Clock-Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries.
If things move too fast just give me a poke and we can slow down.
I just wanted to move ahead a bit so everyone could interact with each other's characters.

Before I make a second post, can I ask for your approval on futuristic powercell ideas I had?

The AllSource cell: This is the one I want to use. It's a powercell that can be charged by almost anything - solar, hydrogen, gasoline, water turbine, propeller, nuclear power, radiant heat - the damn thing even has a hand crank so you can charge it by force. It charges her Rollrider.

My other idea involved a box that derived power from negative space. The gaps between the machines atoms are where the machine gets its power.

Ryex! You're real! I haven't seen a post from you since...well, this RP started.

Anyone want to volunteer to be the next picked up?

Police box? Really?

Anyway, I think you'll need to pick up your own character, Falcon before you get mine. She is the next furthest forward afterall.

Nope, Hillary is last, and when something is has no bearing what-so-ever on the S.T.A.N.

As for the police box - I was completely serious when I said S.T.A.N. could take that form at any time between 1970 and the next ten years or so and people would think it was just a marketing gimmick. When something is as popular as that show is, using the openings it provides is too easy not to do it.

S.T.A.N. is of course going to change into something less flashy for the other time periods.

And speaking of picking up Momdanda, any suggestions for the quickest way to go about it?

Well the absolute quickest would be abduction. You might want to go with something a bit more subtle, though. Blanking at the moment.

Yeah, not sure how an old man and a teenage girl would pull off a kidnapping.

I think I have an idea. How about sending a letter to her apartment, with a pass to Nomad City, in modern day Europe? Nomad City is where people go before they head off-world. There are millions of people, but not a single citizen. You could say in the letter that she yearned a chance to leave her world for an exciting opportunity (technically not a lie). It would draw her to the city, where maybe you'll have to convince SilverJae's character to talk her into coming along.

Just please no police box. I'm not sure even a show as awesome as Dr. Who will be on 20,000 years in the future. Make it look like a spaceship.

I have something far more subtle in mind for the S.T.A.N.

I like the letter idea. Though since they probably wouldn't be calling it e-mail that far in the future, especially since the language has changed what term should be used?
Also, is there a specific greeting that should be used in that time? I have a feeling an English "hello" might raise a few red flags.

For the e-mail question - I don't know. Say it's a ping! Say it's just mail! Say it's a slip! Those are some suggestions, anyway. They would probably all be recognizable.

And you don't have to worry too much about the content of the letter. Everything's being translated anyway. Although since nobody really says "hello" now how about "'ey?" Hey said quickly?

Map of the Servant of Time's Bubble, steelblue
SOTBubble.png
First Floor: Control Room, Living Room, Kitchen and Dining Room, Deck (Door is locked), Bode's personal area (door is locked)
Lower Floor 1: Rec Room, Laundry, gym, Men's and women's lockers, Pool, Gardens and Orchard, Pleasure Gardens and playing field, Library
Lower Floor 2: Eight guest suits each including a large closet and personal bathroom

I think I know why S.T.A.N. would keep ending up in the ocean, Falcon. I did the math and, at two inches per year, the continents will have moved roughly 1400 feet from their original positions by 25052. Also the year will be 4 1/2 hours longer. Do you want me to do the message, so that we can be sure it's something that would entice Mondanda to come? And how do you plan on convincing Xanthia to meet up with me?

If you want to do the message that's fine :)
My hope was to get Mondanda to at least the same street of the office building the S.T.A.N. is hiding in, if not the building itself, but I'll leave that to you.

Silverjae DarkJae - how would Xanthia feel about visiting a future world for a bit? is Bode going to need to go at least partway with her? or would she be ok on her own?

Well Mondanda would need to get the message first, since she's not IN Nomad City yet. I can write that in later if you want.

Hmm...Xanthia might be a little nervous about going into a strange time alone, but with some convincing about it being a 'new experience with much to learn', I believe she may be convinced.

Quiet One - I know she's not in nomad city, I only meant the message should direct her to the street/building as the location of the person offering her the "great opportunity" how she gets there is entirely up to you. Sorry if that wasn't clear :)
And yeah, if you could write the message, or just imply what it says that'd be great. Feel free to say Bode also gave her tickets or whatever she'd need to make the trip.

Posted. Hope you and Darkjae can work with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.