Can't Go Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stevie moved up onto her elbows and reached for the controller with one hand before setting it aside on the nightstand. "Thanks for being so cool about it, Nate," Stevie said, giving him a playful nudge. "But I think I'm going to call it a night and head off to bed early. Today's been... eventful," she said with a smile. "And we have school tomorrow," she mumbled unhappily and let out a huff that sent a few hairs flying. Stevie moved to get up and off the bed and leaned in to Nate to give him a goodnight kiss. "I'll see you tomorrow, alright?"

"Of course, you must be exhausted." Nate said, smiling softly at her. Nathan kissed her back for a moment, to drag out the goodnight kiss a bit. "Ill see you tomorrow, beautiful. Sweet dreams. I hope they're about me." Nathan teased. "Make sure you bring your science worksheet in. Teach is taking a grade on it tomorrow."

"Agh, fuck that's right," Stevie said, though luckily she had gotten it done in class the other day. She laughed at Nate's comment before going to the door. "See you tomorrow, Nate," she mumbled. "This was... nice. Unexpected. But nice nonetheless." And with that, she made her way to her own dorm and fell to sleep immediately.

The next morning, Stevie was up bright and early, wearing a pair of long jeans and a simple graphic tee-shirt. She stood outside by a bench waiting for Nate to join her so they could start the day.

Nate arrived a few minutes later, with sunglasses on and a mug of coffee in his hands. He was in cargo shorts and a long sleeved shirt. "I am so not ready to start the day." Nathan groaned, kissing Stevie on the cheek. "I slept like shit, and woke up late. How'd you sleep?" He asked Stevie. His Stevie. That thought made him brighten up his demeanor a bit.

Stevie smiled. "I slept like a baby," she said, happily. She was about to grab Nate's hand and begin walking towards the main building but hesitated, for a moment. After all, they didn't talk much about PDA (public displays of affection), and maybe Nate didn't want to draw attention to the fact that they were dating. It was no problem with her, really, plenty of couples were more private with their affections and Stevie was never one of those people who wanted to make out in the hallways. Dropping her hand, Stevie looked up at Nate. "You ready to go, then?" she asked as she began walking in the direction of the main building.

Nate raised an eyebrow. "Stevie, you forgot something." He quickly caught up with her, grasping her hand and interlacing their fingers. "We're a couple now, remember?" Nathan teased, smiling at her. "Your mine now. You cant get away from me." Nathan said, placing a kiss on her cheek. He was happy, even though he was clutching his coffee like a lifeline. He was with Stevie and that... That made him feel amazing. As they walked into the main building, Nate pushed his sunglasses up on his head and took a drink of coffee. "I wonder what monday morning torture the teachers have prepared for us today."

Stevie looked at their interlaced hands a felt a flutter in her stomach. She flushed a little before saying, "Sorry, I didn't want you to feel uncomfortable since we're at school and all." Once they were inside, she looked up at Nate. "Well, we have a quiz in Bio. On a fucking Monday morning," she complained with a roll of her eyes. "Seriously, who gives a quiz on a fucking Monday?"

"The devil. He's obviously possessing our teachers." Nate said teasingly. A few of Nate and Stevie's friends from the team came up to them. "Hey cool cats, how's it hanging?" Liam said. "Pretty good. I was just talking to Stevie about how school is hell and the devil possesses our teachers." Nate said. The guys laughed. Another guy, Chad, noticed their hands. "Woah woah woah, Nate, my man, what is that?" He said, staring at Nate and Stevie's hands. Nathan grinned. "She's my girl. Thats right, be jealous." Nathan said, smiling at Stevie.

Stevie was laughing with Nate when Liam and Chad came up to the two of them. She hadn't even realized she and Nate were still holding hands, and rolled her eyes when Nate made that comment. "Nate, you're fucking pathetic," she said laughing, a small flush on her face at the comment. She doubted Liam and Chad were 'jealous' more like wondering what type of blackmail Stevie had on Nate to get him to agree to date her. After all, they made an unlikely couple. And she was pretty sure that a few guys on the soccer team thought she was a lesbian for a while there.

Nate raised an eyebrow. "I may be pathetic, but you still like me. I guess I'm not that pathetic after all, eh?" Nate said. He leaned down to her ear. "Plus, I didn't seem so pathetic when you were moaning my name." Nathan whispered. Typically, he would have just said it aloud, but he didn't want to embarrass Stevie too much. And he respected her, so he wasn't going to disclose any information about what they did in private to anyone else. He stood up straight and winked at her, taking a sip of his coffee.

Stevie's face quickly heated up both at Nate's words and at the thoughts of last night that it brought up. She sputtered for a few seconds, forgetting about Chad and Liam, and let go of Nate's hand to punch him in the shoulder. "You're a fucking dick, you know that?" she huffed, though she knew he was just teasing.

Nate smiled and slid his arm around her waist. "Tell me something I dont know." He said. The four of them, since Liam and Chad were still hanging around, walked to first period together. People were whispering about Stevie and Nate already. Nate just ignored it and kept his arm around Stevie

Stevie scrunched her nose up as she saw the stares they were getting from people. She knew that Nate was pretty popular, but she didn't think they would be paying attention to this so soon. Stevie just wished she could skip the part where she and Nate being together was a big deal to everyone. It's not that she cared what they thought, but the stares were annoying. Especially because she knew they would be talking about it as soon as they were out of earshot. Stevie just sighed and leaned into Nate as he wrapped his arm around her waist. When they reached the classroom, she disentangled herself from him and slid into her seat.

As they walked, Nathan noticed the stares were bothering Stevie. He frowned, which deepened when Stevie quickly disentangled himself from him, even though there were still about three minutes before the first bell. Nathan sat in his seat and kept an eye on her. A few people started whispering about them, and Nate fixed them with a glare. "I'd appreciate it of you didn't talk about my choice of a girlfriend so condescendingly." He said loudly, still glaring at those whispering about Nathan and Stevie. "And while your at it, stop talking about my personal life in general." Nathan snapped at a few girls who were still whispering about the new couple.

"Nate, don't worry about it," Stevie placated him. She knew he was only saying something because he could tell she was uncomfortable. Stevie leaned in closer to whisper to him. "They're going to talk no matter what, so let them get it out of their system now. Trust me, by the end of the week, they'll find something else to catch their attention," she reasoned.

Nathan nodded, but frowned. "I just don't like how callous they are being. And how they are upsetting you. If anyone gives you any shit today, don't be afraid to tell me." Nate said. The bell rang, and class began with their teacher walking in.

"Nate, I can handle myself," Stevie said with an exasperated smile and a roll of her eyes. "Don't fret over it. Really. It's no big deal." Stevie could probably kick the ass of anyone that tried to start shit with her. She could be pretty terrifying, after all. She doubted any girls would give her trouble over her dating Nate, but Nate looked like he worried anyways.

((Should we time skip to lunch or the end of the day?))
Nate rolled his eyes. He knew Steve could very well handle herself, but he didn't want anyone to fuck with her. Stevie was his girl now, and Nathan was allowed to be a protective boyfriend. He was allowed to want his girl to be happy. Plus, he had worried about her like this before, but this was the first time he was able to voice it. Stevie was constantly on his mind, and Nate was hardly able to concentrate, which was normal.

((I'll skip to lunch for now))

The rest of the morning passed by uneventfully for the pair, except for the constant gossiping that Stevie knew was happening. She wouldn't be surprised if the entire school and staff already knew they were together, much to her annoyance. Still, she did a pretty good job of shrugging it off so far and not mouthing off at every girl that came up and asked her if it was true. Although, Stevie got real close at telling a girl off who had asked her what she had done to trick Nate into a relationship with her. But otherwise, Stevie was coming out unscathed.

When she arrived at lunch from her fourth period class, she tried to spot Nate but didn't see him there yet. Must be running late, she figured with a shrug as she got her lunch. She found their usual table in the cafeteria empty and sat down at it as a few guys from her soccer team came and sat over there as well, Liam and Chad included. They teased her a bit about her and Nate, but it was all good-natured friend-jabbing so Stevie just rolled her eyes and punched Liam in the shoulder before taking a bite out of her burger.

A few minutes later, Nate walked in, looking furious and mussed up. He sat down and put his head in his hands. "I am not having a very good day." Nate groaned. He didn't bother even getting lunch. "You know who's a bitch? Andrea." Nathan said.

While Nathan was awol, he'd had an unfortunate encounter with Andrea and her posse. Since they were girls, so Nate couldn't just beat the shit out of them. He was cornered and berated, which he could deal with. And then Andrea launched herself at him. Nathan had to get her off of him and escape her posse. Ergo- his bad mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.