as in the action log!

Just a list of acronyms and the like. Will be updated as more appear.
Universal Terms

NAT: No Action Taken this round. For the round that a new player is introduced, this is normal. Failing to act in the story repeatedly will get you warned and eventually removed from the RP. I don't like being that guy though, so please don't force me to do so. :sunglasses:
Pinned: Character is pinned. They generally will have to struggle free, or else be knocked out or killed by the target pinning them. Strength is the prevailing trait here, though agility can play a factor.

NPC Terms

Independent: NPC is acting of their own accord.
Under Orders: NPC is doing what a player has told them to do, overriding what they would normally do. (If confronted with multiple orders, they'll generally execute the ones that make the most sense to them at the time, unless they value loyalty over common sense.)
Leader: NPC is the leader of a larger group. (Ex: Militia Sergeant.)
P-NPC: Party NPC. These characters generally have no overriding reason to leave you and will stay with you. Other NPC's may come and go, but these guys are here to stay with you.
Elite: NPC is highly trained and will present a very sincere threat to the group. NPC has flat bonuses against death checks and will instead ordinarily take injuries. Be very wary engaging one unless you have a good defensive position or you can ambush it. Will ordinarily apply only to enemies.
Boss: NPC is absurdly powerful in some way. Only engage if you have no other choice, and expect to see PC's die trying to kill it. Retreat should be your normal strategy against these characters, as they generally won't pursue and will instead send their underlings after you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

North Bellsford, Super-Centre: Currently in a high-tension area, engaged.
Ariston Tychon (@Azathoth ): Takes out the glass keeping the group from the rappel system, then orders Morgan to carry the child down. Orders: Himself, Bao, and Morgan first. Libero and Phillipe second. William and Sergeant Max last.

Sergeant Max (A-1205) (@Ascendant ): Opens fire on enemy leader, then attempts suppressing fire on the rest.

Phillipe Mordante (@Kadaeux ): Opens fire on the enemy.

William McCormick (@Helios ): Opens fire on the enemy, moves for partial cover.

Libero (@PCSutfin ): Takes Bao to a counter (?) and pulls out his martellos.

Dr. Gaius Chernev (@Aleksandar ): NAT.

Morgan (P-NPC): Covers Sergeant Max, then does as ordered by Ariston.

Bao: Small child. Unarmed. Her favourite colour is turquoise?... Don't expect her to help much.

1 Hunter-Killer: Attacking. One is dazed.

4 Stealth-Scouts: Taking cover, preparing to move up.

North Bellsford, Zinc Road: Holding position.
Prosper (@Potatocat ): Opens fire once again, then moves for a new window.

Norb Chi'Surn (@Jorick ): Opens fire, keeps his cover.

Ariel Abraham (@Expllo ): Protecting Leonie's mind. Uses a psionic volley on the first target she can see.

Leonie Valkrich (@Aliceee ): Throws a grenade (what type?: Assuming fragmentation), doesn't immediately fire and waits? (Setting up for a better shot? Reaction fire?) (Assumed she took the shot if it was available.)

Nikolai (P-NPC): Attempting to suppress Wraiths.

17 Civilian Militia (Leader is Martello): Weak, but ready to help in any way they can. Armed with standard rifles and side arms. They will listen to orders from Leonie or Nikolai, but may question them from others. Five in the left building, fire when suspicious; four + Prosper in the right building, try to draw attention first; everyone else amongst the abandoned vehicles.

3 Stealth-Scouts (Right Road): Taking cover after their surprise attack was foiled. One is unconscious.

6 Wraiths (Left Road): Personal shield carrying, front line troops in medium armour. They carry plasma rifles, and are slightly larger than the average human.

1 Wraith Commander (Elite) (Left Building): A skilled enemy combatant, who seems to prefer fighting on the front line rather than in the back. He's a very fast opponent...

1 Plasma Tank (Artillery Configuration) (Right Road--long distance): Sentient biological tank, charge and spews plasma at enemies by cannibalizing nearby materials to deconstruct into ammunition. Cannot fire while moving and has to deploy to fire. When deployed, tendrils move through the ground like roots, supplying it with the resources necessary to fire.

East Bellsford, Red Line: In the midst of attempting to restart the subway system.
Kephart (@Goldmarble ): Fires his rail gun.

Laura Shima (@Herzinth ): Takes two shots at the enemy, then pauses and waits to open fire on stealthed targets specifically.

Gilan Thorne (@ChromeHound ): NAT.

Marcus De'Leveyan (@Kadaeux ): Attempts to fire on weak points.

Finnergen Henndrix (@Honorific ): Opening fire at the eyes of the beast.

Berry Wilson Jones (P-NPC): Reloading, issuing orders.

8 Vet. Civilian Militia (Leader is Keran): Fighting as best as they can. 1 Is severely wounded with facial burns, and unable to fight.

5 Wraiths: Deployed barrier shields, in yellow-black armour, wielding plasma rifles.

2 Hunter-Killers: Attacking behind cover.

East Bellsford, Convoy #4: Fell behind and is attempting to reach Red Line.
Tharvax-8071 (@Jorick ): Agrees with Ralph's plan.

Captain Caitlin Atten, MD (@Seba ): Agrees with Ralph's plan and volunteers to help him sneak to the enemy.

Quentin Brant (@Snakey ): Agrees with Ralph's plan, volunteers to help him sneak to the enemy.
  • Drones Deployed (3): Scouting local area...
Gwen Argalla (@Holmishire ): Agrees with Ralph's nanite plan.

Ralph (P-NPC): Formulates an uncertain plan.

3 Medium Tank Crew ("Sabre" class): 3 tank crew. (Driver, primary gunner, commander.) Tank is made for 4, but the secondary gunner is dead. The tank has been abandoned, and the crew are on foot.

45 Civilians: Only ten are armed, but all are scared shitless. The ten armed could be inspired to fight, given the right words.

1 Plasma Tank (Artillery Configuration): It's set up and ready to fight.

2 Wraiths: Guarding the Plasma Tank. Armed with barrier shields and plasma rifles. They're deployed, but facing towards the subway station--they won't provide much cover from a flanking attack by Convoy #4.

Unknown Sniper: Unknown sniper of unknown origin, possibly in the building behind the tank.

Additional NPC information here. Don't be afraid to ask more info on them.

Stress said:
Still, McCormick could feel his pulse pounding at this point, stress was rising.

Tip: This right here is an indicator from me to you if your character failed a courage check. It usually takes more than one failure before your character will panic, but keep an eye out for these key terms. I'm not hijacking your characters when I do this, I'm letting you know when they failed a stat check. :ferret:

Next GM IC Post will go up Sunday 27th.

@Azathoth You can describe your character going all the way down on the rappel and reaching the marble steps at the bottom in a single post. Normally I'd have described your general hopping on the rappel line and going all the way down, but instead I'm leaving that to you to give you more to do. Just letting you and everyone else know so that nobody thinks your character was left behind and Morgan went down alone, that way, y'all can keep going down in pairs of two. :ferret:

Nightmare Fuel said:
As the massive, lumbering creature finished crawling its way down the steps, the hail of bullets gave it momentary pause, especially the ones aimed for its eyes. Then, Kephart's heavy slug impacts it and rips through it, causing it to violently explode and send blood and guts splattering in every direction. The blood hisses and spits like acid with everything it comes into contact with, including one of the hapless militia, who screams in pain as it burns his face. It wasn't potent enough to quite kill, but was definitely potent enough to leave permanent facial scaring, and damage any equipment it came into contact with. Kephart, though splattered with a few bits of the acidic blood, was only damaged in a superficial manner. Meanwhile, the table that Finnergen was taking cover behind has a large chunk of it simply melted away by the acidic compound.

As everyone then peeks back out after taking cover from the acidic spray, three hunter-killers burst out from the large corpse. The shredded remains of a fourth could be seen, if one were perceptive enough to look for it amongst the bloated carnage. Laura, having smartly waited, manages to aim down her sights and riddle one with a barrage of bullets, sending it to the ground. The other two however, bound past cover and attack the militia, ripping out their throats in a crazed frenzy. One only five feet away from Marcus, and the other just a couple feet from Kephart.

@ChromeHound has failed to post this round. If he fails to post for one more round, he'll be removed from the RP.
@Silverdawn has failed to post this round and last round. He has thus been removed from the RP.
@Aleksandar has failed to post this round. Yo yo, Dr Gaius, you around? :ferret:

If there are any questions, as always, just ask. :ferret:

Throws a grenade (what type?: Assuming fragmentation), doesn't immediately fire and waits? (Setting up for a better shot? Reaction fire?) (Assumed she took the shot if it was available.)
Sorry, will in the future detail it a bit better, but am happy with the result (I'm not useless, yaaay!) .
Hope that my current post is all good/better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back