Cafe Valdemar

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Declan started crying ''I.. I killed her.. I let her run off, and now she's dead..''
He got up and looked around ''I can't be here.''
A feeling of heartbreak caused him to break down, he couldn't walk away, he crumbled in front of everyone.

It was just a matter of time before she could wake up on her own, still at that time alone, being able to breath with the machines was a miracle. Suddenly one of the doctors came out, smiling briefly.

" Its a Miracle.. She is back! She is breathing.. I don't know what happened but we lost her for a moment.. She will be fine "

And with that the doctor patted Declan shoulder, in relief before going inside her room giving orders to be moved into a normal, private patient room.

A few nurses helped Pandora to be moved into a new bed and a new room, across the hall.

" She is still critical .. But you can go see her in a few minutes. One rule is only One person is allowed at time. Is in room number 247 on the left."

The doctor instructed everyone looking at Max to, before he'd gone to do his duty.

Max nodded and looked at Declan ''You go in, ok? She doesn't care about me, and Leila looks pretty tired..''
He smiled and patted Declan on the back.

Declan looked up and shook his head ''I can't, I'm sorry.. but this is my fault, and I can't face it. I'm not strong enough..''

Reactions: 2 people
Meanwhile, Pandora got more stable and was able to breathe a bit more normal. She was still in this sort of trance, laying down the bed with her hair scattered all over the pillow. She looked as if was in a deep sleep.

A rather tall nurse came where Declan was, scribbling something on a piece of paper.

" Sir.. Please. I can assure you she'll be fine in a few days. I'm sure that the lady will be happy to see you when she opens her eyes.. It would be sad if nobody was there. " the nurse trying to convince Declan, with a smile and pointing towards Pandora's room.

Declan sighed "why can't Max go in? I was supposed to be home right now, I have a business to run."
He felt harsh saying it out loud, but someone had to think about the cafe, nobody else seemed to.

Letting people in, isn't supposed to change business. Life should just continue as normal.

He looked at Max, but Max shook his head.
He sighed and itched the back of his head "every day I lose out on money, gets taken off your wages."
With that, he walked into the room and pulled up a chair, sitting down and leaning his head on his head.. He slowly started to fall asleep.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
As if it wasn't enough, she really caused trouble everytime she was around people.

Time passed by once again, Pandora slowly begun to open her blue eyes, looking around the room. She sighed deeply knowing exactly why she was there in the first place.

Her eyes stopped at Declan sitting in a chair with his eyes closed.

" I .. Can't believe he's here.. After all, I caused him trouble. Again, with this stupid heart of mine. If he only knew .. That I know Him. I've always watched over you Declan..,"she said on a low voice. Indeed she knew him from before, but he wouldn't remember her. It was back in the school days, when she went into the same school as him.

Since then she had feelings for him, but Declan always liked her best friend. When her mother passed way, Pandora moved from he city only to come back one year later decided to find Him. Tell him that she always Loved Him.

He opened his eyes and saw her looking at him, he rubbed his eyes and smiled "hey.. You're awake.."
He got up and closed the door "let's just forget about all of them for a second."
He walked to the bed and gently started brushing his hand over her hair repeaditly.
"Why didn't you tell me about your heart? I could've handled things better.."
He sighed and lend down "it's okay, just.. Don't ever run away from me again.. I need you close.." He whispered and then kissed her forehead.
Declan smiled "just rest, ok?"

• Love
Pandora smiled faintly at him, still not enough power to speak to much but somehow she was happy he was there. He came for her. But wondered if she could tell him that they knew each other from school..

" I.. Run away because I didn't want to see you.. Hurt . Nor Leila either." Answered simply, trying to reach the small glass for the water . After drinking it slowly, Declan kissed her head and made her blush.

" I'll try and rest.. As for my heart, I certainally didn't want to worry you with my problems, De." Saying his name De as her best friend called him, when they were together years ago.

Pandora closed her eyes again, breathing normally yet heavy and hot breathing.

" Oh, your bar .. Don't worry about it. I can call my uncle for backup.. -coughs- he is a good business man." Reassured him, slightly touching his fingers with hers.

She just let things happen but she was worried about Pandora too. She asked the nurse about her illness. They said she still need some infusion. She slipped out and asked if she can be a donor. She was compatible and donated some of her blood. She went back and sat beside Max. "Hey. This is one long day. Can't wait for it to end." she told him. "We can go to the bar and work. Declan needs to be with Pandora." she told him. "You have keys, right? You go ahead. I'll tell Declan then I'll follow." she smiled at him.

Declan sat back down "just.. Close your eyes.. Relax.. It's all going to be okay.."

Max nodded "yeah, this is messed up.. Like, really messed up.."
For a second he looked at her, and then brushed his hand over his face before yawning "yeah, but I am toasted.. I haven't slept.."

"Me, too. We can't sleep now though. It'll only upset Declan more. He looked like one more and he'll turn into dust." she said worriedly biting her lip. She wondered what is going on with the two right now. She shook her head and convinced herself that it wasn't her business.

Pandora tried to keep her eyes open, but was really tired. Mumbling some words to Declan before she soon fell asleep.

" Thank you De.. You're.. A life saviour after all." She said falling into a deep sleep breathing softly, her chest going up and down.

The doctors assured The nurse who took care of her that she could go home the next day if she was feeling better. Also prescribe some medicine to take with her.

Everything begun to fall into place after a long time, as everyone been already through much in just 24 hours.

"You go home, get some sleep. I'll go to the cafe and work." Max smiled, kissed her cheek and got up.
It was hard for him to work with her, when they kissed he felt something, but she's in love with Declan, and Declan clearly loves her.. He couldn't do that to his best friend.

Declan watched Pandora sleep, she looked peaceful.
He shook his head slightly "I'm the reason you almost died.. I'm not a life saviour, Max saved you.."

• Love
A few more hours passed, another nurse came in to check on her.Everything seemed fine, being daylight outside the sun was up making his light to get inside the hospital rooms.

Pandora woke up, feeling a lot better than yesterday and tried to stand up. She pulled the infusion off her arm, as her feet felt the cold marble floor. Her head still was dizzy but she couldn't stay a minute more in that hospital.

" Ah ... Crap my head hurts " whispered by closing her eyes sitting at the edge of the bed.

Last edited by a moderator:
She nodded. "Okay. I'm sorry, Max." she said as she kissed his cheeks back. "I'll wait for you guys at home." she said tiredly.

Declan jumped up "hey, hey.. Don't.. You need that.." He stepped in front of her and looked at her "you can't take it out.. You need it.. I need you to be okay.."
He whispered softly as cupped her cheeks and looked into her eyes "please.."

Max smiled "yeah, I will see you home. Just get some rest."
He slowly started to walk to the cafe to work his shift.

" My head is pounding.. Crap.. Uhmm Declan? Are you alright..?" She spoke to him, with her tired eyes locked onto his eyes. She could feel heat again taking over her body.

" I can't stay here anymore.. I am fine. I just want to go.. I can stand up myself."
Pandora tried to reassure him, with her feet on the floor her body standing up, yet she grabbed his sleeve being dizzy.

" If I'd ask you.. To take me away from here would you break the law?" Whispered at his ear, softly breathing warm air.

He gasped quietly as he felt her breathe on his neck and ear "y-yes.. I think it would be breaking the law unless they released you.."
He lend down, wrapping his arms around her, their bodies pressed against eachother "please sit down.. We can go anywhere as when you get released, I'll take you away.. But right now it's important that you rest.."

She went home without actually conscious of her way. She just let her feet take her home. When she arrived, she went to her room and undressed. She took a towel and decided to take a bath. She poured the tub with hot water and submerged herself once it was full. The water was just below her chin so she was soaking in it nicely. She watched the vapors rise up on the ceiling of the bathroom. She watched it without really taking it in. Then her eyes began to water and tears rolled down her cheeks. She laughed loudly as she cried. She closed her eyes and tried to relax. "I'm okay. I'm okay." she told herself.

• Love
Declan was trying his hardest to focus.. But in his mind, he was still thinking about the night before.
He still needed to talk to Leila, and was a little angry at Max for dragging them there.
He said he was freaking out, but he seemed fine when they got there.

He was still holding onto Pandora "I'm sorry.. For everything.."

Status
Not open for further replies.