Can't Go Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Nate!" Stevie nudged him. "I'm right here, you're getting way too into this game." Despite her criticizing, Stevie was laughing. She really enjoyed these moments with her friend. "Just calm down. Geez.."

Nathan took a moment to turn his head and lare at her, before quickly returning his focus to the game.

They played this game for a few hours, then another, Nate still way to absorbed in the games. He couldnt help it! When he was having fun he got really into it. It was just like playing sports for him. Nate was in the zone and having a blast. Nathan realized that this was what he had been needing. Just some time to relax and tease his bro. He even found some way to shove his 'feeling' for Stevie back down and just focused on the game.

They played the game until Stevie's stomach decided it was sick of junk food and wanted something of substance. She had immense amounts of fun and she was grateful Nate abandoned his normal flirting conquests to hang out with her. "Nate," she said. "Let's go out to eat, I'm fucking starving." There was a pizza place on campus and Stevie had ample money to pay for the two of them. Also, Stevie really liked her food, so she could really go for something like that.

"Sure." Nate said, stopping the game. "Let me grab a few things first. And change. Im a mess." Nathan went over to a mirror and looked at himself. To any girl, he would still look secy as hell, but he deemed himself unworthy. His hair was a tousled mess, he was in a ratty old shirt and just a pair of sweats. Suddenly, a thought came to his mind.

"Stevie, why dont you ever wear girl clothes?" He asked

At Nate's comment that he looked like a mess, Stevie rolled her eyes. Nate never looked like a mess despite what he said. He always looked like he should be on the cover of a magazine. She started cleaning up some of the empty cans and bags of chips that had collected over the day as Nate got up to change. Stevie looked down at her own self and she was still in basketball shorts and a loose t-shirt and her hair was still sleep-mussed, but she couldn't find the willpower in her to go back to her room and change. Who the hell would care what she wore anyways?

As if on cue with her train of thought, Nate asked his own question. Stevie blinked, surprised. "Girl clothes?" she repeated with a smirk as she picked up some soda cans. "There's a few reasons. First of all, I don't own any. Most of the clothes I had growing up were my older brothers' hand-me-downs." Stevie's family didn't exactly have a lot of money, growing up. That was a big reason for why she went to boarding school. For one, Stevie lowered the costs immensely with a few scholarships and that was one less mouth to feed back at home. They saved more money sending her off than keeping her at home. But that wasn't the only reason. "Aaaand they make me look dumb. They don't fit me right, or are uncomfortable or there's a flat area that my chest should fill up but my boobs aren't big enough to do so.. I'd rather just wear the clothes I have now than feel like an idiot trying to 'pretty myself up.' "

Nate shrugged. "Your not that flat chested. You've got nice, solid B's." he said casually. There was a gnawing at the pit of hus stomach, and it wasnt from hunger. Man, he really needed to get laid soon. These thoughts about Stevie were not good for him. 'She dosent have to pretty herself up. She is beautiful.' Nathan thought to himself. He grabbed a pair of dark jeans and a t shirt. On closer inspection, the t shirt was Stevie's. "woah, how the hell did i get your t shirt?" Nathan asked in confusion. Nathan put in on anyways, and went into his bathroom to change his pants. Not that he really needed too, but he felt uncomfortable changing that part in front of Stevie.

Soon enough, Nathan emerged from the bathroom fully dressed. His hair was neatly combed into a wild, yet sexy mess. He slid some shoes on and stood. "You ready to go?"

Stevie's nose scrunched up at the mention of her boobs. "They're not big enough to draw attention, but they're big enough to get in my way when I play sports. I think I got the short end of the stick in terms of genetics there," she spoke. When Stevie first joined soccer and field hockey she had had to buy special sports bras because it was a pain in the ass to try and play with those bouncing all over the place. It was hard to tell that she even had boobs sometimes, especially with how baggy the clothes she wore were.

She looked up at Nate as he put on her shirt. "I think I'm sleeping in your dorm way too much. I'm leaving my clothes here, now?" she commented, but laughed when Nate put it on. "And look at you, wearing my clothes. If I didn't know any better, I'd say we were boyfriend and girlfriend," she joked.

When Nate came out of the bathroom, Stevie got up and slipped on her shoes as she rubbed at her messy hair. "All ready to go."

Nate laughed at the boob thing. But when Stevie made the boyfriend girlfriend quip, Nate got a bit nervous. He was in the bathroom at the time, so Stevie didn't notice. That actually sounded nice, like something he would actually do. If he ever did commit to anyone, it would be to someone like Stevie. Or even Stevie herself.

When Nate came out he was fine, and he mussed up his bro's hair. "Come on then." Nate said and went to the door, sliding his keys, wallet, and phone in his pocket.

"Agh! Knock that off! It's already a mess," Stevie complained as she tried to fix the already-messy hair. She grumbled to herself as they made their way to the pizza place. Luckily it wasn't too far of a walk, and it was a nice spring night. The air was cool and it definitely beat the heat wave that had been battering them all week and made soccer practice unbearable.

When they reached the place, the pizzeria was absolutely packed with people. It was a Saturday night after all, but Stevie managed to spot an empty, semi-clean booth that ran along one of the walls and grabbed Nate's arm and practically dragged him there. "Hey! I found us a seat," she said.

Nathan laughed at his bro. The walk was nice. It was warm, with a cool breeze to make you feel comfortable. Nathan loved weather like this. It was much better than the goddamned heat. Nate watched the trees and bushes sway with the breeze, and the people around them, doing whatever people do.

They walked in and Stevie dragged him over to a booth. As they sat, Nate laughed. "You are way to energetic."

Nate scanned the crowd for any good looking girls, but not many caught his eye. The door to the pizzeria opened and Nate groaned. It was the biggest bitch in school, and she continually wanted to get into Nathan's pants. At first it was awesome, but then it got boring. And annoying. "Bitch just walked in." He said to Stevie as Andrea Anderson walked over to their booth.

Stevie laughed at Nate's comment. "It's because we were sitting down in your room the entire day. I have to do something with the energy all of those cans of soda gave," she stated like it was an obvious fact. She grabbed one of the cokes that one of the servers that worked there had brought for them and took a sip. God, she couldn't wait to fucking eat.

But before her thoughts could stray any further on that line of thought, Nate leaned over and whispered to her. Stevie didn't know Andrea as person, nor did she care to, though she has heard plenty about her from the rumor mill. "Again, Nate?" she groaned, narrowing her eyes at him. "Where do you fucking find these women?" she asked. "Did you like sneak out last night while I was passed out on your bed, bang her and sneak back in before the morning or something?" She hoped that Andrea Anderson would just turn and leave them alone, but she was making a beeline straight to their table.

Oh fuck me, Stevie thought as she sank lower in her seat. She really didn't want to fucking deal with this right now. More for Andrea's sake than her own. Because right now, Stevie was fucking starving and she wanted nothing more than to eat and would tear apart anybody that stood in between her and food. Also, she hated having to take the heat because one of Nate's one night stands expected more commitment on his part as if they didn't understand the meaning of "one night stand." Despite sinking into her own seat, however, Andrea persisted and came right up to their table.

"Leave us the fuck alone, Andrea," Stevie spat before the girl could get a word. "We're here to eat, not deal with your shit."

Andrea stared at Stevie for her outrageous remark. "Oh shut it you little whore. Im not here to talk to you." Andrea said. Nate growled and stood. "Bitch, you take that back. Right now. No one, and I mean no one disrespects Stevie like that. She is not a whore. If anyone is, you are." Nathan said, glaring at Andrea.

Stevie's hands slammed onto the table as she pushed herself up and used her height to stare down Andrea. Although she was only an inch or so taller, Stevie could still manage to look intimidating when she wanted to do. "Fine, you're not here to talk to me," Stevie repeated what Andrea said to her. "Then you leave Nate the fuck alone," she warned, her voice getting dangerously low. "Or else."

She could see Andrea shrink back from her a little and Stevie allowed herself a self-satisfied smirk before turning her attention back to Nate. "It's cool, Nate. You don't have to defend me," she tried to calm down her angry bro. Nate really didn't like it when Stevie was targeted by some of the girls Nate was with, but it couldn't be helped at times, and now was not the place to make a scene. They were already drawing quite a few stares.

Stevie moved to sit back down in the booth and ignore Andrea, but apparently Andrea wasn't done, for she bunched her hands into Stevie's shirt and tried to pull her up. Tried being the key word. Even though Stevie could overpower the girl in a second, she took the threat for what it was and narrowed her eyes and bared her teeth at the girl. "Let. Me. Fucking. Go." She said between clenched teeth. Before I make a scene myself.

Nathan almost smiled when Stevie got up. She was the coolest girl he knew. The way she made Andrea shrink back was kinda hot. And the urge to smile grew as Stevie defended him.

As Andrea tried to pull up Stevie, Nate did the only thing he could. He got behind Andrea and kissed at her neck, making her shudder and release Stevie's shirt. Nathan proceeded to push Andrea away from their booth, scrunching up his face. "Back the hell off my Stevie." He said quietly. So quietly that only Stevie and Andrea would have been able to hear. And then just barely. "Leave us alone." Nate said as he sat back down.

"She tastes like perfume." Nate whispered, wrinkling his nose and downing some soda, trying to get rid of the god awful taste.

Stevie wanted to punch the bitch for the scene she caused and she was practically fuming, it definitely didn't look like she was about to let go of her and Stevie was about to force her to let go when Nate took control of the situation. Leave it to Nate to be able to completely undo a girl by kissing her neck. She didn't know whether or not to be impressed or what.

Stevie was about to put in her two cents now that Andrea finally let her go, when she heard Nate tell Andrea to back off "his Stevie." Stevie's face heated up at the words and she could feel a blush start to form at the protective note in Nate's voice. Anything she was about to say was cut short, and her mind blanked out as Andrea turn around with an angry huff and Nate sat back down.

Nate's words kept running through her head as she, herself, sat back down. At Nate's comment, she was startled back to reality and knew he expected her to add on to it, but her mind was having trouble forming words. "Ah- yeah.." She said awkwardly, her face still red and feeling awkward meeting Nate's eyes. "Whores like her like to cake it on." It was a weak insult, she knew. But it was the best she could think of with her mind on the fritz as it was.

Nate raised an eyebrow at Stevie's flustered state. He couldnt think of anything that would have caused that reaction in her. Until he went back over the conversation. He remembered what he said, and realization flickered across his face. But he quickly regained composure. Nate decided to ignore it until she brought it up. If she brought it up.

Stevie mentally scolded herself for feeling so awkward around Nate. She was fine talking to him up until Andrea showed up, but all of a sudden it felt like there was cotton in her mouth, and Stevie fucking hated this feeling. She couldn't quite put a finger on it, but it reminded her of sophomore year when her crush, Drake McKinley, admitted that he liked her.

And look how fantastic that one turned out, Stevie thought bitterly. Drake had cheated on her four months in and she never spoke of it since. He was her last experience with any form of affection, and that was over a year ago. Stevie was never one for feelings, after all.

She was startled when she realized that she had been spacing out in front of Nate. She swore, "Ah, fuck.. Sorry, Nate. I'll ah- I'll go get the food," she said and got up from the booth to go up to the counter and order their pizza, in vain hopes that she could calm the fuck down by the time she reached the table.

"Wait." Nathan said, grabbing her arm. He stood and turned her towards him, looking in her eyes. "Are you ok?" He asked. Thats not what he was originally going to say, but he backed out at the last moment like a pussy. Fuck. He felt like a dumbass already- this just made it worse. Nate's expression was purely concern.

Stevie was startled when Nate grabbed her arm and she stared down at the hand grabbing her for a second before turning to look back up at Nate. He was concerned for her, and she felt bad for making him feel that way. "Ah - yeah, I'm fine," she finally managed to say, some of the tension leaking out of her. "I guess, I came really close to punching that Andrea girl. Still riled up, you know?" It was a lie and they both knew it but whatever it was that had just happened was not something Stevie was willing to acknowledge in fear of making things awkward. When it came down to it, Nate was really her only friend and she didn't want to ruin what they had by asking him about some words that probably meant nothing to him.

Pulling her arm away, Stevie got up and out of the booth and rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly. "I think - I think I'm gonna call it a night," Stevie said. "A little too much action here tonight and we're starting to get some stares."

"Look, Stevie, lets head back to my place. There's something I wanna talk to you about an public isnt the place." Nate said, running a hand through his hair. He smiled at her to calm her nerves. "And Stevie, the way you made Andrea practically whimper in fear was kick ass."

Status
Not open for further replies.