2. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Level: Casual, adept
Speed: Weekly, leisure
Size: 6-8 role players
Expected release date: In about two weeks from now on.
GM's: @Nemopedia, @Princess Misaou

RWBY
An alternate universe

Finally, tired of their chained existence the people started to revolt, fighting for their individualism and self-expression. The four kingdoms fell, but not their dictators. They decided to combine forces, creating a single world state where they ruled together. History was erased, forbidden to be passed down by the older generation as well. All traces of their previous four kingdoms, their identities and unique cultures were all removed and forgotten. From now on everything was known as Remnant and the people were called Remnants. Remnants of an erased past. They were all the same, one and combined with a shared past that started from the Great War.

The new world state subjected the Faunus into slavery that hadn't fled to the old continent Menagerie yet, removing them even further from ever gaining rights of their own. Activists that tried to oppose this were all stamped as traitors of the state and terrorists. They were free from the state, but nowhere safe. Humans didn't dare to help the Faunus, too afraid of their own limited rights. The Faunus themselves had no rights of their own to protect, nor the means to do anything asides from fleeing or being a slave.

To celebrate their greatness and to remind the people of the Great War, Remnant also opened a new school to educate hunters and huntresses. After all, the fight against the Grimm was never-ending and the demand is high. The Academy was formed, an elite school for the best students from all across the state. It is there where our story shall take place...

Once Upon a Time

In a kingdom, far, far away it is believed that everyone has a little magic sleeping inside of them. In the past when men knew how to awaken the power inside, using it for both the good and the bad. It happened often that the kingdom was plagued with great misfortune, but there was always a hero, or two, that stood up against the calamity. Fortunately the good always exceeded the bad and the kingdom always remained in peace a 'happily ever after' ending the lot. It is then that our stories, later called fairy tales, are born.

Though, the knowledge of magic has long since faded away the people still believe that everyone has a little magic sleeping inside of them. Growing up with the wonderful stories of their heroic ancestors the people wished to immortalise their ancestors by organising a festival. A festival in which the stories of the heroes were reenacted again for the wide public to see. This was the birth of the Story Time festival, and to take part in the play as one of the main heroes was a great honour. A honour that the kingdom gave to all firstborns of the family, no matter the gender, for they believed that a firstborn held a special connection to the magical journey of the ancestor.

So, this is an interest check for two role plays that will happen. Reason for this being that both role plays will be run by the same people, and easier to keep track for me. Both role plays are still under construction, but we already have a basic plot outline which will be revealed when the actual role play is released. Above is just to give you a brief overview and taste of the mood and setting that we are going for.

Also, we don't take reserves! It is useless to try that with us. If you're interested, let us know and we will tag you when the actual role play starts. However, since we want to keep both role plays small we like to keep the numbers around 6 to 8 role players.

You can decide to join both ideas, or either one of them. To make the headcount even easier for me, please give a rainbow if you want to join RWBY, a like for Once Upon a Time, or a love if you like to join both ideas. Of course leave behind a reply, or a comment if you wish to say anything, have any queries, etc...

Legend:
Rainbow - RWBY
clear.png

Like - Once Upon a Time
Love - Both!!!

- As promised to the people from Twelve Witnesses, here a tag to see if you're interested: @Wicked, @Tyrannosaurus Rekt, @Namora, @Ravenfrost, @VocaStar, @Jess Incognito, @Noctis the Devious, @TuttyTheFruity, @helblindi, @™ T A K E N O B U

UPDATE:

December 16, 2016 - The RWBY Sign Up has been released! Please keep in mind not to post OOC in the Sign Up thread. All questions should go through PM, or Discord!
GM Discord Handles: Nemopedia #8297 (or @Nemopedia in the Iwaku discord chat), PrincessMisaou #8832

Last edited:
I don't know if I can keep up with this and Hoggy o.o; Also I don't know anything about RWBY >.>;

I don't know if I can keep up with this and Hoggy o.o; Also I don't know anything about RWBY >.>;
That's fine! I was just tagging everyone from TW because we did promise to notify you all if we were going to do any future projects. To make it up for how we had to prematurely wrap it up due to life and etc...
You know I'm about these though
<3 I can count on my dinner~

I love both ideas. Funny thing is I've never gotten the chance to do a RWBY so let's see if I can this time.

I'd be interested in RWBY. Been in a couple roleplays about it but they never made it very far :(

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Nemopedia
I love both so I am in! I barely get to do either so count me in.^^

Oh, golly! Thanks for the many interests~ It is a great pleasure to see so many voice their intent. I hope to see you all still up and available when the role plays are released.

As for the RWBY interests that never watched the series. I advice everyone to do so, if only to familiarise themselves with the world, common lore, and style. This may be an alternate universe, but we still plan to adopt many elements discussed in the series. It is also good to gain a basic understanding in the terms used and can serve as a source of inspiration.

Episodes are short, varying from three-twenty minutes, and easy to watch. I believe the series is updated weekly and available through Crunchyroll or the Youtube channel of Rooster Teeth. It is quite easy to watch as well. I watched it in three days while working on a dreadful report.

If you don't feel like watching you can also read the wiki page of RWBY. It is also useful for when you need to freshen up your memory on what a semblance was again, or the likes.

I'll most likely watch RWBY again just to get a refresher haven't watched in a while.

*sneaks into the interest check with great interest of the interest check she is sneaking into, which she again, is greatly interested in*

Interest interest interest interest rwby rwby rwby

Have I got my point across :3?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be interested in seeing the Once Upon A Time roleplay kick off.

Reactions: Nemopedia
Potential interest here.

Potential interest here.
In which one? Both, or RWBY, or Once Upon a Time alone? I will otherwise just tag you in both when the time comes around, but a bit of clarification would be nice for the both of us. I wouldn't want to bother you with an extra notification.

Anyway! I had gotten from quite a few that they didn't really understand the plot of Once Upon a Time, yet. I will take the liberty to try and expand on what I can. Misa and I haven't fully fleshed out the plot yet, we are still working on some details. There are some points that we don't wish to release yet, so I can't share some details. I will update the first post in a bit with a few more lines, but to give you all a better image of what we are going for you can look at a 1x1 that was once tried and done between the two of us, which originally started at another site that has been closed.

C/P's the old plot from the site
[spoili]
"If this isn't called love,
Then there needn't be words
Ah, no matter how I think it through
The ending won't change."

The wolf that fell in love with red riding hood – Vocaloid

How it always went...

Little red riding hood was not to stray of the path. That was what mother had told her, because if she did the big bad wolf would eat her. That was how the story went. Bringing her cookies to her sick grandma and staying on the path. It happened often enough that Red riding hood decided to stray of the paths and pick some flowers, mostly by the suggestion of the Big bad wolf who was always trying to eat her.

However, as Little red riding hood was destined to have a 'happily ever after' there was always a hunter who saved her and her grandmother. Teaching the moral as not to stray of the path and not to speak with strangers. There was however not such an ending for the Big bad wolf, who was forever fated to chase after a prey he wouldn't get.

This was how the story between the two of them went on. Until the next generation was to carry on the story and start over again. The Big bad wolf would forever pull the short end of the stick and Little red riding hood would forever return home safely.

Red Riding Hood...

"Mother had been Little red riding hood."

"Mother's mother; grandma was red riding hood before."

"And then grandmother's mother;…"

"It is our fate to be Little Red Riding Hood."

In a little village far, far away, where fairy tales are very real a young boy was told what his role was until he grew up and was to send off the next generation.

"Isn't it boring, always the same story?" he asked, looking up unexcited to act out a story with some stranger that his ancestors one day had started.

"It is your fate. You can't defy it."

With these bitter words his mother kissed his head and waved the new Red riding hood out. "Don't stray off the path and never answer to strangers." Were the last words he heard before running down the path, down to what his life would be in the next following years for each day that he was; Little red riding hood.

Big Bad Wolf...

"It is an unfair world, dear."

The distant voice of her father sounded as the girl looked up.

"We aren't wolves." She stated. Annoyed that she was asked to play this silly game. Why did they have to abide to a rule of a country that had abandoned them? They were branded as villains, looked down upon and always spit after.

"It is your fate." Was what her father whispered, asking the heavens why this precious child was to endure such hardships. If only she had been born to the royal family, as a princess. If only she had been a normal human, anything but the ungrateful existence that their family was doomed to be.

"Father is a good person."

"Father's father; grandfather was a great person."

"and grandfather's father…"

Tears started to well up in the young girl's face. She knew they weren't villains. It was what the story made them out to be. Horribly misunderstood and threatened.

Her tears were still spilling as she made his way down to the path; to meet her fate until the next generation came.

A New Story...

Far, far away there is a little kingdom where fairy tales are very much true. Each day, when the newest generation turned six they were going to act out their assigned role. Sleeping beauty would curse herself and sleep a hundred years before waking up, Snow white would eat an apple and Little red riding hood would go out to bring cookies to grandmother.

Every day, until the next generation came and were ready to take over the role of their parents. A prince would make his way towards Sleeping beauty and kiss her awake, Prince charming would kiss Snow white and live happily ever after and the Big bad wolf would eat stones for another night, having failed yet again to eat Little red riding hood and grandmother.

Each day, until the next generation came and turned six. The same counted on the day where this story takes place. When a new generation prepares themselves to play their role, day in and out. Where Little red riding hood took out his basket and went into the forest, bored with the story. Where the Big bad wolf walked down the path with tears staining her face. Both were six when they met, when they were supposed to play out their story.

However, something went horribly wrong as they finally met. At least, wrong for the little kingdom they were from, far, far away.

[/spoili]

In which one? Both, or RWBY, or Once Upon a Time alone? I will otherwise just tag you in both when the time comes around, but a bit of clarification would be nice for the both of us. I wouldn't want to bother you with an extra notification.

Rwby, or a combo, likely just the Rwby, but I can go along with the other being thrown in.

Are we using anime or real life face claims?

Are we using anime or real life face claims?
Anime, art, etc... No real people faces. Sorry for these who have a preference to that!

• Thank You
Reactions: Sailor Arti
Damn. I need to start thinking about that question more rather than placing my interest first. I'm out! TT___TT

Status
Not open for further replies.