Colony Galileo

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Post coming up this Sunday! Two days left, people!

@Brovo

I've decided to set RPing aside, so feel free to use or dispose of my character however you see fit.

Post is coming Wednesday. (As in, the 14th.) My apologies for the delays folks: Some personal stuff came up and I couldn't focus on a post as a result.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
To conform with changes in Legend of Renalta's system, Colony Galileo will no longer have action logs. RIP Action Logs.

Tutorial is over! Y'all will now be introduced to the hub. There, you will have a little time to catch your breath, and make a decision about what to do next in order to survive. You can refer to NPC's, or convince them to join you. You can split off into groups of any size, though I would prefer at least three or more players remain together per group.

The objective is now merely that of survival. How you choose to survive is on you, though the more fellow players you work with, the higher your odds. Two days, two nights is all that is required in the IC.

All players receive two extra stat points and 1 extra custom trait point to spend however they wish. :ferret:

I'm available for collaborative post writing. It would go fastest over IM's, but PM's also work as an alternative.

The Hub: Central City is a natural gathering place for people. Here, you can find gadgets, people, and so on, from all walks of life. Within the immediate vicinity, you'll have the following items of interest and locations at your disposal. You'll want to come up with a survival plan as quickly as possible, as the plot now hinges on your decisions.
  • Casualties List: In the plaza is a series of automated information kiosks. They typically play advertisements, the news, or provide directions within the city, but presently, they're showing lists of casualties, MIA's, and confirmed alive. You can confirm your own survival there by putting in your ID card. I'll leave it up to you if your families and what not are KIA, wounded but alive, MIA, or confirmed alive.
  • Workshops: Various mechanical shops and the like. It may be possible to acquire a vehicle, or other tools. Again, I'll leave this up to you. Please note that aerial vehicles will likely be targeted and shot down by the Chryssalid blockade the moment they leave city limits.
  • NPC's: Morgan, Berry, Ralph, and Nikolai all have their own experiences and training they can bring to the table. They can offer plans, or help adjust plans. They'll do everything they can to help player characters. If you want to interact with one, just start a collaborative post with me.
  • Various city services: Hospitals, hotels, restaurants, and so on. If you can think of a use for one of these, feel free to go through it all in a single post. (ex: You can visit the hospital, ask for medical supplies, take what you need, and leave, all in a single post.) There are no time constraints on hub posts.
  • "Escape" services: Less than reliable, black market type folk, are offering to smuggle people out of the besieged city and into the countryside. There's no doubt they can do that, either. You just have to contact one and arrange a destination, then return an hour later to travel there. You will want to go in groups, the countryside may be safer than the cities, but it's not entirely free of Chryssalid presence.
  • Would-be heroes: There are at least a half a dozen would-be heroes each attempting to convince the people on the plaza to stand together and fight for their homes. You could stand with them, if you wish. Perhaps even become one of them, if you wish, as your characters will automatically be more influential than them.
As for the city and its surrounding areas...
  • Central City: A defensible choke point with towering skyscrapers and several city services. Power generation here is shielded from EMP and the generator itself is located underground. There are automated turrets, but they're presently focused on AA duties. Hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people, are all cowering here, hoping they'll survive.
  • Cave system: Colony Calileo is riddled with caverns and caves that can be accessed either with powerful explosives in a subway tunnel, or by departing the city and going a few miles into any set of hills. These tunnels connect across the entire planet, but many of them are old and unstable. There are some signs there was once a civilization that lived within those caverns, but they're long gone.
  • Farmland: There is tons of it, stretching in every direction. This was an agrarian world.
  • Mountains: There is a mountain range to the north of the city, about one hundred kilometers away. It is also connected to the cave system, and it's known that there was an abandoned military outpost there. Abandoned mainly because there were military budget cuts recently. Oh, the irony...

If you have any questions, ask here in the OOC. I'll be glad to answer them. Otherwise, tutorial is over, training wheels have been taken off, and y'all are now free to make your own decisions. :ferret:

@Kadaeux failed to post.
@Snakey failed to post.

Reactions: Aliceee
Deuce is gonna be away from Iwaku for a while. How long? No one knows. So just a heads up to throw my char into inactive or whatevz. Shit sucks, but life, what can ya do fam?

One point each in marksmanship and strength, and I upgraded "I'm a Doctor, Dammit" so it now gives +2 to Survival instead of +1. Tada

I will put one point in markmanship and strength. Upgraded 'Flexible', which gives now thus +2 to agility instead of +1. Updated.

+1 to Intelligence, +1 to Agility, and upgrading Out of Sight. X

So, who wants to get a group together and make for the countryside?

I'll most likely join the countryside group. It depends on how many people are also going.

So due to being sent on a journey around the outernet to adult early I can't really keep in roleplays. So that means I have to drop this one harder than my mother dropped me on my head when I was an infant. True story.

I SURVIVE THE TUTORIAL SECTION BITCH! WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!

Gave Prosper 2 more points to Marksmanship and used the trait point to give him a new trait giving him a fancy new rifle. I plan on Roleplaying out his acquisition of the rifle, so he doesn't just magically have it now, but it would be pretty simple for him to make. Pretty much adding sensors and things to a standard service rifle.

Okay, upgrade stuff, post to come some time this week.

Tharvax is getting +2 Survival to push that up to 11 as well. His custom point is going into Terrifying Presence just to make it better all around.

Norb is getting +1 Marksmanship and +1 Courage. His custom point will upgrade his plasma rifle by giving it a special firing mode that dumps all remaining ammunition into a single shot, because single blasts of plasma aren't as cool as a stream of the shit flying at bad guys.

@HerziQuerzi and @Seba, I'm also up for the countryside.

For Gwen's upgrades, +2 Agility, and a new custom trait that gives recognition/trustworthiness social boosts due to her role in advertising campaigns for her enhanced skeleton.

William is getting +1 Courage, +1 Marksmanship, and ranking up Quick Trigger which nominates +1 Agility. I'm still on the fence about the story line with his family so I may tailor it to something congruent with what we are doing as a group. He'd be down for the country side, or a more risky adventure if a few others felt so inclined.

Oh, I forgot to mention my plans. Norb is down for the countryside too, he just wants to survive.

Tharvax though, he ain't about just scraping by. He'll want to stand and fight with the would-be heroes.

Prosper is just going to follow Leonie. And flip the hell out about the command structure being demolished.

@Holmishire, @Seba, @Jorick, @Helios

Okay, let's get this rolling. If you could all reaffirm that you want to go to the countryside, along with a vote for a) Use one of the npc smugglers to fast travel there or b) roleplay our way out of the city ourselves over how-ever-many rounds that might take, that would let me get started on throwing a collab together.

b) roleplay our way out of the city ourselves over how-ever-many rounds that might take,
I vote for this independently of whether or not we utilize the smugglers. From an IC perspective, smugglers seem like a smart move.

So I guess I vote for a+b, or just b if that's all that's available.

Yeah, Norb will do the thing, smugglers seem like the better route.

Status
Not open for further replies.