Cascade Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
yall when I'm through with you:
tumblr_mr54k1uJJA1ql5yr7o1_500.gif
Fun fact.
I'm watching that show right now.

It's my day to hold onto the brain cell dearest - filling out more job applications and have to finish online CPR courses, so you'll just have to share the skull space today :heartsmile:
Fine. Take it. (good luck also).
yall when I'm through with you:
tumblr_mr54k1uJJA1ql5yr7o1_500.gif
I feel like this needs a solid gauntlet thrown down. @neptune.... Do... your... worst...

Fine. Take it. (good luck also).

I feel like this needs a solid gauntlet thrown down. @neptune.... Do... your... worst...
Challenge accepted >:3

Also, because SOME PEOPLE are watching Project Runway right now
tumblr_mzu8ssPqJy1qafpubo1_500.gif

but you're not pretentious <3

Oh! I'm reserving a spot! I'll have something up before I leave work today.

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Oh! I'm reserving a spot! I'll have something up before I leave work today.
:DDDDD looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Name: Alison Wood
Physical Extras: 5'5" tall and weighs 140lbs. She has a small tattoo on the inner side of her right wrist of a semi colon.
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Three Good Traits:
Compassionate: Alison is as sweet and wholesome as they come. She is always looking out for the well being of others and wants to help in whatever way she can being as sympathetic as possible. She is generous and loving.
Intuitive: She has very good perception and insight with people and situations. It was what made her a good journalist. She can tell when something just isn't right or when someone isn't being truthful.
Sociable: Alison is very friendly. She loves to talk and engage others. She is quick to make new friends and most people really enjoy her company. You can find her at all sorts of social gatherings.

Three Flaws:
Perfectionist: Alison can be a bit of a perfectionist. She can be obsessive about how she wants things from how the sheets should be folded to how she is dressed. She holds herself to a very high standard and it even carries forward to others as she will often times demand only the best from her friends.
Dramatic: She can also over emphasize and make trivial matters greater than they were ever meant to be.
Critic: Because she is a bit of a perfectionist she will often criticize others if they do not meet her standards. She can be a bit judgmental and her critiques are sometimes not very constructive. She will give her opinion even if she isn't asked for it.

BEFORE
Place of Residence: New York City
Marital Status: Engaged
Family/Children:
Mother: Maureen Wood (49)
Father: Collin Wood (52)
Sister: Talia Wood (19)
Fiance: David Gordon (29)
Occupation: Journalist. Alison had a full time position with the city newspaper and was well on her way to having an exemplary career in journalism.
Who was president when you came to Cascade Falls?: Barack Obama

NOW
Marital Status: Single
Family Children: None. Currently lives alone.

How long have you lived in Cascade Falls?: 5 years
Have you ever tried to leave?: Yes, once when she first arrived. Something just wasn't right about the town and she tried to leave one day but she couldn't figure out a way around the electrified fence.
Have you ever been to the fence?: Yes, more than once to silently examine it but she just can't figure it out.

In-Character Writing Sample:
"Good night Ali!"
"Night Monica! I'll see you in the morning," Alison called back to her co worker as she pushed the glass door of the office open and exited towards the elevators. Alison let out a deep breathe. It had been a tough day for her. She had written the story that was finally going to get her out of the cubicle she spent her days in yet something just didn't seem right about the story. Something was off and she couldn't quite figure out what it was.

The elevator pinged, the doors opening as Alison made her way inside. She pushed the L for lobby and leaned against the wall as the doors closed and the elevator hummed back to life, descending towards the main floor. It was only a few floors but it felt like she was in the elevator for an eternity. She couldn't shake the feeling that she was missing something and as the elevator doors finally opened, she moved quickly towards the exit. She waved at the security guard, giving him a soft smile and met her fiance, David, in the car. He had been waiting for her just outside the building doors in his black SUV. The man loved his trucks.

Climbing inside Alison leaned in and kissed David sweetly. "Hey you," she said after their quick peck.
"Hey...how are you?"
Alison sighed, "I think my source is lying to me."
"Nice way to cut to the chase. What makes you think that?" David asked.
Alison stared out the passenger side window as her fiance pulled away from the curb. She watched the street lights turn on, losing herself in her own thoughts. "I just can't shake the feeling that something is off. It has to be my source. He did seem to be a little different when I spoke to him this morning."
"Uh oh, the Ali gut feeling," David joked as he came to a stop at a red light. Alison smiled, smacking his arm playfully.
"Stop. I'm serious. I'm going to investigate better tomorrow."

She leaned against the leather bound seat and stared out in front of her. Her fiance had some papers on the dashboard. Ali quickly grabbed them and tucked them neatly into the glove compartment. When the papers were neatly put away she closed her eyes and enjoyed the rest of the ride home. Her article wasn't due until the afternoon, she would deal with her source in the morning.

Last edited:

Name: Alison Wood
Physical Extras: 5'5" tall and weighs 140lbs. She has a small tattoo on the inner side of her right wrist of a semi colon.
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Three Good Traits:
Compassionate: Alison is as sweet and wholesome as they come. She is always looking out for the well being of others and wants to help in whatever way she can being as sympathetic as possible. She is generous and loving.
Intuitive: She has very good perception and insight with people and situations. It was what made her a good journalist. She can tell when something just isn't right or when someone isn't being truthful.
Sociable: Alison is very friendly. She loves to talk and engage others. She is quick to make new friends and most people really enjoy her company. You can find her at all sorts of social gatherings.

Three Flaws:
Perfectionist: Alison can be a bit of a perfectionist. She can be obsessive about how she wants things from how the sheets should be folded to how she is dressed. She holds herself to a very high standard and it even carries forward to others as she will often times demand only the best from her friends.
Dramatic: She can also over emphasize and make trivial matters greater than they were ever meant to be.
Critic: Because she is a bit of a perfectionist she will often criticize others if they do not meet her standards. She can be a bit judgmental and her critiques are sometimes not very constructive. She will give her opinion even if she isn't asked for it.

BEFORE
Place of Residence: New York City
Marital Status: Engaged
Family/Children:
Mother: Maureen Wood (49)
Father: Collin Wood (52)
Sister: Talia Wood (19)
Fiance: David Gordon (29)
Occupation: Journalist. Alison had a full time position with the city newspaper and was well on her way to having an exemplary career in journalism.
Who was president when you came to Cascade Falls?: Barack Obama

NOW
Marital Status: Single
Family Children: None. Currently lives alone.

How long have you lived in Cascade Falls?: 5 years
Have you ever tried to leave?: Yes, once when she first arrived. Something just wasn't right about the town and she tried to leave one day but she couldn't figure out a way around the electrified fence.
Have you ever been to the fence?: Yes, more than once to silently examine it but she just can't figure it out.

In-Character Writing Sample:
"Good night Ali!"
"Night Monica! I'll see you in the morning," Alison called back to her co worker as she pushed the glass door of the office open and exited towards the elevators. Alison let out a deep breathe. It had been a tough day for her. She had written the story that was finally going to get her out of the cubicle she spent her days in yet something just didn't seem right about the story. Something was off and she couldn't quite figure out what it was.

The elevator pinged, the doors opening as Alison made her way inside. She pushed the L for lobby and leaned against the wall as the doors closed and the elevator hummed back to life, descending towards the main floor. It was only a few floors but it felt like she was in the elevator for an eternity. She couldn't shake the feeling that she was missing something and as the elevator doors finally opened, she moved quickly towards the exit. She waved at the security guard, giving him a soft smile and met her fiance, David, in the car. He had been waiting for her just outside the building doors in his black SUV. The man loved his trucks.

Climbing inside Alison leaned in and kissed David sweetly. "Hey you," she said after their quick peck.
"Hey...how are you?"
Alison sighed, "I think my source is lying to me."
"Nice way to cut to the chase. What makes you think that?" David asked.
Alison stared out the passenger side window as her fiance pulled away from the curb. She watched the street lights turn on, losing herself in her own thoughts. "I just can't shake the feeling that something is off. It has to be my source. He did seem to be a little different when I spoke to him this morning."
"Uh oh, the Ali gut feeling," David joked as he came to a stop at a red light. Alison smiled, smacking his arm playfully.
"Stop. I'm serious. I'm going to investigate better tomorrow."

She leaned against the leather bound seat and stared out in front of her. Her fiance had some papers on the dashboard. Ali quickly grabbed them and tucked them neatly into the glove compartment. When the papers were neatly put away she closed her eyes and enjoyed the rest of the ride home. Her article wasn't due until the afternoon, she would deal with her source in the morning.
Great c: Accepted!

Reactions: La Reina
And, here we go, lovelies!

IC Time Forever

This is our first arc. I'm going to make up some tabs and give a little more information and set the overall goal for this arc in particular and then I'll put that in the OP but other than that, it's set up and ready to play. Take the first couple posts to just interact with each other, get familiar. Have your character be in the coffee house, have them somewhere else with another person, whatever you want. Every so often, Dirt and I will pop in with general GM posts to keep the story on track. If you have any questions, don't be shy! Things are still going to be somewhat confusing at first but once you put things together OOC, IC will become a lot easier.​

Yay! IC Posts! :D :D

And welcome, fellow GoT Fan!
Where there are dragons and queens...I'm there! Love GoT! I guess you can assume who is my favorite character. lol.

Tyrion Lannister is my favorite, hands down, in both the books and the series, followed swiftly by Arya Stark (aka The Faceless Man who will no doubt cut a swath of death through all those deserving, who thought they'd escaped at the end) *satisfied smile*

• Love
Reactions: Adelaide and Reina
I'm reading a Feast for Crows right now. Whee!
Favorite characters of mine... I love the Lannisters. Tyrion, Tywin, and Jaime are my favorites. Cersei is a nut.

After that, that's a hard one.... T.T

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Muirgen
I haven't gotten around to actually reading the books. I intend to...when GRRM actually completes the series. So I can binge read lol.

I love Daenarys, Tyrion, Jon Snow and Bronn. Bronn is hilarious. Arya story is awesome and Ja'gen is too. I love when he speaks in the third person.

Oh and Drogon is the most awesome dragon ever!

Reactions: of Dirt
I have to admit, the last three GoT books kinda sucked. A lot. On and on and endless going on and meandering to nowhere, with lists of food and inventory items and - worst of all - my beloved Tyrion wasted as he meanders all the hell over while never actually getting anywhere. It's like Martin thought he'd suddenly got too big for editors, which are sorely needed to direct him and force him to write a damned plot already...

*ahem* Anyway, just my take, ymmv ;) The only reason I'll read the next is just to FINALLY find out how it all ends, and see how many of my guesses were right!

eta: In some ways, the series is actually superior to the books, because it has a plot, and it has a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.