Camp Half-Blood (RP)

Jarred waved back at Val as she walked over from the edge of the water. it was late and he figured that he was going to head back to his cabbin. When Val tapped his shoulder asked to walk her back and that she had to talk to him about something he nodded. Jarred stood up and then walked back with Val. Giving her a smile he looked at her. " So what do you want to talk to me about?".

Val bit her lip nervously. She always hating asking people for things- especially since she had some not-so-savory memories of her mother's cursing and loveless blows when Val had asked for things before. But, this wasn't her mother, and Jarred and her were at least somewhat friends-right? "Can you teach me how to swim?" She finally blurted out. "I mean, I've never learned, and it's a bit odd that at my age I've never actually swam before. Plus, hopefully by this point you don't think I'm completely unbearable, and you wouldn't mind teaching me..." She trailed off, waiting for him to say something.

Jarred could tell Val was nervous about something but he had no clue what. When she finally spoke Jarred turned to her and then chuckled. He wasn't making fun of her but he was just surprised by the question. " Yeah of course ill teach you how to swim". A smile formed on his lips and then he took her hand. " Trust me ill be the best trainner you ever had, we can start tommarow morning". Looking up at the sky it was dark and he pulled Val into his arms giving her a hug. " Ill see you tommarow". With that said he headed twords his cabbin. His other brothers and sisters were nice for the most part and since they had swimming in commin it was peacful. Jarred crawled into bed and eventually fell asleep.

Val was surprised that Jarred said yes, but was interested in learning how to swim. When he pulled her in for a hug she blushed, not expecting it. Shortly after he left, Val went back to her cabin. Most of her cabin had went training, and invited her to join next time. She definitely wanted to see how it would be fighting another son or daughter of Ares. She stayed up and talked for a while, before retiring to her room for the rest of the evening, relaxing, and updating Ava on her new experiences at camp.

Jarred woke up the next morning and streached. Mst of his cabbin was empty except for a few that was still sleeping. After getting in the shower he put on his swimming trunks and grabbed his towel. When he left the cabin he asked one of the adults if he could borrow a floaty. He headed to the lake and then dove in the water.

Clara awoke the next morning and sleepily put on some clothes. She went to the food hall and grabbed some breakfast. She sat with some of the girls from the Athena cabin and they were pretty friendly. Clara finished her food and decided to go find Val. She wondered what she could be doing right now.

Noel had gone to his cabin and fallen asleep pretty fast, which was unusual to him.
The fountain in the corner calmed him.

Sunny decided to explore the camp a bit to get over her boredom, but found nothing.
So she too, fell asleep.
In the morning, she woke up, took a shower and got dressed, did her hair and makeup, and walked outside.
She saw a good looking boy coming from his cabin too, so she decided to talk to him.
"Hello! I'm Sunny." She smiled at him- cute boys were always worth the effort of being nice.
(She's speaking to Marcus)

Adrian had gone to her cabin with everyone else too, and once she got up in the morning, no one else was up, so she went for a quick run.

Zeike slept in his cabin alone, and for once, had no dreams.

Val woke pretty early, before anyone in her cabin. Snores were heard throughout every corner, as Val quickly showered, changed into a plain blue bikini, and grabbed her towel. She tip-toed out the cabin, and walked to the lake, where Jarred was already there, with a floaty in the water. She waved, walking into the lake until she was in waist-deep water. She tentatively tip-toed until she reached him, grabbing onto his arm and the float when she couldn't touch the lake ground anymore. Out the corner of her eye, she saw Clara on her way towards the lake. "Drat! It's Clara...I really didn't want anyone seeing me learn how to swim...." She whispered harshly, hiding behind Jarred's back. She moved until she was holding to his elbows, submerging herself until she was hidden.

Jarred smiled when he saw Val heading over to the lake. He watched as she walked in the water and then headed over to him as she grabbed the floaty and his arm. " Morning, that bikini looks cute on you". He was officially prepared to teach her how to swim when he heard Val mention that Clara was heading over and she didn't want people knowing that she was learning how to swim. He knew it'd be rude to ask her to leave but he understood why Val didn't want people to know. He felt Val swim behind him holding on to his shoulders. " Um Clara...Val...errr me and Val are trying to have some alone time uh..were kinda dating". It was the only logical answer he could think of at the time.

Adrian had been running on the beach when she heard Jarred say this.
Stopping in her tracks she turned to look at them.
"Dating?! You've barely known each other for what, two days, maybe? That is ridiculous!"
She crossed her arms and tapped her foot in the sand.

Clara saw Val hiding behind Jarred and was about to head in a different direction. She figured what was going and didn't want to intrude until she heard Jarred mention something about them dating. Before Clara could say anything Adrian opened her mouth. Clara turned towards her and said, "Look Adrian. Whatever they want to do is their business not ours so why don't you continue along like you were before." Then she looked at Jarred, "I'll see you two lovebirds around then." she said smiling and walking towards the training ground.

Val knew she probably wouldn't have been able to hide from Clara- but she had been trying, hopefully shielding herself from Clara's view. Apparently, Val's plan didn't work as Jarred began speaking to Clara, trying to make up an excuse for why they needed to be by themselves. When she heard Jarres say they were dating, Val could've jumped out of the water in shock. Her cheeks felt heated as she turned to face Clara, probably making the story even more believable. She hated the fact that she did it, but whenever she was surprised or flustered, one always seemed to creep up her cheeks- and at this point, she was definitely surprised. 'Dating? Me? And Jarred?' she thought to herself. A million things were running through her mind. I mean, Val did think Jarred was really cute, and sweet, and he didn't seem to mind that she had a side of her that acted a bit like an angry psycho... But she never in a million years thought that he would come up with something like that! Did Jarred know what he was potentially setting himself up for? When Adrian heard and started to have an attitude, it made it even worse, but Val was glad Clara stood up for her. It made her respect Clara even more.

Adrian just huffed and walked away, shaking her head. Kids were ridiculous and idiotic now days- she was a teenager too, but they had
no business dating.
Whatever, they could do as they pleased.

Jarred sighed. What had he gotten himself into. Out of all lies he had to come up with the worst one. He had only saw Clara but groaned in fustration when he saw Adrian. Running his hands through his hair he promised himself that he'd never lie again. The whole thing was blown out of proportion. Turning to Val he sighed. " look I never really though the lie through so my bad if it was a shocker". Suddenly feeling stupid he skipped under the water for a fee seconds before comming back up.

Val watched Jarred sigh and groan in frustration, then go under the water to calm his nerves. "It wasn't that bad of a shock... But thanks for trying to cover it up. Sorry I'm not the most desirable person to be fake hooking up with..." She stated. She didn't think that she was that horrifying to be around, but Jarred's reaction made her start to think otherwise. It almost made Val cringe.

Jarred wasn't mad or anything he just was mad how the situation played out. He was glad he was in the water because it calmed him. " Okay well its time for your swimming lesson". Making sure Val was on the floaty he took her hands and then backed up sowly. " Okay you have to kick your feet". He made sure they wern't too deep incase she panicked.

Val didn't really care about the whole situation, so when Jarred suggested to move to the lesson, there was no objection from Val. They had already wasted enough daylight. She tentatively grabbed onto the floater, kicking her feet like Jarred suggested. It propelled her a few feet across the water, and Val gripped onto the float for dear life so she wouldn't slip and drown. "O-okay... I'm moving!" she said shakily.

Jarred chuckled and then made sure he was close to the floaty. " Thats good but now you have to move your arms, kicking only takes you part of the way". He placed the floaty under her stomach so that she was in the water yet ontop. Backing up slowly he placed his arms out. " Now move your arms and kick your feet".

The float had been taken from Val's grip, and placed under her stomach. "I'm so happy you're amused by this." She said sarcastically. This time he wanted her to move her arms too. 'Okay... I can do this..it's just like on TV, right?' she thought. Val continually kicked her feet in a steady rhythm, this time attempting to add her arms. Unfortunately, when she tried to move her arms, she leaned too much of her weight on one side, and the floater moved from under Val, making her panic a bit and struggle to stay up in the water.

Jarred watched closley as Val made an attempt to use her arms but wound up almost falling over on the floaty. Moving tword her he stoped the floaty from moving from under her and instead took her hand. " Okay start kicking, im going to move back pulling you along and eventually im going to ket go so you going to have to use your arms".