Canaries Nest

He would come out about an hour or two later and chuckle seeing what she chose to read, " analysis on lycan territories and migration patterns? Do you have any idea of what that means?" He sits next to her on the bed and strokes her cheek softly, " if you like to read my family has a whole library. I keep work related books here. My father is the face of the clan, but I am the brains. He is physically capable and I make sure we have enough food." He pulls her in his lap softly playing with her hair, he gets the brush and begins t slowly get rid of the snarls, " what have you been up to while I was working?" His hands were soft, he was quiet and gentle... in fact he has spoke more to her then he has most members of his clan

"Analysis on lycan territories and migration patterns? Do you have any idea of what that means?"

"No, I just thought...if I looked at the words, some of them would speak to me."

Russ sat beside her and stroke her cheek. This time, she leaned in slightly towards his hand. It was an endearing touch, one she was becoming quite fond of quickly. She never knew a man's touch could be so soft.

"If you like to read, my family has a whole library. I keep work related books here. My father is the face of the clan, but I am the brains. He is physically capable and I make sure we have enough food."

"I...I don't know how to read that well...," she confessed as he lifted her up to sit on his lap. Soon, he'd pulled out a brush for her hair. She didn't sit timid this time, but comfortable before him.

"What have you been up to while I was working?"

Sheona sighed, "I...looked around the room. You have nice things to look at. And I saw myself in the mirror...that wasn't so nice..." She stared down at her legs, wishing she could cover them from his sight.

He nods, so she couldn't read. Well... they could work on that. " I see, well perhaps start with something a little more simple. We will go and take a look after I find you something to wear." He smiles pleased at how calmly she sits in his lap, he was worried she would be skittish and squeaky but she seemed like she was doing alright. At the mention of looking in the mirror he frowns, she was beautiful to him. He tips her face up softly, " you were just thrown into glass and battered by your owner. All of those things will heal, there is a beautiful woman under all of that. Once you've been fed and given time to settle I am sure your beauty will fill my quarters. Besides, I didn't buy you because you were pretty... I liked... I like how you keep the bed warm and... the company." He says softly and his brown eyes look into her green gems, " I am not one to spend money... so your life will be simple but... I will never hit you"

She nodded, and again gave a small smiled that sparkled in her eyes.

"I'll work for my keep... If you can find fabric and thread for me, I'll make my clothes. Saves money..." she said, hoping this would make Russ feel better about caring for another. Then, her face seem to brighten with her next thoughts - a gift she wises to give to him for all he's done.

"When I'm better, and my wings return to me... I'll grant you luck...more than one can imagine. Whatever you wish to happen in your life will be yours... I will make it so, just for you."

She felt better at the thought - to pay him back for his kindness, to show her appreciation and earn her keep... For a Ciboney to grant someone a piece of their spirit was like an angel showering blessings upon those who deserve it. This made Sheona happy - and hoped it would make Russ happy as well.

He smiles and rubs her shoulders, " I will buy you a few dresses and then you can come choose fabrics and threads that you like. You don't need to pay me back with anything. Just lay in the bed with me, sleep next to me at night... maybe talk to me when I come home. That is all I require of you my little song bird. Now... I am gonna go to the store to get those for you. You stay in my rooms until I have clothing for you alright? I will be back shortly" he sets her down softly kissing her forehead and covering her in blankets.

He walks to his closet and puts on a shirt and a pair of shoes making sure he has everything he needs

Thrilled at the ideas of leaving his home, shopping for herself...doing things that other women were free to do all the time with no permission from a man... If her voice was healed, she would sing above the rafters in delight. But when Russ spoke of leaving her while he shopped for her things, she lost her energy.

Knowing to never complain, Sheona held her tongue, but fear of him being away - not even in the next room - cause her to shrink again under the blankets he's placed around her. She watched him leave, wishing to call out to him and beg him not to go. But, she needed clothing... She talked herself into believing she would be okay until his return.

Slipping between the covers, Sheona decided to rest, keeping silent and hoping Russ would not be long and no one else came along - for her sake.

He goes out and finds her three dresses, one plain white summer dress, a green dress with a paisley pattern and a more ornate blue dress. He saw the collars and he finds one that looks like a lovely necklace with a gem and he buys that as well. He would return within 45 minutes.

His father knocked and came in and he arches a brow seeing her in his bed, " a real wolf shouldn't keep a whore. Did he buy you bird? You his property?" His eyes look her over and he chuckles seeing that she is naked

The knock on the door alerted her, and Sheona sat up with excitement... Russ had returned. But, when the door opened and his father entered, she gasped and suddenly felt as if her old life had returned to her. Quickly, she scooted to the far end of the bed, trying to hide herself from the massive man as he questioned her.

"A real wolf shouldn't keep a whore. Did he buy you bird? You his property?"

That word, she was so sick of it... Sheona knew better than to speak out of line, but her new found freedom gave her wings...gave her strength, even when she was at her weakest.

"I am no whore," she answered with as much strength her damaged voice could give. "And I am Russ's...no other." At that, she sat up taller, proud to be claimed by such a honest and caring man.

He was planning on just leaving her in the bed but when she got huffy he lost his patience and grabs her by her hair, " you are a whore. You are a slave for pleasure and every owner has a price little bitch" he holds her up her whole naked form revealed and he runs a hand over her and between her legs, " I could have you if I wanted. Anyone could just come in and take you, because you are meat. You don't matter bird." He growls and his lip curls revealing hi ssharp teeth his eyes were already predatorial yellow

Screaming rusty as the father jerked her from the bed with the tuff of her hair. She held onto his wrist, trying to fight from his rough hand's tour upon her body, but she couldn't hardly move without the pains from the roots of her hair being stretched, or the stitches in her back ripping through flesh. Russ's father obviously did not respect his son, nor his possessions.

"I could have you if I wanted. Anyone could just come in and take you, because you are meat. You don't matter bird."

"~I do matter~," she whispered through her teeth as they bit into her bottom lip. "I matter to Russ!" This time with a scream - she couldn't take the pain anymore...the torture. If she was important to one man, then that should mean she was important, right?

He rolls his eyes and chucks her straight into the corner letting her back connect with the wall, " you screaming slut-"

He heard her scream and sped up just in time to see her crumple on the floor and he growls, his growl is much louder then her scream, it reverberates throughout the room and his Dad laughs, " you;re bed toy has a mouth, you had better teach her to shut it son. Or she may be dead one day at the doorstep."

"The hell are you doing in my room father. Get out" his upper lip curls in a sneer and his dad merely chuckles and leaves, Russ looks over and walks to where she was thrown. "Sheona what did you say?" His voice is still soft to her

Fighting to return air back to her lungs, Sheona pulled herself to her knees, blinking back the darkness as she heard Russ's calm voice ask her a question.

"He said... I don't matter. But, I do matter...," her weary eyes lifted. "I matter...to you..."

She crumpled back to the floor. She was free from Edgar, but she wasn't free from the world. Sheona decided not to speak to no one but Russ from now on.

He strokes her cheek and picks her up taking her back to the comfort of the bed frowning at the bruise already forming on her fragile form. " Oh dear.... yes you do matter. It's alright.Hey look what I got you" He takes the dresses and undergarments from the bags, " now darling.... why don't you choose what you like best. And little songbird" he tips her face up, " do not speak to any one but me... especially my father. He likes to hurt others..."

Sheona folds herself into the sheets again, trying her best not to feel down, or cry over her hurts. When Russ pulled out the dresses he'd purchased for her, she suddenly brightened despite how much it hurt her to do so.

"They're...beautiful," she lifted herself well enough to touch one - feeling the lightness of the fabrics as if she was playing with light.

"Now darling.... why don't you choose what you like best. And little songbird," he tips her face up, "Do not speak to any one but me... especially my father. He likes to hurt others..."

She nodded, before giving him a smile to confirm her obedience. Then, as if she was a little girl in a dress shop, she pulled herself up from the bed, sitting on her knees - again, delicately so - and pointed towards the white summer dress.

"May I try that one? It reminds me of clouds..." Suddenly, Sheona felt a rush of nausea, so she slowly sat down on her bottom, holding her head to keep it on her neck. "The...room's spinning..."

He smiles watching her child-like joy and nods, " of course you can wear whatever you desire to wear" when she got dizzy he got concerned. Why would she be dizzy? He went over and touched her forehead, she had a fever... " alright lets get you dressed" he helps her in the dress and kisses her gently. " You are gonna be alright. I am gonna make sure of it. Look how pretty you are in this dress. And look" he pulls out the collar and shows her, " so people know you're mine, not to touch"

After he helped her dress, Sheona felt better about being near Russ. She looked pretty for most of her damaged were hidden. And then, as she slipped back under the covers of the bed, Russ presented her with a pretty new collar - one that looked more like an expensive necklace fit for a princess.

Sheona giggle, "It sparkles so new. People will...respect what it means and leave me alone?" After what his father did to her, she worried that other men who hold no respect for others would do the same.

He fastens it around her neck smiling at her joy and when he hears her question he thinks a moment on the best way to answer " some will, some won't. It does however mean if I catch anyone touching you without my permission that I have te right to attack" he grins his teeth showing, " notably would survive an attack from me"

Sheona's eyes widened at Russ's show of teeth, but it was more from being impressed than from fear. She wasn't scared of him...he's done nothing against her to teach her fear. Her confidence rose a little, spawn from her new feelings of some sort of security and freedom, and pride for being owned by someone who truly cared for her...

Touching her new collar, Sheona slowly lifted herself from the bed and reached over to stroke Russ's cheek; the same endearing jester he often gives her.

"Thank you, Russ... I'm so happy now."

He smiles when she touches his cheek and he licks her hand. " How are your injuries today? Do they look any better?" He sniffs at a bandage, his dog like nature slowly becoming more apparent as he grew to be more comfortable with her. His brown eyes looked at her and he was thinking of taking her to the store if she was feeling up to it....

" I am glad the dress fits... you look lovely in it" He smiles at her softly

Sheona giggled sweetly when Russ licked her hand lightly. "That tickles." She wondered if Lycans behaved similar to Canines or Felines. She's known a few from those races, and always loved how their hugs seem to cause her to giggle. She didn't realize how ticklish she was until she befriended a Feline friend who adored hugs.

When Russ checked over her injuries, Sheona answered, "I...I think they're okay. Ciboney medicine works fast." She held back giggling at the tickling sensation of his breath against her back as he sniffed her injuries. "I'm still soar and light-headed..." which would make sense after being thrown against a wall - twice in a twenty-four hour stretch. Sheona didn't complain - she's dealt with worse.

"I am glad the dress fits... You look lovely in it."

She blushed...and again, another forgotten smile had found its way to her lips. "You have an eye for pretty dresses..."

Tilting her head slightly with a question on the top, Sheona's eyes gathered Russ's posture and wondered if he had to work today. Then, she pondered another question that seem to fall off her tongue.

"Russ, what is it that you do when you...go to work? I've heard the statement before, but I don't know what one would do if their work is not in the home..."

Even though she was tired from her injuries, she was restless, and if a restless bird could not fly, then they would sing. But, if a restless bird could not fly nor sing, then the next best thing was to be curious... Sheona was a very curious little creature - especially about Russ. She wanted to know everything she could about her new owner.