Can't Go Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stevie was worn out from soccer practice and school, and not to mention everything with Isabel that had happened, so when movie night came along she just fell asleep.

She awoke in the morning to the feel of something stirring next to her. Dazed, Stevie looked around, for a moment forgetting where she was and then she looked out Nate's window only to realize it was bright out. "Shit!" she cursed as she noticed that Nate was just waking up himself. "Fuck, Nate. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep on you like that. I feel like an asshole," she went on, feeling guilty. Fridays were supposed to be their night to hang out and she fell asleep during the first movie and slept through the night.

Nate raised an eyebrow and chuckled. "Stevie, you're cool. Its really no big deal. You looked like you needed the sleep. And, I got to catch up on Doctor who. Its a win win. Though, I did eat the ruffles. All of them." Nathan said, grinning. Nathan looked out the window. "You're not an asshole. If anyone is, its coach. He's been driving us like dogs."

Stevie relaxed a bit as Nate handled the whole thing well, but she still felt bad. She but her lip and scrunched her nose up before relaxing her face and letting out a sigh. There was a pack of Oreos left untouched from last night that she reached for and began to munch on.

"Yeah he's been a real hardass lately," Stevie hummed in agreement. "Not that I blame him though. It's the start of the season and he wants us all in top shape. I wouldn't get so exhausted if I hadn't spent all winter doing nothing but watching tv and eating poptarts," she said truthfully. "I'll get back into the rhythm soon enough but until then I'm fucking beat."

Nate grinned. "I told you to go out for basketball with me." He teased her. "Im in tip top shape. Though I wish we would run less." Nate said laughing and taking one of the Oreos.

Before Nate could even eat the Oreo, Stevie reached over and yanked it out of his hand and shoved it in her mouth. "I tried to join basketball," Stevie admitted, "but it's not like soccer, they wanted me to join the girl's Varsity team and the girl's Varsity team sucks." Not that the girl's teams weren't good at other sports. In fact, Stevie played on the girl's Field Hockey team in the fall and their team was one of the best in the state. "Soccer and field hockey are enough sports for me," she said. "Besides, it's not like I'm going to go to college on a sports scholarship."

"Bitch, gimme my oreo!" Nate said when Stevie took his oreo. "Still, you should have done something to get off your ass." Nate said.

When Stevie mentioned the sports scholarship, Nathan sighed. "Ive got an academic and a sports scholarship already lined up. I could pay for it, but i think it is smarter to use the scholarship."

Stevie shrugged. "There's no point. I don't really care one way or another," she said. She liked sports, but she didn't have a need to play them all year long like Nate did. She was generally a very lazy person and enjoyed specific games more than she enjoyed being active. "You would have a sports scholarship already lined up," Stevie said with a roll of her eyes and a small smile.

"So," she began. "It's Saturday morning, we've got the rest of the day. What should we do?" she asked.

Nate shrugged. "How about I use the bathroom, then I'll kick your ass at video games. " Nathan said and stood up, heading to the bathroom. Strangely, the prospect of a day with Stevie was more appealing than normal.

Stevie settled herself in Nate's bed, stretching her neck as it had become sore from lying in such an awkward position against Nate all night. Grabbing the blankets, she wrapped them over her shoulders and caught a whiff of Nate's cologne and rolled her eyes. What a dork, she thought fondly with a smile as she settled back against the bed and grabbed for Nate's PS3 controller. "Are you sure you don't have some hot date lined up for later? Because I can kick your ass all day," Stevie yelled at Nate who was in the bathroom.

"No way bro! Its your wildest dream come true! Im all yours!" Nate yelled back. He came out of the bathroom and plopped down on his bed, grabbing the other PS3 controller. "So, which game should I murder you at first?" He asked

"All yours? Lucky me," Stevie said sarcastically with a smirk tilting up the corners of her mouth. She leaned back against the bed and pulled Nate's blanket up higher. "Your pick, I really don't care what we play," she said truthfully. Honestly, she just wanted to chill for a bit. The week had been long and tedious and not to mention fucking Isabel being a bitch, Stevie was just glad for the time with her friend. "I could kick your ass either way," she said triumphantly.

((sorry I was gone for so long, just finished finals))

((No problemo! :) ))

Nate looked back at her and smiled at her smirk. Nathan got up and slid in a random game. Sitting back down, he elbowed her. "Yeah, no. If anyone's ass is getting kicked, its yours princess."

Stevie growled and glared at Nate as the game began to load on the screen. She set the controller to the side of the bed before practically tackling Nate and getting him into a headlock. "Princess, huh?" she said, giving him a noogie. "I would take that back if I were you!"

Nathan laughed and got out of the tackle, holding her hands behind her back. "No way, princess." He taunted. Nathan seemed light hearted and teasing, but when he called her princess... Well he didnt do it to tease her. Deeper feelings were bubbling up from the pit of his soul, ones he used to force down with a weekly screw. Ones that he ignored every time he picked up some new girl. Nate hid the feelings expertly, but he couldnt deny that they were there. And that they were for his bro.

"Argh!" Stevie growled as she was pinned down with her hands behind her back. "Hey! Not cool, Nate!" she yelled but was laughing all the same as she tried to kick him in the gut or groin (whatever she could hit first, really). She managed to get her arms out from his pin and flipped their positions so that she was hovering over him laughing. "I gotcha, motherfucker!" She laughed, though her breath came heavy from the exertion. "Jackass, you take that name back yet? I'm not giving up until ya do!" Stevie couldn't help but grin though, feeling in a much lighter mood now that she and Nate were having fun just the two of them. She hadn't realized how much she had been needing this moment.

Nathan's own smile grew. "No way! Come on Princess, what you got?" He taunted, taking a second before switching positions with Stevie. "Princess Stevie. Hm, what are you princess of? Oh yeah, getting your ass kicked!"

Stevie rolled her eyes as she tried to throw Nate off of her. "That was a lame insult, even for you" she teased with a laugh. And the princess comment only made her feel frustrated even though she knew Nate was just having fun at her expense. But of all the inaccurate things she's been called, 'princess' seemed to be the name that fit her the least in Stevie's eyes. Even as she thought this, she was wrestling with her best guy friend. As they wrestled, she laughed and said "Is that all you got?"

As Stevie flung Nate off of her, he put his hands up in surrender. "Alright! I give in! Ill take it back!" Nathan said, rubbing the spot on his leg that had hid the bed post. "Ah hell, thats gonna leave a bruise." He said lightheartedly. "If nothing else, my man whoreish ways do keep me in shape." Nate joked and grabbed his PS3 controller. "Now come on Stevie, its time to get your ass whooped."

"Good," Stevie said with a grin. "Now suck it up, pussy and let's play." Stevie smiled at him before turning her attention back to the game. The title screen came up and Stevie navigated to co-op and the screen on the t.v. divided into two halves, hers and Nate's halves.

"All right, let's do this thing!" she said in excitement as zombies on the screen began to charge the pair. Stevie loaded her character's gun and sought cover behind a ruined pillar in the game and began picking off the zombies one by one with her sniper rifle.

"Oh, you'll regret that one." Nate said. His character jumped behind a wrecked SUV and found a weapon that was ten times better than the one he started with. He started shooting down zombies left and right. "There's one behind you Stevie!" Nate yelled, wrapped up in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.