Not open for further replies.

Iwaku

Edgelord
Original poster
SITE ACCOUNT
FOLKLORE MEMBER
This is a BUG REPORT THREAD!

We just updated the forums to 1.5.13

If something weird is happening, or giving you errors, report it in this thread.

PLEASE -ONLY- REPORT IT IN THIS THREAD AND IN THE HELP DESK. DO NOT SEND A CONVERSATION, EMAIL, HIT UP PEOPLE IN CHAT OR ON DISCORD UNLESS YOU CANNOT POST ON THE FORUMS.
You might end up messaging the wrong person and getting BAD information. Everyone needs to be able to see what is reported and what has been fixed. Please make sure to report bugs in the right place or we might never get it fixed!

KNOWN ISSUES STILL TO BE ADDRESSED
  • Infinite loading time with the 'reply' button, the same thing for multi-quoting.
    • Text-editor has been reverted to the basic text-editor until a solution is found.
  • Bbcodes not working in the signatures.
  • Several Google fonts, as well as regular fonts not working and defaulting into Times New Roman.
  • Private Messages privacy settings are reversed. Members who are hiding their 'read date' are being shown and these who aren't hiding are being 'hidden'.
  • Image urls automatically pop up the image, instead of pasting the url.
  • Words breaking up into a new line with urls.
  • Rich Text Editor generates the wrong code when trying to insert a tab code.
  • 405 error when trying to post where members have to confirm their humanity.
  • The 'justify' text-align code is not working. Same goes for the background code.
  • Editor is showing problems with large posts.
  • Table codes breaking
  • ---

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the code was written with { and it worked until today... then it borked
Yeah, very strange. It randomly switches the two symbols for no reason. I was creating /stabs and I used the {--slide} and it turned it into [--slide]

I also notice some other code automatically add's itself too sometimes lol sometimes it's helpful other times it's pretty much the exact reason I turned off Autocorrect on my phone. One moment I'm asking for my friend to pick up Condiments from the store and it turns into something highly inappropriate and absurd...

Yeah, very strange. It randomly switches the two symbols for no reason. I was creating /stabs and I used the {--slide} and it turned it into [--slide]

I also notice some other code automatically add's itself too sometimes lol sometimes it's helpful other times it's pretty much the exact reason I turned off Autocorrect on my phone. One moment I'm asking for my friend to pick up Condiments from the store and it turns into something highly inappropriate and absurd...
Unfortunately your suggestion did not work.

EDIT : Solved rich text thing was off cause I turned it off and didn't know that it affected the post box like that.
My post box doesn't show the tool heading (in either Firefox or Chrome). Not really sure what to call it but basically where it has the bold, italics and underline buttons as well as the font size and color etc. I know the site reverted to basic editor, but I had a heading after that and now it's gone. I also can't post images or anything. I can post links but not the image (I dunno if that's just a basic text thingie)

post box issue.png

EDIT: I've no clue why the attachment posted twice. I think it's removed now.

Last edited:
My post box doesn't show the tool heading (in either Firefox or Chrome). Not really sure what to call it but basically where it has the bold, italics and underline buttons as well as the font size and color etc. I know the site reverted to basic editor, but I had a heading after that and now it's gone. I also can't post images or anything. I can post links but not the image (I dunno if that's just a basic text thingie)

View attachment 135944

EDIT: I've no clue why the attachment posted twice. I think it's removed now.
Are you absolutely sure you have the text editor turned on? If it's off, then it's normal for the tool heading to be gone.

Are you absolutely sure you have the text editor turned on? If it's off, then it's normal for the tool heading to be gone.
Oh my god....I'm so dumb. >_< I turned it off like a few days ago for an rp and I never fully knew what it did...and oh gosh >_< Thanks lol.

Reactions: Joan
Not sure if this is a setting I've yet to see, or a bug, but as of late, all the new conversations I've had haven't updated the "last read" for the other person, just for myself, even after they replied.

Not sure if this is a setting I've yet to see, or a bug, but as of late, all the new conversations I've had haven't updated the "last read" for the other person, just for myself, even after they replied.

Yep :) If you check the very first post in the thread (stickied at the top) you'll see a list of known bugs/issues and that's up there for ya :)

Yep :) If you check the very first post in the thread (stickied at the top) you'll see a list of known bugs/issues and that's up there for ya :)

Ah, didnt quite see that one, it was oddly worded so i skimmed past it, thx.

Ah, didnt quite see that one, it was oddly worded so i skimmed past it, thx.

No worries - I actually didn't know it was there till just now, cause... well, I'm a dummy XD

A new little something I've noticed is that the site says I have insufficient privileges to reply to my own post

A new little something I've noticed is that the site says I have insufficient privileges to reply to my own post

Was the thread locked? o.o Most threads that haven't gotten any replies in over a month are archived, and you won't be able to reply to them after that*, regardless of whether or not you're the thread starter.

*unless you request to have the thread revived

Was the thread locked? o.o Most threads that haven't gotten any replies in over a month are archived, and you won't be able to reply to them after that*, regardless of whether or not you're the thread starter.

*unless you request to have the thread revived
Ahhh okay, i wasnt aware of that at all, I should probably do that at some point, but I'm alright for the moment, I guess lol. I do still have one living thread. Thanks for shedding some light on that xD

Reactions: Kagayours
Message Prefixes are kind of glitchy.

0f9ae405030d4a96adff03ea41ed0e7d.png

You can't select any of the options, as they are all behind the box, lol.

With a little inspect element editing, I could get it to work, still. For reference, this is what I get after I edit it in a kind of hack to make it work:
daddecffcbff4f9aa45dcc10ef106b4b.png

New issue to report, I'll try getting a screenshot of it, baring someone else has reported it. At least one other person I've talked with has ran into the following after rich text editor removal in regards to the new reply box;

Reply box freezes needing to be refreshed or resets all coloring while using the text coloring tool at random.

It seems to happen at random, I cannot purposely get it to trigger, today I had it happen twice with no resets. Yesterday it locked up and reset on one post five times.

If it helps any I'm using Microsoft Edge with Windows 10, I may try making posts in other browsers to see if the effect remains. Also as said at the start, I will also attempt getting a screenshot the next time I run into this issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eruantien
The last couple weeks I've had a problem where the Safari browser isn't working well with iwaku. It randomly stops working for a few minutes at a time and then will suddenly start working again. It does this on both the mobile browser and on my computer.

052317683f2dd99a1c48d174c10120cc.png

Before the last couple weeks, Safari has always worked absolutely fine with iwaku. I never had problems with it before. I can always just switch browsers when this problem occurs, but just thought I'd mention that the problem is going on, at least for me.

Screenshot from 2017-05-12 00-30-50.png Hi! Don't believe I've seen anything about this yet, but to the right of the "save draft" button on the Rich Text Editor, there's this row of black (blank?) buttons. When I hover over them, they are: Inline text spoiler button, Inserts a Spoiler!, Insert a spoiler, Insert advanced styling tabs, Insert accordion style tabs, Insert article, Insert a fieldset with a custom title, Create a fancy link button, Font-Awesome Creator.

The bug is that I can't see the pictures for these buttons. They're either the same color as the Midnight theme, or so dark they're hard to see.

I am using Chrome for Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.