Can't Go Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Somewhat," Stevie repeated with a laugh. "You have made the shit lists of a very many people over the years, Nate," she said truthfully. Between girls who expected more out of a relationship and guys who were just plain jealous, Nate had a few rivals out there or people that would like to see the guy fail. Not that Stevie would ever allow them to witness such an event though. She would kick their ass if anyone tried to get back at her friend.

"Like I said," she began, "I'm not sorry for you. You should have seen this coming. Everyone knows Isabel is a cold-hearted bitch who just loves to make a scene. Just you wait."

With that, Stevie got up and off of Nate's bed. It was about time to go to class anyways. Her hair was still mussed and she was wearing her cargo pants from the day before, but she couldn't give two shits to do anything about it, and simply threw on an oversized hoodie that practically reached her knees and stuck her hands in the pockets.

Nate shrugged. "Hey, at least I'm not a douche. And can I help the fact that I'm sexy as hell? No." Nate said
"So? Drama queens don't really bother me. I just don't want her to fuck with my concentration in class." Nate said. "I actually like learning shit." He watched Stevie start to leave and rolled his eyes.
"Plus, if she goes off on anyone, it'll be you." Nathan smirked. Stevie was the one who had been with him all night. If it got too bad, Nate would step it, but he thought he might watch Stevie get bitched at for a bit.

Stevie rolled her eyes as they started towards the main building. Nate was a lot smarter than he gave off, but then again, so was Stevie. Perhaps that was why they got along so well because as much as they loved to bullshit around, they still did what was required of them in both school and sports.

"Oh fuck no," she swore, "I'm not taking her shit just because you managed to fuck things up with her." Yet as she said that, she knew Nate was partially correct. Isabel hated Stevie for the simple fact that time Nate spent with Stevie was taking away from time spent with Isabel and Isabel just hated that. She despised everything Stevie was and it got her angrier when Stevie didn't give two shits about Isabel. "Besides, there's no way she'd challenge me to a fight," Stevie said truthfully. "I could take her," and as if to accentuate her point, Stevie flexed her lanky but toned arm muscle. Everyone knew that she could pack a punch.

"Bro, all I did was cram for a test." Nate said, holding his hands up. Nathan actually found himself interested in what would happen between the two girls.

When Stevie flexed her arm, Nathan chuckled. "Whoa, put that away. That is a very dangerous weapon young lady." Nathan teased.

Stevie's nose scrunched up in the way she did when she found something distasteful. "That's not what Isabel thinks you did, and that's definitely not what she's going to tell everyone else you were doing. But, no one is going to believe her." Stevie wondered how even Isabel could think that she and Nate hooked up. The idea was just plain insane.

They reached the courtyard of the main building of their campus where students were all hanging out before the main doors opened. They weren't supposed to let anyone in until 7:30 and it was only 7:20. Stevie was rubbing at her mussed bed hair when her eyes caught sight of someone she wished she hadn't seen. "Speaking of the devil," she grumbled. Fucking Isabel.

And apparently, Isabel had spotted them too as her eyes narrowed in anger and she made a beeline straight towards Stevie and Nate. Fucking fantastic..

For a moment, Stevie debated on getting the fuck out of there and letting Nate deal with his own problems, but decided that her friend shouldn't have to deal with Isabel's wrath alone and instead, stayed where she was with her hands shoved in the hoodie's side pockets

"Hey, everybody knows that you're just my bro." Nathan said, running a hand through his perfect hair.

Nathan saw Isabel and cursed before throwing on a smile. "Isabel! How are you today, beauty?" He said, stepping slightly in front of Stevie.

"Dont fucking give me that shit!" Isabel snapped.

"Well duh, everyone but Isabel," she said, as said girl stormed her way over. Isabel was positively fuming, which made Stevie smirk in amusement. Clearly, the girl did not take rejection well at all. Her smirk turned into a scowl however as Isabel turned her eyes onto her and Nate stood slightly in front of her to block her view of Isabel.

Stevie stepped to the side and forward so she was standing shoulder to shoulder with her bro. "Leave him the fuck alone, Isabel. No one wants to deal with your shit," Stevie said truthfully. The scene Isabel was making was starting to draw them some curious stares and Stevie just wanted out. However, it seemed like Isabel was having none of that as Stevie's comment seemed to make her livid. Ugh.. Fuck. Not now. Stevie thought. Still, she doubted Isabel would actually act on her anger, at least not so publicly like this. Though if she did, Stevie might just turn around and head into the school. It was far too early for this shit and she didn't want to get ISS for picking a fight with Nate's would-be one-night stand.

Isabel glared at Stevie. "Leave him alone? Im not over here to talk to Nathan." Isabel said. "Im here to talk to you, you man stealing whore. I mean, we all expected this shit to happen eventually, but I didnt think you'd take him out from under my nose! Fucking bitch! You better sleep with your eyes open tonight." Isabel said.

"Hold the fuck up. 'We all knew this would happen'? What the fuck is that shit supposed to mean?" Nathan said, suddenly seeming very upset. Isabel snorted.

"Everybody has had bets for years on when you two dick heads would get together." Isabel said. "Dont tell me, 'she's my bro, we were just studying.' Well cut the bull cuz I wont believe it."

Man-stealing whore, was it? The name wanted to make Stevie laugh. In fact, she did. Very loudly, in fact. The idea was ridiculous, and though she had expected Isabel to think this way, hearing it out loud was just hilarious. Has this girl seen Nate and the girls he's hooked up with? Some of them looked like they could be models. In fact, Stevie was sure some probably were. The idea that someone might truly think of Stevie as competition was fucking priceless. Stevie wasn't exactly rival romance material. And that was putting it lightly.

"Clearly, this rejection has been too much on your fragile mind," Stevie said. "Nate's not really into the whole tomboy, butch thing. He's more of a D-cup, desperate, and blonde type," she began with a smirk. "Kind of like you." With that, Stevie laughed and began walking ahead of Nate and Isabel to class. "Taking him from under your nose?" she repeated with a chuckle. "Fuck, that's the funniest thing I've heard all year."

Nate followed after Stevie, still thinking over what Isabel had said. "Stevie, you dont really think people make bets on us as a couple, do you?" He asked simple mindedly

Stevie snorted. "There's no way," she said truthfully, or at least, what she believed to be truthful. "Everyone knows what kinds of girls you go for, and it's quite clear that I'm not the kind of girl you go for," she went on. "What I told Isabel, was true. You've always been a big boobed and blonde type, not a choppy-haired boyish mess. Don't worry, your reputation is safe. No one would think we're together," she tried to assure her friend. She didn't want him to be paranoid that people would think they were together, it would make things awkward between them, and as she has said many times, everyone knew Stevie was far from Nate's preference of females.

Nathan nodded. "Yeah, you're right." He said. Inside, however, Nate was having a delemma. Stevie's words werent entirely true. For a short term thing, or just a quick fuck, all Nate cared about was looks and boobs. But, if he ever wanted to commit, or have a long term thing, Stevie is the exact kind of girl he would go for. That was the reason he first became her bro. Because he liked her. Now, of course, it was different. But back then, Nate had a major crush.

Stevie smiled in relief. Nate really seemed troubled by the whole thing, so she was more than a bit relieved to hear him agree with her reasoning. Not that she would ever say so out loud. She didn't understand why such a thing would bother him so much? Was it really a reputation thing? Was he embarrassed that people might have misunderstood their friendship and that they would truly think that Nate would go for someone like her?

It didn't bother her nearly as much, but perhaps that was because she understood that she Nate's bro. She knew he barely considered her a girl, let alone a date-worthy girl, so the fact that people like Isabel wanted to say he thought of her otherwise was just ridiculous to her.

"Good, now that we dodged that bullet, let's go ace that fucking Bio test," Stevie said triumphantly, stomping ahead of Nate and into the school building.

Nate was troubled by her relieved smile. Did she really think he would be that bad? He could understand if she did. Nathan was a bit of a playboy.

Nathan followed after Stevie into the biology room. After the biology test, and pop quizzes in every other class, Nathan was glad for school to be out. He would go through soccer, then go home and relax. But he did need to plan for friday. Since his roommate wouldnt be in, Nate wanted to make this the biggest, best, and most awesome video game/movie night the two bros had ever experienced.

The day, and the rest of the week passed by uneventfully so that the whole incident with Isabel faded to the back of Stevie's mind. Next thing she knew, it was Friday night, and even though it was hot as fuck now, she was excited for what was to come. Video game movie night. Fuck. Yeah. she thought as she brought as much food as she could carry next door to Nate's room, whose roommate was out.

Stevie banged on the door with her head since her hands were currently full. "Open the fucking door, Nate!" she yelled.

Nate's laugh was heard as he took his time getting to the door. "Hey Stevie. Holy shit, thats an ass ton of food." Nathan said, taking some from her and taking it inside.
Once Stevie and food were inside, Nate closed the door. "Im fucking excited." Nate said. "A whole night with action flicks and killing virtual things. Lets fucking do this shit." Nathan said grinning.

The week had gone by fast for him too. Though the whole Isabel thing was still on his mind, he pushed it aside. Besides, he was so not ready to settle down yet. He went four rounds with Becca Midler the day before, and it was fucking awesome. Not that he'd be going back to her. She was fucking annoying.

Stevie practically threw herself onto Nate's bed with a familiarity that can only be replicated by two people who had known each other for years. "All right, then! Let's do this thing!" she said excitedly, reaching for the salty chips and grabbing the remote to Nate's t.v. to put on the first movie. It was a Sci-Fi action flick, which Stevie had to admit was her favorite genre. She grew up with Star Wars, Stargate, and Star Trek. Sci-Fi was her thing. And a little bit of action didn't hurt either.

"Sit your ass down here, Nate," Stevie ordered over a mouthful of popcorn as she leaned back on his bed and watched the movie come on.

"Im coming, chill the fuck out." Nate said as he sat down with her, getting a seperate bag of chips.

"I cant wait until the new star trek movie comes out though." Nate said as a preview for Star Trek came on. "The Batch is going to be kick ass!" Nate's only little dirty secret was that he was obsessed with BBC and Supernatural. Those shows were just cool to him.

Stevie leaned against him as she reached over him to grab some of his chips. "You know we're going to have to see the midnight showing of that movie once it comes out," she insisted. "It's going to be as good as the next Hobbit movie." She trailed off in the conversation to focus in on the movie as it went on. It was nice to have this companionship. It had been a stressful week and this was a great way to unwind.

Unfortunately, Stevie underestimated just how much this week had worn her out because she had practically passed out against Nate by the end of the movie. She began to snore softly, and her left hand was still shoved in the popcorn, and the movie wasn't even over yet.

Nate rolled his eyes and focused on the movie. When he heard the snoring, he snuck a glance over at Stevie. Nathan grinned. He had wondered when she would pass out.

Nathan continued to watch different movies, and watched a bit of Doctor Who while Stevie was asleep, before falling asleep himself. In his sleep, he dreamed of Stevie. Now, that was a common thing, but the theme of this dream changed. It was him and Stevie as Romeo and Juliet. When he awoke, he banished the dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.