Cascade Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, thank God. My heart went into my throat when I saw the OP and then I realized that the OP was moved to the "Overview" section.

This will all take some getting used to buttt

#WeSurvivedUpdate9'15

I think we have a place for the cast list now? Maybe I can rework the OP so it's more organized.

Reactions: Muirgen
Is it letting you edit into the cast section? It isn't letting me do it in one of my 1x1's. *grumpy face*

Nevermind, It's a bug, it will be fixed.

Last edited:
I have no idea how to work anything >__> I'm glad I have a paste of the original OP code.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Not to be pushy here or anything, but we need to be more active than this and it would be nice if you could all start communicating with me. This isn't the first time that I've asked for input and it's gone unanswered. We're down some people and we need to keep moving forward. If no one wants a second character, that's fine, but you have to speak up so I know how everyone is feeling. If you're stuck and don't know what to post, say something. I don't think there's anyone here who wouldn't toss out ideas and help how they could. We've been on day one since July and with how much interest this first got, I expected to be much further by now.

I try really hard not to be a nag but I think such a slow pace is really wearing on those who are consistently active.

I'm going to start rebuilding the OP for the overview page soon, but I don't want to waste my time if this is just going to end up dying. So, with that being said, if you don't want to do this anymore, please speak up now so I can figure out how to move on with the others.

Thanks.

I'm in. Though I'd rather not make a second character if I can avoid it, but I will if it is what is needed to keep this RP afloat. I'm sorry for my silence following the last inquiry on your part, life caught me up a little.

I'm definitely not forcing anyone to take on more than they want to or can handle. The loss of the teacher as a player character has taken away the option of a few future ideas as of right now and I know some were thinking of adding a second character before. That was why I originally asked.

In general, the only way we're going to stay alive is to be consistent and keep a reasonable pace. I really don't think 1-2 posts a week is asking a lot.

I feel like this may be a bit of a passive-agressiveness toward me (since I'm the only one that hasn't been posting much)? If that's the case, I said I would post this past weekend and forgot all about the update. During the week, I am online on Iwaku constantly. It's always open and during my breaks, I'm always browsing and creating small characters. But when it comes to posts, I simply don't have the time until the weekends and that goes for every RP that I am in. School is more important. I'm sorry about that. There is no need to wait on me. I feel like I have been transparent about that, but I could be wrong. If this is a problem, tell me and I will leave so I am not a hindrance.

It definitely isn't? I'm not singling anyone out, I just mean in general. We have people studying for exams and someone on vacation right now, but I feel like we're still a little stagnant. At the same time, I've made it clear that RL always comes first and I've never once said that everyone should drop what they're doing and post immediately.

Edit:
And you're not the only one that hasn't been posting much. Everyone had slowed down compared to when we started. And I'm also not passive-aggressive, so if I had something to say, I'd say it to you directly.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
It definitely isn't? I'm not singling anyone out, I just mean in general. We have people studying for exams and someone on vacation right now, but I feel like we're still a little stagnant. At the same time, I've made it clear that RL always comes first and I've never once said that everyone should drop what they're doing and post immediately.

Edit:
And you're not the only one that hasn't been posting much. Everyone had slowed down compared to when we started. And I'm also not passive-aggressive, so if I had something to say, I'd say it to you directly.
It could just be because I'm tired and stressed, but that was how I read it. So my tired/stressed state could have just been reflected back at me through your post. That being said, thank you for your clarification. I didn't figure you would be that type of person, so I was a bit shocked when I read the post, seeing as how I have seen other GM's do the same thing to target one person out of fear of confrontation.

EDIT: And because I forgot to add this when I meant to: Apologies for my assumptions.

• Thank You
Reactions: neptune
I'm still in. Just trying to figure out how to move the story along without posting three paragraphs of thoughts and feelings. That gets boring rather quickly. I also don't want to make a second character. I have a tough time keeping up as is.

It could just be because I'm tired and stressed, but that was how I read it. So my tired/stressed state could have just been reflected back at me through your post. That being said, thank you for your clarification. I didn't figure you would be that type of person, so I was a bit shocked when I read the post, seeing as how I have seen other GM's do the same thing to target one person out of fear of confrontation.

EDIT: And because I forgot to add this when I meant to: Apologies for my assumptions.

Well that's not how I intended it at all. I just wanted to see where everyone was at and maybe figure out why we're cycling through these random bursts of activity and then falling silent again. The only thing I'm fearful of is all of our work going to the graveyard without getting a chance to even take shape first.

I'm still in. Just trying to figure out how to move the story along without posting three paragraphs of thoughts and feelings. That gets boring rather quickly. I also don't want to make a second character. I have a tough time keeping up as is.
I suggested bringing Alison out to the patio earlier so she could interact with Eric. There's a lot of things to do, really and little things that could turn into something more. For example, Lee burned his hand and it caused Casey to slip and talk about her old life. Did Alison hear it? Would she tell Eric? Like I said, I don't think there's anyone here who wouldn't offer suggestions if you're stuck. And the length isn't a big deal as long as we're moving forward. My posts are just longer because I'm writing for two characters and sometimes an NPC.

Well let me just my two cents in as well then, and sorry for not replying sooner Neptune, when you put the call out!

Honestly, I am at the point right now where I want to say I cannot post until after next Monday, because I honestly cannot concentrate, even a little, on anything fun. I tried to tonight, to sit down and write but the guilt and anxiety stole all the fun away and I just set it aside and went back to studying again. I know this doesn't help out with the pace of this RP at all, which is really what matters to you all.

I didn't expect this level of stress before I got notification of a test date, but here it is and there's nothing I can do about it. :( If you cannot wait for me, I totally do understand and will not take even a little offense at all. This isn't the way I've done any of my RPs before, with this level of not-writing for so long, and I do apologize.

Well let me just my two cents in as well then, and sorry for not replying sooner Neptune, when you put the call out!

Honestly, I am at the point right now where I want to say I cannot post until after next Monday, because I honestly cannot concentrate, even a little, on anything fun. I tried to tonight, to sit down and write but the guilt and anxiety stole all the fun away and I just set it aside and went back to studying again. I know this doesn't help out with the pace of this RP at all, which is really what matters to you all.

I didn't expect this level of stress before I got notification of a test date, but here it is and there's nothing I can do about it. :( If you cannot wait for me, I totally do understand and will not take even a little offense at all. This isn't the way I've done any of my RPs before, with this level of not-writing for so long, and I do apologize.
I'd never ask anyone to leave for being busy, especially with a test. And I think I've said before that I was willing to hold spots, so that really goes for all of you that are getting beat up with tests and school right now. I don't want to move on too far and leave all of you to play catch up, that's why I've let so much time go between my posts and the others.

• Thank You
There definitely is!

If no one wants a second character, that's fine, but you have to speak up so I know how everyone is feeling.
Not against a second character, I'm just pretty focused on Riley that I'm not sure where to start with another.

W.I.P

tumblr_inline_mildby78Ux1qz4rgp.gif

Name: Adrianna Alexandra Carinci
Physical Extras: (height, weight, distinct birthmarks, tattoos, piercings, etc.)
Sexuality: (optional)
Three Good Traits:
Three Flaws:

tumblr_lt4iciUG1E1qedu5qo1_500.gif

BEFORE
Place of Residence: (city, state)
Marital Status:
Family/Children:
Who was president when you came to Cascade Falls?:
(from Reagan to Obama)

NOW
Marital Status:
Family Children:
(if none, leave blank)

How long have you lived in Cascade Falls?: (no more than ten years)
Have you ever tried to leave?:
Have you ever been to the fence?:

IN-CHARACTER WRITING SAMPLE
(Write a scene from your character's old life)​

Gifs are fine @Karma200 but we set the sizes of all pics to be 250x250, so try to get them down to that. One pic should be enough.

• Thank You
W.I.P

tumblr_inline_mildby78Ux1qz4rgp.gif

Name: Adrianna Alexandra Carinci
Physical Extras: (height, weight, distinct birthmarks, tattoos, piercings, etc.)
Sexuality: (optional)
Three Good Traits:
Three Flaws:

tumblr_lt4iciUG1E1qedu5qo1_500.gif

BEFORE
Place of Residence: (city, state)
Marital Status:
Family/Children:
Who was president when you came to Cascade Falls?:
(from Reagan to Obama)

NOW
Marital Status:
Family Children:
(if none, leave blank)

How long have you lived in Cascade Falls?: (no more than ten years)
Have you ever tried to leave?:
Have you ever been to the fence?:

IN-CHARACTER WRITING SAMPLE
(Write a scene from your character's old life)​
When are we going to learn more about Adrianna? c:

Status
Not open for further replies.