Can't Go Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stevie practically sagged in relief at Nate's easy-going attitude, at least one of them wasn't acting all that weird. She smiled at him and mumbled a "yeah, sure" before walking ahead of him out of the restaurant and back outside. She turned to him, feeling a little bit lighter. "What can I say, Nate? I'm pretty terrifying. And kickass," she said with a cheeky grin as they began to walk.

Nate held in a sigh of relief and grinned. He studied Stevie. She was acting weird. Almost like- almost like a girl who's crush just admitted to liking her. His heart swelled with hope. And then he beat it down. It was a stupid idea. As soon as he told her how he felt she would probably run away. He would ruin their friendship. But Nate refused to be a pussy any longer. He was going to fucking tell her, goddamnit!

They reached Nate's dorm without incident and Stevie closed the door behind her. She looked at Nate and looked around for his roommate to make sure he wasn't around (he was never around, but it didn't hurt to check). "Okay," Stevie began. "What was it you wanted to talk about?" She was finally beginning to feel less awkward, which was a godsend. It was easy to be comfortable around Nate.

Nate sat down on his bed and grinned at her. This grin was different though. It was angelic and full of anxiety and excitement. "You and I both know what you heard me say in the pizza place, and I'm tired of being an idiot. Stevie... I am into you. And I have been for a while. Its ok if this is too awkward for you, but I refuse to hold in my feelings anymore. God, you are the first girl to make me nervous about this." Nathan took a steadying breath. "I want you. And not just for sex, though I wouldn't mind that. I want you as a partner, as a girlfriend. Someone to stick by my side. Someone who I could depend on for everything, and them depend on me. Someone that I keep, and take out for dates. Someone that I make feel like a princess everyday. If you dont want it, thats fine. I would never pressure you into anything." Nathan finished his rant. Though he said it would be fine if she walked away, he wouldn't be fine. It would probably shatter his heart.

Stevie was stunned by Nate's words. Her? Stevie? He was confessing to Stevie? Stevie was about to make a joke that he must have hit his head or try and laugh it off when she realized that yes, Nate was serious about this. He was completely and utterly serious about this Stevie couldn't understand why. Why her? She was definitely not the type Nate went for, but he said he thought of her as more than someone for just sex, and Stevie couldn't believe what she was hearing, and her face turned red again and she sputtered awkwardly not sure what to say before she just gave up and sat down on Nate's bed next to him and pulled him into a kiss before she could second guess herself.

When she pulled away, she looked at Nate. "I'd like that," she said finally. "But if you're not just fucking with me then I warn you that I'm pretty awkward at this stuff and I won't make a very good princess. But if you're okay with that.." And man, did she really hope Nate wasn't just messing with her.

Nathan's eyes lit up with child-like wonder. He gently took her face in his hands. "You will be the perfect princess." He murmured. "You are so beautiful already, we just have to teach you some table manners." Nate teased, planting a kiss on each cheek, and finally, a chaste kiss on her lips.

He couldn't fucking believe it. Stephanie Brooks, his Stevie, now really was his. All his. There was no one an nothing in between them. Nathan's eyes studied Stevie's features carefully, soaking in every detail.

"God your blush is beautiful." Nate murmured, grinning from ear to ear.

Stevie's face turned even redder under the compliments. This would need some... getting used to. She was used to people complimenting her strength or athletic ability or her 9-0 win-streak in CoD: Online. But her beauty? And her blush? She doesn't think she's ever heard someone use those names to describe her before in her life. "Okay now I know you're lying," she said with a roll of her eyes as she leaned back in to kiss Nate, longer and slower this time. She nibbled on his lower lip briefly before pulling back and wrapping her arms around his neck and resting her head against his shoulder. "God, we've been dating for about ten seconds and you're already turning into a fucking sap," she said with a short laugh.

Nathan grinned at her deepening blush. When she kissed him, he groaned a bit when she nibbled his lip. "Don't tease." He said happily, sliding his arms around her. "I always was a sap, beautiful. Ive just never had the chance to show you until now." Nathan said. He gently pressed his lips on some exposed skin on her neck, holding her close to him.

"So, now that we're dating, would you kill me if I occasionally called you Stephanie?" Nathan asked, only partially teasing.

"Well, I guess you'll have plenty of chances to show me, then," she remarked. Stevie groaned at the feeling of Nate's lips on her neck. Oh, she really liked that and she tilted her head to the side to expose her neck even more. She could feel him pulling her close, and Stevie shifted so she was sitting on Nate's lap with her arms around his neck and she leaned back in to kiss him once more on the lips.

Stevie pulled back a little at the mention of her full name and she looked at Nate incredulously before rolling her eyes and sighing. "Ugh, fine," she conceded. "But if you ever call me Steph, I'll rip your hair out, got it?"

Nathan was on cloud nine. He couldn't believe all this was happening. At the sound of Stevie's groan, Nate had to repress a shiver. Stevie made some delicious noises. And her lips were soft. Why the hell didn't he do this before? She was so beautiful.

Nathan laughed at her comment. "Alright, I promise to never call you Steph unless I have a death wish." He vowed, smirking.

Stevie kissed Nate along his jaw, working her way back to his lips and tangling her fingers in his hair. It felt so good and it has been so long since Stevie was in someone's arms like this. She didn't care much when she wasn't getting any, but now that she had some, she realized how much she was missing out. And Nate was so damn good at this, she could understand why girls melted around him and why Andrea shrank at a simple touch back in the pizzeria.

"Good," she whispered, huskily against his lips. "Now if you'll excuse me," she said, unlacing her hands from Nate's hair and moved to get off of his lap, "we didn't get any food before Andrea showed up and I'm fucking starving." Luckily, there were ample amounts of food left over from their game day earlier that Stevie could eat.

Nathan gasped slightly at Stevie's touches and her forwardness. He mentally marveled at how her every touch made him react. Nate matched her kiss for kiss, and let himself get lost in the moment.

As Stevie pulled away, Nathan was dazed. He watched her walk into the other room and groaned. Ok, so she was a bit of a tease. And he knew she was hungry, but to kiss him like that and then leave him... Oh he would have to get her back. Nathan followed after her. "Hey, how about I cook something for us?" He offered. Nathan did know how to cook, and he was good at it too.

Stevie rummaged through the food contents and drinks in the fridge before giving up and settling with a bag of chips and a soda. When she turned around, she saw Nate in the doorway and she raised an eyebrow at his offer. "Microwaved Mac and Cheese doesn't count as cooking, Nate," Stevie joked. "But I am pretty hungry so go right ahead." Stevie had never seen Nate cook before and she had to admit that she was curious. Stevie herself had no idea how to cook anything that wasn't microwaveable and she didn't plan to learn anytime soon.

Nathan flashed her his famous smile. "Don't worry, Ill make something good." He said and put a pot on the stove. He filled it up with water and turned on the heat. While it was heating up, Nate started to chop some vegetables and cut up some meat. The water came to a boil and Nate put in some noodles, while turning down the heat a bit. He got out two plates and put the vegetables and meat on the plates, leaving some room for the pasta. Nate got out a few sauces and placed them on the table, but he heated up the ones that were better warm. The noodles were soon done, and Nathan put some on the plates, turning off the heat. He then put some mushrooms on each plate. Nathan turned around and set a plate in front of Stevie. "Here you are." He said smiling. He got her some utensils and a napkin. Nathan set his own plate down and got his own silverware. He sat across from Stevie.

Stevie's stomach grumbled angrily at her as the smell from Nate's cooking drifted up to her nose. "God that smells so good. It feels like fucking forever since I've had some real food. School food doesn't count," she said as she sat down at the table and began digging into her plate. She probably had some sauce smeared on the side of her mouth, but she could care less. She was fucking starving.

"So how come you never did this when we were just friends? Even a bro could use a home-cooked meal every once in a while," she joked and raised her brow as she shoved another forkful of noodles into her mouth.

Nathan grinned, watching her eat. Stevie had some sauce on the side of her face and it took all of Nate's self control to not lick it off.

When she asked the question, Nate shrugged. "You never really asked me too." He said, taking a bite of his own food.

"I didn't know you could," she said simply. "Though I should have suspected as much because you're great at everything you do," she added as she finished the food and drank the rest of the soda. Stevie leaned back in the chair, satisfied and pressed a fist to her stomach as she let out a loud belch. "Whoa there, excuse me," she laughed. "But anyways," she continued, "if you would have mentioned it I would have never eaten the school's food ever again. Where'd you learn to cook anyways?" she asked.

Nathan laughed at her belch. "Oh, my mom. She taught me before she got in the accident." Nate said smiling. He looked at her and his smile grew. Finally, he couldn't resist and leaned across the table. He licked the sauce off her cheek. "Sorry." He murmured. "I couldn't resist." Nate said.

"Your mom?" Stevie repeated and wondered briefly what she was like. Nate had mentioned her briefly and the accident in the past, but she never knew too much about Nate really. Although, it was likewise with Stevie. They had so much going on in their daily lives, they rarely talked about where they were from. Not that Stevie minded. Her past wasn't all the interesting, after all.

Stevie blinked, stunned when Nate licked the sauce off. "Agh, gross, now I have your slobber all over your cheek," she said wiping the side of her face. Despite her words though, her face was tinted pink with a blush.

Nate smiled at her. "Yeah, my mom." He said. When she made her remark, he looked at her blush. "Your mouth says one thing, but your body says another." Nathan teased, smiling. "You know you liked it. I've had my slobber on your lips before, remember?"

Status
Not open for further replies.