Camp Half-Blood (RP)

Tons of kids were piling into the lunchroom, waiting to be informed of the situation. Some were frantic, and others looked extremely excited. A few of the little ones had started to cry. When Clara had sat down at the table, Val filled her in. "Sunny and I had been in my cabin, messing around with clothes," she started, gesturing to her appearance, "A kid screamed and I saw something huge trudge it's way back into the forest, apparently it took one of the kids." She explained.

Clara gasped. She couldn't believe that something that had gotten past the camp's borders. Before she had gone to her cabin last night, Clara had stopped by the main house and talked to Chiron. He had explained everything to her - including quests. She knew that getting one would possibly let her see her father and ,besides that, were a great honor. She hoped that this meant she would have one.

Jarred was tranning when it all happened. He didn't really get a good look at the beast but it had happened so quick. One of the adults took him and had a talk with him wanting to know exactly what he saw. Jarred couldn't really say because he honeslty didn't know. When the other kids piled up in the foold hall he followed in and looked around. Everyone was distressed and on edge. People were wondering when the next attack was going to occur. Walking over he took a seat at the table and looked around at everyone before letting out a sigh.

Val pulled at the hem of her dress in annoyance, crossing her legs and looking up as Jarred sat down. Kids were retelling stories, some fabricating tales of the creature, how they fought it, how it bit them, amongst other things. "What's wrong with you? Did someone fill you in on what was going on?" She asked.

Jarred blinked a few times when he saw Val and in a dress. " Um..uh no i actually caught a glimpse of the monster, Alot of people have no clue what it looked like and their just listening to other people". He placed his hands on the table and looked over as the counclers and other adults calmed the students they said that they will do everything in their power to get the two students back and that he needed to train incase another attack happened. " The barrier that keeps the monsters out is weak and breaking". Looking back at Val he tapped his fingers on the table. " Gonna have to train more".

Val noticed Jarred's strange look at her dress. "Don't ask..." She muttered, blushing. At the mention of having seen the monster, Val was immediately intrigued. Counselors were around the room, calming restless kids, before Jarred mentioned more training. "I agree... But someone will have to-" Val began, only to be interrupted by a counselor. He was a centaur, and the room fell into silence as he spoke.

"Obviously we've all been made aware of what's happened. A creature, that not many have gotten a good glimpse of, has taken two small kids. A son of Hermes, and a daughter of Athena. We had a group of counselors go after the creature, but as of now, they have not returned. Of course, counselors are not Demi-gods, so we don't expect them to have the same advantage you do. If they are have not returned by sunset, we would like a team of at most five to go out as well. The first ones to get their team together-"

Val jumped up, interrupting him, her hand raised. "I have my team."
The man looked surprised, but nodded for her to go on.
"Myself, Jarred, Sunny, Zeike, and Clara. Children of Ares, Poseidon, Aphrodite, and Hades." She listed off, confidently. "Although we're new, we've had sufficient training outside of here. I know we're capable." She told him.

"Very Well. Does anyone on this list of mentioned wish to object?" The counselor asked, looking around the table.

Jarred was supprised when Val raised her hand when the centaur spoke about a group heading out of the few councelors didn't return. When she named the group Jarred looked at her and then around the room. Noone objected so the man nodded and agreed that they were the group. Eventually the food hall cleared out and he stayed seated. He was in deep thought thinking about what they were to do. Some of the people on the teamed havent even trained yet. Getting up he smiled at Val. " Well im going to go train". Before he left he stopped. " Oh and nice dress by the way, looks good on you". Jarred had to make sure he was ready and there was a high chance the councelrs wern't comming back. Walking to his room he changed into more comfortable clothes before heading back outside.

Clara was excited that Val had named her to be on her team. But first things first...Clara needed to brush up on her skills. Her grandma thought that it was important for Clara to learn self-defense at a young age so it wasn't like she was totally vulnerable. Clara turned to Val and said, "Are you any good at hand to hand combat?"

Val smiled as nobody objected, the kids wishing them luck. She thanked Jarred for his comment before turning to Clara. "Definitely." She told her before turning to the group. "Everyone! Group practice in 10 minutes on the training grounds! We need to brush up on our skills. They say they plan to send us out tomorrow morning." Val explained, before walking out and heading to her cabin to change. Once there, she took of the dress and shoes, changing back into the clothes she originally had picked out for that evening. When she got to the training grounds, Jarred was already there. "Hey, we need a group practice. Learn the way each of us fights. Help each other out with our weaknesses." She suggested as they waited for the others to arrive.

Clara was thrilled. This is going to be interesting she thought to herself as she walked back to her cabin. Val had said that they would have a group in about 10 minutes. Clara quickly put on a pair of shorts, a tshirt, and some sneakers. Once she was changed and put her hair up into a ponytail, she jogged out to the training grounds to meet the others. She knew that most of them probably thought she couldn't fight so she was excited to surprise them.

Val was trying to wait for Zeike and Sunny, but after a few minutes, decided to continue. "Alright, then, as we're waiting- what are you guys battle strengths weaknesses? We have to know before we go out here on our own. For example, I'm a good shot for archery, but I have trouble getting the arrow in place. Plus, I'm a lousy swimmer. Hand-to-hand, sword fighting, and any type of weapons fighting: mace, daggers, etc. are my strengths." She thought aloud, looking at Clara and Jarred.

Clara thought for a moment. "I'm an excellent swimmer and am good at hand to hand. Fighting with weapons... not so much unless you count fencing." Clara said. She looked towards Jarred for his turn.

Jarred looked at Clara and Val. " Well i have good fighting skills, I can deffinitally swim and im good with swords and blades". Taking a seat he wondered where everyone was at.

Val nodded at Jarred's statement, waiting a few more minutes for the other two before deciding to start without them. "Alright, it's apparent that we need to start training now, so let's just begin. How about we start with the strengths first? A bit of a hand to hand spar between two of us? Which two want to go first?" She asked them, ready to get as much training as possible in before they needed to pack.

"I'd like to volunteer myself to go first. Anyone willing to fight against me?" Clara said looking around at the small group.

Val waited to see if Jarred would speak up, before volunteering. "Okay, we can fight," Val said, grinning. She let her leg move back, her hands immediately moving to shield her face, waiting for Clara to make the first move.

Clara waited for someone else to volunteer and smiled when Val spoke up. She watched as Val got into position and waited for her to make the first move. Clara also raised up her hands to shield her face and threw a punch with her right.

Val was prepared for Clara's punch, blocking it with her right forearm. She then used her arm to move Clara's to the side, attempting a swift left jab to the unguarded space before pulling away, her hands still guarding her face.