(CLOSED SIGNUPS) Let the games begin-OOC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd suggest implementing a form of comms between characters then - shouting across all that distance would make tactical decision making difficult. Anyway, Fandrim is going to finish off Celia, and then we'll all gang up on the firecaster unless Lena takes them out first.

Aye, I looked it up on the Marvel Wiki - aqualad's weapons are sorcerous.

Karuko I will talk it over with the team. But I will tell you no for now. We have turned down a few others before you. Sorry. Four people works well for what we are doing. But I will talk it over with the guys/gals!

Message me and I'll plug you into another RP.

That's a brilliant idea Belakor! Some type of radio transmitter. They can be in our helms, or if we don't have one, some kind of headset. It would likely be something akin to ear muffs for the head set. Nothing small, but nothing ginormous.

http://oldheadphones.com/crystal/phones/a2wells.jpg Like that!

Annnndddd....I hate being that guy....but Aqualad is not Marvel!!!!!!!!!! He is DC! I'm sure you know that though :)

Sorry, yeah, he's DC; I'm a little bit tired. Have been for the last few day's - don't know what it is.

Here is my 1v1 guy

Name- Abdul Jaleer

Gender- Male

Age- 26

Class- Air Caster

Personality- Abdul is by all accounts an angry man. He has very little friends. His goal in life is to be on top of the food chain no matter where he is. His fighting style is aggressive. It's not uncommon for him to lose his temper. He is very quick with his hands, and surprisingly nimble.

Appearance- Abdul is medium height, heavy build. He is Iranian. He is bald and has black tribal tattoos on his head and face. He us built like a boulder. Big and sturdy, it takes a lot to knock him down. His eyes are a dark brown.

Bio- Abdul lived life on the streets. He grew up surviving because he was tougher than most people. He quite literally fought to stay alive. He has plenty of scars to prove it. He is in the games for two things, money and the chance to beat someone down and not get arrested for it.

Hey folks, thanks again for your patience!

While writing that post, I realized that Lena is not an offensive player - she's defense all the way. So while it was very impressive that each of your characters were able to single-handedly take out their respective opponents, that was not really an option for Lena. I hope none of you mind, but I've insinuated a few things in that post:

1. Lena's disk collision thing is a quick way to communicate to her team without yelling for them (which would be too obvious). It not only acts as a temporary diversion, but it should alert her team that she needs help.

2. I've implied at the end that everyone comes to Lena's aid.

I hope everyone is okay with the direction I went!

Well, Fandrim will be slow and weak - Celia's little tantrum messed him up, but he'd happily come help. Minor stuff like that is fine by me.

Yeah I dig it! I LOVE TEAM WORK!

Oliver is alive and well! So he can throw it dowwwwnnnnn.

I'm going to post first, Belakor can you follow up?

Maybe let Lena have the last hit?

I will end the match by bringing us up to the lounge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so here is a summary of what happened.

Our team went to the healers box and got patched up. I put in the healer box to better explain how we can still play the rest of the games.

We went up the lift. The lift is about a 3-5 minute ride. I tell you this in case you want some reflection time for your character.

Oliver, Fandrim and Lena get crowded by reporters and fans. Feel free to add what you'd like to your characters interviews and fan interaction. I just ask that you don't take away from it. If your characters want to ignore the questions, go for it, just write in that they did so.

Drey is in a little bit of trouble. But only Elizabeth is going to interfere. Sierra and I have pre arranged for something to happen.

Once you have finished up the "interviews" parts you may do as you wish. The Circles next match is in 2sih hours. In that time 1v1 is open, the lounge is open, as well as the city itself.

The citys public transportation consists of subways, sky trams, taxis, or airship taxis. Chicago has 4 levels. Sub-town, Ground-town, mid-town, and high-town. Sub is where real poverty is. Lot's of crime going on in the sub city. This is mainly a group of tunnels from old subways and shelters built in the past war as a way to hide from bombs. Ground-town is where the low income and middle class live. Not a lot of commercial places. Mid-town is mainly converted rooftops and places built on "stilts". Here you find stores and restaurants. All the rooftops are linked via walkways, and sky trams. Very little housing. High-town is the top parts of sky scrapers, luxury air ships, high end stores and fancy restaurants. This where the upper class mainly stay. Celebrities, politicians, and wealthy businessmen live here. Some parts of High-town are connected to Midtown by lifts and stairs. Other parts of High town are only accessible by airship or sky tram. High-town is very high up from Ground town.

I hope you understand what I have done with Chicago. It is both a horizontal city and vertical.

I know it might be more then we can really work with at this time, but I built it to leave room for small time exploration to some heavy plot later on, should we go that route.

Neo-Victorian Chicago sounds awesome! I like that you've thought about class and hierarchy and how they're reflected in the city's architecture and infrastructure. This will be a very fun environment to play in!

Sorry for missing all the notes here! Oh well, Lena didn't need to participate in the final moments of battle. Like I said, she is a defensive player, but this particular match and her lack of involvement in it will surely come up later. ;)

I'll get to writing!

Reactions: Digi-Guy
So I meant to put this in my last post and forgot. I also didn't expect it to be an issue so soon lol. But there is a law in the arena. It is illegal to discharge your weapon outside of the arena. Doing such will get you banned from the games and likely arrested. It is also illegal to engage another team in any form of combat outside the arena. Doing so will get you banned from the games.

Sierra, you did not know that because I never said it. So I will work it in this time so that Elizabeth gets off clean. But next time any of us do this, we would be banned. It just makes sense, adds a bit of realism to the RP.

Agreed!

Also, I am working on post #2 for the day. This is exciting for me, guys. If I get this second post up, it'll be my all time record. I've never posted twice in one day before. Hahaha! I'm such a slug!

Reactions: Digi-Guy
Okay, so baby post this time. And I do realize I didn't move anything forward in this one - sorry! I wanted to make sure we had time to interact with Elizabeth and Courtney a little before leaving the lounge.

Also, it seems to me a little soon to have another match on the same day, let alone within two hours. Would it be possible to extend the time between battles so our characters have a little more time to do non-battle-oriented things (like explore the awesome city) or take care of personal affairs (whatever those might be)? What if we said a battle occurs once every two or three days? That would also give solo players a chance to recharge a little before jumping into a 1v1 match. Otherwise they'd be going non-stop! Fandrim would die by match 2. Just a thought!

Hmm, I think that's fair Mika. What do the rest of you think?

All righty folks, my intention is to have Lena meet up with whoever is in the city, but based on PM conversations I'd had with Digi, I didn't want to presume any character would be in any specific place. So, it's a bit of a fade-out for now.

Also, while I've been having a whale of a time writing with you all and creating this quirky world, I think I'm actually going to drop out. I'm not bored with the story or anything like that! I'd just like to work on something different now. But I will stick around long enough to phase out my character so it doesn't appear as though she just drops off the face of the earth for no reason. No hard feelings?

Sierra, why the red X of doom? Was my post that bad? :/

MIKA! I can not say that I am happy about this. Bur I totally still respect you. I hope you will come back soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.