Collateral ( A Super Hero RP with Consequences) IC

Victoria Murphy

The other lawyer has been largely quiet of late. She looks down at her phone looking at a new text from her client Icarus.
She shows it to Valerie.

"Well, Shielder claims someone close to him is in Danger from the metah called Vengeance. Though My drone footage has him very close to Fury. I suspect he is working with the other mercenary. "

Vanessa O'Toole aka Emerald Dream

Emerald comes out of the bathroom in her superhero gear, complete with fighting staff.

"Spector, forgive my suspicious nature, but between the shape shifter and the unconscious fire meta, I think perhaps Mister Colton might be better utilized here. ? Just in case someone is still in Wildfire's head".

" Outside of that, I am ready to go when you are"

Matthew Harris/Twiggy and Colton Blake,

Matthew had been quiet while the others had been discussing their future plans. He took a moment to consider what he was going to say and before he could get the words out of his mouth, Vanessa had said it for him. "I think I agree with Vanessa. Colton was the one who managed to separate Michael back into the shapeshifter, Warren and Michael. Though, I haven't seen Dean since the park. That may be a problem as we don't know where he stands on all of this. But first, let's get those files. I will go with you."

Colton looked at the ground for a moment. "If I may make a suggestion, since you are already taking Matthew, perhaps it would benefical if Ian went with you as well, Catherine and I can keep an eye on Warren and the drones. That way you won't be down a man. Though Ian may look mortal, he's actually a meta. Though, he never did tell me what his power is."

@Gands @Huntress @Astroblaze

JohnR
John Reidenbach/Spectre
April 3, 2018 | afternoon | Manhattan, NYC—The Nook

Victoria (@Gands), Vanessa (@Gands), Ian (@LuckycoolHawk9), Matthew (@LuckycoolHawk9)
Shielder (@slifer), Agent Fury (@Astroblaze), Colton (@LuckycoolHawk9)

Spectre glanced to Victoria at the lawyer's comment, brow knitting together skeptically. "Shielder's working with Fury?" Well, that put the interaction he'd witnessed between them at the park in a strongly different light.

He turned to Emerald Dream as she rejoined them, Twiggy affirming her suggestion. "No no, don't apologize: you're right. I wasn't thinking," he conceded, glancing curiously toward Ian at Colton's statement. "Ian, you're free to join us or stay behind, whichever seems a better use of your skills. I don't expect Fury to turn hostile unless explicitly provoked. We need to move, though."

Motioning for the rest of the party to follow, he strode through the bar kitchen and out the back door, watching the darkening skies closely. As the others followed him out, he lifted a hand to Dream. "In the interest of time, I planned to carry you, if that's alright."

He helped the heroine climb onto his back, easily supporting her armored weight, and turned to Twiggy. "Fury's office is located in a warehouse yard on the southeast side of Brooklyn, by the old shipping docks. We'll rendezvous at the western gate," he directed. "I'll lead the way from there."

"Keep close and hang on tight," he cautioned Dream as he crouched, bracing his feet against the ground. Releasing a concentrating breath, he launched himself and his passenger into the sky, flickering out of sight as they shot above the level of the buildings—Dream would feel the invisibility activation wash over her in a wave of ice from head to toe before leveling out into a mild chill.

Pausing at low altitude, Spectre scanned the city far below to make sure Twiggy was on the right track, then twisted and darted off southeast at a rapid but reasonably careful clip, doing his best to keep his mind on the mission and off the woman clinging to his back.

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gands
JohnR
John Reidenbach/Spectre
April 3, 2018 | afternoon | Brooklyn, NYC—warehouse yard

Emerald Dream (@Gands)
Ian (@LuckycoolHawk9), Twiggy (@LuckycoolHawk9)

Even at a fraction of his maximum speed out of care for the flight-unaccustomed Dream, Spectre soon found himself leaving the glimmering lights of the active city, soaring toward a dark, silent mass of buildings. Slowing, he slanted his flight path downward toward a lonely gatehouse beside the untended road leading into the lot's western edge.

To his surprise, Spectre found Ian waiting for him by the gate with Twiggy nowhere to be seen. 'Huh. Maybe his mysterious powerset includes teleportation.' Setting Dream back on her feet, he folded his arms, watching the empty road for the missing speedster.

Several minutes later, Twiggy appeared at the end of a speed-blur. Spectre quirked a skeptical eyebrow at the shopping bags the speedster carried but opted not to comment. Motioning for the other metas to follow, he stepped over the broken-down gate and strode into the lot, the glow of his narrowed green eyes much more prominent in the dark of the lot as his gaze darted watchfully between the shadows in the group's path.

Emerald Dream aka Vanessa O' Toole

Emerald was largely quiet during the trip, pulling up a lower face mask from her outfit and having pulled out and worn a set of high tech goggles to protect from wind. When her goggles could detect no advanced laser based security she let Specter know, while scanning the area for cameras. When they were close enough, she acrobatically hopped off, of course landing gracefully.

As they patiently waited for Twiggy, she kept her eyes scanning for things drawing power within her sight. aided by her fancy goggles. She also used the goggles to scan in the ultraviolet spectrum, then infra red.

As Twiggy arrived, she too gave the speedster the your kidding face, then fell in behind Specter as they entered the compound.

1578789357551.png

A quarterstaff seemed to materialize in her left hand as they walked. Her goggles gave her eyes a very mild green glow to compliment Specter's. She didn't speak outside of the one sentence about lack of laser security. Her movement was very quiet and stealthy. For the moment, she kept near Ian, not sure what protections he might have in the case of a betrayal or ambush.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Astroblaze
Ian Booker and Matthew Harris/Twiggy

Ian would look at his watch as the other two would arrive before Matthew and he held back the urge to comment until a minute passed and the man still hadn't arrived. " Twiggy is a lot of things, but being on time has never been one of the many skills that he has. You may have left him on the right track when we left, but he most likely got distracted on the way here. Hopefully, he will get her-" Ian watched as Twiggy would speed in with several shopping bags. Sometimes he thought that the college student had his priorities a bit backwards. But he didn't say that a loud though he could tell both of the heroes weren't impressed by his arrival.

Twiggy had arrived with seven shopping bags. One was clearly from Gamestop, one from Century 21, one from what could only be assumed was a local book store, a bag from a shoe store, a bag from Verizon, a bag from a fast food joint and what could only be described as a bag from an unkown source. " Sorry, went to get a burner phone for contact, but that took so long that went to the book store while he got the phone, but that took no time, so I stopped in a few more places, went back for the phone, got slightly lost and needed food to restore my energy and now I'm here."

@Gands @Astroblaze

• Useful
JohnR
John Reidenbach/Spectre

Twiggy (@LuckycoolHawk9), Emerald Dream (@Gands), Ian Booker (@LuckycoolHawk9)
Agent Fury (@Astroblaze)

"I don't suppose you considered where you're going to put all of your purchases when we're working," Spectre remarked wryly in response to Twiggy's explanation, after a murmured word of thanks to Dream for clearing the area—though he already knew from previous investigations that all security measures about the lot had been taken down a long time ago. 'Or perhaps,' he internally added, 'that we are on the clock and your little side-quest could have been delayed rather than making us wait.' He remained silent on that matter, however; there was no need to start an argument, especially when they needed to work together.

Scanning the warehouses on either side as the group progressed into the lot, Spectre finally halted in front of one a little ways in, lifting his eyes to the bold black F painted at the apex of the shallowly slanted roof, matching the E and G of the warehouses on either side. "F for Fury," he murmured, "probably his second favorite four-letter f-word." Cracking a wry smile, he approached the smaller door tucked in beside the hangar door. "I do have to admit, though," he commented to the others, "it's somewhat impressive how he's been able to hide in plain sight all this time, and while not even trying to hide."

He tested the knob and, finding it locked, turned back to the others. "Keep an eye out. I'll be right back."

He released a breath through his nose, relaxing his body as a numbing chill swept through him, and stepped forward, stretching out his hand toward the door. As his hand met the metal surface, it vanished into the door, followed by the rest of him as he stepped through.

Brilliant green eyes surveyed the windowless room he had entered, nocturnal senses cutting easily through the black. Seeing no initial danger, he flipped on the switch beside the door, squinting for a moment as his eyes adjusted to the bright light from overhead strips. Agent Fury's office remained much as he remembered it: a small, Spartan waiting room with a clean concrete floor and chairs lining the corrugated walls on either side, leading down to the closed and presumably locked door of his actual office-space. A simple black clock was hung on the wall near the office door, with a matching on the wall beside the front entrance.

Spectre stepped carefully around the room, glancing over each element though he didn't expect to find much suspect. This was an office, not a death trap—and those weren't Fury's style, anyway. The locked box with a paper slit across the lid, set on a small table by the office door near a small stack of miniature forms seemed new, though. Bending down, he read the inscription taped to the front of the box:

I don't have hours and I usually don't drop by my office that often unless I already have a reason for being here, so unless you've already made an appointment, leave your contact info in the box and I'll get back to ya.

Well, this was technically a business he was running, after all.

A framed sign hung under the clock on the wall as well. It didn't seem familiar, but then he hadn't been paying much attention to the decorations last time he was here.

Remember:
1. You want to fight: stay standing. You want to pretend you don't want to fight: find a chair. Anyone not sitting or moving as if to do so when I come in is getting attacked.
2. If you find yourself sharing my waiting room with somebody you don't like, go ahead and duke it out, I don't fucking care—just be warned that 1) if I come in to find you fighting, I might join in, and 2) if you damage any of my stuff, you get decked and you pay for it. No exceptions. Trust me, if you so much as scratch a table or dent a chair, I will know, and there will be no mercy.
3. You try and turn on me and you won't like how it ends. I can and will sue your ass until whatever reputation you have is fucking obliterated, as is your financial status. No promises I won't beat your ass first, either.

Spectre smirked, shaking his head. 'Of course.' Now that was more Fury's style.

He checked the office door and, finding it locked as he had predicted, intangibly stuck his head through the door. Again unsurprisingly, Fury was not in yet, his desk sitting quietly in the middle of the small room with his chair behind and a few chairs for clients scattered in front, locked filing cabinets and other small items lining the walls.

Crossing the room back to the front entrance, he unlocked and opened the door, stepping back to allow the others in. "All clear, for now at least. He isn't here yet, either."

He gestured to the chairs around them as he took one himself. "Take a seat. He's more likely than not to attack you if you're standing when he walks in."

Vanessa made her way inside, letting a nightvision drone loose just before going inside. She makes her way quietly to a seat and sits.

Her staff seems to fade away as she does so. Outside, the drone manuevers to its preprogrammed altitude. Its mission is to keep an eye out for visitors.

Back inside Emerald is relatively close to Ian, wanting to keep an eye out for the man's safety. Twiggy she pays very little attention to for the moment..

She takes out a computer / tablet of her own design. With it she monitors the drone outside while reviewing the locations the are watching now. She monitors the area again for the shrinking heat powered woman she was in the process of hiring that morning.

She sends a coded message to a private company message board for her sister.

{" Made it safely to Fury not secret hideout. He isnt here yet. Will keep you advised. ED"}

• Nice Execution!
Ian Booker and Matthew Harris/Twiggy

Ian took a moment to examine the room, taking in every detail and even taking the time to read the sign warning him that if he didn't sit, he would be involved in a fight. That certainly was an interesting choice to be made. Though he had to consider how long it would take for Twiggy to get especially bored of sitting and waiting. As much as he had bought stuff to occupy himself, the hero wasn't one to stand still. Now if that was because of his status of having the gift of super speed or something before his meta-human powers even activated, Ian wasn't quite sure himself. " There is something to be said that all of this has brought us here, between Myst's coded message and all these cases, there has been a strange lack of destruction in the city. Excluding the plane recreation act and the initial murder.... you know, on a technical level, that still hasn't been solved, and the park disaster. It feels like there is some bigger picture that we are missing."

Twiggy looked up from the phone. " You forgot to mention Detective Clark winding up in the hospital. Injured, but not dead."

Ian sighed. " That was my point, there's been a surprisingly small amount of collateral. All of these cases are about recreating damage, but there hasn't been anything scaled as large in terms of destruction. Is Myst pointing out the flaws in the system or more showing the flaws in how damage can be migitated?

Twiggy was silent, not exactly having an answer to Ian's question. All he did know was that Fury was taking a while.

@slifer @Astroblaze @Gands

Morgan Jones/Figment

Time. He would never know time. Morgan would turn off the song, he was listening too as he approached a bar. It was weird to think he hadn't been out for a long time, but whenever he was, he always found himself listening to Broadway tunes. It was something that his sister, Layla and him had listened to when they had been growing up. Of course, that was before he had disappeared, before everything had happened. From what he had gathered, everyone thought he was dead- though he didn't understand why. He hadn't died.... or at least he didn't remember that happen. After all, the musical put it best, " Does the story end or never end? Does the secret fade or is it everlasting?" That line seemed especially true when he become a hero. He would pull on the bar door and be met with a locked door. " Hello, anyone here?" He asked, in an accent that sounded distinctively British.

@Huntress @Anyone at the Nook

Emerald Dream

Vanessa listened as part of her mind watched the drone camera.

"Well Ian, let me remind you, it's been less than forty eight hours since the initial murder. That and the detective in charge was hurt by the shapeshifter. Sadly my own skills are technological in nature. My people skills are crap. I would make a horrible detective. "

She is thinking to herself, that she thought she had more patience... Waiting for Fury to bother showing up is driving her nuts.

JohnR
John Reidenbach/Spectre

Ian (@LuckycoolHawk9)
Twiggy (@LuckycoolHawk9), Emerald Dream (@Gands)

Spectre tensely observed Twiggy out of the corner of his eye, noting that the young speedster seemed a bit fidgety. Hopefully that energy wouldn't end up provoking Fury; the mutant was well-aware that the mercenary would be all too happy to get into a tussle, and they didn't have time for that.

"The murder of that girl is beyond our scope now," he remarked to Ian. "I personally intend to help as much as I can, but it's primarily for the detectives to handle. And of course, Detective Clark has come upon a spot of difficulty recently," he added, nodding to Dream in acknowledgement of her reminder. "Bigger picture, though, I can definitely agree with. Val did observe that this 'Myst' lady seems to be making herself into a scapegoat of sorts, taking on the role of 'bad guy' to be a catalyst for societal change. As for those flaws, as far as I can tell, it could very well be both."

He shifted his weight onto his thighs, affixing the man with a keenly studying gaze. "But what about you, Mr. Booker? Colton mentioned that you're no common civilian. If you don't mind me asking, what is your power-set?"

Valerie
Valerie Newmann

invitation to Victoria (@Gands), Colton (@LuckycoolHawk9), and Catherine (@LuckycoolHawk9)
Warren (@LuckycoolHawk9), Meghan (@Huntress), Morgan (@LuckycoolHawk9), Martin (@Astroblaze)

Tossing back the last swallow of her drink, Val left the empty glass on the counter and hopped down from her bar stool, striding across the floor to the nearest table. Letting the strap of her bag fall from her shoulder, she set it in a chair and unfastened the flap, tucking it behind the bag. A brisk hand drew the manila envelopes of the three case files from its depths and laid them across the table: #13, #215, and the ominous REDACTED, along with #1, not directly implemented by Myst but apparently related due to its connection to Case #0. If she remembered correctly what Spectre had told her last night, that meant that Fury had #0 and #300.

"So while our hero friends are retrieving the other two files, here's what we have to work with," she declared, lifting her hands in an invitation for the others to gather around the table.

With a watchful glance to Wildfire, who seemed to still be unconscious, and Meghan, who gave no indication of leaving her booth, she opened each folder and set them in a column along the polished wood. "I don't know if either of you know anything about case-work—" referring to Colton and Catherine— "but Victoria, if you could help me sort out which pages go together..." Case files were usually dated to help keep them straight—and probably to help avoid mishaps like this, honestly. "We won't have full documentation and there'll be some stray pages belonging to the other two, but maybe it'll be enough."

As she started to organize the pages, however, a knock and a voice calling out from the front entrance stopped her. She frowned, looking over her shoulder to the locked door. "That's not Martin." She glanced between the others, silently questioning if they should let in their unexpected and strange visitor.

Ian Booker and Matthew Harris

Ian would look for a moment and consider Vanessa's point briefly.

"That is indeed very true. It's very easy to forget that everything has been happening so quickly. Yes, he was. That itself is very much a problem. Along with the very nature of how the two of them were murdered. The shapeshifter heavily implied he killed the duo, but yet, I feel like there is something off with that. Though I can't quite put my finger on what it is," he mused aloud, wondering how long Fury would take.

Twiggy was not doing with sitting still as he fiddled with the phone, unable to focus on the game that he was playing. He would switch over to the 3Ds, hoping that would make things better. It was not working as well as he thought that it would. He wouldn't mind getting in a fight to remove the boredom.

" Yes, it does seem that the murder is beyond our concerns now. While it may have acted as the catalyst for all that follows, it feels like something minor, compared to what Myst is doing right now. It seems almost like we went from something small to something grand. It does make me wonder, if Myst had tried more legal means, would we see her as less of the villain and more as a revolutionary? I fear the ripple effects of what she is doing haven't quite been made clear to her. All it takes is one person to start an unbreakable chain reaction. But, it is good that you also think that it can be both."

Ian would look at him with a smile. " I imagine that you would be curious about that. It's not so much more power as much as abilities I learned from my father. He taught me how to move between the shadows and to a very small degree, manipulate them. Actually, I think you could say that Miss Vanessa and I have something in common when it comes to paternity."

@Gands @Astroblaze

Colton Blake, Catherine Harris, Warren/Wildfire and Morgan Jones/ Figment

Catherine would take a moment to check on Warren and it seemed that he was indeed still knocked out. In a way, she was relieved as she wasn't sure if he would still be under the mind control. The last thing they needed was for him to be under Myst's control and burn the files that had been gathered so carefully. She knew a lot about the documents, though the exact details of the case were not known as she had not been the judge on them. Actually, she paused for a moment. She knew who was the judge on all the cases as soon as she saw the names on all the papers. Oh... that makes things a lot more complicated than before. She would consider holding back the information.

She would approach the table and took the moment to look over at the files and there was this sense of uneasy. If the last two were indeed also- then Myst had a vendetta to settle.

" As a judge, I have much experience with these files, but there is something important that I just realized now that I am seeing all of the files. I am surprised that Dean Chambers didn't mention it when he was helping us- each and every case that we have spread out on the table. Each and every one has been done by one judge. Of the three numbers I do see, Judge Ian Chambers resided as the person who handled these cases. Add that to the fact that it was his daughter who was killed last night, it only seems that everything is aimed as a vendetta against him. Though the question remains, why this particular judge?"

Colton stared out the door. " Well, I do have to say this, even with everything that has happened, I didn't expect that. The person at the door is Morgan Jones. But here's the thing- Morgan Jones died a few years ago. I don't even think the shifter would be dumb enough to become a dead man... which means this is something else entirely."

@Huntress @Astroblaze @Gands

JohnR
John Reidenbach/Spectre

Ian (@LuckycoolHawk9), glance to Emerald Dream (@Gands)
Logan (@LuckycoolHawk9), Warren (@LuckycoolHawk9), Michael (@LuckycoolHawk9), Mystification (@LuckycoolHawk9)

Shadow manipulation—that sounded familiar, though Spectre couldn't quite put his finger on why. Maybe he could check his records once he returned home.

He glanced curiously to Dream at Ian's remark. What did Ian mean by that they had paternity in common? Were they related? half-siblings maybe? Or did their respective fathers just have similar power-sets? He knew virtually nothing about her backstory. Maybe he could ask her about it sometime, if she was willing.

"I think Myst knows exactly what she's doing, in that respect," he chuckled, quirking a thin smile. "For her to have acted legally certainly would have been easier on all of us, but perhaps she thought that wouldn't be potent enough."

"As for the shifter—" he shrugged— "well, I was there: I saw the crime scene first-hand, and I later apprehended the evident murderer at the bar. The thing is, it wasn't one individual: it was three fused into one. Colton separated them, if he hadn't told you already," he noted. "That three comprised our currently at-large and very hostile shifter Logan, the currently unconscious but otherwise friendly pyrokinetic Wildfire, and the also at-large but most likely harmless cryokinetic Michael. Wildfire and Michael explain the powers evidenced on the crime scene, and both Logan's association with Myst and Myst's reign via mind control over Wildfire seem to explain the murder itself. That might be why Logan claimed responsibility for the whole thing. On a more complicated potential, he could also have been involved in Wildfire being captured by Myst. More likely, though, he just considered himself the driver of the whole scene, at Myst's direction, and claimed accordingly the 'glory' as he would most likely view it."

Valerie
Valerie Newmann

Catherine (@LuckycoolHawk9), Colton (@LuckycoolHawk9)
Ian Chambers (@LuckycoolHawk9), Morgan (@LuckycoolHawk9), Meghan (@Huntress), Ana (@Huntress)

Noticing Catherine's unease, Val turned her attention toward the woman. An explanation was soon to follow as the judge voiced her observations and concerns.

"Oh," the lawyer hummed. "I wasn't aware of that. Yeah, 'vendetta' sounds like a good word for it." She inclined her head, considering Catherine's question. "I mean, Judge Chambers does have a reputation for getting metahumans into all sorts of legal trouble, and being stricter on them than on us quote-unquote 'normal' people—" framing the term with a brief curling gesture of her fingers— "on average. She could be making an example of him to really draw attention to the injustice, anticipating people drawing the same conclusion you just did and scrutinizing his work to see why she was targeting him."

She turned to Colton as he spoke, brow knitting together. "Sounds pretty damn suspect to me. A man thought dead seeking out us specifically, and at this exact moment? No sir. There are reasons people fake their own death, and they're rarely friendly ones."

As she spoke, she semi-instinctively lifted a hand to her hip, brushing aside the folds of her jacket. Her palm met the solid butt of her revolver and a wave of relief washed over her. She did recall stopping briefly by her car outside the courthouse to retrieve the weapon before heading over to the Nook with Meghan, but after that incident on the bridge, she didn't want to take any more chances. The two of them had been extremely fortunate that Ana had been paying attention. Ana... where could the ex-heroine be now?

She shook her head to bring herself back into the present moment, returning to Colton. "Who's he associated with, do you know?"

JohnR
Reed
John Reidenbach/Spectre | Reed Overton/Agent Fury

Emerald Dream (@Gands), Ian Booker (@LuckycoolHawk9), Twiggy (@LuckycoolHawk9)

Barely had Spectre finished speaking when the metallic click of a locking bar disengaging sounded from the door. Spectre straightened, laser-focused on the entrance as the door swung outward with a low creak from the hinges, admitting an all-too-familiar towering figure.

Agent Fury's usually pristine suit was mussed as though he'd just gotten out of a fight, but the mercenary seemed unfazed as usual as intensely violet eyes swept over the quartet. Spectre felt his shoulders tense as the mercenary's attention lingered a touch longer on Emerald Dream, a corner of his mouth quirking upward under his paint. He turned then fully to Spectre, coolly locking gaze with the coiled mutant.

"You're late," Spectre observed coldly.

Fury made a show of checking a watch he wasn't wearing. "Actually, you're early." He bared his fangs in a sneer at the hero. "You say that as if you can do jack shit without me here."

Spectre remained silent, but his mouth tightened further, narrowed eyes flashing a dangerous green.

Fury chuckled and strode across the room, retrieving a small key-ring from the pocket of his jacket and disappearing promptly into his office.

Leaving the door standing open expectantly, Agent Fury laid the file folders neatly on his desk and seated himself, resting his elbows on the surface and pressing his clasped hands to his chin. He knew for certain he had the heroes at about as much of a disadvantage as he possibly could. Now, how to use that without scaring them off?

Spectre rose reluctantly from his seat, lifting a staying hand to the others. "I'll talk to him. I understand how he works, and he seems to respond well to me sometimes, strangely enough."

Emerald Dream {at Furys warehouse}

Vanessa watched the drones nightvision picking up Fury as he approached even as part of her mind continued to listen to Ian and Spector. At the paternal remark, Emerald looked over at Ian, thinking she should have noticed before this. She gives him a small nod to confirm.

Then Fury walks in. She had spent a little time studying his internet /media files. A man who was likely to care about and utilize his reputation. He used contracts to protect himself when working with or for others. He was highly mercenary. I.E. he liked to get paid. He was extremely strong, tough and a smart character. She studied him walking across to his office. Everything deliberatly done.

She noticed Fury giving her a moments extra look over. Then curiously Spector reacting to that... Interesting. The Spector announcing that he would do all the talking. Hmmmnph.. Making a lot of assumptions there. Vanessa sent a quick text {{ Showtime}} which was a term Victoria used for high stakes negotiations.

She got up from the uncomfortable metal folding chair walking slowly... Deliberately to sit next to Spector in front of Furys desk. Her body language reflected a wary comfortable feeling.

"Too much at stake " she said softly to Spector.

• Nice Execution!
Victoria Murphy *at the Nook *

Victoria's attention was thoroughly on the files she was reviewing and working on decoding. She really didn't pay much attention to the knocking at the door until it started to be part of the conversation. She noticed Val checking for her pistol, and it unconsciously made Victoria check for her own weapon, a high quality taser put together for her by her sister. Part of her mind heard what Catherine Chambers was saying and those pieces started to fall together quite interestingly.
Her phone dinged with the single texted word "showtime" . Negotiations with Fury had started. She continued with her decoding. she thought she had the tiny words, and came upon something she thought might be Ana....

Alexandra Kalomoira
Aka Lexi
(( Her family's Brooklyn mortuary, living quarters. ))

Lexi sat watching the drama unfold on the television. For the last few hours, the local news has been non stop about the riot in Central Park. Like watching a train wreck. At one point helicopter news cameras caught Superheroine Emerald Dream fighting some sort of Minotaur guy. At riot central, started apparently with some guy trying to give away drugs, that part wasn't clear. At various points, the people at this riot fighting each other, some of the City's notable supers and cops. At one point she was pretty certain she saw her bestie Felicity. She had tried calling earlier, but there seemed to be trouble getting through to phones in the park according to the newsies. So, she sat and watched.

Lexi lived a fairly mundane life. This was by design. Her biological father she discovered this year is the god of wealth and the underworld, or the dead, Hades. This was for a while something of a shock mind you. But she had known she was adapted from early in her life. Her step parents were really kinda cool most of the time. Perhaps a bit strict with some things and cool with others. She wasn't spoiled financially, but she was rarely wanting. She had been getting private tutors for many years, starting in fifth grade. She knew only their first names. The martial arts tutors, Sensai Bruce and Master Achilleus, There were others, they kind of switched every couple of years so far. Her body had begun to change in the last several months. This technically occured after she was introduced to her "Father". Stronger, faster, tougher, all that kind of stuff. She was told to keep these things to herself. Her family had its own enemies. Not that there was any trouble about that, who would believe her anyway.

She was pretty sure there was another like herself at her school, exactly who this other girls family was she couldn't be sure. She had met her bestie Felicity trying out for Gymnastics. Felicity was one of those girls with an overabundance of personality, especially compared to the quiet and laid back Lexi. It was through the efforts of Felicity that Lexi had been dragged, perhaps not unwillingly, into social activities. Shy normally, Lexi enjoyed the effortless way her bestie managed all things social. She had at the beginning of the school year been gifted with a new start of the art cell phone and a used motorized scooter. Theoretically, there was some sort of money fund in her future, but at the moment it was tied up till she got into college. She did have a fairly generous allowance compared to the other kids at school though.

Finally she tried calling Felicity again, at least this time it went through, even if her friend didn't answer.

" Hey Fifi, are you okay ? I saw you at the park in one of the Newsie videos on the T.V. What crazy stuff, anyway, I'm bored at home, please call me! "

• Love